Fishing

Comments

• edited July 2015
    The Gulleyes Friendly 10025 25000

I went up to the second rank. I was wondering if I had to wait for the next daily quest to continue as going up to the next rank gave me access to the wooden poles in the shop, but didn't let me learn up to wooden in Fishing, even fishing afterwards.

Edit: Ah! When I went to talk to Saaik again and did the command for the normal daily quest, he actually told me different things...I wish the response to him was different than the daily challenge though.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    When I went to talk to Saaik again and did the command for the normal daily quest, he actually told me different things...I wish the response to him was different than the daily challenge though.
    I'll see about changing that tonight.

ArekaDidiXenia
    Saaik should now be a little more responsive when you receive the rank up quests.

Winterlynn
  • I love fishing, the grind towards earning bragging rights on biggest fish and all that. I wonder if there is a possibility for baubles to be introduced as a small chance of being found in certain fishing areas. I was thinking it'd be neat to have the chance to reel in some long forgotten, silly treasure.

Another idea might be something along the lines of we might reel up some form of currency that after X amount was found, could be traded in for something akin to a skull token.

Areka
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    /catches an old decaying boot.
    Xenia
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I know we don't have a bait system but maybe you could catch temporary bait or maybe you could make a decision when you catch the fish whether or not you want to use that fish as bait for the next cast?

• I would love to start dressing in the decaying clothing caught in the water

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    We were considering a very rare chance of reeling in a cryptic chest, but I'm not sure if we went through with it or not.
    ArekaXeniaAarbrok
  • Is the quest in for ilmenite rods yet? I've ranked past the 25k mark and been unable to get a quest for it, if I have to rank to the 45k mark for the ilmenite rod I'm confused as to why there's a rank with no real benefits, and why there's soon much grinding for the ilmenite rod.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Trikal said:

Is the quest in for ilmenite rods yet? I've ranked past the 25k mark and been unable to get a quest for it, if I have to rank to the 45k mark for the ilmenite rod I'm confused as to why there's a rank with no real benefits, and why there's soon much grinding for the ilmenite rod.

It's being worked on. Expect it in the next day or two.
    Areka
  • Soooo, I decided to finally try this out and I'm having trouble figuring out how to buy the fishing license. The helpfile says to talk to Saaik, and I greet him, then say yes, and then he gives me the Fishing_Advancement quest...but I don't have fishing...so I can't do it...but I don't know how to buy the license...because greeting him only gives me the quest. I feel like this is either bugged or going way over my head or something. I even tried abandoning the quest and greeting him again, and get the same result.

Unless I can use fishing to do that first quest without having the skill of Fishing, but if that's the case, why is the Fishing command not doing anything for me? I've even tried saying 'I want to learn fishing' or asking him for wares thinking you buy the license that way, and etc etc.

I'm so confused.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Sounds like a bug @Malok - I imagine it will be fixed up soon enough. D:
    Malok
  • So, the bug I mentioned previously did get fixed the next day.(Yay, thanks for whoever did that!).

One thought about Fishing that I've had, which may not be super popular but I think makes sense is...

Shouldn't it take endurance to use fishing? Like, you're tugging and wrestling on a pole. I know it probably wouldn't add to the fun factor of the skill, but it would make sense, I think.

Also, one question, are all the fish worth the same gold value? Or do they vary by type/weight? I haven't turned in many buckets yet, and was just curious. Thanks!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Varies by weight. Pls no endurance use to fish. 2 lame.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • so many fishes yay
    MalokOleisSarkisArekaTrigru
  • I feel like if you can sprint from Bloodloch to Delos without a problem, the act of fishing would take such a negligible amount of endurance.

Would totes stop halfway to rp being tired though.
    MalokIshin
  • So I finally got to the 10k points with the GUlleyes to try and rank up on fishing skills. Problem is that I greeted Saaik, he asks if I'm ready to do so, I said Yes but the quest, or prompts seemed to stop after that.

Is this a bug or did I miss a step somewhere along the way?

• edited August 2015
    Will there be a few faction characters and fishing holes added to albedos? I remember it was mentioned on change-log would be coming soon!

Will there be a cosmetic lures which allow you to catch more then a single fish at a time?
    (based on faction rep? 2-5 catches at max with a lure an its type? Kinda like first come, first serve to keep them weekly treats to the fishing addicted))

Will there ever be a need to 'dig for worms' added to shovels?
    ((feels funny not needing to add bait))

Is there a possibility for extremely rare mutated fish catches?
    ((thanks to the tower of corruption))
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Fishing is likely to come to Albedos as new areas release on the continent. Multi-catch stuff is unlikely, as the basis of Fishing is a one-on-one fight with a feisty creature. Bait will not be a -regular- thing for Fishing, but special baits may play a part in catching special fish. Fish do not randomly mutate, but there are still some extremely rare fish out there.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Until one day you FISH TOO DEEP, and draw up an abomination from the depths.
    AarbrokOleis
    Aishia said:

Until one day you FISH TOO DEEP, and draw up an abomination from the depths.

ZsadistXeniaIshinAarbrok
  • Well, found my new desktop wallpaper and my ultimate goal for fishing.
  • Thanks so much for the fishing Q's Answers! :) An yea....that picture is awesome! Reminds me of Moby Dick!
    rofl at the filter. Ahab never saw that one coming.

IshinOleisPeriluna
  • "Saaik says, "Y'know, pup, when I was fishing the Myesis River some years ago and something terrible
    came upon me.""

This sentence is wrong. Try saying it out loud. Should I typo it or can we keep reporting stuff like this in this thread?
    Didi
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    want2buyrawfishedibility.
  • edited August 2015
    Aishia said:

want2buyrawfishedibility.

Where is my newspaper? DOWN BOY!

Edit: @Malok - I went and fixed that sentence.
    Malok
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    man even a racial relic that lets me eat raw meat I'd be all over it.
    Xenia
  • At least in shapeshifter, they devour corpses and stuff, raw meat seems to be right up their ally.
    Malok
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms

TrigruPeriluna