Saving Slyphe

Sorry if I cut some things out! There was a lot of junk in the log, fighting and walking, etc.

----

A deafening sort of droning noise resounds within the back of your mind, like a rhythmic thumping that resounds in a slow staccato. The sensation pulses through your limbs in a way so realistic that you almost swear the ground beneath you too is shuddering.

You have emoted: Ianea frowns and rubs at the back of her neck as she looks about herself.

The thumping beat is cut off, almost abruptly, by a shrill hiss so high-pitched it causes pain to your ears.

Healer Siorva Veriona, Watcher of the Wilds says to you, "Are you alright?"

You wince in pain.

The massive core of the Great Oak. (Duiran.)
A windchime casts a colorful glint here, tinkling as it hangs. A mule stands stubbornly, hooves planted solidly in the ground. There are 2 burly centaur crossbowmen here. Raest stands here, clasping a great spear in his right hand as he overlooks the primordial heart of the Great Oak. Blending in nearly perfectly with her environs, a cloaked wilderness warden waits here for potential trouble. There are 2 diminutive nightingales here. There are 2 cube sigils here. There are 2 monolith sigils here. Fell green energy emanates from the pulsing core of the Great Oak, a massive pillar erupting from the earth to tower over the Heartwood. Snowflakes falling from its form, a miniature ice elemental rests here. Wide and sturdy, a circular table supports a sculpted map of Sapience in the center of the chamber. A large, blood-splattered totem has been erected here, formed of obsidian, ivory and red-wood. Facing outwards and surrounding the totem are a large ivory bear, an obsidian raven and a red-wood serpent. Tossing her august mane, a sprightly white mare stands here. Its belly to the ground, a crocodile waits here with its jaws open, baring that distinctive crocodile smile. A brown-furred white-belled weasel darts about here. There are 17 wooden buckets here. There are 10 yellow crystal amulets here. There are 2 green crystal amulets here. There are 7 blue crystal amulets here. A battered iron cup has been left here. Resembling a fearsome wyvern posed ready to strike, a statue made of ice rests here. A small and colourful cup has been placed here. A delicate silver goblet lies here. There are 3 cerulean buckets here. There are 2 eye sigils here. A glowing red flame-shaped sigil has been left here. There are 2 fist-shaped sigils here. There are 5 red crystal amulets here. There are 3 white crystal amulets here. A thorny fae creature is here, flitting about on wings made of leaves. Healer Siorva Veriona, Watcher of the Wilds is here. She wields a Shamanic quarterstaff in her hands. Praadi of War, Aliod Vo'Karis is here. Raest, Hunter of the Heartwood is a tutor you can learn your skills from, view HELP LEARNING for more information. The sublime glow of the core casts an effulgent green light over the surrounding area.
You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

You say, "You don't hear that? It's painful."

Siorva shakes her head.

(Order): Kerryn says, "Anyone... else... hearing that?"

Siorva creases her brow in a frown.

(Order): You say, "Yes."

(Order): --- says, "Yes!"

(Order): Mariena says, "Just woke, not sure."

You have emoted: Ianea transfers her fingers to her ears, rubbing them and plugging and unplugging them several times.

(Order): --- says, "Bloody Pit, that hurt my ears."

(Order): Kerryn says, "Mine too..."

Healer Siorva Veriona, Watcher of the Wilds says to you, "Are you part of Lord Slyphe's order or something?"

Xenia enters from the west, riding a massive arctic grizzly.

You think for a moment before nodding slowly.

Siorva ponders the situation.

(Order): You say, "Perhaps we should come together?"

(Order): Kerryn says, "Aye, the Hydra."

You say, "Excuse me."

(Congregation): Kerryn says, "Everyone gather at the Hydra."

-Walking-

You follow Kerryn to the southeast.
Overlooking an enormous hydra figurehead.
The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. A tall, bearded Yeleni man stands here. Covered by an ever-shifting veil of seawater, a large throne resembling a rising torrent of water sits here. A barnicled anchor stands here, a perpetually wet rope wrapped around its shaft and pooling at its base.
You see exits leading southwest and northwest.

Comprehension flashes across your face.

Kerryn presses the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right and bows respectfully to Maelo Evergva.

Elwyn pulls a staff of living vines and flames from her weaponbelt fluidly.
Elwyn starts to wield a staff of living vines and flames in her hands.

Using the design for reference, you carefully carve a tiny figurine of a Kelki woman.

Elwyn raises her staff before her in wordless greeting with the soft clatter of bone.

Pressing the open palm of your left hand against the clenched fist of your right, you bow respectfully.

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says to Maelo Evergva, "May we stay and discuss the visions upon your ship? I give you my word, we'll behave."

