Things That Go Boom In The Night

FerrikFerrik Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭
[ So this all started when... ]

Brass Monkey Imports.
This room is long and low, with the kind of lighting that allows a patron to see what they're doing, but also allows comfortable dimness while enjoying a drink. One side of the shop is a lattice of shelving packed with various wares, both imported and local. The floor is mostly taken up by a number of tables and chairs, and on the opposing side of the room there stretches a long hardwood bar with the standard surly-looking tender. At one end of the bar there sits a statuette of a sitting monkey cast in brass- while it is tarnished and grimy in places, the top of its head sports a high shine that implies it gets patted often. Absently polishing a flagon as he eyes the crowd, a surly bartender stands here. A high shelf packed with bottles stretches along the wall. A large, crimson-felted table is here, a wooden spindle-back chair has been placed at it. There are 3 tall wooden bar stools here. A round wooden table is here, a few paper Brass Monkey coasters atop it. A wooden spindle-back chair has been placed at it. A round wooden table is here, 2 wooden ladder-back chairs have been placed at it. A circular bar table is here, a few paper Brass Monkey coasters atop it. A circular bar table is here, 2 wooden spindle-back chairs and 2 wooden ladder-back chairs have been placed at it. A long hardwood bar is here, a gregarious, top-hatted crocodile figurine, a brass monkey statuette, and a few paper Brass Monkey coasters atop it. A large mat decorated with brass-hued monkeys has been spread out here. There are 2 long-necked glass bottles here. There are 2 stout glasses here. A mule stands stubbornly, hooves planted solidly in the ground. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see exits leading east (open pine door) and down (closed pine door).

Xenia tells you, "Just in case ya needed one. The Warden dropped a word for me."

You tell Xenia, "OH DEAR ME! Do you need me to help look for it?"

Xenia tells you, "Yes, I believed it was dropped around the Central Basilica."

You tell Xenia, "I will get right on this case."

Xenia tells you, "Excellent."

The Junakutz Wing.
This basilica is one of the three channels along which foot traffic can move between the inner gate and the magnificent entrance to the citadel itself. Sweeping around the western side, the ground underfoot is paved with large, meticulously cut rectangular flagstones. High walls rise on either side, lined on the outer edge with shop-fronts and on the inner one with a parade of wooden open-air stalls that offer a multitude of small wares and fresh produce. Garlands of bright flags zigzag overhead, strung from one side of the basilica to the other in a cheerful decoration incongruous to the biting cold that is a constant in the area. Hands folded in sleeves of voluminous robes, a cabalist statue stands here. There are 2 gentle ponys here. Senna is here. Festive awnings overhead shade this area.
You see exits leading north (closed pine door), northeast, south, west (open pine door), and northwest.

The Grand Courtyard.
This broad covered courtyard is lined on the walls with small booths offering a wide variety of good. Succulent scents waft up from a food vender, while next to her a clothing seller shows off her wares. A wide path bisects the courtyard, to allow for easy passage for the traffic that goes through this area. On either side of the courtyard are tables and chairs, where the citizenry can come to talk and gossip as they eat their meals, and benches provide further seating. Despite the bustle below, most eyes are eventually drawn to the grand stained-glass ceiling, that depicts in marvellous detail the Goddess Niuri and Lord Severn, standing side by side, hands upraised as if passing a blessing upon the city. They are surrounded by the colours of the Spirean tricolour. During the day, the courtyard is painted in rainbows as the light passes through the glass. At night, light is provided by torches placed between the booths. A painted mountain stallion covered in shadow-hued armor stands here, his dark mane thick with perspiration. A battered iron cup has been left here. A stout donkey stands patiently by, waiting for a burden. Loitering about with a roguish grin, Drus is here. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see exits leading north, southeast, south, southwest, and down (closed pine door).

Central Basilica.
The Central Basilica ends against the Inner Keep with a large gate to the north used to prevent intruders from further access. The tall, stone walls on either sides are used by the guards to shoot down on enemies from above. It is also here that in times of peace, Spinesreach conducts their open air trade market, where travellers from around the continent come to buy precious commodities. A sewer grate looms darkly beneath your feet. A Sciomancer of the Spires stands here, his hands resting on a black voidstaff. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

You tell Xenia, "It didn't look like a bomb by chance right?"

Xenia tells you, "It is the Warden we're talking about..."

Clad in the furs of a great lion, a Republican guard marches in from the south, inspecting her surroundings before coming to attention.

You can see the following 3 objects:
"grate68914" a sewer grate.
"mage123419" a Spirean Sciomancer.
"republican128676" a Republican guard.

You give a Republican guard a respectful salute.
With a curt nod, a Republican guard says, "Comrade. What do you need?"
[*] (say) I'm looking for a specific guildhall.
[*] (say) I have a city function I need to complete.
[*] (say) I'm looking for somewhere to relax or be entertained.
[*] (say) I need to do some shopping.
[*] (say) Tell me about some general points of interest.
[*] (say) I'm looking for the Institute.

You say to a Republican guard, "I need a word."

You say to a Republican guard, "And by that I mean. I am looking for a word."

Eyes scanning the area for trouble, a conscripted Spirean soldier strides in with a clank of heavy plate armour.

Xenia arrives from the south.
She is followed by a vicious warhound.
A Republican guard shifts her weight to eye Xenia as she passes, breastplate rattling against chainmail as she pointedly taps her pike on the ground.

Eyes shifting about, you say to a Republican guard, "And when I say I am looking for a word I mean... uh.."

A Republican guard shifts her weight to eye Kelliara as she passes, breastplate rattling against chainmail as she pointedly taps her pike on the ground.

You have emoted: Ferrik scribbles his talons along his maw.

A Republican guard clicks her heels together before turning and marching off to the south.

You have emoted: With a long drawn out frown, Ferrik reaches after the republican guard with an outstretched claw. "Hey. Wait a minute."

With a quick glance about her surroundings, a conscripted Spirean soldier strides confidently to the north.

You mutter discontentedly.

You look to Drus, a cheeky Xorani with sudden comprehension. "Aha!" you exclaim.

"BOOM" Xenia bellows out as she jumps out into the path just behind you, arms and legs bursting from her body. "You found the word," she says to you.

Pointing, you say to Drus, a cheeky Xorani, "YOU!"

"Egads!" you exclaim in shock.

You have emoted: Ferrik has to take a moment. Pressing a claw to his chest as he collects himself.

You have emoted: Ferrik rights his top hat, scooting it left and right.

Xenia starts to wield a cloth-and-powder boomer in her left hand.

You take a clay flashbomb from an improvised cloth-and-rope pack.

You start to wield a clay flashbomb in your left hand.

Xenia throws a cloth-and-powder boomer sharply towards the ground, where it strikes with sudden impact.
* * * * * * * * * *
********POOF*******
* * * * * * * * * *

You narrow your eyes to thin slits.

You take a Dalturian bomb from an improvised cloth-and-rope pack.

You peer about yourself suspiciously.

Clad in the furs of a great lion, a Republican guard marches in from the south, inspecting her surroundings before coming to attention.

Xenia nods her head at you.

Xenia says to you, "Whatchu got there?"

You look thoughtful and say, "I must investigate pyrotechnics at once."

Eyes scanning the area for trouble, a conscripted Spirean soldier strides in with a clank of heavy plate armour.

Xenia nods her head at you, showing her acceptance.

You have emoted: Ferrik blinks, hiding both claws behind his back. "HMM!? WHAT. ME!? NOTHING!"

The deepening dusk yields to impenetrable darkness as night claims the land.

Stumbling for words, you say, "I mean. I've got a whole lot of SOMETHING of course. But ah nothing remotely of interest, naturally."

Xenia leans this way and that in an attempt to see past your crocodilian form, "Mmhmm," she murmurs, "we'll just see about that."

You have emoted: Sloooowly, does Ferrik attempt to back peddle his way out of this. "I uh. I mean. By a whole lot of something I really just mean stuff you see." he helpfully clarifies.

You nod your head at yourself.

Didi arrives from the south.

Didi hums a happy tune.

You say, "AH! Didi can help clarify this situation!"

You nod your head at Didi sagely.

You raise your hand in greeting to Didi and say "Hello!"

Didi raises her hand in greeting and says "Hi!"

Didi says, "I am behaving yes I am."

Pointing this out, you smile and say to Xenia, "Yep! You hear that? Just like me."

In as dignified a tone as she can muster, Xenia says, "If there is indeed something to use for explosions here, it's best we set it off."

Didi takes a drink from an angel vial.

Didi tilts her head curiously.

(Spinesreach): Xenia says, "Where is the humgii located in the city?"

You have emoted: Ferrik's features draw out into a more serious expression then. "Oh." he returns with comprehension. "Oh I see. Well. Well this changes everything."

Arek arrives from the east.
A Republican guard shifts her weight to eye Arek as he passes, breastplate rattling against chainmail as she pointedly taps her pike on the ground.

(Spinesreach): Trikal says, "Near the crafting area."

(Spinesreach): Rajazel says, "Crafters' union."

Arek gives Xenia a respectful salute.

A deep, resonant note echoes from all throughout the corridors of the Citadel, creating a tremulous sound that seems to rattle the sky itself. In its wake, a chill wind bellows across the firmament, embracing the twilight of a new dusk.

Xenia gives Arek a respectful salute.

Didi gives the world a smart salute.

(Spinesreach): Aarbrok says, "There is a singularity in the post office, a humgii in the crafters union and a tlingor north bazaar."

Xenia says to Arek, "You know where that area is?"

You start to wield a Dalturian bomb in your right hand.

(Spinesreach): Kelliara says, "You may also give things to the tlingor at the grand hallway."

(Spinesreach): Aarbrok says, "All work suitably."

Arek shakes his head.

Xenia says, "Oh the tlingor in the Hallway works too."

(Spinesreach): Xenia says, "What is a tlingor?"

You say, "His name is Spikey I believe."

You point off towards the north.

Didi says, "Really."

(Spinesreach): Rajazel says, "A critter."

You nod your head sagely.

Arek says, "Im sure I can find it if I wander around."

You say, "Straight north from here, good person."

Xenia nods emphatically at you, "Right, so you got something we can set off?"

