Mafia: Enorian Epidemic! (Signups)

edited August 2015 in OOC Chat
Welcome to a game of forum mafia! This will be a very basic form of mafia, so if you've never played before, please feel free to join in! Start off by giving the rules a quick look-over, and then feel free to post below!

THE RULES:

- Each round is divided into one day, and one night.
- During the day, everyone can talk and discuss among themselves. Voting also occurs during this time, and when a majority has been reached I'll announce the death.
- A successful lynch ends the day phase of the round.
- During the night you may post, but you may not vote.
- The night phase is over when all of the power characters have sent me a PM with what they want to do. If they don't respond in a timely manner, they'll lose the opportunity to do so for that round.
- You MAY NOT post screenshots/copy PMs to people to prove you're a certain role. Please don't spoil the fun.
- You may at any time send me a PM to have an anonymous message posted to the rest of the players.

- I'll try and keep day rounds going as smoothly as possible. If I notice things start to slug off at all, I'm going to announce that there's 'x hours left in the round', upon which the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched.

Background:

A nefarious group of individuals has managed to infiltrate Enorian with dastardly plans of releasing an epidemic! Using a specialized toxin created from the joint efforts between the Cabalists and the Syssin, these thugs, otherwise known as The Arbiters, plan to slowly pick off the citizens of Enorian one by one so that Spinesreach can eventually claim the city for those Comrades that'd prefer a warmer climate.

THE ROLES

The Luminary - Once per night, the Luminary can send an angel to protect a target of his or her choice. This protection will last the night round it is used only.

The Zealot - The Zealot can firebomb TWO players throughout the course of the game before their spark is drained. This can be activated at any time they'd like by sending me a PM with the target to firebomb.

Note: This can be activated at any time, and will go through as soon as I receive the PM. If the target is protected by the Luminary, the target will not die, but one of the two firebombs will still be used. Use these sparingly!

The Templar - Once per night, through rigorous inspection, the Templar can investigate a target of his or her choosing to discern their alignment. Note: An inspection of the Chief Arbiter will reveal Civilian.

Civilians - The rest of Enorian's population. While they may not be too strong on their own, together they're a force to be reckoned with!

------------

The Arbiters - The main group that's infiltrated Enorian. Once per night round they will vote on a person to kill off to start the following day.

The Chief Arbiter - The kingpin of this so-called organization. An investigation of the Chief Arbiter by the Templar will reveal a Civilian result.

------------

Win Conditions:

Enorian wins if they successfully kill all of the Arbiters.

The Arbiters win if they manage to outnumber the Enorian citizens!

------------

Note: Since the forums have had the easy color options removed, this looks a lot more vanilla than I wanted it to. Sorry :(

Please post below if you'd like to play! Signups will be ending either in a handful of days, or once we've reached a significant chunk of people!

PLAYERS:
Ilyon
Aarbrok
Sarita
Teani

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.

Comments

• CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    I always miss these and have fun reading them. I'm glad I can catch this one.
    Aldric
  • I'll try this out.
    Aldric
  • I'll do this
    Aldric
  • @Rashar get yoself in here. And @Ashmer. And @Zsadist but only because he's a hater.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Sure, may as well.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Me too.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I'm in.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'm in!

Because we're good friends I'm going to assume that's a typo. Also because we're good friends I'll give you 4 hours to fix it before I PK you. IRL.

HavenAldricTeani
  • Whoops, my bad, fixed!

That said, we're looking at a veeeeery small/fast game of mafia here, and that's no fun! Join up ladies and gents!
  • Bump... I want to see this happen.
  • I'll play!
  • I think we'll be set if we can get 3/4 more people!
  • we need more people for this guys!
  • Going to give this one last bump. A few more people would make for an ideal game.

That said, if the people that signed up are for it, we'll have a much smaller game. Wouldn't exactly be fair to hype one up, then not play, right? In the event of a smaller game, we'll axe the Zealot just because.
    Aldric said:

Going to give this one last bump. A few more people would make for an ideal game.

That said, if the people that signed up are for it, we'll have a much smaller game. Wouldn't exactly be fair to hype one up, then not play, right? In the event of a smaller game, we'll axeaxk the Zealot just because.

Teani
  • So, this game fizzled out as a result of a lack of players, but we've had a little more time, so I'd like to give it a tentative bump! Roster has been wiped clean, and if we can get enough to play I'd be happy to host!
  • Shrug, sure.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    >.> Yeah yeah, sure why not.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    In!

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Add me.
  • It's been 3 months, and I'm bumping this again because I'm DYING to host a mafia game.

...okay, not dying. But c'mon folks, it's fun!

If you've never played before, please give it a shot. http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/731/mafia-the-return-of-ashtan/p1

^ There's an example of a previous game where people had a blast! It's easy to learn, so don't let having never played before get in the way!

If there's enough interest for a mafia game, I'll likely redo the theme/roles for something a bit more fresh and up to date. Make a post if you're interested in playing a game!