A brief Dominion ball - Doppies are insane

SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
edited July 2014 in Roleplay Logs
This happened just about a hour or two ago now. Figured I'd get the log up quickly. I looked at several people, but not all. Sorry!

Note: Thanks to @Leau, @Carivah, @Ezalor, @Eliser, @Winterlynn, @Maerek, and @Aynat all for attending.

Solaria:
She is a typical Azudim vampire. She stands at a height of roughly seven feet from head to toe. Her scales are an emerald tone that shimmers brightly in the slightest of light, similar to her Xorani heritage. Her skull is slightly triangular, a pair of small holes resting on either side to serve as ears. Accenting in two thin lines across her skull are sharply pointed horns, each increasing in size up until they stop just at the earholes within her skull. Below these rows leads to a defined brow, accented with smaller horns at either side of her face. The brow is set above her eyes which are of a matching emerald hue to her scales. They are oval-shaped with blue scales lining about the edges. Her snout is short and rounded with two small slots for nostrils in the center. Her lips curl up on the ends, the blue of them seeming to shimmer softly when light hits them. Two long fangs hang down from either side of her mouth, pearly white in hue as if freshly cleaned. Her neck is slender, accented by a well-defined collar bone. Settling around the base of it is a deeply set scar, as if glass ripped through her flesh. The edges of it are burned slightly and various runes carved into her flesh there. From time to time blood seeps heavily out of it, seeping down across her chest. Her shoulders have a small span enough to spare room for her arms which are small but well-toned. Between her shoulders, at her back, are a pair of ethereal grey wings. From time to time, they seem to fade out of view before re-appearing. They are rather small compared to the rest of her height, only stretching down to the middle of her back. Every curve of her body is very shapely and feminine, from every inch of her chest to her hips and legs. A long tail drags along behind her, swaying back and forth as she moves. She walks with the blessing of Iosyne.

(worn on the feet) : cobalt silk and gold wedge-heeled shoes
(worn on head) : a cobalt glass and gold circlet
(covering the body) : a cobalt velvet and gold-accented gown

--- A tremendous ballroom -------- 6:8:-2 ---
A formal black and crystal chandelier hangs from the lofty ceiling, its crystal facets capturing the candlelight dazzlingly. An imperious hemic savant is here, leaning upon her scythe. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. The ballroom is awash in romantic candlelight from the suspended chandelier.
You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.

-waiting around-

Maerek arrives from the southwest.

Maerek:

He is a powerful Human vampire and is tall, around 6'7 in height but thin in stature, though not weak by any means. Quiet muscles lie beneath his pale exterior which is liberally dusted with fading scars and still red cuts, primarily on his arms and torso. His coarse dark hair is about chin length a shade or two too brown from black. Intense eyes of icy blue sit beneath eyebrows of medium thickness. Lips that are slightly too full add a touch of feminity to his otherwise masculine physique.

(On his back) : an onyx-black pack
(Hanging over his vest) : a pendant of twisted jade
(Securing his boutonniere) : a penannular brooch inlaid with jade
(Framing his body) : an extra-long black leather frock coat
(On his legs) : crisp trousers of lightweight linen
(Buttoned all the way up) : a high-collared double-breasted jeweled vest
(In his ear) : an elegant, but masculine, emerald earring
(Tied smartly around his neck) : an emerald silk cravat
(Mostly hidden beneath his vest) : a loose, masculine shirt of black silk
(Concealing his features) : an elegant, yet simplistic, bottle-green mask
(Pinned carefully) : a bold, snow-white orchid boutonniere
(On his head) : an elegant silken fedora of bottle-green
(Covering his hands) : skin-tight black leather gloves

You incline your head politely to Maerek.

Maerek regards you with a slight bow.

Maerek says, "Lady Bahir'an."

You smile and say, "Lord Ve'kahi."

Carivah says, "Technically early, if only just."

Carivah smiles at you.

You smile wryly.

You say to Carivah, "I've been watching the grounds, mostly. Making sure if I needed to do any final things."

Carivah inclines her head politely to Maerek.

A distant keening howl seizes your attention, and you stop to listen. It is the sound of some creature, somewhere, experiencing inutterable sorrow. A chill ripples down your spine as the sound trails off, but you remember...

(Imperial Dominion): You say, "Alright, we will get started here shortly. If you wish to attend the ball, please make your way to the ballroom in Alcazar."

Carivah winces in pain.

Carivah says to Winterlynn, "I didn't realize we were separated."

You have emoted: Solaria clasps her hands together behind her back, holding the Sceptre of the El'jaziran Warlord carefully as she does so.

You purse your lips, deep in thought.

You say to Carivah, "When we get started, I'll go to have the piano-player start a tune."