You gently whisper soothing words to a grumpy baby gorgon.

Nodding once, Maelo Evergva says, "Don't see why that'd be an issue."

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair smiles and says to Maelo Evergva, "Thank you, I appreciate it."

Kerryn turns back to Elwyn and you, "We'll give the others a bit more time."

(Order): Kerryn says, "If you need directions to the Hydra, please let me know."

Elwyn nods her head at Kerryn.

Raising a hand to cover his left ear with a grimace, Maelo Evergva says, "Take it you lot weren't the only ones that heard that?"

(Order): Jami says, "What's going on?"

(Order): Mariena says, "I do not know."

(Order): Jami says, "I was in the arena."

You say, "No one else at the Core heard it while I was there."

Elwyn leans on her mandala-carved staff lightly. "Aye. My ears are still ringing."

Kerryn shakes her head at Maelo's question, "Many of us heard it... and there was some visions I think last month as well."

(Order): You say, "There was a loud and rather painful noise.. though it seems to have originated in our minds."

Maelo Evergva's grimace doesn't seem to be going anywhere particularly soon. "The blood being poured into whatever the Pit that was?" he regards, almost hesitantly.

Jami arrives from the northwest.

Jami places her palms together in front of her chest and bows respectfully.

You give Jami a tight hug.

Jami gives you a peck on the cheek.

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says to Maelo Evergva, "Yes, that."

You say to Kerryn, "I believe it was discussed that there was a machine within the dream? It sounded machine-like."

The vague image of a twisted copper and red-gold bracelet appears in the air, before Mariena appears in a flash of magic.

Her voice laden with crackling fire, Jami whispers warmly to you, "Daughter dearest, what did I miss."

Elwyn smiles at Mariena.

Mariena raises her staff before her in wordless greeting with the soft clatter of bone.

Mariena Tanarian says, "What did you hear?"

Mariena inclines her head politely to Maelo Evergva.

You say, "There was a noise.. a slow staccato thumping in the back of my mind. It was so loud I could have sworn the ground was shuddering."

Elwyn nods her head solemnly.

Maelo Evergva levels a narrowed peer towards Mariena. "No fights this time, Scion," he declares. The last word is produced almost icily before he shifts his focus towards the assembled crowd.

Kerryn looks as if she's about to answer, when you speaks and she smiles, falling silent and nodding along in agreement.

You say, "Then it cut off abruptly into a painful, high-pitched hiss."

Atticus begins to intensify slowly until he appears flesh and blood once more.

Atticus projects a net of light about himself, and you watch as his image becomes faded and ghostly.

Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day.
It is now the 2nd of Chakros, year 424 of the Midnight Age.

Kerryn offers Atticus a soft smile, "Was just about to call for you, dearest."

You say, "Neither Siorva nor Aliod heard it, though they were at the Core with me."

Elwyn Taziyah says, "I think it was just for us."

Mariena Tanarian says, "That does narrow 'er down to the Order."

Atticus makes his way to sit atop the figurehead as if he's done it several times before and meditates, without a word.

Mariena offers a short, understanding nod to Maelo Evergva.

You have emoted: Ianea shakes her head and leans it to the right slightly, pressing her fingers against her ear and rubbing.

You say, "As I said to the Abbess.. to me it felt.. machine-like."

"Coupled with the other visions and sounds." Kerryn says quietly, "Cogs... machine-like ...things." she frowns a bit. "What do you all think it means?"

Mariena presses her lips together, head dipping.

Hesitantly, you say, "Perhaps.. the Lord is, uh, fixing something?"

"I'm still wondering about the last ones, the blood.." Jami mutters, trailing off as her face conforms to a frown, mirroring Kerryn's.

You say, "I wasn't privy to those. What did they contain?"

Atticus without moving much other than his lips, "What happened to Kelsys?" he asks quietly.

Elwyn Taziyah says, "Didn't it have...machine type things in it? Or am I remembering wrong?"

Maelo Evergva's nose wrinkles slightly as he leans backwards against the railing some feet away from Atticus. "The Kelki of Kelsys, whose dreams He was supposedly in, dreamed of machinations, and grand ways to fix even the simplest of issues with machines," he states with a slow nod. "It wouldn't be a surprise if those images were merely what He was seeing, through the link we share with Him."

You nod your head in agreement.

Finally speaking up, as if she can't help herself, Mariena Tanarian says, "Wonder why he was draining a Kelki and then punched the machine."

You raise an eyebrow questioningly.

Waving a finger, Maelo Evergva says, "Following that line of thought, I imagine that machine in the image, powered by blood, was just one of their dreams. Looked to me like He was awed by it. Maybe... maybe He realized that and got frustrated."

Maelo Evergva says, "Realized He wasn't supposed to stay there, y'know?"