Arek gives Xenia a respectful salute.

Arek leaves to the north.


You have emoted: In an attempt at fluttering eyelashes he doesn't have, Ferrik simply just blinks several times at Xenia awkwardly, "Maaaaaybe?"

"Good luck!" Didi calls out enthusiastically.

Didi leaves to the north.

Eyes scanning the area for trouble, a conscripted Spirean soldier strides in with a clank of heavy plate armour.

"Well that's practically a yes" Xenia loudly enthuses and she begins marching off, "come on, let's see what sort of fire power this thing's got. Find something that needs blowing up."

With a mild frown, you say, "Unfortunately I have not fabricated a grenade yet. It'd go marvelously together with this other bomb here."

You begin to follow Xenia.

(Spinesreach): Xenia says, "Just as a precaution, where are the areas designated for safe explosions located in the city?"

(Spinesreach): You say, "Everywhere."


(Spinesreach): Pypo says, "Ferrik's den."


(Spinesreach): You say, "Ah a volunteer I hear."

The stars wink into existence, familiar constellations illuminating the night with tales of myth and
legend.

(Spinesreach): Aarbrok says, "East of the Ironmaw we have an area cleared for testing."


Xenia grins brightly at you, "Great, then let's see, there's an alley I know of..." she starts to say, voice trailing off.


(Spinesreach): Aarbrok says, "It will be expanded accordingly."

(Spinesreach): Aarbrok says, "It was our...erm...weaponry testing area."

(Spinesreach): You say, "So the more we blow up, the more it expands, right?"

(Spinesreach): You say, "I mean test. I said test."

(Spinesreach): Trikal says, "Sounds about right to me."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Science."

Xenia nods her head emphatically.

Xenia says, "Right, to test these bombs then!"

You follow Xenia to the south.

You follow Xenia to the east.
Barren fields.
The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. Acres of dead-grey, tasseled wheat sprawl out to the distant city wall, only broken up by small mounds of bare earth - with close inspection, it becomes clear that these mounds are, in fact, shallow graves. The further the distance from the Ironmaw Complex, the rougher the road becomes, until its nothing more than a downtrodden wheat path. The path eventually opens to a trampled clearing, where numerous, well-fed ravens circle overhead. The path continues off to the distant east, winding towards the farmlands hugging the edges of the Outer Ward. A glowing red flame-shaped sigil has been left here. Hands folded in sleeves of voluminous robes, a cabalist statue stands here.
You see exits leading south and west.


Xenia looks out over the fields and nods, "Yes, I think that this--" she sweeps an arm out as far as it can, a glimmer of mischief in her eye, "this area would be well suited for explosion!"

In a serious tone, Xenia says to you, "Should probably invite any who wish to observe the science about to happen here."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Hey uh mister Pypo. The city's ah.. security team needs your assistance. Right here uh East of the Ironmaw. Yes."

Xenia smirks.

You shift your eyes from side to side suspiciously.

(Spinesreach): Pypo says, "Sounds good!"

(Spinesreach): Trikal says, "What an honor, to help the cities security team!"


You have emoted: Attempting to keep a straight face already, Ferrik leans over to Xenia and whispers from between his teeth, "Just act normal."

(Spinesreach): Xenia says, "Trikal you should probably come too."

(Spinesreach): Aarbrok says, "Such high esteem and value in such a position."

(Spinesreach): Trikal says, "I'll be there in a few moments."

Xenia straightens, shifting both arms to her back. "Gotcha," she answers from the corner of her mouth.

Pypo arrives from the west.

You give Pypo a respectful salute.

The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.

Ylem energy begins to crackle in the air around you.

Reality seems to buckle inward upon itself, twisting into a rippling rift with an unearthly groan.

Pypo says, "Sorry! Left my red coat at home."

A rippling ylem rift crashes in on itself and reality is stable again.

Aarbrok looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

You blink.

Pypo chuckles long and heartily.

Aarbrok says, "Do pardon, I enjoy a graaaand entrance."

Aarbrok bares his teeth in a feral grin.

Pypo says, "So what did you need help with?"

"Ah, Senator," Xenia greets loudly, "How nice of you to DROP BY!"

You have emoted: Ferrik sagely nods, taking cue from Xenia as he bumps her. "Ah yes! How nice and ah.. convenient!"

Aarbrok wipes his brow, the smirk never leaving his face, "Well, I do have quite the.....penchant for things that go..." he clears his throat before finishing, "..boom."

The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.

You have emoted: Ferrik ponders, ticking his talons along his jaw in consideration. "I wonder if ah.. that tree over there..." and the crocodile points south, "Might work."

Xenia glances at you and then turns her head to regard further down into the field. "We will just need you, Pypo," she points a finger at the indicated person, "to stand further down there, you know, just about fifty paces or more."

Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day.
It is now the 7th of Niuran, year 447 of the Midnight Age.

Xenia waggles her eyebrows at Aarbrok suggestively.

A violent shriek of steam escapes from within the Citadel, streaming into the night sky and signalling the coming of midnight.

You think for a moment before nodding slowly.

Pypo looks away then takes several paces slowly getting into position, digging my feet into the blackened ground.

