Wildborn

MarienaMariena By a lake.
edited February 2015 in Roleplay Logs
Finished writing for now, you close your book.

Mariena closes the book and leans over its big body, gasping. She is crying, purging the
memories through her tears as much as through the words on the page.

Taking several deep breaths, you say, "By the Lady's Fire, I never realized."

Mariena's hands spread back out over the book and she takes several more centering, calming breaths. "I lost myself."

A warm, comforting sensation courses over your form, like a hand upon your shoulder to comfort you in time of duress.

Mariena taps the book and sits up, her spine a little straighter. "It is here. It is
right here. The moment it happened."

"..and what does it tell you." the feminine voice resounds, embracing you in its grasp, "Free yourself of it, purify My child."

Mariena's face is wet, her eyes black. "Tells me that what I have chosen to focus on in
the past, to really put EFFORT in, was corrupt. It was not perhaps meaningless."
She shudders, bare toes digging into the sand. "It wasn't meaningless but it WAS worthless. It was not worthy. Their .. Spark? Fire? Hunger? Was little, twisted."

Softly, you say, "I have learned that I can not be a good person. That I can be a small, close-minded, jealous person. I can be twisted, easily."

In a mighty conflagration, Auresae, the Goddess of Fire appears, jets of flame resolving into the glowing motes of Her eyes.

Auresae turns Her gaze upon you as She appears with Her hand upon your shoulder, "What are you now?" She asks, sofly considering you.

"Confused, small. Burning." Mariena states these three words and then listens to herself
with a tip of her ear. "Hurting," she concludes, "Lifting free of this hurts. Will it ever be
free?"

Auresae smiles, though you cannot see the warmth of Her body increases, violent and roiling as it infuses itself to your very core, touching upon the darkest, most repressed regions of yourself, "It begins already, but will never be finished...though if you accept it, then you are already ahead of those who reject." She announces, quietly rubbing your shoulder.

Mariena makes a noise sounding much like, 'awuagh,' as the violent brightness pushes
against the darkness. "I wonder if I keep it closer in my flesh," she offers this thought, her voice holding a note of strain, as one would be if one were getting their muscles deeply worked. "Azudim, because of the death I caused to ascend. Azudim, through this entire book. Azudim."

Auresae muses in thought, "What do you hide within, yearning to escape, a part of you that makes you feel safe?" She asks, searching deep within your being, "Why should one call upon something within, when it can be displayed proudly."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "Your past represses much but has always been saved by the spirit you bear inside."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "That spirit infused with My flame...is a force which you possess."

"I.. I .." Mariena seems confused, quiet as she listens more, trying to see. "Always
been there?" She repeats this part, it is a confusing morsel to chew over and it causes her to crane her head around and up, as a child would when searching for the truth in a trusted figure's features.

Auresae lowers her tone, affirming Her statement, "Through the most difficult of trials, you yet stand before me by your will...your desire." She intones with pride in Her words, "You have not fallen, merely tripped, but a wound mends, a scar is only a reminder."

~Trust. Trust this Divine without question. Never trust that much. Can trust? Argh. Can trust. Weird feeling.~

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "Should you not have had that spirit within you, then you would be a far different woman, and not before Me now."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "That was your doing, I have nothing to do with your choices."

With a bit of a smile, you say, "I might still have fangs and be quite adverse to being touched by Lady Fire herself."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "Yet, you allow Me to, despite the fear...do you feel pain, does the flame harm you."

Mariena looks down at herself, near glowing in the spill-over of illumination. "Hurts when you dig deep, as if the shadows cling and want to fight, but then no." This is an honest answer. "Hurts most when I wind up, when I feel unworthy of Your attention. This. Your mercy."

You say, "Mental pain, not physical."

Auresae smiles, gently caressing upon one of your ears with Her fingertip as She continues, "That is temperance, Mariena." She affirms, letting out a deep exhale of warm air, "Do not assume that all can be mended in one fell swing of a hammer, for if you temper with such force the weapon of your will shall be shattered, the motion is best gentle, tapping upon it with intent and direction until the edge is honed."

~Am bad at patience.~

Quietly, you say, "I will try. Arbre says that much relief comes in acceptance, too."

Auresae nods Her head emphatically.