Elwyn purses her lips pensively, gazing thoughtfully at some distant point.

Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser says to Maelo Evergva, "I was thinking something similar, things seem to change very much once He realized what it was."

You say, "Hmm."

"Saw none of them firsthand so I can't say much about 'em." Atticus remarks, still sitting.

With nary a whisper nor a sigh, rosy-fingered dawn creeps into the land, stealing the soul of the night.

Kerryn listens quietly, clearly contemplating all she hears. "It's extremely interesting. Also fitting to His teachings of progress and change, if the Kelki were as advanced as the visions seemed."

Mariena Tanarian says, "Their dreams were, at the least."

Nodding once in affirmation of the previous statement, Maelo Evergva says, "Precisely. They dreamed of these things, doesn't mean in the slightest that they're even close to realistic."

Elwyn nods, leaning heavily on her staff.

Atticus replies "Everything that is a reality must once have been dreamed by someone." the tips of his fingers tapping together gently.

You say, "With Kelsys gone dreams are all we, um, they have left."

You have emoted: Ianea wrinkles her nose slightly as she sighs.

Kerryn purses her lips pensively, gazing thoughtfully at some distant point.

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says, "Dreams are powerful things."

You say, "And we're talking about the dreams of a people. The dreams of.. His own creations."

Elwyn nods her head at Kerryn.

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says, "Kelsys may be gone... but it's remembered, so in a sense, it's eternal as are its people."

You suck thoughtfully on your teeth.

Mariena Tanarian says, "I am going to check on the beacon."

Mariena leaves to the northwest.

Ticking fingers as he speaks, Maelo Evergva says, "Well, this means a few things here. One - He's alive still, which is good. Two - He's got the strength to reach to us in some way, also good. Three - He's alive. Still quite good, and still quite the main point."

Kerryn can't help but smile at Maelo's comments, nodding she agrees. "Yes, it is." she glances to those gathered, "I'm sure He'll have some interesting stories for us as well." she laughs.

You have emoted: Ianea nods at the list of points, "I wonder if there is a way for us to help Him reach us. Make the connection easier."

Elwyn Taziyah says, "I need to rest a short while."

Nodding slowly, Maelo Evergva says, "We... shall think on that."

Elwyn grows still and her lips begin to move silently.

Jami smiles at Elwyn.

Elwyn is enveloped in translucent fire for a moment and is gone, her soul safe until she returns to Aetolia.
5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.02%/4211728xp SCS

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says, "Well, the fact we've been offering to Him, and we've kept the connection, tells me we're doing something right."

You say, "Being on the inside He has a unique perspective and may be able to help us if we could communicate more regularly. At least it would be nice for Him to know He is not alone and we're trying."

You nod your head emphatically.

Kerryn bites her lower lip, "Even if He hears us, we've no idea what His state of mind is. For all He knows, we could be the dream."

A piercing scream splits the air, originating from Mournhold's general direction.

You sip from a carved obsidian cup of chilled, vodka thyme lemonade and you immediately can taste the subtle flavor of the thyme before the slight burn of the vodka hits you.

Eyes widening, Maelo Evergva says, "Did you hear that?"

You say, "Yes."

Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser says, "We must go."

You nod your head in agreement.

Kerryn beckons to those around her.

Pointing off towards the exit, Maelo Evergva says, "Go, go investigate, I must watch the ship."

Kerryn nods her head emphatically.

Jami leaves to the northwest.

Kerryn beckons Atticus to her.

You follow Kerryn to the northwest.

-Walking-

You follow Kerryn to the southwest.
A wide gravel track. (road)
A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. Colourful clothing fluttering and flapping, Avha waits here, eyes cast eastward. Clovis Spear is here. She is riding on a long-legged ostrich. She wields a multi-purpose quarterstaff in her hands. Wild white hair draping Her body, Omei, the Beast Queen stands here.
You see exits leading northeast and west.

Pressing the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right, Kerryn bows respectfully.

Treading softly, Daweson's gray-furred form wanders in from the west.

You suck thoughtfully on your teeth.

Daweson tilts his head back, inhaling sharply several times.

Clovis glances to Avha. "Feel which? What?"

Avha, a peculiar Kelki woman's eyes are wide as she stares upon Omei with fear. "I... yes.. m'Lady, I do," she stammers out.

l avha
Clad in a bewildering array of colourful skirts, this Kelki woman has an odd, fixed stare, and strange, wide yellow eyes that don't seem to properly fix on the object of her attentions. She smiles a little too widely to be construed as completely friendly, and her teeth, when bared, are long, sharp and multitudinous. Her face seems rather longer or narrower than entirely normal, and her expression never seems to reach all the way to her eyes.
Avha, a peculiar Kelki woman looks weak and feeble.