You have emoted: Ferrik sniffs the air and raises a talon up high. "Yes.. yes this should work." he mumbles to himself. "I should have packed -just- enough power in it to..."

Pypo says, "Then what?"

The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.

Pypo begins to secrete a foul, viscous fluid from his pores that pours down his in rivulets and pools around his feet.

Perking his head up, you say, "Ah. Just ah. Look pretty for us!"

With a confused expression, you say, "Yes. Just like that."

Looking as though about to answer Xenia.

Xenia opens her mouth but says nothing.

Pypo grits his teeth, his features set in grim, fearless determination.

You have emoted: Wordlessly, Ferrik turns to Xenia and lifts both his brow ridges in a questioning look.

Pypo's eyes fill with battle rage as he screams out, "A Grecht can't change its spots! Deal with it!"

You stare at Pypo and blink.

Pypo's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Xenia gives her silent nod, "Test them," she says ominously.

The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.

(Spinesreach): Hugo says, "Where are the booms?"

(Spinesreach): Xenia says, "About to set some off just east of the Iron Maw."

(Spinesreach): Hugo says, "I wanna hear it all the way in delos."

(Spinesreach): Xenia says, "Let us know if you do!"

Holding a clay flashbomb ready in your hand, you slot a crystallized shard of ylem into it. From deep within the bomb there is a faint pulsating glow, growing steadily brighter with each tick.
Without hesitation you lob it casually towards the ground.
With an ear-splitting crack, a flash bomb explodes in a searing blast of heat and blinding light, dazzling your senses and leaving bright spots in your vision.


Xenia says, "Well then."

You exclaim, "WHAT?!"

You exclaim to Xenia, "DID YOU... DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?!!"

You exclaim, "THE NEXT ONE?! OKAY!"

Holding a Dalturian bomb ready in your hand, you slot a crystallized shard of ylem into it. From deep within the bomb there is a faint pulsating glow, growing steadily brighter with each tick.
Without hesitation you lob it casually towards the ground.
The clay sphere of a Dalturian bomb fractures and then abruptly explodes outward, spraying shrapnel and foul-smelling oil in all directions, coating everything nearby in the viscous and sticky fluid.

You are afflicted with oiled.

Pypo begins to vigorously scrub himself all over, trying to remove the viscous oil sticking to him.

Pypo sticks a finger in his ear wiggling a bit and blinks looking side to side.

Xenia blinks and grabs at her eyes, "The next--" she starts to call but soon is enveloped in oil, her body, arms, and even her mouth seem to have been party to the impact.

Xenia coughs softly.

Pypo says, "Git all oiley from that bomb, slime slathers it off."

You have emoted: A little perturbed, Ferrik turns back to Xenia and merely stares at her, oil seeping down. "WELP."

Coughing and spitting, Xenia says, "I think I stood too close."

"Yay!" Pypo exclaims enthusiastically.

Xenia says, "Nobody start...a fire, please."

Xenia creases her brow in a frown.

Pypo says, "Share in the science!"

Hugo enters from the west.

Xenia begins to vigorously scrub herself all over, trying to remove the viscous oil sticking to her.

Zenobia says, "Hello."

Zenobia's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

You have emoted: Ferrik blinks his glazed eyes away and shakes his head at Xenia. "WHAT?! NO I DON'T THINK YOU LOST YOUR TOES."

Pypo raises his hand in greeting and says "Hi!"

The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.

Aarbrok snickers under his breath.

You have emoted: Covered in soot and oil, Ferrik is rather late to notice the other arrivals. "OH WHY HELLO THERE!" he greets them at top volume. "JUST. Uh.. EVERY DAY SCIENCE GOING ON. NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. NOPE!" he waves them along. "SECURITY EXPERIMENTS! IT'LL BE FINE." he bellows.

Pypo says, "See? Good thing I lost my red coat today! No blowing up this bat!"

Aarbrok shakes loose his coat, now bare-chested he stands there oiled up, peering upon himself curiously.

Xenia frowns deeply at you, the oil dripping rivets down the creases of her furrowed forehead to pool grotesquely into her brow. "An experiment, yes," she asserts, "but let's not involve fire in this test either."

The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.

Aarbrok says, "I...am not used to being so well lubricated."

Pypo utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Disgruntled, Xenia says, "Nor am I."

Pypo slams his soulstone into his chest, eliciting a howl of deafening rage as a soul is violently ripped from it, embedding itself within Pypo's breast. With a snarl, he wrenches it free before closing a hand over his chest, silencing the soul as a deadly glint flashes across his eyes.

Zenobia covers her mouth with her hand to hide a grin, but fails to hide the amused twinkle in her eyes.

Pypo says, "An now I am ready in case i do!"

You have emoted: Ferrik struggles to clear out his ear cavities with a talon. "HUH?!" he grunts. "You need a wet goat for a day?!" he hisses to Pypo.

A vibrant note echoes through the air, emanating from the central spire. Brief seconds later, a cold gust of wind bellows in, heralding the arrival of dawn's waking breath.

Pypo says, "A bombs strapped to it ferrik!"

