<pre>7/17/2018 at 5:24
Keroc, the Starborn
Classleads July 2018 - part 1 (Warhounds)
I'm going to be dropping some early Warhound changes, mostly because I want people to check out the breeding changes foremost and get some feedback on that before diving in too deep. I'm mostly searching for that sweet spot where people still rewarded for breeding but without all the frustrations that came come with an RNG dependent minigame.
There will be more changes to come, such as to Deathlore and other areas of Warhounds.
- The third major trait can now be selected from traits that the dame/sire have when breeding.
* Before, it would select a random major from the entire pool providing it wasn't something that the dame/sire had.
* I've also added a small chance to pick something directly from what the dame/sire had, rather then the entire pool.
- Warhounds speed, ferocity, and resilience stats are now based on the hounds level (max of 10).
- Outfit no longer modifies hound stats, instead it will increase the percentage of damage reduced when the hound is attacked.
- Fur colour is now visible in the short/long description of a warhound.
* Replaces the 'vicious' word in the short/long description.
- Wimpy, Benign, and Venomless are no longer physical traits.
- Hound Track now only stuns/attacks the target if they your enemy.
- Hound Scent no longer costs equilibrium if you use it while you have balance.
- The Twinhead major trait can now proc Soulrot.
- The Poisonclaw major trait now causes dementia instead of haemophilia.
* This now has a 100% proc rate.
- The Rupture major trait no longer deals psychic damage, but is otherwise the same.
- The Dull minor trait now reduces the mana loss from Howl.
- The Athletic minor trait now increases the amount of limb damage caused by HOUND BITE.
* It will no longer provide any stat benefits to the hound.
- The Piercing minor trait now allows voice based hound abilities to bypass room silence effects.
* It will no longer strip deafness when used with Howl.
- I've gone through and altered the base hound balance for most abilites, which you can find below:
* Bite has been increased to 5.5 seconds, up from 5.
* Barrel has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 5.
* Shatter has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 4.5.
* Ululate has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 5.5.
* Terror has been decreased to 5 seconds, down from 6.
* Poisonclaw has been decreased to 5 seconds, down from 5.5.
* Firebreath has been decreased to 5 seconds, down from 5.5.
* Tundralhowl has been incresed to 6.5 seconds, up from 5.5.
* Shock has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 5.5.
* Acidspit has been increased to 5.5 seconds, up from 4.5.
* Stare has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 5.5.
* Contagion has been increased to 4.5 seconds, up from 3.5.
* Growl has been increased to 5 seconds, up from 4.
Penned by my hand on Closday, the 19th of Lleian, in the year 474 MA.</pre>