Clovis smiles at Daweson.

Kerryn presses the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right and bows respectfully to Omei.

"Out with it, or pray, tilt your head back that I may extract the answer from your throat," Omei says, desperate impatience cutting into Her voice.

Emphasizing her words with a nearly crazed gesture of her hands, Avha, a peculiar Kelki woman says, "Enormous. They walk about us. Whirring. Stomping. Chaos."

Jami arrives from the northeast.

You have emoted: Ianea glances between Omei and Avha, a peculiar Kelki woman, her gaze sliding away uncomfortably from the Kelki woman.

Zortania suddenly appears, looking bewildered.

Tracker Zortania Cardinalis smiles and says, "Or..that."

Zortania clenches her right fist and pounds her chest thrice in rapid succession, symbolizing the vibrant heart that beats within.

Turning her back now to Omei to almost walk into the group she hadn't noticed, Avha, a peculiar Kelki woman says, "Chaos. They stare at us. They march. Streets crack."

"What walks? Living chaos? What do you mean?" Clovis snaps her fingers impatiently, raising up her other hand to greet Zortania as she arrives. "Great beasts?"

"What do you mean chaos," Omei snaps, flinging Her spindly fingers at the air, "That was MY BROTHER I felt...!"

Kerryn's attention is immediately captured by Avha, her head canting to the side slightly as she listens and waits.

"Slyphe?" Clovis perks up.

Omei nods gravely at Clovis.

Zortania quietly comes to stand next to Clovis, simply listening.

Ciri arrives from the west.

Avha, a peculiar Kelki woman nearly falls forward to grasp Clovis'' shoulders with both of her hands, her eyes a clear portrayal of terror. "Machinations," she whispers slowly, quietly, as if for fear of summoning that which she speaks of.

Kerryn steps a bit closer, "Sounds like our visions." she says quietly.

Clovis's hazel eyes widen even as she leans towards Avha, both of her lips pursing as the whites show around her irises. "Machinations.." She echoes. "Wandering and wandering."

The air ripples before you in a way similar to that of a desert mirage, and the ground beneath your feet rumbles as if subjected to a thunderous stomp.

Pushing forward to delve into the midst of the assembled crowd, Avha, a peculiar Kelki woman says, "They come! They seek to kill us!"

You peer about yourself suspiciously.

Kerryn jumps back, eyes widening as she stares at the ground before her. A quick glance given to those behind her, a questioning look crossing her features.

Nodding toward Kerryn, you say, "Yes."

Omei hunkers down, re-adjusting Her balance, snarling as again, She tastes the air. "He floats close to the surface. That's the stench of..."

"Nightmare," Omei growls.

Clovis Spear says to Omei, the Beast Queen, "These MACHINATIONS.. they feel like Slyphe? Would KILLING them hurt HIM?"

Shaking her head vigorously, Avha, a peculiar Kelki woman says, "No no no, He would not hurt us like these do. No. They plague us. They instill fear."

Daweson settles back on his haunches, his ears twitching as his grey-gold eyes dart back and forth between everyone present. Sniffing the air as if to test it, he abruptly starts as the ground shakes, then settles again, muscles tense with readiness. "Nightmare? Sounds like quite the prey. If it won't hurt Him, then I say let them come." he growls.

Elwyn wanders in quietly to stand near to where Kerryn stand.

Mariena arrives from the northeast.

Jami nods her head at Mariena.

A distant keening howl seizes your attention, and you stop to listen. It is the sound of some creature, somewhere, experiencing inutterable sorrow. A chill ripples down your spine as the sound trails off, but you remember...

Mariena looks around excitedly, "the beacon is working!" She exclaims, excitement in her voice.

In a gruff, deadpan growl, Magister Daweson Dark, Ward Prefect says to Mariena Tanarian, in a feral tongue, "Perhaps. But what else came along for the ride?"

Omei surges forward, Her face twisted in outrage. "Beacon!" She cries angrily, "What beacon! There are -breaches- afoot! If you want your God back, we must find them!"

Kerryn gives a single nod to you then looks to Avha, "We'll do our best to ensure you and yours are not harmed by them."

Omei, the Beast Queen says, "I can taste many demons, it will be dangerous."

Elwyn Taziyah says, "How do we find the breaches?"

Raising a hand from the middle of the crowd, Avha, a peculiar Kelki woman says, "I will watch the citizens. I will protect them."

Omei steps in line behind the members of Her congregants, prepared to follow. "You will know them. They darken the world like foul oil."

You say, "Then let us find them. These things, whatever they are. No danger is too great to gain back the Lord."