Winterlynn says to Carivah, "An enforcer of Nebre'seir didn't like me."

You smile wryly at Winterlynn.

Maerek asks, "No?"

You tell Aynat, "Coming, yes?"

Aynat tells you, "Be there in a moment."

You say to Carivah, "You have the drinks, yes?"

Carivah nods her head emphatically.

You nod your head at Carivah.

Leau arrives from the southeast.

You say, "I'll have a few things to point out, before things get started, so I'll wait for a few more to gather."

You narrow your eyes at Leau.

Bending slightly at the waist, Maerek offers a bow.

You say to Leau, "Nearly late, childe."

Maerek says, "Returning momentarily."

Maerek leaves to the southeast.

Leau:
He is a powerful Xoran vampire who stands relatively tall for his race. His scales seem nearly pitch, however when the light hits him just right, it reveals a blue hue to the dark scales. His eyes stand out, a bright woad blue which haven't changed despite his undead state. Wirey isn't a term that would describe him well. The large reptilian male while large in size seems to be just that his body isn't overly muscular despite his powerful build. Upon his crown he sports horns rather then hair. They don't protrude too far, they stagger themselves anywhere from an inch to an inch and a half as they cover the majority of his crown evenly spaced in a spiral fashion. The all seem to lean towards a few central horns. All of which seem to be a different shade of gray. He walks with the blessing of Iosyne.

(covering the torso) : a gentleman's waistcoat
(worn on the legs) : pinstriped smoke and woad-blue trousers
(covering the torso) : a simple woad-blue undershirt
(worn on head) : a dapper smoke top hat
(slung over a shoulder) : an elegant smoke satin drawstring bag
(wrapped around the waist) : a woad-blue silk sash weaponbelt
(covering the body) : a suit of scale mail
(perched on the ear) : a clinging spider earring
(worn on the ears) : 2 silver stud earrings
(worn on a finger) : 4 obsidian rings

Leau bows deeply, "But I'm not Sire, I apologize if I made you think I would be." he says as he raises his head with a slight grin painting his features.

You have emoted: Solaria rolls her eyes, simply holding her head up high, "Whichever, whichever. We'll speak on it later."

Carivah regards Leau casually. "He bows well, at least," she says to you.

A beam of prismatic light suddenly shoots into the room.

Infin arrives from the southwest.

Infin bows respectfully.

You incline your head politely to Infin.

Ezalor suddenly appears, having travelled down the beam of prismatic light.
He is followed by Ezalor and a bloodleech.

Carivah inclines her head politely to Infin.

You smile and say to Ezalor, "Keeper..that was a bit lazy."

Carivah gives Ezalor a respectful salute.

Aynat tells you, "Ah, Mordocai is still slumbering..."

You tell Aynat, "Aye..well, you have Leau and I."

Aynat tells you, "Where exactly is the ball room? I will look around..."

Ezalor lands heavily on his feet, the casual way he straightens out his outfit the very definition of the accusation leveled upon him. "It's a stylish entrance," he says, finished with his preening.

Aynat arrives from the southeast.

Aynat performs a graceful curtsey.

You have emoted: Solaria lets out a faint chuckle and a simple roll of her shoulders before offering a curtsey towards Ezalor, "Always a pleasure, regardless. Glad you could make it."

You smile at Aynat.

You say to Aynat, "Good to see you, childe."

(Imperial Dominion): You say, "Any others for the ball?"

Eliser enters from the southwest following Maerek.

Aynat smiles at you.

Aynat says to you, "Greetings, my sire."

Carivah hides a smile behind her mouth, taking Winterlynn softly by the arm. "Welcome, everyone," she says. "We'll begin shortly, and at that point we will officially switch from people being fashionably early to fashionably late."

You have emoted: Solaria nods her head towards Carivah as she strums her fingers against the other hand, "People do like to be fashionably late."

You say to Carivah, "We may just want to get started as we are."

Carivah claps her hands, making things official.

Leau looks between Solaria and Aynat, and opens his mouth as if to say something. However he promptly shuts it and rolls his shoulders as he moves deeper into the ballroom as things get underway, officially.

You have emoted: Solaria brings her hands to rest back at her side, quietly striding over to stand next to Carivah - waiting and smiling towards the crowd.

Carivah inclines her head to all assembled. "Welcome, guests, and thank you for coming. Before the music starts, I want to thank two people for bringing us together." She turns towards Ezalor, giving a formal salute with her arm. "Of course, our Keeper, for bringing us all together." She allows an appropriate moment before continuing. "And Solaria, who has been diligent in making this happen. I believe you have some words?" she asks you, taking a half-step back to let you speak.

