I haven't really played here since about a week after making Riannon, part of me kind of regrets upping and leaving but the times I played at back then kinda didn't do me much justice in being able to do much... With that, I'd been considering coming back and starting over; I reached out to a few people who I used to play with for some advice, but in the mean time while I wait to see when (if) they show up, I thought I'd try and ask here.
[ Note: Don't care about script/code 'needs' for anything. If I need something, I have zero problems in being able to make any of it myself. Don't let that be a factor, please! ]
1) I read about gold / exp changes in the past few months, would anyone care to fill me in? I remember when I played Riannon, it was kind of abysmal trying to earn anything. Made it kind of hard to bash a number of places due to afflictions + low gold income = buy credits for gold, or bash in lowbie areas for an extra long time. I kind of refused to accept handouts.
2) Piggybacking off #1, how is exp nowadays? The very first time I hit Tekal back in like ~2011 it was get 80 -> get artifacts from someone -> sit in Tiyen for like a week. Or just have someone constantly take you through Xaanhal (sp?). Kinda dull, I rather like variety!
3) How are most classes for bashing these days? What're the investment 'requirements' for them to actually be as good as they are? What ones can do 'perfectly fine' without investing 1000+ credits into it? I'll retire with a bit, but not quite that
much. Which of these classes do 'okay' in PvP? It's not a huge draw for me, but it'll help if I decide to get into it down the line. I don't mind it not being OP, just... Usable... Coming from Lusternia, this particular part was kinda nightmarish.
4) How is PvP these days? What is there to do? Still just Foci, or have there been new additions?
5) Also not a huge deal, but it's worth asking... How are the factions these days? I think when I was dicking around on Riannon, Shadow was top dog by quite a fair margin. I rather enjoy classes from both sides.
Thanks in advance.