Ylem Mines

As per Announce #2407, ylem mines are out for each city on Sapience and offer daily quests for you to undertake for ylem gain, XP, and gold rewards that scale to your level. Some of the upcoming daily quests may be difficult or overtuned, so we'll be reviewing and monitoring your progress in the coming days and weeks.

When we first conceptualized the mines, we wanted to offer something that could allow people who don't have as much interest in PK but would still like to contribute beyond gathering mist from denizens around the world. I hope you enjoy it and it's certainly been a long time coming. Thanks in advance for submitting ideas and bugs in regards to it.

ArekaAarbrokIshinMalokNeomaNalorSetneZsadistEzalor

Comments

• I just want to say I actually really like this. I like the idea of more instances like this, for one thing, and I like the simplicity of it so far. That being said, from the one quest I've done so far, it seems rather underwhelming on the rewards. When the more difficult ones rotate up, do they also give more experience/gold, or will the rewards stay about the same?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • This might not be a big deal but since its for them who DONT pk maybe make the Elds in the mines not give aura to people.. Just incase someone stumbles out and walks into an enemy and gets.. pked..

It's a long shot but, everyone knows it'll happen at some point.

But I did the quests on Enorian and Spinsereach, I liked them.. Minus the Spinesreach elds chase you down better then Enorian ones did..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I like the aura, it doesn't last long and it helps buffer the fact that you might die down there by negating the XP loss which is kinda awesome @Nalor - It gives incentive to motivate younger folk who may be nervous about losing hard earned experience. I have timed the aura once you leave the mine and it disperses fairly shortly after

Anyone who is going to grief someone outside an opposing cities mine is likely a jerk.
  • Aarbrok said:

Anyone who is going to grief someone outside an opposing cities mine is likely a jerk.

Yep its why I said it might LIKELY happen as you get jerks!

I do have one thing tho.. For a Imap/mudbot person .. The ENTER MINE thing can it give a "You climb down into a mine." line .. So we can better track it as a special exit/entrance. pwetty pwease @Hadrak
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Aarbrok
    Dumb jerks *shakes fist*

I say we give it a chance though and hope it doesn't happen....it really has been a selling point in Spines to get the smaller folks down there.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Nalor said:

Aarbrok said:

Yep its why I said it might LIKELY happen as you get jerks!

I do have one thing tho.. For a Imap/mudbot person .. The ENTER MINE thing can it give a "You climb down into a mine." line .. So we can better track it as a special exit/entrance. pwetty pwease @Hadrak
    Added.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Aarbrok
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aarbrok said:

I like the aura, it doesn't last long and it helps buffer the fact that you might die down there by negating the XP loss which is kinda awesome @Nalor - It gives incentive to motivate younger folk who may be nervous about losing hard earned experience. I have timed the aura once you leave the mine and it disperses fairly shortly after

Brb camping Duiranorian mines.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Just wondering if anyone knows of a/the repop time on the mines. Today's quest is killing 20 eld, my instance only had 14.
  • I would recheck your mine and every room in it. Backtrack if you need to. If you still don't finish the quest, issue yourself.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Been through the whole thing several times over the last 2 hours, no dice so far.
  • As far as I'm aware, they don't repop. So issue yourself and see if they can maybe respawn a few more mobs to complete the quest for you.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

They repopped yesterday, I bugged because now I cant even enter the mine a second time to finish the eld that were in there. I ran the mine numerous times yesterday.
    They seem pretty broken.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    We're looking into those issues right now. Should hopefully have some fixes soon.

ArekaIshin
    Thank you @Hadrak and @Razmael for answering my questions. I may or may not have been a bit excited D:

Areka
  • Just did my daily ylem mine quest. That one was quite hard, but entertaining. I really love the amount of ylem you get from it too, very awesome. Didn't bug out on me either like the previous posts. Well done! :D
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • My name is Tenshyo, and I approve of the Ylem Mines.

Didi
    It looks like most of the bugs have been addressed for now (ty @Razmael), but there's still many more quests to go through! Thanks for the help with bugs and ideas, folks. It's appreciated.

ArekaAarbrok
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I just noticed something in the invasion quest description that could be changed quickly:

Overseer Breycho has requested you to end the eld invasion and rescue at
    least five workers stranded within the tunnels of the Difohr Passage. Be
    on your guard, for this shall be a difficult mission to undertake!

It's just much less paperwork to save them.

Objective:
    [ ] Miners rescued. Progress: 0 / 7
    I'm at work right now, but I'll fix it as soon as I get home. Stupid Breycho can't even count.

KerrynDidi
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I think it would be cool if eldsense worked in the mines and detected the mines eld - its works in the Fracture after all, and for all intents and purposes the mines eld SEEM to be of the same eld class as other eld.

• edited May 2015
    Could eld corpses be turned in at the daily quest giver for a bit of extra coin? You'd figure what the miners cannot dig up due to mishaps in the mines, they could gut out of the dead eld corpses. Would be neat to see a bit more elemental eld types as grow bigger. Skittering, colossal, and ice elds are only ones run into so far. Unless its thematic depending on city you belong to of course, can totally respect this.
  • I think it is @Pypo, Enorian has skittering crimson/fire elds from my findings

Areka
    Serrice said:

I think it would be cool if eldsense worked in the mines and detected the mines eld - its works in the Fracture after all, and for all intents and purposes the mines eld SEEM to be of the same eld class as other eld.

Sorry for the late response, but this should be in. I'll doublecheck with Razmael about this.

I'm also getting some feedback that the eld are hitting lowbie players pretty damn hard, but is there a chance I could get some numbers on it? The damage they're dealing is tied to the level scaling and I can't lower it any further without having Razmael mess with that. How are players encountering them at higher levels? Is the damage manageable or are you also getting hit with a brick and just have an easier time recovering? Thanks.

At level 122, I am able to handle them after I figured out shackling them and then having refining shell up. Before I was a derp and didnt know you could shackle them, but shackling is a game changer and makes it on par with the sort of eld you would find at a lesser, save for damage replacing effective afflicting @Hadrak
  • I been wondering! Would it be possible to add in a free-form ylem mining for players? After doing the daily quest, it'd be possible to go spelunking to try to uncover yer own ylem deposits room to room, at risk of unleashing eld?

I was thinking each room could be spelunk twice to try uncover unstable deposits. Each room has a chance of unlocking ylem or eld. With a few rooms per month leading to old destroyed areas from mining incidents that disappear after end of the month.

Would make a neat daily quest to go down and safely blow-up certain rooms to try and expand the mine. Then go down there once daily is over to explore those new mine rooms. Since they would disappear by end of the month.