City Stockpiles!

StathanStathan Hot springs
ANNOUNCE NEWS #2301
Date: 8/22/2014 at 4:12
To : Everyone
Subj: City stockpiles

Hello everybody!

I'm pleased to introduce a nifty new feature for cities: city stockpiles.

With this addition, cities may store things like chalices, or other items they'd like to
keep securely in storage. Consider this somewhat like a bank, but for items!

The details:

- You must be a member of the city's ruling council to add/withdraw items from the
stockpile.

- You must be standing within the city's council room to add/withdraw items from the
stockpile.

- Adding/withdrawing items from the stockpile will add a log to the city's logs indicating
such.

- The stockpile is for all intents and purposes a stockroom - items that will not decay
within a stockroom will not decay in the stockpile either. The inverse here obviously
applies as well.

- STOCKPILE on its own will list the relevant commands to utilize.

If anything funky pops up as a result, please send me a message directly so that I can get
it properly worked out!

Penned by my hand on the 7th of Slyphian, in the year 427 MA.

Whee, so much awesome.
ArekaIshinJayce

Comments

• I derped a bit and had the syntax set to gods only, so if you've tried it in the last few minutes and received an error message, that should be fixed now.

StathanJayceTrager
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    That's pretty cool, man.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Trager
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    I love our coders so much right now.
    Trager
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Could deposits to be changed to all citizens and maybe let people do it from a central spot (IG, 4c) so we can then use them as a donation collection? Having it set only to government means I still need to run in myself and get stuff and then go to the council chambers.
    Nola
  • edited August 2014
    Could we get something similiar for guilds * @Oleis? It'd be nice to have a single location for any prizes or donations towards a reward system, instead of it being out or cluttering up leader's inv.
    MoireanArekaJamiCiarelle
    I can't seem to make them work.
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Specifically!

stockpile add piece35669
    That is an invalid item. Hint: Make sure you're referencing the item by its ID number.

You need to use stockpile add 1234. No word. The bug with the Spinesreach one was fixed.
    I still really wish normal citizens could put items in. Being able to store stuff for council is ok, I guess, but I would be way more interested in people being able to donate things without me having to physically come collect them (it's super tiring). There's no way to donate comms, items for a shop, etc currently and this seems like the perfect way to fix that.

Also, this is just personal, but having number dyslexia and having to refer to everything by number instead of name is hard and makes it more tedious.
    Ishin
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    AHA! It worked with just the number, thank you.

Maybe it can be a city rank addition. Cityrank 4 and up can place items into the stockpile, only council can remove them.