Mafia: Trouble in the Spires

Comments

• Orisae said:
    We're not doing too well here, guys. I think we've been looking at the right person to begin with. Valenae hasn't done anything that hasn't drawn attention to her and it's so easy to play it innocent when you're in the spotlight. But when backs are turned...
    Valenae has had class all day then went to see Mama, picked a friend up from the airport, and had crappy Deny's food. Valenae has been busy. 

Also, I'm a townie. Let's end the townie streak while we're behind, plz. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Welp, at least we know who to lynch for sure in the morning!
    Demarcus
  • The message is fake.

• Uh, I don't remember Aldric saying we could do that. Are there hidden powers or is this a Mafia staple?
  • While we're asking for explanations, could we also get the total number of mafia members? Because if there's 4 of them, the next round is going to be interesting, to say the least.

• Zun said:
    Uh, I don't remember Aldric saying we could do that. Are there hidden powers or is this a Mafia staple?
    Its something that is very common in mafia games. He probably didn't list it in the rules because its commonplace in vanilla mafia. Anyone can send a message to the gm and ask to post a sign with whatever they want written on it. That could be from Ata and then again, it could not. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• I actually did have it listed in the rules there:  

"You may send me PMs to have an anonymous message posted. I'll get to these as quickly as I can."

In regards to mafia, there are three Dhasani and one Ard-Dhasani, bringing about a total of four.

------------

The citizens gathered in the morning at the Inner Gate to commence their typical discussion, though it seems today somebody.. decorated the place. Blood was spilled upon the ground, entrails slung over the gate, and Periluna's eviscerated corpse sat in an upright, almost mocking position on the iron bench set beside the gate.

Periluna has been killed by the Dhasani.
    She was a Citizen.

DAY 3 HAS BEGUN

There's 9 players left, and for the sake of keeping the game going, we'll make it 5 votes to lynch again (one more than half, rather than half like the previous rounds).
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • So, 5:4. If we don't get a mafia member in this round, the mafia wins.

• Actually, both the Syssin and the Cabalist are still alive, which means that the mafia isn't guaranteed to actually get a hit in the night round. The game isn't quite over yet!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • I know, but even if they do not get a hit, lynching a civilian gets us to 4:4 with no way to force further lynches.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    A few hours of Minecraft and I miss two days.  Did I miss two days IRL too?
    Periluna
  • edited January 2013
    OoooooOOOOooooOOOOO

Translation:
    [spoiler]
    Was sick for two days and was lynched. Feel like I was lynched IRL too. 
    [/spoiler]

• I'm really, really thinking Valenae seems guilty from her corner. She points a finger at someone and next thing we know, they're being targeted for assassination. The odds aren't look good for us but if we can get one Dhasani, it'll be easier to figure out who else is following the leads being dropped by the Mafia.
  • I think the fact that Orisae is trying to push another townie into getting lynched is very suspicious. 

VOTE: ORISAE. 

• I'm still going for my vote that Valenae is mafia, going to stick to my gut here.

Vote: Valenae
  • Orisae said:
    I'm really, really thinking Valenae seems guilty from her corner. She points a finger at someone and next thing we know, they're being targeted for assassination. The odds aren't look good for us but if we can get one Dhasani, it'll be easier to figure out who else is following the leads being dropped by the Mafia.
    What I did was go on IRC, use Feep to determine a result which you personally were in IRC to witness - then I c/p'd it onto forums to have Kaeus say it was silly and immediately vote for me because somehow being mafia in this game means that we all -really speak- as an IRC collective in #Aetolia. There is no link there but that was enough for him to get five lynches against me. The statement he made against me was not grounded in logic nor was it proper cause to lynch a townie.  Matter of fact, until he said something most people agreed and jumped right on the bandwagon - there was no offense. I defended myself. He is the person who started the train and the mafia most likely saw him as the most vocal person in the thread. Therefore, they most likely planned a hit on him. There is no link between my involvement in the thread and what you portraying as an attempted association. As most experienced mafia players will attest to: being the most vocal makes you an automatic target for both lynches and mafia hits. Plus, how nice if the mafia could kill Kaeus in the night round, have you suspect me, (a townie) in the day the round to have me lynched. Two for one. 