Clovis Spear says, "If it seems bad, it will be bad. Nightmare destroys all hope and good will. It will be foul and cling to you like a parasite. It will drain your wants and futures."

"You do that." Kerryn says to Avha, "If we see any citizens's we'll send them to you." she turns to those behind her, "Everyone prepared?" she asks.

You nod your head at Kerryn, showing your acceptance.

Jami eases herself out of the Tiger stance.
Jami sinks back into the menacing stance of the Scorpion.

"It is fear incarnate... My greatest weapon," Omei utters, "And these are not in My control. Employ solidarity, and act as a group."

Elwyn's knuckles grow momentarily white as she strengthens her grip.

Clovis Spear says to Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair, "Keep in touch with us, Abbess."

Kerryn nods her head at Omei.

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says to Clovis Spear, "We will."

Clovis nods her head emphatically.

In a feral growl, Magister Daweson Dark, Ward Prefect says, in a feral tongue, "Be sure of what ready means. Remember that Nightmare knows your fear better than you. Stand together or fall alone."

Clovis Spear exclaims, "Alright! Let's do this!"

Jami seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly at Kerryn.

Daweson, Mariena, Omei, and a shadowy figure leave to the northeast following Clovis.

You follow Kerryn to the northeast.

-Walking-

A cliffside view of the eastern ocean.
A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. Tracker Zortania Cardinalis is here, concealed within the shadows. She is riding on a gentle pony. She wields a vicious yellow brown dhurive in her hands. Clovis Spear is here. She is riding on a long-legged ostrich. She wields a multi-purpose quarterstaff in her hands. Mariena Tanarian is here. She wields a carved quarterstaff of wood and bone in her hands. Wild white hair draping Her body, Omei, the Beast Queen stands here. Images flicker in and out of existence all around you here in such a way that leaves the air hanging with a forlorn sense of dread.
You see exits leading southwest, west, and northwest.

Clovis gestures towards the flickering images, each reflected in her glossy eyes.

Omei waits for no one, thrusting forth Her hands. Brilliant, silvery energy crackles through Her fingers. "I AM THE NIGHTMARE. YOU ANSWER TO ME."

Kerryn sinks back into the menacing stance of the Scorpion.

You have emoted: Ianea steps closer in line with Jami, bumping shoulders nervously.

The realm of dreams descends upon you like a splash of water, enmeshing your surroundings in horrific nightmare.

Elwyn's mixed eyes dart around, landing on the images with a widening of her slitted pupils.

Turning to her side, Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser says to you, "We'll make it through, daughter."

Kerryn lifts a hand to catch some of the 'rain', frowning.

And in the distance, you hear the heavy, clanking advance of metal.

Mariena offers a single, warbling shriek and crouches.

Kerryn hums a soft melody and a feeling of warmth and comfort envelops you. Your spirits buoyed, you feel less vulnerable to harm.
You have gained the warmth defence.

Clovis holds onto the reins of her ostrich, both bared heels digging into its sides as the creature nervously tosses its head much like how a horse would. However, the smaller human's face is pulled taut with both lips peeled away from her painted cheeks to expose teeth as she snarls like a wolf.

"Whatever it is... it's coming. Remember, stay together." Kerryn says to those nearest her, her pale gaze settled upon where she believes the clanking to be originating.

As the beings come closer, you can see that there is nothing human about them. They stare but do not see, with no eyes to speak of, and yet advance with a clear sinister intent.

Zortania places her fingers to her mouth, pausing for a moment before blowing hard, creating a sharp, carrying whistle.
A gentle pony trots in, beckoned by its master's call.

Zortania slaps a gentle pony on the rump and sends it cantering off.

Daweson whines reflexively for a heartbeat before turning it into a angry snarl, his hackles raising. At the sound of the clanking he howls out a challenge, pacing in anticipation around the others.

A towering clockwork machination goes after Zortania.
A towering clockwork machination goes after you.
A towering clockwork machination goes after Ciri.
A towering clockwork machination goes after Elwyn.
A towering clockwork machination goes after Ciri.
5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.48%/4211728xp SCS
A towering clockwork machination barrels towards you, arms lifted so that its cannon-like arms are aimed for your torso. A shrill whistle pushes forth from its body before it unleashes a gout of scalding steam to envelop your body.
Health Lost: 2693, fire.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Elwyn in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends her flying backwards.
A towering clockwork machination barrels towards Ciri, arms lifted so that its cannon-like arms are aimed for her torso. A shrill whistle pushes forth from its body before it unleashes a gout of scalding steam to envelop her body.
2754/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.48%/4211728xp SCS
Elwyn stands up and stretches her arms out wide.
Elwyn takes a drink from a vial of the hunt.
Elwyn eats some irid moss.
Input: drink health
You take a drink of an elixir of health from a iridescent Sentaari catfish vial.
Health Gain: 1028
The elixir heals and soothes you.
3782/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.48%/4211728xp SCS
Input: outc moss
You remove 1 moss, bringing the total in the cache to 552.
Input: eat moss
You eat some irid moss.
Health Gain: 544
You feel your health and mana replenished.
4326/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.48%/4211728xp SCS

You can see the following 4 objects:
"machination190787" a towering clockwork machination.
"machination195468" a towering clockwork machination.
"machination197469" a towering clockwork machination.
"machination197959" a towering clockwork machination.
5447/5447h 2996/4888m 99e 99w 00C 28.48%/4211728xp SCS

-Fighting-

Jami picks up the corpse of Ciri.

The sky thickens with clouds and pulses vibrant, natural blue. The water's hellish color recedes as the nightmare realm shrinks.

The vague image of a knotted band of the hunt appears in the air, before Xavin appears in a flash of magic.

As the last of the machinations is eradicated, the dream about you seems to ripple and distort. The blood-tinged beach gradually is suffused once more with color.

Daweson nods his head emphatically.

Xavin blinks.

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.

Clovis holds her hand up and watches as the tinge changes to a more natural color. "It's melancholy. So sad.

Jami gives the corpse of Ciri to Xavin.

Clovis Spear says, "There are more breaches."

Daweson nods his head emphatically.

Kerryn nods her head at Clovis.

You crease your brow in a frown.

Zortania nods her head at Clovis.

Elwyn nods her head at Clovis.

As the grim magic of the place draws back, you can feel it shudder. Omei is left sweating, gasping for Her breath. "It... it worked... the overlap, the- the nightmare..."

With a quiet growl, Magister Daweson Dark, Ward Prefect says, in a feral tongue, "We have more work to do."

Omei, the Beast Queen says, "More. Find more, now."

Clovis frowns at Omei.

-Searching for more-

You follow Kerryn to the east.
Overlooking the Mournhold harbour.
A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. Leaning on a heavy harpoon, a tattooed Kelki woman stands nearby. Humming and flickering with leashed energy, a slender brass pylon stretches toward the sky here. There are 2 dour Kelki villagers here. Images flicker in and out of existence all around you here in such a way that leaves the air hanging with a forlorn sense of dread.
You see exits leading northeast, east, south, southwest, west, and northwest.

Clovis Spear says, "HERE."

Xavin arrives from the northwest.

Lim enters from the northwest, riding a large snow leopard.

Kerryn nods her head emphatically.

Like a waterfall, rain pours down around you, soaking you thoroughly.

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says, "Be ready."

Rivas arrives from the southwest.

Lim looks around, bewildered at the crowd that has gathered.

Omei, the Beast Queen asks, "Have all assembled? Where is Ciri?"

Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser says to Omei, the Beast Queen, "She didn't respond to my attempts to bring her back."

The Kelki assembled here seem to be huddled together, quivering with fear as if paralyzed and unable to move save for this primal display of terror.

Omei slumps, resting Her hands heavily on Her thighs, glaring at the darkened anomaly in the air.

Rivas Silverain says, "She's in the Eastern Ithmia. On her way back, one hopes."

Kerryn wanders to the nearest Kelki, "Go. Shoo." she urges, giving a slight shake of a shoulder as if to wake them.

Clovis moves her ostrich over to stand by the kelki, sliding off the side. "Go be safe. These dreams are not meant for you."

Clovis nods her head at Kerryn.

Omei stares implacably at Lim.

Shaking his head, a tattooed Pact irregular says, "We will wait, and we will banish them should they emerge."

Zortania snarls viciously at Lim.

Hesitantly, a tattooed Pact irregular says, "Though... there are less images, already. Whatever you are doing, it is working, and we thank you."

Omei, the Beast Queen says to Cohort Lim, "This is no hospitable place for Necromancy. Be gone, and do not foul this place!"

Elwyn chews on her lip, hands tight around her leather whip tipped with burnished iron.

Curiously, Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser says to a tattooed Pact irregular, "You folk have gotten visions as well?"

Xavin nods his head at a tattooed Pact irregular.

Holding out a reinforced tower shield, Rivas deftly stamps the symbol of Damariel onto its surface. As he finishes, the symbol burns brightly before vanishing in a ripple of power.

Clovis nods her head at Jami.

Lim's lips turn down, upset. The Goddess's will bears down on him, however, and he accedes. Without a word, the young man slides away.

Lim leaves to the southwest, riding a large snow leopard.

Shaking his head, a tattooed Pact irregular says, "No, only a day ago, these... things, started walking our streets before disappearing."

A tattooed Pact irregular says, "Like illusions, almost. We hear them, and feel them - see them too, and then like that they vanish."

