Mafia Signups: Endings in Esterport

edited January 2017 in OOC Chat
It's been a good long while since we've had a forums mafia game, and with the recent surge in activity here there's no better time than now to have one! The game is simple, and quite fun! We're going to keep this one relatively easy since it's been a while, but feel free to take a look at other mafia games that have run in the past if you're unfamiliar: here, here, and here.

Anyone can feel free to play! Just drop a comment down below if you're interested.

The Basics

- Each round is divided into one day, and one night.
- During the day, everyone can talk and discuss among themselves. Voting also occurs during this time, and when a majority has been reached I'll announce the death.
- A successful lynch ends the day phase of the round.
- During the night you may post, but you may not vote.
- The night phase is over when all of the power characters have sent me a PM with what they want to do. If they don't respond in a timely manner, they'll lose the opportunity to do so for that round.
- You MAY NOT post screenshots/copy PMs to people to prove you're a certain role. Please don't spoil the fun.
- You may at any time send me a PM to have an anonymous message posted to the rest of the players.

The Story

You thought the Dreikathi were ruthless before in their first attack on Sapience? That first round had nothing on the last. Duiran, Spinesreach, Enorian, Bloodloch - all four cities were wiped out in ruthless attacks that left little but rubble behind.

Esterport remained a stronghold where the citizens of Sapience came together. They suffered losses, but with their combined might were able to fend off the treacherous Dreikathi. Living together has been a... challenge, of course; this happens when you force such opposing forces into a smaller space. What started as a united front has since devolved into a civil war of sorts to claim Esterport for their side.

Who will win the rights to the city?

The Roles

Spirit
------
Citizen - All players are this role by default, unless told otherwise.

The Illuminai - This player is the equivalent of the Doctor role and can angel aura one player each night round to save them from a kill.

The Sentaari - This player is the equivalent of the Cop, and can use telepathy to investigate one player each night round to decipher their tether.

Shadow
-------
The Dominion - The Dominion is made up of your standard Consanguine, the equivalent of the mafia. Your goal is to kill those on the Spirit side, and collectively vote by majority on one person to kill each night round.

Abhorash - Hey, how'd he get allowed in Esterport? Turns out he's not the biggest fan of the Dreikathi either. Abhorash is the equivalent of the godfather. His proficiency with blood magic allows him to masquerade as a citizen when investigated by the Sentaari during the night.

The Rogue
--------
Syssin - Not so much a fan of Abhorash trying to steal the city for himself and his followers, and equally not a fan of Enorian 2.0, the Syssin have branched out to do their own thing. Their General here is the equivalent of the Serial Killer, and wins the city for the Syssin if everyone else dies. They've got two assassination attempts to use throughout the course of the game during the night.

If the Syssin tried to assassinate a target protected by the Illuminai, the attack will be broadcasted, it will be unsuccessful, but they will not use one of their assassinations.

CURRENT ROSTER:
1. Emelle
2. Leana
3. Pazradym
4. Karhast
5. Teani
6. Kerryn
7. Jami
8. Ilyon
9. Arbre
10. Kelliara
11. Xenia
12. Emir
13. ?????

Comments

• I'd love to participate but I'm still confused on what to do. I'm reading through the other threads though.

• It's easy to catch on, you'll get it by round 1 :)
  • Tempted, have to ask what the time frame usually is though? I'd hate to commit and not be able to make it or something.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• Time frame certainly can vary. Usually you're talking ~24 hours per round, so being able to check in once a day or so usually leaves you in a pretty solid place.

That said, sometimes wild conspiracies fly into existence that get debated for days on end. You just never know!
  • Ah, well that's easy enough to commit to then. Count me in please.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• Super, added to the roster!

I think the game works best with a minimum of roughly 10 people, so be sure to sign up!
  • I usually don't enjoy forums much, but I love playing Mafia, so.. I'm in!
  • Woo, added to the list!
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'm in!!

• Added! 5 more people, minimum! If we hit 10 soon, I'll give it another 24 hours or so before closing off the signup so that we're not keeping people waiting.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I'll give it a try, but fully admit, I have no idea how it works.

• Easy! I'll make sure to post an explanation of what gets done each round the first few rounds.
  • Not so sure how this works either, but I'll give it a shot
  • Woop woop, added to the list!
  • Double post, but we only need about 3 more people to get started! Don't be shy ladies and gents!

If we don't get the last 3 by tomorrow, we'll make it work and just run a bit smaller.
  • May as well try this again, been a while since I last played one of these.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I've been conned into it.
  • Huzzah, one more name to go!

We'll be starting tomorrow, so make sure to get in if you want to play!
  • edited January 2017
    I'll join if no one else wants to, but I should warn you all in advance, I'm biased from the get go.

I want the Syssin to win.

#glorytospinesreach.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • I'll play. 
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • I WILL ONLY PLAY IF I AM NUMBER 11 ON THE LIST!

• Only because you asked nicely!

Game will be starting when I wake up tomorrow, because, y'know. Sounds like a solid last little grace period. I'll make a new thread for the game itself with some basic rehashing of the rules, and an announcement that PMs of all roles have been sent out.

For those new to mafia: Be sure to keep an eye on your forums inbox!
    Xenia
  • Signups are now CLOSED. Head on over to the new thread here, where the game will be beginning shortly!
This discussion has been closed.