You play too much Aetolia when...

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    That's a shame, getting a call from Pilar is actually quite amusing.
    Two years after the song's release and I still subconsciously sing "Now you're just Sibatti that I used to know".
    AldricRhoTeaniLim
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Can't unhear.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    HaydynArbre
  • ...when you find your self half-listening in an Linux CLI network administration class and glance down to your virtual machine to see the following: 

[root@*****]# gw
    bash: gw: command not found...
    [root@*****]# qw
    bash: qw: command not found...
    [root@*****]# design q
    bash: design: command not found...

And you try to 'clear' your Aetolia screen, but only manage to clear your character's throat.
    imageimage
    Amara
  • edited March 2013
    Haydyn said:
    ...when you find your self half-listening in an Linux CLI network administration class and glance down to your virtual machine to see the following: 

[root@*****]# gw
    bash: gw: command not found...
    [root@*****]# qw
    bash: qw: command not found...
    [root@*****]# design q
    bash: design: command not found...

And you try to 'clear' your Aetolia screen, but only manage to clear your character's throat.
    I do this, and then SIGH when I notice, which doesn't work any better :(
    Haydyn
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited March 2013
    I often find myself saying the word SIGH rather than actually doing it, which makes it even more odd when the person I speak to is a Swedish-speaking non-Aetolian. <.<

AngweKonnornErzsebetHaydynSollace
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    I say it all the time. >.> Often without actually doing it. Similarly: giggle, stare, eye, eyeshift, twirl, and ponder
    imageimage
    TeaniHaydyn
    I had a patient named Dalton who totally flaked out on his appointment and I was not the least bit surprised.
    MeskhenetErzsebetAldricLinPiperPeriluna
    HA HA I GET IT.
    KiyotanMeskhenet
    Thank you for voting! Your vote helps Aetolia grow and is very much appreciated. You have played Aetolia an average of 151.3 hours per week for the last five weeks. We hope you continue to enjoy the realm!

151.3 hours out of 168. So like. 16.7 hours a week of not-aetolia. And maybe another ten a week that are me online but idling, earthmelded, bio breaks, crafting like I shouldn't be right now, showering, etc.
    imageimage
    Haydyn
  • I've not been here for very long, but I like the fact that there is that RP element. It helps you forget that Aetolia is a text based RPG and makes it that little more real. 
    Angwe
    Amusingly, Haven set everyplace except Duiran on fire. 
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Kiyotan said:
    Sadly, Duiran is immune to fire. It was the first place I tried. I intended to set the entire city ablaze or as much as I possibly could before someone came and stopped me but was surprised to find that fires were disabled within the city. So I did the next best thing and attack the forests.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Which is a shame, the admin should have just went...ok just this one time. Let's watch the whole world burn.

Haven
  • Haven said:
    Kiyotan said:
    Sadly, Duiran is immune to fire. It was the first place I tried. I intended to set the entire city ablaze or as much as I possibly could before someone came and stopped me but was surprised to find that fires were disabled within the city. So I did the next best thing and attack the forests.
    Yeah I should have said forests to be more clear. I equate the forests with Duiran in my mind. Although I wasn't online when it happened I was around for the aftermath and the drama it created between Enorian and Duiran. Which was fun to watch.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Exceeeeellent. It seems Haven's return to the dark side has begun...
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    I was engaged in a friendly game of Collector genocide in ME3's multiplayer when I found an 'Akimoto' on my team. I had a moment of total confusion, not really helped by the fact he decided it was appropriate to spend three clips on shooting me in the face.
    EsperHadoryuMeyvitchAldricPiperValenaeErzsebetIllikaal
  • This might have been mentioned already, but when I play actively I have text based dreams at least once a month.

Pretty weird.

HaydynAldricTeaniLiancaCiarelleErzsebetIllikaal
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    I think dreaming in text is pretty standard for Aetolians. I brought it up in a class in university once, and my tutor eyeballed me suspiciously and then asked if I was synaesthetic.

ArbreAryanne
  • edited March 2013
    I know I've had too much exposure to Aetolia when my boss asks me, 'Did you remember to hit the clock this morning?' and without thinking I reply, 'Yeah, I'm logged in.'

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

HavenHaydynAryannePeriluna
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Dreaming in text is standard for all IRE players. Zug zug.
    Yeah. I -only- dream in text, pretty much. I mean, excepting the one recurring dream, almost every other dream I've had for the past six years has been text.
    imageimage
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    ...am I the only one who has never dreamed in text?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    ErzsebetAryanneAlycena
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I don't dream in text, but I have dreamed that I was playing a MUD. 

• TsvanniTsvanni The Inner Gate
    Violetta said:
    When texting or in a chat you keep wanting to use say/wt/ht/clt/gt before anything else and every now and then it slips out
    @violetta I do that all the time... I'm like 'say' in skype. It causes so many groans.
  • Aetolian characters invade your dreams as if they're real people. D:
    HaydynLiancaErzsebetAryannePerilunaArbre
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You've just been Omei'd.
    EdhainLiancaLinErzsebetPerilunaArbreEmelle
  • When things you need to do in Aetolia are part of your 'To-Do' list along with your grocery list.
    EdhainMoireanTeaniLiancaCiarelleErzsebet
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    So I was on the forums just now, and ended up falling asleep with this netbook in my lap. In my dream, I was on the forums, and it was in fact so realistic that I didn't even realize I was sleeping. Of course when I woke up. Well. I was really just resuming my dream. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Hadoryu