Shut the door behind you!

Posted at @edain's request.

Having quit Enorian after a fair bit of shouting and raging at the Gods (or more specifically, people and their blind faith to them), the inevitable call to meet with the boss man comes, and Rash goes to the GM's office.

Edain pauses mid-stride, his bright eyes affixed on you.

You have emoted: Rashar steps in uninvited, absently forgetting to close the door behind himself. He takes in Edain's pacing without expression, and his posture is relaxed as he slips his hands into his pockets. "Edain," he greets again.

Edain acknowledges you with a nod of his head.

Still looking at you, Edain says to you, "Not that I make a habit of getting angry with the Prelates, but do you mind telling me-."

You see Edain yell, "What in sight of HELL you were thinking?!"

You have emoted: Rashar tilts his head to the right, unfazed by the shout - or at least showing
nothing of it. His eyes, so often the color of clouds, seem to be stuck as pools of shadow as he
studies Edain. When he speaks, his words are offered in an almost mild rumble, "And whose words do you listen to, Edain? Whose 'truth'?" His lip curls, and only now does a tinge of something bitter slide into his expression. "What do you want from me, feller? I am no child, to be scolded by you."

When Edain begins to speak, it's with a quieter breath - a single word in, however, his tone turns to a shout once more.

You see Edain yell, "You sure as hell ACTED like one!"

You have emoted: Rashar's face twists, and he takes two quick steps to snarl down into Edain's face, "You know -NOTHING- of what occurred, save what you've been told!" His chest inflates, deflates and then inflates again as he works for calm. "This is a city full of fools, Edain. Blind fucking sheep, bleating out their acceptance of everything they're fed. Scavengers." The Yeleni's voice tilts up into a roar as he finishes,

You yell, "JACKALS!"

Edain seems about to shout again, but just snaps his jaw shut and gestures stiffly before pacing
towards the huge desk.

In a few strides, Edain circles the desk and drops heavily into the oversized leather chair behind
it. He folds both hands beneath his jaw, and after a slow, ragged breath, looks directly at you. "I
want to hear it from you."

You have emoted: "I tire of it," Rashar replies simply. "What is the Beacon, Edain? The plaything of the Gods? A club, to be wielded by whichever one of them happens to flap the loudest at any given moment?" The fingers of his left hand curl, and those artificial talons dig into flesh with a
welling of bright crimson. "All the freedom you want, so long as you're waving a stick about and
making noise about the Light, or the Crusade, or serving one of Them." His voice dips down, forming an edge. "Nola has served the Beacon for longer than both of us have been alive, and then some. Who in the -fuck- are these self-righteous fools that crawl up from the soilworks with their pitchforks and their jugs of half-cocked whiskey, eager for a lynching? Men, women who do -NOTHING-, and they're afforded more respect than everyone else because they're loud with their devotion."

Edain listens quietly, his bright gaze affixed intently on you. "They're people with faith and
people with faults. I read Nola's thing."

Without giving you a chance to reply, Edain says to you, "What are you going to do now?"

You have emoted: "I am going to take Mersalis' head," Rashar replies easily, "For his disrespect of Nola, and for his disrespect of me." Extending his arm, he uncurls that fist and waves towards the window. "And maybe Fliennad's, if he doesn't learn to stop insulting my heart." His hand drops, and he shrugs dismissively. "Beyond that? I don't know, Edain. I'm certainly not going to stay here and try to make changes within a pool of fellers that don't give a shit about anything but clapping hands after their sermons." The bare-chested man takes half a step back and turns slightly, as if he might leave. "And I'm certainly not going to sit by idly and watch fellers pile on Nola like she is some kind of villain for daring to speak the truth."

Edain deflates visibly, his shoulders drooping. He nods, then again after a brief pause. "Alright.
You're no longer a Luminary."

You have emoted: Rashar inclines his head once, and though he seems far from stricken, there is a distinct look of disappointment that shows itself in his visage. "Understood," he rumbles simply. "It would be difficult for you anyway - though I would continue to serve, the words of my protesters would likely be louder." With that, he turns and steps quietly back through the door.

Edain yells, "And shut the door behind you!"

You yell, "I am certain you'll have no trouble finding one of the sheep to shut it for you, Edain.
Just call it the wish of the Gods."

Edain Tenor has ejected you from the Luminaries.
SolariaAryanneTeaniStathanMoireanJayceIshinHavenNola

Comments