Announce post #2858: July Promotion!

<pre>7/1/2018 at 15:09
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
July Promotion!

This month's promotion is cryptic chests! Apologies for the bit of a late start, I've been ill. These lovely items show up on the credit page as their own category, where you select the number you like. They tend to value at around 20-30 credits, though their prizes actually range from 5 to 2000 credits.

Prizes within the chest include the standard prizes kept in HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS, and these notable changes:

Minipets
--------
-a pudgy ball python - Reptile
-an Imp-in-a-box - Mechanical
-a capricious Liruma paksivale - Avian

Compendium Pages
----------------
Area: the Ayhesa Cliffs
Area: the Isle of Ollin
Area: Tiyen Esityi
Area: the Bastion of Illdon
Area: the Forgotten Dome
Area: Dovan Hollow
Area: the Dramedo Warrens
Area: Tcanna Island
Area: Arbothia
Area: the Nal'jin Depths
Area: the Fengard Keep

Relics
------
Quills, Caudum, Golden Translocator, Star, Shrubbing Wand, Phylactery Sleepy

Flair
-----
Lightning, Brooding, Cheerful, Agile, Crazed

NEW ITEM
Boon Fireworks
--------------
These fireworks may be fired like a normal bomb, WIELD the firework and THROW FIREWORK AT GROUND. After doing so a 50% experience buff will be given for an hour to a group based on the firework type. These items decay, but you can save them up and chain them together for group events! The types only stack with themselves, so 2x guild and 2x city will only give two hours overall if done at once.

Guild - an emblazoned firework
City - a patriotic firework display
Spirit - a "Catiana's Glory" firework display
Shadow - a "Catarina's Wheel" firework display
Game - an "Ere's Unsupervised Explosive Extravaganza" firework display

These fireworks trade in for 5, 10, 20, and 40 credits, respectively via the PROMO TRADEIN command.

You may also, temporarily, use the PROMOFIREWORKS command. This will enable you to trade 3 guild fireworks for a city, two city for a tether, or two tether for a game. This way you can collect fireworks and work together to increase the scopes. Loyalty marks are not required.

BOOM!
-T

PS- Plush tokens are dead. I put all of them inside the first couple of test fireworks. Ere helped and it was pretty.

Penned by my hand on Quensday, the 1st of Chakros, in the year 474 MA.</pre>

Comments

• Small correction, the command is "PROMOFIREWORK" 
    Unofficial Founder of the Cult of Tiur
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    CHANGELOG NEWS #1488
    Date: 7/2/2018 at 3:03
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Fireworks and a Corrupt Producer

I was so distracted by cookies, I seem to have mumbled the names of the fireworks during their creation. Hard to understand a Celani with Their mouth full of chocolate chips, let Me tell you. Or, maybe our Producer fell to the whims of Catiana's Corruption. We will never know which caused the fumble.

They have been corrected:

a "Catiana Wheel" firework display - Shadow Aligned explosion
    a "Katshkele's Glory" firework display - Spirit Aligned boom

Back to cookies. Please feel free to send Me some more!
    Leana