VOTE

DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore ExtraordinareRolling amongst piles of credits.
Voting reset, let's do better than 10th this time - we were so close to 9th! Vote at home, vote at work, VOTE VOTE VOTE.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

BelakaiPiperDhar

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Alongside advertisements, voting helps bring in fresh blood! (I think.)

Sometimes on like kongregate or one of the other sites I visit, I throw out Serious's link. Sometimes people bite!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Lol, auto-correct. Today I learned Aetolia = Serious and Ylem = Town.
    havenbanner2
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    VOTE FOR SERIOUSTOWN, IT'S THE BEST IRE MUD OUT THERE.
    HavenAmaraPeriluna
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I thought he was trying to make a Seir joke.  Dead Seiriously.  I just didn't get it.
    Periluna
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Those swashbuckling Midkemians just passed us! Are we going to stand for this travesty? No! VOTE!

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Lin said:

VOTE FOR SERIOUSTOWN, IT'S THE BEST IRE MUD OUT THERE.

Sounds about right.
    havenbanner2
  • NewTeradims, Crafting upates, Iron Epicurean, more eager builders soon,..

What else does it take for you to VOTE?

We dropped out of Top Ten. Do it.

LiancaPiper
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Voting has reset, we're not in the top 20. HALP US

• Come ON guys Achaea slipped and Midkemia of all things overtook them. Lusternia is even in the top 10. How are we number 20!? VOTE!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • For those like me who forget to vote:

Step 1: Set www.aetolia.com/vote to open in another tab when you open Chrome.
    Step 2: Install this GreaseMonkey script: http://bloodrose.bubble.ro/auto_topmudsites.user.js 
    Step 3: Due to new changes in Chrome, it won't auto-install. So drag and drop it from Downloads to the "Extensions" page in the settings within Chrome.
    Step 4: You "VOTE" every time you open your browser. 

(There are instructions for Firefox as well, but I don't use it so I'm not sure if they still work exactly as listed.)
    imageimage
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I try... I even stole my wife's cell phone to vote on hers...
    Haven
  • edited February 2013
    wrong place
  • I've voted a time or two since Raz took over since it appears that we have an admistration who are really rolling up their sleeves.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Amara
  • I actually have it set to open up the voting screen whenever I'm prompted by the game. Doesn't bother me to click over to the screen that opens behind my client, click VOTE, and go back to gaming. I also vote when I'm at work!
  • Why are we so low! I remember when Aet's avg. rank was much higher... I'd think after this administrative change towards greater action/transparency, more people (like Val) would be voting. I try to vote often too. Is it that we've lost players or that other MUDs have gained? Some other trend?
    EzalorHaydynLianca
  • I try to vote twice. Once on my work computer and once at my home computer. More people need to vote!
    Daskalos
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I think you can vote on your smart phone, too. At least I try to, don't know if it counts or not.
    Haydyn
  • We just smote down some wannabe MUD called Geas on topmudsites.com. Let's try to go higher and take 7th place!

Huzzah!
    HavenEzalorLianca
  • C'mon guys, we're almost at 14! How come Midkemia and Lusternia are beating us!?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul

Meyvitch said:
    C'mon guys, we're almost at 14! How come Midkemia and Lusternia are beating us!?

Because Aetolia got super exciting after December then in April it started getting less and less exciting. It's still an awesome game, so people should vote, but all that Razmael/Dominion/Factions/Month of Janurary/Fabruary/etc-goodiness is starting to wear off.
  • edited June 2013
    Daskalos said:
    Voting reset, let's do better than 10th this time - we were so close to 9th! Vote at home, vote at work, VOTE VOTE VOTE.
    You know the phrase "actions speak louder than simple words" comes to mind here. You cant just tell people to vote and expect it to happen in order to get results. That is pretty close to Tyrants and wondering why their kingdom is failing so whip harder. Perhaps looking into the problem of why there are low votes and fewer players is a better option.

Meyvitch said:
    C'mon guys, we're almost at 14! How come Midkemia and Lusternia are beating us!?
    Now here  is the correct way to be looking into the issue, not just saying "VOTE!". The game is losing players because the playerbase is becoming uninterested and newer players are not impressed/unhappy with the current mechanics. Until 'new' mechanics are made, then you wont see 'change'. It is basics of the  laws of logic. You want change? Take action to make it, dont just say it.
    ArbreArekaTeani
  • Mirrfa said:

NewTeradims, Crafting upates, Iron Epicurean, more eager builders soon,..

What else does it take for you to VOTE?

We dropped out of Top Ten. Do it.

NewTeradrim kind of need a lot of work unfortunately.  That said, I still vote every day and more people should vote.  While the new teradrim have been underwhelming I do like the direction of the game as a whole.
    Arbre
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Instead of shooting down someone else's enthusiasm in a thread meant to encourage people to vote, perhaps you should be the one taking a different tone, Calipso. We can't expect new mechanics all the time, but that doesn't mean people can't be happy about the game anyway because of current RP arches they are involved in, people they interact with, small things they notice.

Also, summer is coming. People are more likely to be out enjoying the weather (like me, though I brought my laptop), involved in other RL activity that takes them away from the game a little (like vacation or summer jobs). This doesn't mean others can't continue to encourage others to support the game we (well, most of us anyway) love.

Support Aetolia by voting, cause it's great!

MephistolesAryanneDaskalosLianca
  • Are you seriously trolling a post that was meant to get people to be more aware of Voting..that was made FIVE MONTHS ago?

Seriously?
    LinMephistoles
  • Teani said:
    I think @Teani summed it up nicely right there.
  • Teani said:
    Instead of shooting down someone else's enthusiasm in a thread meant to encourage people to vote, perhaps you should be the one taking a different tone, Calipso. We can't expect new mechanics all the time, but that doesn't mean people can't be happy about the game anyway because of current RP arches they are involved in, people they interact with, small things they notice.

Also, summer is coming. People are more likely to be out enjoying the weather (like me, though I brought my laptop), involved in other RL activity that takes them away from the game a little (like vacation or summer jobs). This doesn't mean others can't continue to encourage others to support the game we (well, most of us anyway) love.

Saybre said:
    Are you seriously trolling a post that was meant to get people to be more aware of Voting..that was made FIVE MONTHS ago?

Seriously?
    It's not trolling, there is a big difference, it was pointing out that just telling people to vote (from 5 months ago) does nothing and does not encourage others to vote. Actions give results, not ordering.

Frankly it is this type of "we refuse to take any commentary" which affects the game negatively. You want to change, then accept ALL opinions, dont just pick out the ones that make you smile while you still see everything crashing and burning.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Vote vote vote your curs, raise Aetolia's raaank - Sound the drum and crack the whip, Gods 12th place staaanks..er....stiiiiinks.

This message is brought to you by the "Row Row Row Your Boat" corporation of Old Shastaan. Thank you. 

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2013
    It appears we are 20th on the list.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Aryanne
  • Someone should write up a script to spoof ips and vote a ridiculous number of times for Aet like Midkemia has.
    Aryanne
  • Hi! I'm a newer player. 

Aetolia's mechanics are interesting. I keep finding all kinds of new shiny things I dig. Speak for yourself, Calipso, not for others. Further, I find the playerbase here to be more engaging, interesting, and friendly then I found in any of the other IRE games (and I've tried all of them fairly recently). 

Change isn't just created via coding. The best coding means nothing without a vibrant community, which requires fresh faces, which we get in part through voting. 

The problem isn't 'we don't want commentary we don't like', it's that your commentary is inaccurate and unhelpful to the discussion. 

imageimage