You have emoted: Noticing the frown and gloomy stares, Ferrik grins a wide, lopsided grin at Xenia. "WIRE?!" he inquires for certainty. "NO! NO NEED! YOU JUST PUT SOME FIRE IN IT LIKE THI--" he looks down and wonders aloud, "ANYONE SEEN MY TINDERBOX GUYS?!"

Perhaps at a bad time, Xenia attempts to scent the air, instead she gets a nose full of oil. This elicits a loud groan as the idreth raises an equally oily hand at an attempt to smear away her nose.

Pypo utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

You see the following people here:
Ferrik, Xenia, Zenobia, Pypo, Hugo, Aarbrok

Pypo looks at you and frowns in concentration, his eyes glazed over.

Aarbrok says, "Pardon..."

"What?" Xenia asks, eyes widening as she wildly begins flailing her hands in front of you, "NO-- NO FIRE, NO TINDER BOX," she calls out loudly to the crocodile.

Aarbrok closes his eyes and begins to focus.

Zenobia stifles a laugh backing up slightly.

Riding her chariot of light, the great life-giver rises from her long sleep and shoots a timorous ray over the horizon.

Pypo's skin begins to slowly char, exposed to the sunlight.

Flickering in and out of perception, the visage of Aarbrok shifts away from the present as he stares out vacantly beyond what is before him. Before one can consider further what exactly he is doing, he is no longer there.

Pypo's skin begins to slowly char, exposed to the sunlight.

Pypo's skin begins to slowly char, exposed to the sunlight.

Pypo unfurls his palm and darkness falls upon you.

Hugo asks, "How the unicorns do I keep waking in strange places?"

Zenobia turns her eyes towards the heavens and the look of innocence on her face is almost enough to imply a gentle halo around her head.

Zenobia says, "To Hugo no clue, Lover."

The body of Hugo appears in a flash and his soul descends to fill it, causing the previously expressionless face to fill with emotion.

"Grrrrrr," Hugo says.

Zenobia gently whispers soothing words to Hugo.

Zenobia says to Hugo, "Its an experiment, shhh."

Hugo says to Xenia, "Anyway I've heard more noise from the brothel when your manhood grows in."

Xenia stares implacably at Hugo.

Zenobia laughs melodically at Xenia.

Xenia says to Hugo, "My what??? nevermind."

Hugo smirks.

Pypo says, "Any more bombs to test?"

You have emoted: "Did you say..." Ferrik uncertainly starts, tilting his head in confusion. "...Go get fire?" he questions himself aloud. "Okay.. but I can't! I am incredibly oiled up right now! Very slippery." he waves to the crowd. "HEY! HEY SOMEONE! CAN YOU GO GET FIRE!? COMMANDER'S ORDERS."

Hugo gives a troublemaker's tinderbox to you.

Xenia throws a hand out in an attempt to halt the request, "No, no, NO FIRE," she calls out.

Zenobia says, "I may."

Hugo says to you, "There yah go."

Xenia points a finger at Hugo, "If I catch fire, I'm docking your pay."

You have emoted: "STAY THERE!" Ferrik calls out to Pypo far louder than necessary. "I GOT THISSS!" he hisses to Xenia as he slowly sways, waddling like a penguin to the crowd to avoid slipping. "Someone throw me some elemental ashes?!"

Hugo says to Xenia, "You have to pay me first."

Pypo says, "She is right, we need feathers! We could mark Ferrik as the first chikogator or...chicken croc in the basin while he cannot hear!"

Hugo says, "Ooh."

Hugo gives some elemental ashes to you.

Xenia asks, "A crockin?"

You have emoted: Looking somewhat confused at his collection, Ferrik holds up a peach and a testis slice. "I'll trade you!"

Hugo says, "Good ole ferni days."

You start to wield a succulent peach in your left hand.

You quickly toss a succulent peach to Hugo, who catches it nimbly.

You start to wield a testis slice in your left hand.

Hugo quickly devours a succulent peach.

You quickly toss a testis slice to Hugo, who catches it nimbly.

Rising higher in the sky, the sun illuminates the land, confining darkness to the shadows.

Zenobia leans comfortably on Hugo.

Hugo kisses Zenobia passionately.

Zenobia says, "Do not eat the testicle."

Hugo says to Zenobia, "There's no nutrition in it."

Zenobia's eyes sparkle with amusement as she gazes upon Hugo.

Pypo says, "Crokin is a better work, it shall be!"

Xenia eyes you with suspicion but soon curiosity gives way and she's at your side looking over the belongings. "Right, so what's the next thing?!"

Zenobia grins mischievously at Pypo.

Hugo says, "There you have ash and a tinderbox."

You have emoted: "HANG OOOON!" Ferrik yells out as he turns around and waddles back. "ONE LAST TEST!" he instruct to Pypo. "THIS!" he boasts to Xenia, "Will be my best work! Watch!" he closes in on her to show the details. "LOOK AT THIS ONE!"

With the ease of practice, you mould some clay into a small sphere and hollow it out. Swiftly but precisely, you pack it full of sulphur and elemental ash, rigging the grenade to be ready for activation.

Hugo says, "Make me giggle."

Pypo's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

You have emoted: Ferrik's tongue sticks out as he attempts to work swiftly, with oil covered claws.

Ghillian arrives from the west.