Maerek stands over near Eliser, his attention on Carivah and you for the moment.

You have emoted: Solaria nods her head to Carivah and steps forward, lifting her chin up and offering a broad smile to the crowd, "Welcome, welcome, everyone." Bringing both of her hands together behind her back, she continues, "I wanted to just say that I am glad to see all of you. Carivah here will have drinks, and if you need blood..well.." Her lips curl into a wry grin, "There are fresh concubines scattered about nearby, from El'Jazira, waiting for you to take a taste. Besides that, please enjoy the music and dance." With that, she steps back and returns the floor to Carivah.

Carivah nods, stepping forward again. "There will certainly be new faces here for all of us, people you have never met before. Please, enjoy yourselves and get to know each other. In addition to the concubines, we have a variety of spirits provided by House Ve'kahi." She holds out her hand, indicating Eliser. "Those who are interested, tell me discretely, and I will whisper you the menu." Her hands cross in front of her lap again as she smiles. "I believe that's all the front matter we need. I hereby give up the floor. It belongs to all of you, now."

You say, "I will go tell the pianist to begin."

You greet an elegant Consanguine woman with a sincere smile.
An elegant Consanguine woman dips her head in a polite bow to you. "Hello, Overlord. You wouldn't happen to enjoy piano music, would you? I play a little, myself."
[*] (say) What do you do here?

You say, "What do you do here?"

An elegant Consanguine woman offers a shrug of her petite shoulders, her lower lip sticking out a little with the expression. "I dance, sometimes, when I feel like it, though usually it's difficult to find a suitable partner. I like this piano, too."
[*] (say) Do you play piano?

You say, "Do you play piano?"

An elegant Consanguine woman nods her head at you.
An elegant Consanguine woman says, "Would you like to hear me play, or were you just making conversation?"
[*] (say) I would like to hear you play.

You say, "I would like to hear you play."

"All right," an elegant Consanguine woman accedes, sweeping her hands over her skirt in order to sit primly on the piano bench. She takes a moment to adjust her seating, aligning her slender fingers along the piano's ivory keys, and taking in a deep breath.

A soft, subdued prelude is heard coming from the direction of the grand piano. Barely audible, a quiet and deep melody is heard entering the ballroom.

You have emoted: Solaria urges the crowd forward with her hands, "Dance, dance! Mingle, talk, enjoy!"

A higher-pitched melody drifts in from the other room, ruminating on a familiar set of chords with occasional changes in key.

Winterlynn smiles at Carivah.

Maerek offers a hand to Eliser, inclining his head towards the dance floor.

The tempo of the piano music slows, drifting into a different sound altogether. The keys are a light and careful flirtation with sound, volume dipping in its intensity and occasionally peaking every so often.

Leau has managed to find himself a drink, he swirls the contents in the glass before breathing it in his back to a wall his eyes on the crowd before he raises that glass to his lips.

The piano melody picks up its pace, dangling along the higher notes playfully, with the solemn but lightweight chords anchored by the supporting left hand notes.

Carivah sips from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal full of Ephemeral Dance.

Winterlynn sips from a dragonskin flask covered in emerald scales overflowing with Dragon's Blood.

You have emoted: Solaria takes a step back from Carivah, glancing over her shoulder towards Leau and giving a discrete nod of her head.

The melody dances rapidly, trilling down from the upper ranges and descending into the deep bass notes. The darker tones thunder ominously with the aid of the damper petal, their volume filling the entire ballroom.

Eliser catches Maerek's gesture out of the corner of one eye; he huffs, smiles faintly, and leads him closer to the main floor.

Carivah holds up a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal of Ephemeral Dance carefully, supporting her elbow with her free hand. She hums along with the piano slightly, but steps back from the dance floor, closer to the walls.

You tell Carivah, "Might want to set some out for those who just wish to take one and drink. Or offer one directly to the Keeper."

The heavy chords resound throughout the chamber, delving into the lowest notes on the scale before slowing down to an abrupt halt, followed by a small silence.

You have emoted: Solaria walks over to Carivah, holding a hand out as she says, "Actually, I just will take one of anything you have. Been a while since I had a drink."

Carivah's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Aynat thanks Carivah sincerely.

Carivah gives a carved flagon to you.

The finality of those final few chords have scarcely finished echoing throughout the ballroom, when the final few notes of the piece are resumed. Merely a familiar remnant of earlier phrases, the soft chords are played with hushed urgency, replacing dramatics with the subtle pressure earned by repetitive notes.

"Something smooth, then," Carivah says to you.

You have emoted: Solaria holds the flag up, stating, "Cheers." before taking a sip from it.

You sip from a carved flagon full of smooth honey mead.

