Memories and Forgets 1

As Gwenith was my first character in Aetolia I made her an amnesiac to explain why I had no memory of any of the canon. Gods, cities, classes - absolutely no memory of what and who they were. Trying to remember who she was has been a driving theme which has resulted in some interesting roleplay but this is the first time someone has entered her mind while trying to do something about it.

It's a bit rough, but I hope you still enjoy.

----------------------------------------------
Hallowed Hunter, Ranger Kaestrin Silverain the Primal says to you, "This is the first time I've tried anything like this. I'd suggest somewhere quiet and familiar where you can relax."

You bite down on your bottom lip, obviously troubled.

Kaestrin tilts his head curiously at you.

You say, "I don't really have a place of my own like that."

Hallowed Hunter, Ranger Kaestrin Silverain the Primal says, "I don't know how comfortable ya feel 'round my haven, but it's open if ya'd like."

With a sad smile, you say, "It's probably the place I feel safest, yeah."

Kaestrin smiles softly, stepping in close to you and taking your hands. "Thank you.. I'm glad ya see it as such."

Kaestrin beckons you to him.

Hallowed Hunter, Ranger Kaestrin Silverain the Primal asks, "Is ... now ok? Or would ya rather have a few months to think about it?"

You begin to follow Kaestrin.

Taking a steadying breath, you say, "Now is okay, I mean.. I don't want to waste your time."

Kaestrin murmurs to you, "Time with ya is never a waste."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

You nod your head emphatically.

Kaestrin beams broadly.

You murmur to Kaestrin, "Thank you."

Hallowed Hunter, Ranger Kaestrin Silverain the Primal says, "'s my pleasure."

Kaestrin closes his eyes and begins to focus.

You follow Kaestrin to the ether.
Atop a wide, wind swept plateau overlooking an ocean (31046) - The Havens (Unmapped)
A comforting feeling of privacy pervades the area. Quilted cotton enfolds in sunny hues between two oaken logs to a cushy hammock.
You see exits leading north, west, and northwest.

Hallowed Hunter, Ranger Kaestrin Silverain the Primal says, "Anywhere particular?"

You have emoted: Gwenith worries her bottom lip with her teeth, gazing around the familiar setting, "No, uh.. I guess here is fine."

Kaestrin lifts one hand to gently stroke your hair back, the other, he places under your chin to tilt your head up to look into his calm, reassuring gaze. "It's ok, hon. Nothin' to worry 'bout." the Idreth murmurs softly.

Gwenith can't meet your gaze, her eyes drifting down and closing as her hands move to grip Kaestrin's wrist. "I just, do I have to wake up from this dream to walk in another?"

A gentle wave of soothing energy brushes against your mind, easing your trepidation.

Kaestrin gives you a soft smile, shaking his head and softly saying. "No, this is all from your mind, your creation, the dream will follow your will, though it may not seem clear, or even recognizable at times, like looking through the bottom of a dirty mug."

Gwenith gives a dull nod of her head, her grip on Kaestrin's wrist loosening as she leans forward to lean her forehead on his shoulder. "Okay, I trust you. It's just as easy as going to sleep, right?"

Nodding his head, Kaestrin softly answers affirmatively. He leads you over to a cushy quilted hammock and holds it steady for you to climb into. "If you'd like, I can lay down with you."

"Oh, I kind of assumed that you would be anyway," Gwenith murmurs with a measure of disappointment as she separates herself from Kaestrin and does her best to gracefully climb into the hammock. "I mean, I would very much like that. Are you going to be dreaming as well?"

"I certainly wish to, but would leave ya the option if in case ya didn't want me to." Kaestrin utters softly, carefully climbing into the hammock and stretching out beside you with an arm safely around you. "I won't be asleep, but I will be in your mind, and thus dreaming with you, but I'll remain more or less aware of the waking world."

Gwenith nods against Kaestrin's chest, her lips rubbing together before she glances up to him. "This is the part were I go to sleep, right?"

Kaestrin can't help but smile broadly at that, quickly saying to you, "[Redacted]." he pauses then and in a serious tone answers, "Yes, that should certainly get us rolling."

Kaestrin leans in against you, murmuring soft, soothing words in your ear. "Sleep, Gwen. I am right beside you. Think back to when you came to the council, and the time before, if you can."

Slowly shifting clouds hide much of the foliage from the light of the glowing moon.

Gwenith burst out laughing, the tension in her frame melting further away as she places a kiss on Kaestrin's chest. It takes some time for her to fall asleep, giving the Idreth the occassional squeeze and kiss as she drifts into her slumber. At first, nothing seems to happen. The girl simply sleeps contentedly as the waves crash against the beach and the light breeze carries the scent of wildflowers across the plateau but as silent and subtle as a thief an insidious mood falls on the peaceful scene. Small at first, circles of inky film begin to seep through the flowers, on the sea and in the white sand.

Kaestrin returns your affections in softening degrees as you begin to drift to sleep. The Idreth maintains a slow monologue of nothing in particular, his voice slightly deeper, more readily noticed, and acting as an anchor for you.

