Sentinel Previews

2»

Comments

• Serrice said:
    Would these abilities be essential to our offense to the degree that losing them would make a Sentinel unviable? Say, in the unstable ground during a leyline?
    They will not be necessary for most fights, no. There's a lot of added utility from the abilities involved in Woodlore, and some abilities relating to ambushing that could be useful.

Kiyotan said:
    Are the changes to Woodlore going to necessitate a change to the artifact huntsman's pouch? 
    Possibly. We will cross that bridge when we get there!

• Sounds interesting. 

Though I must admit I am a bit worried about the overlay modifications too
  • To clarify a bit, our main issue with overlay isn't so much the afflictions provided that are being used, it's the sheer size of the pool itself. The important afflictions that we see Sentinels routinely using, and that are effective in their kill methods, will be sticking around in one fashion or another. As it stands, the class having access to venoms, overlays, and resins - each with unique effects and names - is a daunting prospect.

Seir
  • This is exciting.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Slyphe said:
    To clarify a bit, our main issue with overlay isn't so much the afflictions provided that are being used, it's the sheer size of the pool itself. The important afflictions that we see Sentinels routinely using, and that are effective in their kill methods, will be sticking around in one fashion or another. As it stands, the class having access to venoms, overlays, and resins - each with unique effects and names - is a daunting prospect.

That was basically my concern and it looks like it is being addressed. Thank you! Shrinking the overlay pool would likely be good in the long run since there are a great many that we do not use. It'd be nice to shrink it down for the effective ones like Hypo, Indifference, and Impatience.
  • edited December 2012
    Oh geez.
  • Will dwarf Sentinels automatically suffer penalties to combat, their love life, and their ability to spell?  
    MastemaLinHavenArbreAlaronXavin
  • We can only hope.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Haven
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited January 2013
    Ooh! How about an ability to move silently in outdoors areas, or at least in jungle, forest, plains and valleys?

Edit: I mean something like a variation on the Stalking racial, a conditional sort of stealth to compliment the Sentinel's ability to hide and lore of being a hunter at home stalking their prey in the wilds.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Slyphe said:

The legacy spear and axe weapons have been removed and their associated abilities merged into their current weapons.

So, does that mean that dhuriv trip will have the stun of woodlore trip?
  • Hey I have a question. Will artifact bows be able to shoot the Sentinel bolts?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    IIRC, no. In fact, from what I heard, Sentinel crossbows won't even be the same as the normal crossbow pattern we have currently.

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    WRISTBOWS