Wheel of Fates tokens

I appreciate the new promotion coming out, and heck, I can even appreciate that spending an hour In-game means I get to participate in the month's promotion, but I must sincerely ask, keeping in mind that I'm someone who is happy to throw money at you guys when I can afford to...is it REALLY ideal to sell 5 of these wheel tokens for 45 dollars a pop at the smallest purchase size?!

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love buying into these promotions, last x-mas when we had the stockings, I bought at least two 20 dollar bundles from that, because it was something I could afford in my budgeting, and I probably sound like I'm whining, but it feels a bit..exclusionary when the minimum amount we can expect to invest into this current promotion is 45 dollars for a bundle of 5..when I'd expect that a bundle of 5 would be probably more ideal at 20 dollars, a bundle of 15 for 45 (giving a discount for bulk, even though the pricing on this side could be budged if needed) and so on. I mean, yes, I do understand that the prizes pushed out by the wheel are rather..exhorbitant for such pricing..but it's a little on the exclusionary side to me to not be able to invest money I would otherwise be happy to invest because I cannot really budget for it IRL, which I'm sure I'm not the only one who has to budget for this..

and I understand I sound like I'm whining, but I'm genuinely interested in starting an actual discussion for this topic, even if most people would simply rather just shrug at it and wave it off.
The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."

Comments

• One of the things I think Achaea's promo has over ours this month is that you can win a token that lets you spin the big boy wheel from the small freebie wheel. That's what'll be encouraging me to play my characters over there- that being said? We ran a lesson sale which is WAY better bang-for-buck than Achaea's last promo, and for the most part I think our promotions tend to be more money-friendly.

Also so far as I'm aware, a lot of our promo stuff (esp. pricing) comes down from higher up, on the IRE-level, not the 'we can change this' level.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• @Toz: Someone mentioned on the Frontline that they got a skull token from the free spin, so sounds like it's possible in Aetolia as well.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Funky I was just coming here to say that you gron lok.
  • TozToz
    edited March 2016
    Valingar said:
    @Toz: Someone mentioned on the Frontline that they got a skull token from the free spin, so sounds like it's possible in Aetolia as well.
    Then yeah, seems like they just didn't hype the post as much as Achaea did. Pretty good promo IMO- you can win a veil in Achaea's. Also help I'm trapped in a quote box. Edit: Fixed for you Toz - you're welcome! -D

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• I'm more worried that the big spins aren't worth the price. Isn't the price structure for them the same as cryptic chests? Are 50 token really as good as 50 cryptic chests?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• Speaking as someone who is very critical of money v value, I'd have to say I'm highly impressed with the tokens. After spinning the Wheel of Fortune, I walked away with almost 14 chocolates, 250 lessons, 1 cryptic chest (netted me comms + chalice), an artifact vial, 2 tattoo tokens, about 300 bound credits, and almost a full second set of the hunters kit. So basically, I spent $160 and came out with about about 500 credits, give or take 150 cr (if I wanted to sell the chocolates/relic pieces... so about $160 return). To be fair, that is NOT a bad deal at all. I really think this is a fair promotion.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

ReuxIsande
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited March 2016
    EDIT:
    I wrote a response before reading the entire thread and missed some context.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    It's a matter of luck. About 8 of my 15 money spins came out as relic pieces. Plus a handful of chocolates, an artifact vial, an orb of power, two cryptic chests (14ic, a pill, and a minipet), 250 lessons and 30cr.

It's reasonably worth it, though I think if you math it I'd have come out ahead if I'd dropped my money on credits instead--though I'm good with that. The gambling aspect is more fun than a straight credit purchase.

My disappointment, is that this batch of relic pieces is not compatible with the original batch. So I have a full set of the hunting relics from the wheel, except one piece, which I bought, and can't use them because it doesn't recognize the one piece from the original run of these.
    imageimage
    Isande
  • Erzsebet said:

My disappointment, is that this batch of relic pieces is not compatible with the original batch. So I have a full set of the hunting relics from the wheel, except one piece, which I bought, and can't use them because it doesn't recognize the one piece from the original run of these.

Should probably issue/bug that.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Did. Three days ago. I'm sure they're working on it or whatever, but it's still highly frustrating.
    imageimage