Sorry that this is long, but it is a bit of a ramble...
I have recently returned to Aetolia (yesterday) and am currently in the process of retiring my old characters. I never did a proper job of roleplaying either of them, and would like to start fresh with some advice on how to do what is in my head for my character.
As a heads up, due to my player preferences this character will almost certainly end up as a Consanguine though I may later multi class.
Firstly I decided to go with Grecht but know very little about them, the help files seem sketchy as well. Any good resources on more grecht history/lore? Basically I'm looking for what upbringing makes sense for the character idea that I'll give below, so specific suggestions are fine.
Secondly, after creating this character (choosing nightstalker and therefore bloodloch/undead because I was forced to, not a fan of that) I graduated from the tutorial immediately (so entered the real world at circle 1) and quit city and class as well as became living. This is because I want to RP all of that.
My character concept is that he's a wanderer with no affiliations for a couple in game years (I'm fine with retconning my history to include more like 5 years by including pre-18 years but 1-2 years is all I can do as a player). He leans undead/shadow (I haven't decided on a motivation yet since he's living, need to figure that one out) so hangs out near Spinesreach (you still get killed on sight in bloodloch right? If not, he'll hang out there too).
So far I've put my lessons from leveling in Weaponry and Avoidance and am doing pretty well in the noobie areas with a high stats buckler, the only shortsword I could easily find for sale, and a high stats scalemail. He's been picking up tattoos as he gets money and been mostly avoiding curatives so far since I haven't decided how long he'll remain living. I will be getting an influx of enough credits to max out weaponry and avoidance (and have plenty leftover for class skills when I get to them) once my characters retire[Actually retirement came through while I typed this, so I'll be maxing those out shortly].
In any case, here are my questions:
1. What are some ideas for character background as a grecht wanderer with undeath leanings? I think learning more about the recent independence that spinesreach and bloodloch helped with may help. Perhaps he was involved in it? What year was it and how old would he have been (born yesterday IRL)? Being a war veteran would explain his insane combat skills (shortly will be Trans weaponry and avoidance).
2. If I stick to remaining a wanderer for 1-2 years in-game as a player I'm going to need to find some people my character can talk to/hang out with. That's just over 3 months IRL! Any ideas here? I will definitely quit playing if I try to stick with the wanderer idea and don't find people to hang out with.
3. Are there some cool RP ways to become undead that I could pull off? Other than the "you want to join bloodloch/the undead house so go become undead". I would love to do it during the wandering phase if possible. (Does nightstalker automatically cause undeath now?)
4. Should grecht be able to wear boots/gloves from an RP standpoint? From the pictures i'd say no, but currently i'm wearing boots for warmth.
5. Any mannerisms/RP things that I should have based on this character idea? Mention even obvious things please, I'm very new to trying to seriously RP (only done DND once).
Sorry for the long post! I'm waiting eagerly for your thoughts.