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Valenae tl;dr's me and seems to be making my eyeballs bleed with a sorted spiral of logic be damned nonsense based on a feepbot.  I am confused, and frankly I must go with my gut feeling on this one, that only someone playing a rotten politician would put so much effort into something.

VOTE: Valenae

• See, now I am a bit worried. I have someone who claims to be the Lycan telling me they sniffed Aarbrok and found out he was Mafia, while saying he sniffed Valenae earlier and found out she wasn't. I don't want to single out the Lycan, so I wont reveal their name unless somehow they are proven wrong. Still not certain if I want to change my vote!

Hell...maybe all three of them (the possibly fake Lycan, Aarbrok and Valenae) are all Mafia. Damn paranoia is starting to kick in.
  • Screw it...I'm going to change my vote and hope for the best, it is a 50% choice, and if I'm wrong...well then I know at least one Mafia for sure!

Vote: Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Wait a god damn minute, who is claiming to be the Lycan.  

I know who the Lycan is, I wont say if it is or if it is not myself, but whoever is your informant is clearly sniffing out an behind and not the right information, Because I know the Lycan and the Lycans nose knows.

Valenae is who needs to be sniffing elsewhere.
  • Hmmm... now you all are confusing and several of you are acting suspicious. So if you know who the Lycan is, in theory, why haven't you said anything about the anon message? Especially when you aluded that he/she implicated Valenae.
    Orisae
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Valenae said:
    What I did was go on IRC, use Feep to determine a result which you personally were in IRC to witness. 
    It was the first round - any vote was arbitrary, I took his vote to be a joke.
  • 50% chance is better than most--I think we should all know by now that Kaeus is a Civie, for obvious reasons. So he all but has my vote on that basis alone, but with this added on the side, I'm willing to support him.

• Vote count:
    Orisae (1): Valenae
    Valenae (1): Aarbrok
    Aarbrok (2): Kaeus, Zun

5 votes needed to lynch
  • edited January 2013
    VOTE: Valenae

Mind you, I still think Kaeus could be guilty. Even a Dhasan can be protected by a Syssin and if he smells like a citizen, that doen't mean he CAN'T be the Ard. However, that being said, I do not trust finger pointing, assassin senders!

Edited for red.
  • Crap, I don't know who to vote for now. There are valid points for voting for both Valenae and Aarbrok..hm...
  • Two possible candidates? Well, for the time being, I think I'm going with a third one.

VOTE: Zun

I could very well be wrong here, but my suspicion that he's in mafia is rather strong - he pretty much led the well-argumented lynches against two people who turned out to both be civilians, and now he's jumping on the Aarbrok one right after someone anonymously claims to be the lycan in what could be the deciding round ... it's risky, but it all smells rather fishy, and I do not see any better candidate.

• So here's what we've got (maybe not in the right order):

1. Orisae voted for Valenae on the basis that she started a lynch train on Kaeus who survived the day round and had an assassination attempt on him the following night round. Valenae defends on the basis that it's not related.

2. Valenae voted for Orisae as a counter-vote.

3. Aarbrok voted for Valenae because of confusing logic. Then later on alludes that the lycan implicated Valenae as mafia.

4. Kaeus voted for Valenae because of pretty much the same reason as Orisae. Then later on changes his vote to Aarbrok because someone claimed to be the lycan to Kaeus and implicated Aarbrok as mafia.

5. Zun voted for Aarbrok to go along with Kaeus' logic.

6. Ilyon voted for Zun because of mafia suspicion due to being able to sway votes in earlier trains.

Hmm... I think I'm going to go with...

Too many suspicions have come up with him recently.
  • Oops, the color didn't quite work out there. Here's the last bit that is pretty much unreadable: Too many suspicions have come up with him recently.
  • Vote count:
    Orisae (1): Valenae
    Valenae (2): Aarbrok, Orisae
    Aarbrok (3): Kaeus, Zun, Lianca
    Zun (1): Ilyon

5 votes needed to lynch