Aynat sips from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal full of Ephemeral Dance.

Ezalor's eyes sweep across the room, his hands sinking into his pants pockets. The large vampire saunters over to Carivah, flashing her a broad smile. His hands extract themselves from his pockets as he sinks into a sweeping bow, encompassing both Carivah and you, its exaggerated motion barely avoiding the edge of absurdity, before tilting his head slightly towards Carivah's ear.

You say, "Mm..aye, quite smooth."

Ezalor murmurs something softly to Carivah.

Carivah's eyes sparkle with amusement.

After a spell, the music transitions from the soft chords to an ascending ditty, both melody and harmony working in tandem to bring resolution to the musical score. With a final, emphatic chord, the piano goes silent.

Maerek grins and follows along easily, settling a hand to Eliser's waist and shoulder.

You say, "She does not play very long.."

You have emoted: Solaria steps out once again.

-exits and returns again-

Carivah busies herself arranging glasses to the side of the room, for anyone to take and sample.

A soft, subdued prelude is heard coming from the direction of the grand piano. Barely audible, a quiet and deep melody is heard entering the ballroom.

You have emoted: Solaria settles in nearby a wall to Carivah, leaning back against it.

Carivah smiles at you.

Carivah murmurs to you, "It's going well enough."

Ezalor sips from a dark, heavy flask of marble overflowing with darkly glittering Emerald Fire.

You sip from a carved flagon of smooth honey mead.

A higher-pitched melody drifts in from the other room, ruminating on a familiar set of chords with occasional changes in key.

Carivah murmurs something softly to Winterlynn.

You have emoted: Solaria purses her lips in thought as she pushes away from the wall, striding over to Aynat. She offers her hand to her and states, "Care to dance, my dear? We match, after all."

Aynat:
She is an adaptive Kelki vampire of very young looks. Closely resembling a sheaf of dried seaweeds, her hair is loosely tied aback, a few strands remaining to brush against the sides of her paly face. It is unevenly covered with tiny, discolored flakes and stands out with a set of dreary, yet comely eyes. Of an average height, she has a slenderly built corpse, with long and graceful limbs.

(worn on head) : a lilac glass and gold circlet
(perched on the left ear) : a clinging spider earring
(around the neck) : a lunar eclipse medallion
(covering the body) : a lilac velvet and gold-accented gown
(worn on the feet) : lilac silk and gold wedge-heeled shoes

Aynat smiles at you.

The tempo of the piano music slows, drifting into a different sound altogether. The keys are a light and careful flirtation with sound, volume dipping in its intensity and occasionally peaking every so often.

Leau picks up a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal.

The piano melody picks up its pace, dangling along the higher notes playfully, with the solemn but lightweight chords anchored by the supporting left hand notes.

Maerek winces visibly against some strong pain.

Infin picks up a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal.

Leau sips from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal full of Ephemeral Dance.

Eliser hesitates a moment, simply listening, and then leads evenly, studiously, keeping to a fixed area off to one side.

Infin sips from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal full of Ephemeral Dance.

Aynat takes your hand, smiling faintly. "Of course, why not," she says.

The melody dances rapidly, trilling down from the upper ranges and descending into the deep bass notes. The darker tones thunder ominously with the aid of the damper petal, their volume filling the entire ballroom.

Carivah says to Maerek, "I'm glad you got him on the floor."

Carivah's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Carivah she inclines her head to Maerek. "Speaking of people we haven't met."

The heavy chords resound throughout the chamber, delving into the lowest notes on the scale before slowing down to an abrupt halt, followed by a small silence.

You have emoted: Solaria drags Aynat in close to her body, resting a hand on her hip and bringing her hand to rest on Solaria 's shoulder. Solaria takes the lead, dragging Aynat quickly about the dance floor in an elegantly flowing waltz. She hums a tune all the while, as if to some song in her head.

Maerek raising his hand to his chest, a strained expression crossing his face.

The finality of those final few chords have scarcely finished echoing throughout the ballroom, when the final few notes of the piece are resumed. Merely a familiar remnant of earlier phrases, the soft chords are played with hushed urgency, replacing dramatics with the subtle pressure earned by repetitive notes.

You tell Ezalor, "Should dance with Leau like you did with Exayne. It was -quite- the funny thing to see."

After a spell, the music transitions from the soft chords to an ascending ditty, both melody and harmony working in tandem to bring resolution to the musical score. With a final, emphatic chord, the piano goes silent.

Ezalor's attention finally rises from the depths of his flask, his eyes focusing on Maerek. "Is there something in there trying to get out?" he asks, his attempt at a concerned tone botched by the way the beginnings of a smile stretch the jagged streaks of blood coating his face.

