Sorry

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
edited August 2014 in OOC Chat
I've been going through a lot of really hard stuff lately and I've slipped back into bad habits, noticeably my inclination towards heavy drinking. I am really sorry to everyone for the drama, stress and grief my intoxicated play has caused. This is a personal demon I've struggled with for a while and one that I will continue to work on; I've hit a point where I have to change, and I am doubly determined to tackle my issues.

In addition, due to some recent developments I may not be around as much for a span while I sort things out. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Message me and I will get back to you.
TragerRiluoSlypheIlyonSolariaPiperJensen

Comments

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Focus on you Moi and do not stress, you are a good person. We all must fall to grow and I know as I have been sober for 10 years.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

TragerSlypheXeniaOmeiTeaniSetneSolariaPiperKaleigh
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    You know how to find me if you need me, as I have told you many times Moi. We like driven and cheerful Moi, and I can speak for many players when I say we have your back, Real life and Health will always be more important than a game.

Love you hun, just keep your chin up.
    MoireanRiluoTeani
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I go to a group each week. I think the most useful thing I've taken away is that substance use is not a binary thing, when it comes to risky use, but rather a scale sliding from use into abuse into addiction. Some people's personalities/genetics/childhoods make them more likely to skip right up into high abuse/addiction, while with other people it's a gradual creep, slowly edging up the scale or back down as they rein in their behavior.

Once you hit addiction, though, it doesn't go back, from what studies say. I'm not there, but I've skated close in the past, and have again recently. It helps, for me, being shown that scale - before I heard about that, I thought you were just an addict or not, and I knew I wasn't addicted so it was hard to really sit and look at my use in an honest way. Maybe other people will find that helpful, too.
    IshinElieEmelle
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I agree with what @Faerah said. I even mentioned in our Skype convo last night that I thought it was good that you could admit that. It's a hard thing to admit, even when it isn't about drinking problems. I know that after I came home, it literally took me at least two years or so before I'd admit I had issues, and more than that before I'd get seen for them.

I used to do a group thing too, at the VA up in Richmond, and that really helped me a lot with keeping calm and things like that. Just seeing I wasn't alone with my struggle was a big comfort. I hope that going helps you like it helped me, because it made a big difference for me.

<3
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanRiluoAarbrok