I wasn't sure whether to put this in newbie or here, but it seemed a little more in-depth than the typical newbie section thread, so I figured I'd try here! Can be moved if it's the wrong section.
Hello! I've played most of the IRE games, and have spent most of my time over in Achaea. I decided to try Aetolia out because it's supposed to be much more RP focused, but I have a few questions I had trouble finding answers to.
1) Is Aetolia much more RP focused than Achaea, or the other IRE games? I read some comments about how OOC clans and webs (whatever those are) are where a lot of the interaction happens, and in that case I'd just be in the same boat as in Achaea, really, except without an established character.
2) Is there a way to be a Teradrim that's actually alive? I realize that's kind of the opposite of what the guild's motto is, but I figured it was worth asking as slim a chance as it is. Teradrim is one of my absolute favorite flavor in a class I've seen in years, but I have a mild aversion to playing characters that aren't living in games and Bloodloch isn't exactly my cup of tea. I wouldn't, of course, expect to play a light-aligned Teradrim, just maybe a bit of a flunky that can't commit or something!
3) Barring Teradrim, the only other class that immediately catches my attention is Shapeshifter. However, I have a few concerns with it. First, it doesn't count at all for multiclassing, even if I put actual lessons to it, does it? So if I tri-trans it, I still can't pick up a second class the easy way, and would have to join a guild to do it rather than being an apprentice or the like? Secondly, I've read it has absolutely terrible defenses, and I always play squishy classes so it'd be nice to play something tanky for once. How squishy are they? Also, finding a pack seems like something more complicated than joining a guild, so is it a bad idea to be a shapeshifter primary without an established network first?
4) I love serpent in Achaea, so I've been eyeing Syssin tentatively too. But how different is Syssin from serpent, really? I'd prefer if they weren't 100% identical (or even 90%). Is it here or Imperian where you can kidnap people into phase, for instance? I completely forgot, but that would be a cool difference as an example.
5) If not one of those three classes, what classes would you guys recommend that are completely unlike anything in Achaea/the other IRE games? Indorani/Cabalists don't seem very different from old occultist, Sentaari I'd assume are the same as monks, Ascendril I assume are identical to old mages in Achaea, not sure how Templars/Luminaries are compared to Paladin/Priest. Shaman looked interesting too, but I'm hesitant to try an affliction based class since I'm not a fan of static affliction curing order. I'd want to try a bit of PK, at least, but it's not going to be my focus most likely since I already do that in the other games.
6) How bad is the recent bashing gold nerf going to affect new characters? I understand it is recent, and being worked on, but am I going to be unworkably behind the 'old rich' so to speak meanwhile?
7) What is the balance of power in the game right now, roughly, and how static is that? Are shadow/light relatively even? Which cities are biggest and most likely to find me interaction?