You tell Carivah, "Your turn! Southeastwards is the consanguine that plays."

You have emoted: Solaria glances over her shoulder at Carivah, flashing a broad smile towards her for a moment.

Maerek dances with Eliser, following his lead with skilled steps, continuing to dance through the song switch, his attention pretty exclusively on Eliser.

You plant the image into the mind of Leau:
You feel a cold chill nearby, as if you can sense some sort of frustration in the air.

Carivah sips from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal of Ephemeral Dance.

Ezalor tells you, "He might not survive."

You tell Ezalor, "This is true, Keeper. Very true."

Eliser murmurs something softly to Maerek.

You murmur to Aynat, "Ready for a break, dear? I don't want to dance your feet off too much."

"The pianist is quite good, actually," Carivah says to Ezalor. "I'm glad we have her."

Leau watches people breaking off into their dance partners while others chat. He looks down into his glass and sighs as he pushes off the wall and starts to mingle a bit. Trying his best to keep his tail more or less out of the way as he wanders about.

Aynat murmurs to you, "Yes, let's take a break..."

You have emoted: Solaria nods her head towards Aynat, pulling away from her and offering a curtsey at the end of the dance, "Thank you, my childe, for the lovely dance." With that, she walks back towards Carivah and grabs the flagon she had left behind.

Carivah nods at you, flashing a smile in Aynat's direction.

Ezalor tilts an ear to catch the wafting melody, his eyes closing for a second as he hums along for a few notes - albeit horribly out of tune. "Indeed," he replies after a moment, his eyes opening to settle upon Carivah. "The way she hits those keys. Exquisite," he ends unconvincingly, quite obviously out of his depth here.

You feel the cold embrace you from behind, whispering into your ear, "You were supposed to be my date. Glad to see you are finally mingling."

Carivah turns her smile back towards Ezalor as he answers. "Finding the right staff is important," she notes. "Though I'm still not sure how I feel about the comedian."

You have emoted: Solaria chuckles towards Ezalor, closing her eyes as she listens to the music, "I should have brought my violin..I'll have to let you hear it sometime."

Maerek leans into whisper back to Eliser as they dance.

Maerek murmurs something softly to Eliser.

You say to Carivah, "The comedian is lacking, really. Probably should be hung and quartered."

Aynat walks to the wall, standing next to Leau.

Carivah says to you, "Surely someone likes her."

You have emoted: Solaria slips out silently.

-we kept alternating, huzzah-

Infin sips from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal of Ephemeral Dance.

Aynat murmurs something softly to Leau.

You have emoted: Solaria settles back in close to Carivah with a shrug of her shoulders, "Perhaps, perhaps."

Aynat sips from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal of Ephemeral Dance.

Carivah holds her glass to her lips for a moment, changing the subject. "I'm glad your childer are here," she says to you, lowering her voice politely. "They do you credit. Aynat I know, but I haven't met the other."

You have emoted: Solaria waves her hand towards Leau, beckoning towards him, "This is my middle childe of the brood so far, Leau."

Some of the stiffness in Eliser's posture slowly subsides, though his paces remain far less fluid than his partner's graceful strides.

You have emoted: Solaria blinks a few times before she says, loud enough to go overtop of the piano, "By the way! We are planning a carnival, which we hope will be splendid. Make sure to see Carivah or myself if you wish to aid in the planning of it." Afterwards, with a sheepish grin, she settles back into silence.

"Middle of three?" Carivah guesses, tilting her head curiously.

You have emoted: Solaria nods her head at Carivah, "I have Aynat, my first, then him. Then Kraz. I have a Thrall still as well, but he's still very untrained."

Comprehension flashes across Carivah's face.

Leau tilts his head to meet Aynat's gaze and grins shaking his head. "Not at all." he assures her with a grin and as he's introduced and beckoned. "Apologies Your Imperial Grace." he says as he moves towards you. He approaches his sire and looks to the others near by offering regal practiced bow. "Yes I am the one affectionately dubbed him." he says with an impish tone, "A pleasure to make your acquaintance..." he trails off looking to his sire realizing he's not been introduced properly as yet.

You have emoted: Linking her arm with Leau's, Solaria steps in next to his side, "Leau, this is Carivah." escapes her as she waves a hand towards Carivah. After a moment, she inclines her head towards Ezalor, "And the Keeper, of course."

You plant the image into the mind of Aynat:
You feel a cold form behind you, whispering, "You can feel free to come over here with us. I don't mind my childer being closer, dear."

Carivah smiles at Leau, extending her hand in a masculine handshake. "Hello. I'm, let's see." She quickly goes over the peerage list, her eyes visibly thoughtful. "A Countess. That's right."