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "And you fear if I was to change you too rapidly, so that is inherently out of the question dear."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "That darkness you feel, do you think if you were comprised differently and accepted life as opposed to death you would change."

Mariena remains quiet on this question for a time, her gaze automatically going to the horizon as she searches for the answer. It takes some time for the thought to compose itself, but when it does, she answers, "Death suits the shadows, it's more its nature, but the reason for choosing death is in opposition to the shadows. Life would always be in conflict. I think it would either force it out, or be .. A glaze over bad pottery. It would crack quickly."

Auresae nods Her head, "For some the answer is simple, for others it is not...either way I have the means to remove what is within and permit you to reform it by your own will..." She informs, quiet and explanatory in Her tone, "Such would be new, created by your will, without the past transgressions dwelling deep within."

Mariena offers a nod and then stands as is appropriate for such an offer. Hand over heart, she offers a bow, respect showing. "Lady Fire, I am honored you would waste such on me. May I take you up on this offer, when I hand the book of my past to you? When it is complete?"

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "If that is what you desire, though the book is more for you, not for Me."

Auresae taps Her nose knowingly.

Sheepishly, you say, "I was hoping in the secret places when you touched it, it would burst to flames."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "I am just a guide dearest, you already know that is what will happen because your existence is for you."

Rubbing her head now with her hand, Mariena adds, "I think I could give you this book
now, and feel the same relief." That knowledge is dawning over her face slowly. As if she hadn't considered the notion, so set on writing out her 'sins'.

Auresae's mouth turns up as Her face breaks into a smile.

An explosion of flame wreathes itself around Auresae's body, consuming Her entirely and leaving no trace of Her in its wake.

You are transported by the power of the Divine.

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "A special place to Me..."

Auresae's mouth turns up as Her face breaks into a smile.

A tranquil grove within the ruins.
Occasional drops of rain fall to the ground from a sky grey with pregnant clouds. The ferns lining this trail unfold here into a small hidden grove, its tall grasses peppered with fiery color. Ringed by the remains of the ancient tree a serene and peaceful place amongst the charred landscape. Through this tiny grove, lights blink and swirl, twisting and twining in a dazzling display - a colony of fireflies has taken up residence here, their ethereal light casting the clearing in a gentle, shifting glow. Small, glowing fireflies are scattered across the area. Several pieces of the fallen wood of Yggdrasil have been constructed into a massive pyre here. Intense waves of heat bathe the area, radiating from the Divine presence of Auresae, Goddess of Fire.
You see exits leading northeast and southeast.

Auresae walks around the grove, a fiery pyre burning with golden light before Her as the fireflies buzz quietly overhead.

"Beautiful," Mariena returns reverently, her eyes daring and then settling on the
massive pyre. "Much power, though very serene. Tempered?" She asks this quizzically, the concept of slowly changing over time has never been one that matched her headspace.

Auresae points to the book in your grasp, a vibrant light crackling upon the edge of the pages, like ethereal embers illuminating you. Wisps of inky shadow coursing off your fingertips as your clutch it tightly to your chest.

Auresae nods Her head quietly, "It is your choice to let go of the darkness that sits within you, this pyre is fueled by My flame and with its intensity shall such be purified if you choose." She intones, the fireflies swooping and diving overhead in a magnificent display of light.

Mariena seems startled but the light doesn't seem to mind the light drizzle. The shadows
running off of her are inky, twisting, twining around her wrists and clutching tight. She takes a step forward, another. Closer and closer, though she shivers. Her feet seem heavy and her eyes are the color of a sickly yellow storm. "I choose it, I choose the fire," she declares out loud, despite the fear coursing off of her in waves strong enough for the most obtuse person to feel.

The flames illuminate, and from within your very being a golden light illuminates the surroundings from within. Shadows and darkness churn wildly from your form, wisping into the air as they flee from the fire within. As the book crackles and burns in the clutches of your purifying flames, Auresae stands before you, looking down upon you with endearing concern.

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "Then you know what you must do, My Child."

Mariena steps forward again, and then again once more. She's on the edge of the pyre and
she casts the book forward with a cry. It'd have probably burnt within her hands if she held it for longer, but it's the gesture that is important, the casting away and into the flames. It is the closeness of that fire, its hot light licking up her forearms that actually causes her to whimper, but she holds steady. In a moment, she relaxes. The shadows are burning from her and she takes another step into the pyre. Why she would want to actually stand and char within a physical blaze is that desire to be reborn. To be reshaped. To be free.