Elwyn's lips pull down, nodding her head.

Deepest Stygian night steals over the land as the symbolic hourglass empties and turns, ready to begin a new day.
It is now the 3rd of Chakros, year 424 of the Midnight Age.

Mariena's eyes dart around, a bright, unnatural yellow in shade. "Layered and layered and layered," she mumbles to herself, staff gripped to the point of blood soaking into its leather handhold.

"Those... illusions... are a manifestation of will," Omei explains, panting from Her prior exertion. "The mighty, tormented dreams of a lost God..."

An eyebrow raising, a tattooed Pact irregular says, "You mean to say, Beast Queen, that -He- is causing this?"

A tattooed Pact irregular's eyes widen as the statement escapes his lips, gaze leveled upon Omei.

"You sound like me, now." Clovis murmurs to Mariena, her mostly bared feet holding fast on the town streets. "Layered and layered and layered... and yet, we can return them back as they should be with a snap of teeth and strong will. Let us be strong."

Elwyn Taziyah says, "We are getting sucked into His nightmare...if I am to understand this correctly."

You have emoted: Ianea frowns with her nose wrinkling, gripping a tiny figurine of a Kelki woman within her closed fist.

Elwyn Taziyah says, "Or it is leaking out to this side..."

Clovis Spear says, "The Vortex IS here."

Omei, the Beast Queen says to a tattooed Pact irregular, "Even My People suffer the darknesses of man. We, too, know fear."

Lim suddenly appears, looking bewildered.

Kerryn starts to wield an eye sigil in her left hand.

Clovis peers at Lim suspiciously.

Omei, the Beast Queen says to Cohort Lim, "Help, then, and leave thy demons at home."

Decisively, Magister Daweson Dark, Ward Prefect says, in a feral tongue, "Then as best we can, let us purge His fear, together."

Kerryn throws a sigil at the ground which bursts in a flash of light.
Moirean is pulled back into phase with reality!

Xavin eyes Moirean, giving her the once over.

"Shoo! Shoo!" Jami says as she waves Moirean away.

Hand gripping his mace a bit tighter, Rivas Silverain says, "Right. So. What's to be done?"

Omei shakes Her head at Jami.

Omei, the Beast Queen says, "No. Let them come. It is My Brother on the line."

Lim meekly nods at Omei.

Clovis Spear says, "Living is living and full of dreams. They might still help."

Kerryn creases her brow in a frown.

Clovis Spear says, "Though they dabble in dirt."

Zortania settles into a crouching stance, idly resting her dhurive across her legs.

A tattooed Pact irregular chews upon these words for a few pensive moments, head shaking. "If... if He is causing this, and destroying the machinations reverted that which was shifted - does that mean He may face the same result?" He queries, the question escaping his lips faster towards the latter end as interest clearly suffuses it.

Elie suddenly appears, looking bewildered.

A tattooed Pact irregular says to Omei, "Could He too be expelled from the confines of the nightmare, returned to normal?"

Moirean Seirath says, "...You know, if you just let me phase and watch, you wouldn't have to shriek and nag about me being here."

Moirean Seirath says, "Idiots."

Conflicted, Omei winces. "Do not ask Me these things-- I don't know. Do we free Him? Or will we destroy Him? Will we sever his fragile bonds to this world?"

Elwyn glances sideways at Omei, lips pursing into a thin line.

Omei, the Beast Queen says, "What choice do we have? We -must- bring Him back."

Voice unnaturally abrupt, Mariena Tanarian says to Omei, the Beast Queen, "He is ALREADY lost to us."

Elie sinks into a crouch by Omei's feet, bracing herself with one red hand on the ground.

Mariena Tanarian says, "The more he STAYS there, the more LOST he is."

You have emoted: Ianea crowds closer toward her mother as more people appear, dismayed at Omei's words.

Making to tap Zortania on the shoulder, Lim suddenly stops short, recognising her as the lady who snarled at him earlier. He picks a less aggressive stranger - Daweson - "Hey.." he whispers, ".. hey mister, what's going on?"

Daweson lowers his head in for a moment at Omei and then raises it again, eyes afire. "If there is a chance, we must try. So we fight...we end His nightmares. And we hope for the best.

Elwyn nods at Mariena. "Aye," she agrees with a soft voice.

Eyedrunk Elie Nine clicks and chitters to speak a phrase outside of your comprehension.

Catching the remains of Her breath, Omei says, "Be ready. We do this once more. Focus - we have bigger things to worry about than fair-weather enemies and allies."

Zortania notices Lim's scent, lifting her gaze up as she simply lets out a loud snort of air.