"We're acquainted," Ezalor replies, clapping Leau heavily on the shoulder. "Killing people together. There are few better ways to get to know someone."

Carivah nods her head at Ezalor.

You have emoted: Solaria nods her head simply towards Ezalor, "Aye, Keeper. Much agreed." She flashes Leau a broad smile, "I do enjoy fighting alongside him. Much bloodshed to be had."

Carivah clears her throat as she goes to resume the music.

Aynat moves toward you, standing closely next to her.

You smile at Carivah.

Leau chuckles grins impishly, "Aye I've had many a chance to bloody myself with the Keeper." He offers Ezalor a smile and a bow of his head. He grins at the handshake and returns it "A pleaure to meet you Lady Count." he offers to Carivah.

You say to Carivah, "Good for us to take turns. Keeps our legs busy."

Carivah nods her head at Leau.

The gentle sound of violins accompanies the melody of the piano, echoing through the chamber.

Carivah says to you, "Have to earn my salary somehow."

You have emoted: Solaria settles her head in against Leau's nearby shoulder, nodding her head at Carivah against it, "Aye, aye. You've been doing a fine job at that this year."

Ezalor walks over to stand directly in front of Carivah, his neck tilted slightly as he meets her eyes. "You'll be my first dance partner taller than me," he prompts, holding out a hand. At the same time, his doppleganger appears in a poof of smoke in front of Leau, an eerie smile on its face as it extends its hand in mimicked fashion, though no words escape it.

Carivah:
She is a typical Idreth vampire, standing at a towering eight feet. She bears the features of a magnified Kelki, most closely resembling a lionfish, her skin a display of hot, red tones, shimmering as if underwater with creamy white bands framing her face and traveling down her neck. At her temples are two large false-eye markings, with long spiny rays sprouting hair-like from the back of her head and the fins on her cheeks, with tapered strands along her neck reaching down to her collarbones. Her hair-fins seem to float as though submerged, even in the dry air. Within her mouth are two rows of slight, sharp eel's teeth, covered by a subtle baleen. Fused permanently into her neck is a wickedly glowing soulstone, veins of light-blue flickering along the skin of her throat, with her eyes occasionally flashing the same color.

(worked into the corsage) : a black rose
(matching her skin) : a golden, skeleton koi ring
(around one wrist) : a slender bracelet of garnet and platinum
(covering the body) : a long gown of sheer silvery voile
(draped around her shoulders) : a sheer shawl of golden voile
(adding to her height) : dainty, silver high-heel shoes
(visible through the shawl) : a bold golden topaz pendant
(drawing attention to her eyes) : an alabaster mask encrusted with jeweled embroidery
(dangling over her mask) : an elegant tikka of citrine and diamond
(holding the shawl in place) : a dark ribbon corsage with white orchids

Carivah blinks behind her mask, taking Ezalor's hand automatically. "Are you sure?" she asks. "I'm not very good at it. I don't want to injure your feet."

You have emoted: Solaria runs her free hand up to her lips, covering them as she tries to stifle back a laugh. She lets Leau loose, taking a step away and pushing him forward at the same time, "Cannot deny even the Keeper's minion there."

Aynat's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Ezalor leads Carivah out onto the dance floor, clicking his tongue as he settles into a waltz position with his taller partner. "Have you earn your salary somehow," he repeats wryly, dipping into a slow, steady set of movements.

Leau looks puzzled and back to you, "Our keeper is going to have every dancing partner to himself. Hardly seems fair." he drawls before his sire throws him under the bus for her amusement. He sighs and grins taking the doppleganger's hand. "Well This should be interesting. Hopefully you dance as good as or better then your counterpart." he says in an amused tone allowing himself a soft chuckle.

You tell Leau, "(( No such thing as buses here, dork :P ))"

Carivah nods to Ezalor, her arms around him as she tries to ignore anyone else in the room. After a first few halting steps, she falls into some sort of rhythm, allowing Ezalor to lead.

You have emoted: Solaria walks over to Aynat, linking her arm with her, "Well, I will just stand over here and watch."

You murmur to Aynat, "And try not to laugh."

Leau tells you, "(( erk should have said carriage >.< but it wasn't vocalized so not horrible. ))"

Winterlynn says, "Excuse me please."

In contrast to the real thing's slow movements, Ezalor's doppleganger unceremoniously grabs Leau, nearly hurling him towards the center of the dance floor. A cackle escapes it as it sweeps into a frenzied jig, nearly dragging the helpless Thrall along with its movements.

Aynat smiles at you.

Aynat murmurs to you, "I am sure Leau is a very good dancer. I only hope he doesn't step on his tail."