The inky films grow, bulging out of the ground as Gwenith sleeps quietly against Kaestrin's body. The surfaces of the growing orbs shine like liquid under the moon's silver light, contrasting the black, unreflecting depths within the growing orbs. As light as a feather they lift from the ground, floating upwards like morbid bubbles to hang oppressively in the night sky as they absorb the sounds of the wind and waves. "Pick one." Unnoticed before, a young Mhun woman stands on the white sands of the beach, her image wavering and flickering like a candle, her features only hinted at in her uncertain dance but one thing remains obvious : Her left arm and part of her neck is missing, but there is no stump or wound. It has merely looks as if she was made of paper and the limb has been removed with a blade.

Kaestrin's brows crease in a minute frown as he glances around a moment before addressing the Mhun. "What are they, that ya'd have -me- choose..." his confidence wavering at being addressed where he should be the one watching as if apart.

"They are forgets and memories," the woman stretches her lone arm out to one of the obsidian orbs, her fingertips not even an inch from the surface but no reflection reaches back to her. "This one here? This is a forget, but since I have forgotten it, I can't enter it by myself. I tried once and I forgot who I was. If I break a forget, then I have to make another one to replace it you see? I need you to break them for me so I don't have to make any more forgets or else..." The woman takes a step closer to the orb, her fingertips a hairs width away from the surface of the bubble while Gwenith's breathing takes on an alarming shallowness.

"Yes!! Yes, I see.." Kaestrin calls out quickly to halt the woman. He swallows and wets his lips in slight indecision before asking. "And the memories? They, I assume, I must keep whole?"

The woman withdraws her arm from the bubble and Gwenith's breathing returns to its steady, deep rhythm. "The memories are much easier," the Mhun admits as as she begins to walk towards the hammock, her arm reaching out to each of the back orbs as she passes them. One causes her pause and a smile flickers on her lips as she dwells on it for a moment before passing it by. "You can't really break them, but in saying that you can alter them. Best not to do that."

Kaestrin nods slowly and reluctantly steps out of the hammock, his gaze remains locked on Gwenith, gauging her reactions as he approaches the first 'forget' but directing his words to the Mhun. "I will help destroy them, -if- no harm, physical or mental, will come to her."

The Mhun's eyes follow Kaestrin's gaze to Gwenith asleep in the hammock before murmuring a amused 'huh' to herself with a grin. Her shoulders shrug as she moves to meet with Kaestrin at his first choice. "I can't guarantee anything. I've never done this before."

Clearly less than pleased, Kaestrin grunts his understanding and stands resolved, nodding to the Mhun and muttering to her, "Then let us begin, what do I need to do?" The Idreth keeps a reasonable margin between himself and the dull black substance nearest him.

"Just touch it," The mhun smiles before her form gives a strong, distorting flicker. "You'll see Gwenith on the other side."

Kaestrin nods shortly, and reaches a hand out to touch the surface, tensing almost imperceptibly as his hand comes into contact with it.

"Ready?" The voice is deep, thrumming through the wings on your back as two strong arms hold you close to the source's chest. In an instance information floods your senses and though you don't know how you got there you know how perilous the situation as you see your tiny legs dangling high above crashing ocean waves. "No, not yet.." The voice comes out of your own mouth but the childish femininity of it sounds alien to your ears. "To bad," The taunt takes on a terrifyingly callous edge as the arms release you, sending the child Gwenith and yourself plummeting into through the air in paralysing fear.

Kaestrin draws a breath, about to cry out in sudden mind numbing fear. Falling and twisting through the air, the Idreth attempts to stretch out his wings and save himself from the abrupt and sudden stop at the end of the rapid descent. As they fail to respond to his call to action, he realizes he must be a bystander and quickly searches the surroundings, attempting to glean some information.

The air pummels the immature, untrained flesh of Gwenith as she falls for what seems like an eternity. Her small wings flap in earnest as she tries to slow herself, her heart racing with desperation as her body kicks into action. Her efforts are for naught though, only
managing to roll herself over so her chubby hands can grope futilely at the shrinking figure silhouetted in the light of the moon. A glimpse is caught out of the corner of her eye as she finally meets the end of her fall: the tall dark cliffs recognisable as Tasur'ke in the distance before the unbeleiveable pain of that must come at the end of a fall. Her back crashes into the freezing ocean waters, the force breaking the fragile bones in her wings and tearing her wine-red feathers out. Another panic wells up in her chest as more information reveals itself : The child cannot swim.

In a sudden panic of his own, Kaestrin begins throwing blocks up around your mind, isolating it completely except for single avenue, which leads to his own mind. The Idreth suppresses his own fears of the memory to supply a calming escape from what took place. Slowly he draws your mind across the link and out of the terrors of the dream, breathing heavily.

Gwenith stirs against Kaestrin in the hammock, waking up slowly before murmuring,
"I'm sorry you had to see that..."

Kaestrin stares implacably at you.

Kaestrin tenderly and lightly strokes your cheek.

Kaestrin murmurs to you, "I'm sorry you went through that..."

Politics
TragerIanea

Comments

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I love hypnosis/mind walking RP so-so-so-so much, and really enjoyed this log. Great job to the both of you, hoping to see moarrrr.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.