Trying to get back in the swing of things...

ElisElis Kentucky, USA
I have been away from MUDing for some time and with it my brain just has not be exposed to the coding that it often takes to do things with ease. I was wondering what would be a good client to begin with? Also, are their resources for "newbies" that are just learning to code or persons willing to help me get started again?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Most people use mudlet that I know of, though there are some relics out there who still use z/cmud. I recommend mudlet, myself, or maybe the webclient. Firstaid healing works regardless.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    There is also for mudlet users a great free system called Project Source, I was apprehensive to it for some time but have found it to be amazingly helpful and have a good group of people behind it, generally I find Aetolia has the most helpful community out of any MUD I have played and we are all willing to help with questions you may have.
  • AhviAhvi Kentucky, USA
    I am using mudlet, what is Project Source and how do I get into it? Also, I would love to make friends with people that know how to use mudlet. Heheh.
  • AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon
    http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/2155/project-source-support-version-1-3#latest

There is the thread for it and there is a clan in game, uh...people can help get you into that.
    The instructions for installing and any questions you may have about the system itself you can ask on that thread, otherwise if its not that related you can ask here or around in game, but there is alot of supportive folks around willing to help you get set up, in your Guild, City, or Otherwise