Maerek leads Eliser off the dance floor, wincing visibly at something as he walks, moving over to collect a couple glasses of a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal of Ephemeral Dance.

You snicker under your breath.

Maerek picks up a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal.

Maerek picks up a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal.

Maerek gives a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal to Eliser.

You murmur to Aynat, "We'll see, dear. He's got a lot to have to deal with right there."

Aynat chuckles at you.

Handing the second glace over to Eliser, Maerek says to Eliser, "Know it's weak, but--tastes good, anyway."

Maerek sips from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal full of Ephemeral Dance.

You have emoted: Solaria leans her weight slightly against Aynat, watching Leau with an amused grin.

Eliser eyes his glass a moment before taking a small sip. "If you say so."

Eliser sips from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal of Ephemeral Dance.

Tone curious, Maerek asks, "Do you not like chocolate and berries?"

Trying to hide her own amusement, Aynat watches Leau with an obvious interest.

Eliser says to Maerek, "Not especially."

Maerek says, "Ah. Fair. I like them well enough."

You murmur to Aynat, "I don't think he knows what to do.."

You feel a poke at your back, "Just going to let it jig around you, slowpoke?"

Leau is completely dragged around, he certainly didn't expect such a aggressive jig. The large xoran does little more then get pulled around comically as he tries to keep his tail from causing collateral damage.

Infin sips from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal of Ephemeral Dance.

You have emoted: Solaria lets out a breathless yawn, murmuring something to Aynat.

You murmur to Aynat, "Gets a little dreary when you just stand around, doesn't it?"

"Hello," Eliser says simply, half watching Leau crash around.

Aynat murmurs to you, "I am also not a good dancer, as you probably have noticed, but... look at him..."

Maerek raising his hand to his chest, a strained expression crossing his face.

You nod your head at Aynat.

Aynat murmurs to you, "I am a bit sad that Count Mordocai couldn't rise from his slumber..."

You draw your eyebrows downward and together in consternation.

You murmur to Aynat, "I'm sure it was not deliberate, dear."

Aynat nods her head at you.

Carivah murmurs to you, "About time to wind down?"

As the two clones' dances draw them close together, Ezalor abruptly loses his grip upon Carivah's waist with a twirl, sending her spinning. The doppleganger is less graceful; it simply picks Leau up with uncanny strength, hurling the man into the air. Ezalor catches Leau with a laugh, settling into a far less violent reprieve with the Xorani. The doppleganger,, on the other hand, catches the spinning Carivah and gets to work throwing down in an increasingly ridiculous set of movements.

Maerek nudges Eliser slightly, with a vague gesture.

Carivah puts her efforts into remaining on her feet, gripping at the Ezalor-double as she curses the height of her heels.

You have emoted: Solaria blinks a few times before nodding her head towards Carivah, then shamelessly laughs at her and Leau both. Pulling away from Aynat, she tries to cover her mouth with her hand to stifle the laughing before she says, "You all look so wonderfully graceful."

You tell Carivah, "You wind it down when you are ready, dear. I'm sure you want to pull away from the double."

Aynat nods her head at you, showing her acceptance.

Eliser finally leaves Maerek's side, wandering over to you and Aynat. He inclines his head briefly, politely. "Good evening."

You have emoted: Solaria smiles, inclining her head respectfully towards Eliser, "Nice to see you again, my lord."

Maerek simply remains where he was, an amused smile on his lips as he absently takes another sip of a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal of Ephemeral Dance.

Maerek drinks from a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal of Ephemeral Dance.

Eliser says to you, "Don't suppose I missed anything interesting."

Aynat inclines her head politely toward Eliser. "Good evening, my lord," she says with a faint smile on her face.

You say to Eliser, "Just the Keeper dragging Carivah around, and Leau..with his double. Was a bit amusing."

Leau chuckles softly as he is saved by Ezalor, "You certainly know how to entertain, Keeper." he shakes his head as he gets that reprieve. Having been man handled by the Doppleganger he has already resigned himself to a following role rather than a leading one. Despite all the pandamonium he seems in good spirits.

Carivah holds her partner's neck as she leans back to address the assembled. "I think we can all agree that the Keeper has been the most impressive dancer," she says, trying to wobble towards the edge of the dance floor. "Unless someone is quite certain they can outdo that, we will probably be drawing to a close with this finale."

You have emoted: Solaria shakes her head, "I certainly am beat." Giving Aynat's arm a friendly squeeze, "My childe here was a lovely enough dancer for me this month."

Maerek raises an eyebrow, meandering closer to the gathered people, drink in hand, the eyebrow barely visible above an elegant, yet simplistic, bottle-green mask. "Short for a ball."

Aynat smiles softly at you.

