I am not sure if this the correct location for this or if there is already something started on this subject, but I want to express my thoughts on the Dominion and see where everyone else stands in this.
I really like the concept and idea behind the Dominion and there is a TON of potential here, however there comes a problem with this system:
1) currently in order to change Primus you need 4/5 votes from the Blood Council, this presents a problem as if two characters decided to, they can hold the Dominion hostage and not allow any new Primus to take over. Currently this is what we are seeing, two members of the Blood Council are holding up the process, a process mind you that has not been written down and only been verbally communicated, which can change based on who remembers what. From my observation it seems that certain House leaders are afraid that if a new Primus comes up and does not like them or what they are doing within the Dominion or their Houses then they will be replaced, as the Primus has that power. It seems that people are so afraid to lose power that they would rather hold back an organization just to keep it. It seems they are not willing to work with anyone to relieve this stress that is causing all of us, and no one seems to want to step up and do anything.
2) There is so much within the Dominion that is undone or not finished, in terms of scrolls like DHELP or other basic group set up. In case someone people do not know the ENTIRE Blood Council has access to change and update DHELP, yet no one seems to want to step up and do it. I have heard that the current Primus said not to touch them and he will do it, however it is very clear he is not. So why is the Blood Council just sitting and waiting for someone else to do it or tell them to do it? Clearly if the Primus is not waking then someone needs to step up and do it. If anything just post your own House's information. There is also a commercial prospect to think to this and not just RP, consider this: Let's say you are a brand new player never hearing about Aetolia ever and read about Vampires and the Dominion, then decide you want to take a look and see what it is about. You log in choose the Vampire class and then get placed in Bloodloch and the Dominion. You are greeted by Bloodloch and told what to do, however no one greets you in the Dominion. Ok cool you got things to do in Bloodloch to get out of Novicehood, so you finish that and then you start to look further into the Dominion and see what that is about, you are told about CHELP so think there is a DHELP and find it. Then you start to see that the scrolls there do not work. You wonder if it is something you are doing wrong, or if the game might be broken in this aspect. You try but keep failing, then you speak on DT and someone finally helps you and may even express that DHELP does not work or is not fully created. Your image of this game begins to tarnish because of the lack of things setup. Do you see my point here?
3) I believe the Houses, in their first conceptions, has run their course and is now over. I really think they should be destroyed in a glorious battle and either leave the Dominion completely in their place or dissolve the Dominion altogether and leave the Consanguine as a Race like the Lycans. The Vampire class is a race all in itself anyways and no other race in the land has a central organization like we do. The issue will be with the Blood Lines and how that would work. I am sure someone more created than I can come up with a solution for that.
The point here is that we need solutions and actions to help bring this group to a functional level, as of right now we have sisters fighting with themselves and is holding back the group in itself. I really wish you all would see that you are making this much harder than it really needs to be. I would like to see solutions presented to the Admins so they may get an idea on where we want to go as a player base.
WIth that here are a few of my suggestions for Solutions:
1) Instead of the 4/5 votes drop it down to 3/5 vote, that way the majority of the Council will be picking a Primus and make it harder for one character to band with another character to hold the Dominion hostage.
1.a) Another idea, create a new system in voting..... When a call for a new Primus is needed, allow any member of the Blood Council to put forth a name and this will start a Referendum for all to vote on, however this will work differently than current elections. When a Blood Council puts forth a name then it will go to all the Houses individually and an election process will start within that House, to vote on the new Primus. The winner of that election from that House gets 1 single vote within the Dominion, those that get 4 vote, in other words win 4 elections from 4 different Houses, will then rise to the power of Primus. This can also be set up where it takes 2 Blood Council Members to confirm the election so that it does not start right away with one person being presented. Also there should be an election started within the DOminion to track the votes from each House. For example....
Nebre'seir puts up a name to the Dominion, this starts the setup to send an election to each of the Houses, and also in the Dominion. The other Blood Council members have a chance now to add their choices to the election as well. After that it will take two or three Blood Council members to approve the election and kick off the system. Once this is done others can be added if they wish, but the elections have started within each House. Once a House election has ended, it will send the person with the most votes name up into the Election within the Dominion. This will show their persons name and the House that has voted for them. Once all 5 houses have completed their elections the Dominion election will show which houses supported which candidate, and if that candidate has gained either 3/5 or 4/5 houses approval, then they will raise to Primus.
2) Create further positions within the Dominion that have the powers to create edit and/or delete scrolls within the Dominion. If the Blood Council does not wish to do it then have others do it. Can also build in a system where the Blood Council has to approve the scroll before it goes live? maybe? Just something to move this along.
3) Delete Houses. sorry not sorry.
So there are my thoughts, what do you all say in this matter? Admin?
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."