You have emoted: Ferrik 'accidentally' fumbles then, "WHOOPS!" he declares as the grenade goes tumbling aaaand.

Holding a clay grenade ready in your hand, you slot a crystallized shard of ylem into it. From deep within the bomb there is a faint pulsating glow, growing steadily brighter with each tick. Without hesitation you lob it casually towards the ground.
A clay grenade suddenly explodes into thousands of shards, accompanied by jets of searing hot flame. As the shards fly outward, they too explode, releasing smaller explosions of debris and fire that sear your flesh.
The oil coating you catches aflame, aggravating the grenade's attack.Health Lost: 479, fire, none

Ghillian eats some irid moss.

Zenobia asks Hugo, "You guys really blow stuff up, hmm?"

Hugo says, "I like it."

Zenobia says, "Never seen it before."

Hugo says to Zenobia, "Science is amazing."

You have emoted: Still sizzling with a few flames lingering, Ferrik cocks his head away from Xenia. Predatory teeth puckered over his jaw, "NOW.. HOLD ON! I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GONNA SAY..."

Zenobia murmurs to Hugo, "Glad this wasn't used in the forests when I was a Druidess, tad bit terrifying."

Teani watches the explosions from a short distance, chuckling at the apparent enthusiasm.

The bright sun shines down upon you.

Barely having time to react from the explosion, Xenia throws herself to the ground, rolling about in an attempt to douse the flames catching to her well-oiled form. Some how she is successful, if not a tad singed at the eyebrows and clothing. "FERRIK BAD CALL," she calls out, clearly deafened by the blast.

Pypo hacks with a puff of smoke leaving a nice char-stained ash on side his face. Shaking head side to side like one of his hounds ears flopping as the ash spreads everything on the ground nearby. Mumbling about soot stains on his armor.

(Spinesreach): Hugo says, "So I gave Ferrik fire, I'm enjoying that choice."

(Spinesreach): Zenobia says, "Good gods, science is crazy."

While Xenia has managed to douse herself, the field begins to lick and crackle as fire begins to quickly spread about the splatter of oil. "WATER," she calls out, "WE WILL NEED WATER NOW."

(Spinesreach): Teani says, "It's fun! That's what it is."

(Spinesreach): Lars says, "You haven't even seen the living pumpkins that explode yet!"

The bright sun shines down upon you.

Zenobia asks, "And buckets and water are where?"

Zenobia tilts her head curiously.

Hugo says to Xenia, "Water will make it worse."

Zenobia says to Hugo, "I have ice from my forestal days."

Teani shouts back. "Water and oil is a bad call. We need to smother you in sand or something..."

You have emoted: Ferrik peers at Xenia through narrow-lidded eyes, he whacks a claw at the side of his head (where his hearing stuff is at), "HUH!?" he cries out. "RAD BALL? I KNOW RIGHT!" he laughs aloud. "THOSE LITTLE BALLS PACK QUITE A PUNCH!"

Pypo says, "Use yer streams of justice! An don't cross the streams!"

Zenobia asks, "So we need a Teradrim?"

Somewhat confused, Zenobia creases her brow uncertainly.

(Spinesreach): Xenia says, "Comrades, no need for alarm, but we are in need of a Teradrim and their sand."

Hugo says, "I'm not pissing on her."

Attaining her fullest glory, the shining sun sits upon her throne at the apex of her daily trek through the firmament.

Teani disappears inside the Ironmaw for a short while, reemerging with a bag of sand. She hurries over to Xenia with it. "Here, let's start putting out that fire."

Zenobia takes a drink from an aphotic vial.

(Spinesreach): Zenobia says, "Any Teradrim about??"

The heat from the growing fire begins to grow to near unbearable degree. "Pit, this is gonna be bad, Chair won't be happy," Xenia remarks as she begins to swiftly back away from the flame.

Kelliara raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Zenobia coughs softly at Xenia.

The bright sun shines down upon you.

Hugo lights his cigarette off the growing flames.

Teani starts pouring sand over the flames. "There's more sand by the training pit." she says, as the sand is quickly running out before the flames are under control.

Trikal ponders the situation.

Trikal gracefully hops off of a long-legged ostrich.
Trikal slaps a long-legged ostrich on the rump and sends it cantering off.

You have emoted: Ferrik finally wheels around and takes note of the impending sea of flames as it grows and swells. "OH! OH UH. HEY XENIA! I THINK WE'RE ON FIRE HERE!" he pauses and considers his word choice. "NO NOT LIKE THAT. I MEAN. UH. WE SHOULD FIX THAT."

Xenia's eyes drift towards the flaming field and then to Kelliara, "Right, everyone, scatter the sand, water is a no go!"

You tug on Xenia, trying to get her attention.

Trikal says, "Sand?"

A frown wrinkles Trikal's brow as he articulates a "Hrm...."

"Be right back!" Trikal cries.

The bright sun shines down upon you.

Hugo sighs and goes to grab bags two at a time dumping them on the ground for people to use.

Xenia sighs at you, "The field is on fire," she groans, though at any inspection her clothing and eyebrows would suggest that perhaps she too had been the subject of the flames as well.

