Let Me Debunk Your Goofy Rumors

2»

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    They always have a comment explaining why they were removed or merged.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited December 2014
    Zsadist said:

Here's a legitimate question for you to debunk Oleis:

When it comes to the IDEA system... when an Idea is deleted, is it deleted because its been implemented or is it deleted because there is no plans on implementing submitted Idea? I only ask because I have had Ideas submitted and then deleted but no change seen in regards to the Ideas submitted.

If your idea is deleted, it's either (a) Already happened (b) Merged into an existing (better supported) idea (c) Not going to happen. Actually-implemented ideas will also get a changelog or a newspost of some kind.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Since I have had fifty billion different answers, if you are cityless is your tether decided by the class you currently hold or the last city you were a part of?
  • Anise said:

Since I have had fifty billion different answers, if you are cityless is your tether decided by the class you currently hold or the last city you were a part of?

Last city you were a part of, usually. You can still use neutral classes just fine (monk/syssin/lycanthrope), but the rest are set by last city.
    Aryanne
  • Dristin said:

Anise said:

Since I have had fifty billion different answers, if you are cityless is your tether decided by the class you currently hold or the last city you were a part of?

Last city you were a part of, usually. You can still use neutral classes just fine (monk/syssin/lycanthrope), but the rest are set by last city.
    Just to clarify even though I hold Ascendril class because my last city was Spinesreach I am shadow tether?
  • Anise said:

Dristin said:

Anise said:

Just to clarify even though I hold Ascendril class because my last city was Spinesreach I am shadow tether?
    That is correct. Your Ascendril class should be dormant. It should remain dormant until you join another city that is on the spirit tether. @Oleis can chime in when he's available, to say if that's been changed or not. But, that's how it was last I heard.
  • Dristin said:

Anise said:

Dristin said:

Anise said:

That is correct. Your Ascendril class should be dormant. It should remain dormant until you join another city that is on the spirit tether. @Oleis can chime in when he's available, to say if that's been changed or not. But, that's how it was last I heard.
    This is my confusion ... Ascendril is active but my last city is Spines when the change went into effect
  • edited December 2014
    Anise said:

Dristin said:

Anise said:

Dristin said:

Anise said:

This is my confusion ... Ascendril is active but my last city is Spines when the change went into effect
    Did you get it pre-joining-Spinesreach or post-leaving without having any other classes?
    Anise
    Tethering checks:
    - Your current class
    - Your current city
    - If neither, your most recent city.

If you hold Ascendril class, your tether reflects that. @Dristin's original response was probably motivated by the roadblock people hit when they want to sidehop class-wise but haven't yet been able to join a city of the opposing tether.
    [---]
    DristinAnise
  • This is probably the most idiotic question I will ever ask and you can smite me down, disfavor me, whatever.....

Are there any plans on doing more artifact auctions via gold/credits? I know they have been done in the past, but very few for reasons that are obvious.... however, it has been quite some time since the last auction of either kind. Or is IRE not very fond of these auctions?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    edited December 2014
    With crafting and tags: Are we supposed to be able to do DESIGN LIST < tag > and have all the designs show up with that tag? Am I just really really bad at getting things to work? Will this ever work like that? Thanks!

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited December 2014
    Yes, that is currently how things work. Some tags are broken though (like alcohol for me, so I had to change it to alcoholic).

<8421/7698h 4724/4724m 33414e 21900w <eb> > <100||100|49.52%> <12:05:33:620> design list persian
    Design# Appearance Status Owner Months
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20845 some rosewater, honey, and ... Autopay Areka 63
    20882 flatbread baked with spiced... Autopay Areka 63
    20883 a flaky, honey-drizzled cru... Autopay Areka 68
    20884 a beef and mushroom turnove... Autopay Areka 67
    Zsadist said:

This is probably the most idiotic question I will ever ask and you can smite me down, disfavor me, whatever.....

Are there any plans on doing more artifact auctions via gold/credits? I know they have been done in the past, but very few for reasons that are obvious.... however, it has been quite some time since the last auction of either kind. Or is IRE not very fond of these auctions?

IRE is not a fan of them but I'm not sure if that's discouragement or an outright ban.
    [---]
    Why isn't the company?

Mat always talks about arti auctions like a school kid in interviews.

What part about them does IRE not like? I would think they'd make a buttload of money...
    Ishin
    Moirean said:

Why isn't the company?

Mat always talks about arti auctions like a school kid in interviews.

What part about them does IRE not like? I would think they'd make a buttload of money...

Last time we discussed it, the perception was that they didn't actually stimulate purchases. There is a reasonable argument that taking credits and gold out of the economy stimulates purchases down the line, but I didn't argue then and I'll avoid commenting now.
    [---]
    Ishin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Is it true that you have a constantly resetting _ Days since @Moirean broke something display in the Havens?

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    IshinVolka
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited January 2015
    Is it true Damariel has His eye on a new troll lady?

I might have heard that Maghak tried to sit in Ivoln's throne, but didn't fit.

And where did this come from?

Tree Current Next Rank Purchased Invested
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Commerce 20 0 8 Yes 0
    Military 3169 0 8 Yes 0
    Research 6919 0 8 Yes 0
    Religion 0 0 8 Yes 0
    Manipulation 0 0 0 No 0
    Ashmer
  • edited January 2015
    What's happening with artisanals an bardics? Last entry up is June, is it still a thing or was it silently shelved?

Politics
    Is Galleus still an active admin? We see him on who every now and then...
    <blockquote class="Quote">
      <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Moirean">Moirean</a> said:</div>
      <div class="QuoteText">Is Galleus still an active admin? We see him on who every now and then...</div>
    </blockquote>

He exists. He was really helpful to me personally while I was learning the ropes. You probably shouldn't ask him for anything. I think he just goes vis so that people can tell him his baby is adorable. 

(Because she is freaking adorable)
    [---]
    [Deleted User]IshinTragerTeaniEmelleAshmerRivas