Maerek says, "Not objecting, mind--but all of the ones I've ever heard of lasted days."

You have emoted: "Well, we had a small crowd this round." Solaria says towards Maerek, reaching up to tape at the side of her nose, "The one we plan for the carnival should be much longer, I'm sure."

Carivah says, "We do thank you for coming, and we'll try to keep that momentum going in the coming years."

You smile at Carivah.

Maerek absently settles an arm around Eliser's waist absently, nodding over at Carivah and you.

Abruptly, the copy of Ezalor parties just a bit too hard - its flailing movements bring it crashing into the set the wineglasses arrayed along the wall, the doppleganger mercifully releasing Carivah before toppling to land on its bum. With a strained sigh, Ezalor releases Leau, observing the formal courtesy of a bow before walking over to his soaked doppleganger. A harsh whack on the head follows.

Ezalor hurls itself into the void.

You chuckle long and heartily.

You say to Ezalor, "You should train him to be more like you, Keeper. He's more like Leau than you."

Maerek utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Ezalor executes a deep, formal bow to the assembled. "Thank you for the occasion," he directs towards Carivah and you with a single, loud clap of his hands. He glances for a moment at the spilled wine and shattered glass before a shrug rolls across his shoulders. "The servants should handle that."

Maerek regards Ezalor with a slight bow.

You nod your head at Ezalor.

You have emoted: Solaria releases Aynat and does a formal curtsey to the entire crowd, carefully holding her gown in the process, "Thank you all for attending."

You say, "Remember to come forth about the carnival!"

Carivah's thoughts fill your head, "Do you mind if I steal your childe away for a bit, since it seems she was stood up? Alternatively, we could have a Culture team afterparty."

You tell Carivah, "You two go right on ahead. I might drag the other off, since he did -not- act like my date at all."

Leau returns the bow and watches hiding a grin behind a now freed hand as he watches Ezalor take care of his doppleganger. All the while moving back towards his Sire.

Carivah smooths her dress after her dancing adventure, smiling farewell to everyone as she bows politely. "Thank you all. We're here for you, so thank you for coming for us."

You have emoted: Solaria links her arm with Leau, murmuring something towards him.

Ezalor inclines his head politely to those around him.

Pondering briefly, Maerek says, "I imagine Ve'kahi can supply booze for that too, if it's needed."

Ezalor puts on a sulfurous amulet.

Ezalor says, "Voltda."
A sulfurous portal opens in the ground before Ezalor and he quickly jumps into it before it snaps shut behind him.
He is followed by a bloodleech.

You murmur to Leau, "Come. We will speak."

You nod your head at Maerek.

You smile and say, "I'm sure."

Maerek says, "And by Ve'kahi, I mean me, on behalf of the Ve'kahi."

Leau begins to follow you.

You have emoted: Solaria inclines her head towards the crowd, "Excuse me. Thank you all again." Looking at Leau, "Come."

-leave-

Svara, a black-eyed child says, "Do you need help?"
[*] (say) What do you do?

You say, "What do you do."

Svara, a black-eyed child says, "I help. I will arrange the ballroom."
[*] (say) I don't need help.
[*] (say) Darken the chandelier.
[*] (say) Close up the ballroom.

You say, "Darken the chandelier."

Svara, a black-eyed child turns her gaze to the chandelier in the center of the ballroom and squints her eyes for a moment. Each candle is quickly extinguished, and the ballroom goes dark.

Svara, a black-eyed child says, "Is there anything else?"
[*] (say) That's all for now.
[*] (say) Light the chandelier.
[*] (say) Close up the ballroom.

You say, "Close up the ballroom."

Slowly, the heavy red curtains advance to drape over large swaths of the floor, enclosing the middle-most section of the ballroom into a more intimate space.

Svara, a black-eyed child says, "Is there anything else?"
[*] (say) That's all for now.
[*] (say) Light the chandelier.
[*] (say) Open up the ballroom.

You say, "That's all for now."

-Fin-

MoireanEzalor

Comments

• CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    edited July 2014
    These NPCs floating around really are so cool.

Actually, I guess I don't exactly mean the NPCs so much as the entire palace itself. It's really nice to have.
    SolariaEzalor
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Carivah said:

These NPCs floating around really are so cool.

Actually, I guess I don't exactly mean the NPCs so much as the entire palace itself. It's really nice to have.

I have to admit, that's one of the coolest things we have in BL - Alcazar. They way it works with the Dominion and city is pretty nifty. We have some really great things in Bloodloch that just are underused, that's all.

• CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Like @Ezalor himself. I always enjoy interacting with him in character. I know roleplaying's not his priority, but he still proves the Stormwind fallacy wrong with regularity.