Teani drops her sack and rushes inside the prison complex again for another one. Returning, she simply drops the new one on the ground. "Get to work people." She hurries inside for another round.

Zenobia says to Hugo, "Can't see where Xenia is gonna be happy bout the tinderbox, Lover."

Hugo says, "Fire happens."

Shaking her head, Kelliara says to Aarbrok (Ed: Who is not here), "Why is fire always involved with you?"

You have emoted: Hearing slowly returning to Ferrik the crocodile blinks at Xenia. "Oh dear! The field IS on fire!" he points out helpfully to the surrounding people.

Pypo's skin begins to slowly char, exposed to the sunlight.

Pypo hums sofly as shadows wrap from shoulder to tailtip. Taking a sandbag an tossing an saking like a waddling duck over several flames.

Trikal unfurls his palm and darkness falls upon you.

Pypo unfurls his palm and darkness falls upon you.

Zenobia grabs up a couple of sacks and starts putting out the fire on the left side of the field.

Hugo takes flight with bags of sand in each hand dumping from the air.

The bright sun shines down upon you.

"Grab a bag," Xenia barks at Hugo, "This is...well you didn't help the bad decision making that led to this," she grunts and begins spreading the sandbags over the line of flames as the encroach closer.

Xenia says, "Think of this as...A FIRE DRILL!"

Pypo picks up a small pile of black sand.

Trikal shifts his eyes from side to side suspiciously.

Pypo utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Teani comes back again. Seeing where the others are working on controlling the fire, she moves to another end, spreading the sand over the oily ground.

Zenobia wryly says to Xenia, "This I know well."

Hugo lands taking two more bags to the sky to dump.

You have emoted: Ferrik shuffles a few steps away, attempting to pad the ground with a foot here and there. "Yeah uh. That uh." he starts, ticking his talons together. "That's what the Security department is for folks!"

You nod your head at Xenia, showing your acceptance.

The bright sun shines down upon you.

And drill it most definitely is not, the flames are in fact quite real and threaten now to burn the lone tree left at the parameter of the field. "Hurry up," Xenia calls out as she continues to spread sand.

Pypo waddles over dripping oozing slime shaking sand all over several spots tail uncoiling from the waist to pat out a nearby smaller brush fire.

Ghillian shakes her head.

Zenobia drops the empty sacks and plucks up two more stalking back and continuing to smother the left side heading towards the far end to quell the fire.

The sun begins her downward journey towards eventual sleep, casting even, full light upon the land.

The bright sun shines down upon you.

"Would definitely have been faster with a Teradrim here." Teani mutters, rushing in for more sand bags. Upon returning, she moves towards the gallow's tree, making sure it remains safe from the remaining flames.

Finally the parameter seems to be covered in sand, the fire now contained to a blob of flickering flames at the center. "Right," Xenia says, wiping her brow, "I say we just let it...run its course, yes?" She turns to regard you, "OR maybe...MAYBE THIS IS THE PERFECT TESTING RING!"

Zenobia says to Xenia, "Fire will smother fire."

Zenobia shrugs helplessly.

Hugo drops the empty bags as he lands again. Taking a hit from his cigarette he is now covered in black soot.

Pypo yelps as tail gets a little burnt petting the patch to put it out an sighs tail coiling a nearby twig an tosses it from the tail away from ironmaw in a grumpy harumph!

You have emoted: Ferrik waits several beats before he spreads out his squat little arms, claws held out, "EXPANSION!" he declares.

Zenobia nuzzles up close to Hugo and begins to groom him.

Hugo says to you, "Gonna need my tinderbox back."

You have emoted: Solemnly nodding, Ferrik nods at Xenia and thrusts a balled up claw towards her, springing a thumbed talon forth from it.

Zenobia says to Hugo, "Good call."

Pointing it out in the man's pocket, you say to Hugo, "Right there, good sir!"

Hugo says to Zenobia, "Reminds me of my ferni days."

Hugo utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Hugo says, "Burn baby burn."

Xenia says to Hugo, "Even a crocodile is sneaky enough to secret things back."

The bright sun shines down upon you.

You have emoted: Leaning over a short ways, Ferrik hides his snout with a claw as he whispers to Hugo, "I also do small stage shows of tricks."

You peer at Xenia suspiciously.

Hugo says to Xenia, "Good on him."

Pypo says, "Seems we got a laugh out of him. I say this was a rousing success!"

Ghillian leaves to the west.

"And plays the piano." Teani comments from the side.

Zenobia says to Hugo, "... ya know at the ball a few tricks could not hurt."

Hugo says, "I said giggle."

Zenobia grins mischievously at you.

A farmer from the crowd pipes up, "Piano?" he wonders aloud. "There's a piano, where?"

Hugo exclaims, "I'M NOT GIGGLING!"

Hugo coughs softly.

Pypo says, "A laugh is a bigger giggle!"

Hugo says, "Anyway."

Teani says, in a feral tongue, "In the Institute."

Xenia smudges a bit of soot at her brow as she wipes it with one hand. She turns to regard the farmer, "Oh, you know, from Southeast, from the Inner Gate, at the Institute."

Hugo asks, "Wanna do some tricks at the ball?"