The great pyre claims the offering, the embers illuminate brightly eliciting the strengthening of the flames which consume and purge any taint leaving a crimson-tone memorial grimoire entitled, "Accountability" pure.

A massive pyre surges with fiery passion as a crimson-tone memorial grimoire entitled, "Accountability" smolders within, the purifying flames consuming and unforgiving. As the strength of the flames finally lay their claim unto a crimson-tone memorial grimoire entitled, "Accountability" they leave naught but ashes as remnants.

As the book enters the pyre, you feel a sense of relief as a great weight lifts from you. The inky black tendrils coursing to the heavens and bringing you to your knees. The darkness falls and you drop to the ground, the flame within roiling and burning away all former fear and doubt. The warmth slowly subsides, permitting you respite and with newfound strength you stand now before the Goddess, cleansed.

Mariena gasps much like a fish out of water and looks pretty much the same, mouth open,
back arched and limbs flopped akimbo.

Auresae, Goddess of Fire chants, "Tun shrac ardo inaernab tasyme xai nol mishbelne aen aiyr triene fio aiyr naefeu,"

Auresae thunders through the hollow with Her chant, as the last vestiges of shadow rise from your form, leaving you yet hollow before Her.

A fountain of translucent flame erupts from the ground and coalesces to form a trinket of living flame.

A fountain of translucent flame erupts from the ground and coalesces to form an amber crest bracelet.

Auresae smiles broadly at you, taking a deep breath, "The flame has accepted you, as you have unto it Mariena, if it is your wish to be Mine, then you may claim the trinkets before you." She informs, gesturing to the hollow one who stands before Her, "Your form is your choice, but I have given you rebirth, My child."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "Like a phoenix you have risen from the ashes."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire has invited you to join the Divine Order of Auresae, Goddess of Fire and awaits
a response.
AGREE if you wish to join the order.
H:5500/5500 M:4900/4900 W:100% E:100% [csdb] [eb lr] [Twilight]
Auresae grants you entrance into Her Order. Congratulations!

look me
She is an agile Tekal. It is hard to get a grasp on Mariena's true shape, as it seems hazy and out of focus. A bright nimbus of spirit suffuses her being, illuminating the woman from the inside out. A few things are able to be spotted though, that of her relatively short stature, hair that is perhaps darker, and eyes burning like embers in a banked fire.

Mariena stares up at Auresae for a long couple of moments and then begins to laugh. She
laughs and laughs, the sound joyful, relieved, a little unhinged but that is to be expected after such things. She rolls and moves her hands forward, finding the trinkets and then sitting on her haunches. Standing takes a little longer but she clutches those two things close as she once had the book. "Thank you,Lady Fire.. Thank you, Mother Fire."

Auresae smiles warmly, accepting you as one of Hers now, "You are afforded opportunity to start fresh, by your will, use it wisely My child." She informs with soft conviction, "You are far stronger than you imagine."

The cloud cover clears, revealing the sparkling night sky.

You have emoted: Mariena slides her hand through the trinket's chain and wraps it in such a way that she can carry it in her palm, if she so wished. "I am blessed, I .. Thank you. Thank You!" Joyous and musical, and perhaps a little overwhelmed still.

(Aiyr Hiale): Auresae says, "Welcome to Mariena, whom has been purified by My flame, who has purged herself of all fear and past and has been reborn like the mighty phoenix."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "Consider where you shall go from this point My child."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "It is the beginning of a new book."

Auresae, Goddess of Fire says, "Your story."

You have emoted: Mariena stares down at the trinket in her hands. At the bracelet. She looks back up, face wet but not with shame. With gratitude. With purpose. With a heart too full to contain the emotion within. "One worthy of remembering."

Auresae smiles, nodding with affirmation, "Because you, are worth remembering." She replies assertively, making Her way towards you to embrace you in Her arms. The warmth of Her form enveloping you as She gently strokes your head, "Maintain that strength Mariena dear, you will do so well."

Mariena seems surprised but then hugs Auresae back with a fierceness and perhaps pride.

/fin

MoireanMalokKerrynArbreKendri