You have emoted: Without a change of expression or posture, Ferrik merely points to the right direction with a claw.

The deepening dusk yields to impenetrable darkness as night claims the land.

"Ahaaa!" another crowd member responds. "They said in the Institute. Southeast from the gate." they reiterate to a hard of hearing person.


Pypo says, "Could consider making liquid fireworks."

Pypo wraps his tentacle around a small pile of black sand and retrieves it.

Hugo asks, "Like exploding candle wax?"

You have emoted: Ferrik brushes himself off and reaches up to alight his top hat, which has miraculously managed to stay in place, albeit a little extra blackened.

Zenobia says to Hugo, "Daffy male."

"That's right, that's right, in the Institute," Xenia confirms nodding her head.

Pypo says, "Wax or a canister with some paint or colored water... Booze would explode making bigger fire in sky."

Hugo says, "What can I say, I'm high right now."

You have emoted: Ferrik wipes his claws off, inspecting them as he chimes in, "To the Southeast."

Zenobia takes a long drag from a lit slender white cigarette.

Zenobia exhales a mild cloud of smoke, redolent with slightly sweet scents.

Pypo utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

A deep, resonant note echoes from all throughout the corridors of the Citadel, creating a tremulous sound that seems to rattle the sky itself. In its wake, a chill wind bellows across the firmament, embracing the twilight of a new dusk.

Giving her gray-furred coat a vigorous shake, Teani departs to the west.

You pick up a small pile of black sand.

Pypo pets you ingratiatingly.

Pypo says, "Any time you ask me to test, I am making sure always lose that red coat."

A plume of smoke continues to billow out from the field, but for the most part, the fire has been contained and reduced to little more than a crackling contained within the ring of sand. Xenia turns now to regard this, hands planting at her hips, "Well, this is fine, and I think....I think I should go write about the results and prep for further testing,"

Treading softly, Teani's gray-furred form wanders in from the west.

Xenia says to you, "Good tests and good fire drill!"

Xenia grows still and her lips begin to move silently.

Zenobia smiles wryly.

You have emoted: Ferrik retrieves some of the sand in order to sprinkle it over some stubborn, smoky spots. "Well I guess that concludes that." he confirms, giving a nod of acknowledgement to Xenia. "I say this is where we run off and pretend it never happened." he pauses and huffs out some kind of a cough. "Yes. Well this last part anyway."

Teani gives a metal case containing an intricate device to you.

You give Xenia a respectful salute.

Xenia is enveloped in translucent fire for a moment and is gone, her soul safe until she returns to Aetolia.

Teani says to you, "Figured your old one might have fallen apart, so I made you a new one."

Beaming happily at Teani, you emit an excited "Wheeee!"

You nod your head quickly and eagerly.

Pypo says, "It was fun!"

Pypo says, "I think we need something to make a bigger boom."

Zenobia says to you, "Yes that was, different to be sure."

Zenobia says to Pypo, "You are bloody nuts ya know that right."

Zenobia shakes her head.

The stars wink into existence, familiar constellations illuminating the night with tales of myth and legend.

Hugo says, "It pretty sparkly."

The corners of Hugo's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Pypo says to Zenobia, "I was thrown into three elemental planes by a curious cabalist Burnt to a crisp, torn apart by stoems an eaten by sharks."

Zenobia says to Hugo, "Sure."

Zenobia laughingly says to Pypo, "So the answer is yes."

Pypo winks knowingly at Zenobia.

Teani grins mischievously at you.

Aniko stares implacably at Hugo.

Zenobia smiles affectionately at Pypo and bumps her nose gently against his nose.

Hugo leans on Aniko seeking consolation.

Zenobia raises an eyebrow at Aniko.

Pypo utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

The night sky is clear, and the stars twinkle like diamonds.

You have emoted: Ferrik inspects the newly bestowed device and flicks it open. To his surprise, the device instantly starts to emit all sorts of odd beeps and blinking lights.

Aniko says to Zenobia, "I need to borrow him if he has time."

Your breath catches in a gasp of surprise.

Pypo says, "I tend to enjoy bein a meddler, even if means my doom to a spoon carried by a troolish buffoon."

Zenobia says to Aniko, "And in borrow you mean?"

You have emoted: Holding a metal case containing an intricate device aloft, Ferrik holds it this way and that as he cries out, "BUFFALO!? BUFFALOOOO!" and starts to follow the beeps of the device.

[ Fin ]
 
TeaniAarbrokDidi

Comments

  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress SwedenMember Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love Spinesreach!



  • XeniaXenia Member Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much fun and unexpected! :)

  • PypoPypo Member Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    I think it was cute as ferrik left, he left a trail of oil behind him. I stood there going over my cartoon urges to borrow a tinderbox just to light the oil see how far ferrik would get as the trail catches up to him :3 *laughs*

    On clan, I was even doing my tasmanian devil schtik refrence with the poor guy saying we dress up a buffalo an strap a ylem bomb to its stomach for ferrik to gobble up in one whole bite!

    *laughs* I had a blast the entire time with everyone who showed up! I still wish we got Hugo to giggle, but maybe one day we can! Thanks again for all the fun hopefully there will be more explosions in the future!
    Didi
Sign In or Register to comment.