Omei straightens up, Her shoulders popping, and throws forth Her arms, as if prepared for a kata. Again, the impulses of light sear across Her palms.

Daweson spares Lim a glance, pulling his lips back from his teeth, though in a smile or a snarl it's difficult to tell. "Nightmares will emerge. Fight with us and face your fears. Or don't. It's your choice."

Zortania stands more upright, gripping her dhurive tightly as she offers Omei a nod of her head.

"No." Clovis seems to repeat. "None of us are too weak to face this. This will be destroyed and what is Right will be made Right again."

Omei cries out as the magic leaps from Her hands, ripping into the airborne anomaly.

The realm of dreams descends upon you like a splash of water, enmeshing your surroundings in horrific nightmare.

Daweson settles back in readiness again, a low anticipatory growl bubbling out of his throat.

"Oh.." Lim whispers, then backs away into the crowd. For a second, he looks around himself, as if trying to find something - then gives up, realising they aren't there. Dagger in hand, Lim looks at - last resort - and then tightens his grip on it and his shield.

Gripping her whip, Elwyn Taziyah says, "Be ready."

"This is not... where..." Omei pants heavily, confused by Her surroundings.

Clovis Spear says, "It MOVED."

In the distance, the march of sinister, mechanical figures converges on this space.

Xavin's tail lashes back and forth and he holds a shimmering magewood aetherstaff at the ready. "Bloody pit...," he manages, his brow creased with alarm.

Clovis growls menacingly.

A towering clockwork machination goes after Elie.
A towering clockwork machination goes after Kerryn.
A towering clockwork machination goes after Mariena.
A towering clockwork machination goes after Atticus.

A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Mariena in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends her flying backwards.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Atticus in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends him flying backwards.
5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.51%/4211728xp SCS

Omei, the Beast Queen exclaims, "More... more...!"

Iron-like marching echoes around you.

Right before your eyes even more of the machinations ripple into sight, their forms aimed towards you in a hostile manner.

Arching his back and lifting his head to the sky, Daweson cries a bloody howl to the heavens.

A towering clockwork machination goes after Jami.
5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.53%/4211728xp SCScombo machination sdk ucp ucp\\
Driving your leg into the ground for stability, you project a wall of psychic force toward a towering clockwork machination and batter it powerfully to the ground.
You connect to the torso!
Damage done: 569, blunt.
Balance Used: 2.32 seconds
You launch a powerful uppercut at a towering clockwork machination.
You connect to the head!
Damage done: 218, blunt.
Left Hand Balance Used: 2.51 seconds
You connect to the head!
Damage done: 218, blunt.
Right Hand Balance Used: 2.51 seconds
5447/5447h 4888/4888m 99e 100w 00C 28.53%/4211728xp SCS

-Fighting-

A towering machination releases one final hissing burst of steam from its core before exploding in a display of metallic viscera that ripples and distorts, then vanishes into nothingness.

The sky thickens with clouds and pulses vibrant, natural blue. The water's hellish color recedes as the nightmare realm shrinks.

Clovis lets out a hoot as she dances in place. "There must be more! Clean and clean!"

Lim arrives from the west.

Exhausted, Omei, the Beast Queen says, "Yes... go... the power in this place wanes..."

Daweson barks out a harsh, growling laugh. "That's all you have? More then, let us make what is wrong, Right!."

Lim rushes in from the west, nearly left behind.

Omei, the Beast Queen says, "Moirean... re- reveal yourself. Help us."

Kerryn creases her brow in a frown.

Lim looks at Zortania uncertainly, then looks away.

Rivas Silverain says, "She'd rather hide and spy in safety. We're idiots, remember?"

Zortania shrugs helplessly at Lim.

Clovis glances over her shoulder at Omei, a look of extreme despair and concern painted on nearly as thickly as the skeletal panting.

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says, "We don't need her."

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says, "Or them."

Clovis Spear says, "Shh, enough about those that don't matter."

Kerryn glances at Lim.

Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser says, "She's too weak to fight."

Zortania nods her head at Clovis.

"I am only -tired-," Omei snarls, catching Her breath, waving a hand impatiently at Clovis.

Dryly, Seneschal Xavin Taziyah says, "I rather think she does not wish to help. We will be fine without her."

Omei, the Beast Queen says, "It matters not. Go... find another."

With a sigh, Elwyn Taziyah says, "Who cares if she will help or not, lets continue on."

-Walking-

A beam of prismatic light suddenly shoots into the room.

Lim suddenly appears, having travelled down the beam of prismatic light.

Zortania massages her temple, closing her eyes with a sigh.

Omei, the Beast Queen says to Cohort Lim, "Do not lag behind, boy. We will not wait for your pudgy northern legs."

Lim frowns at Omei.

Clovis Spear says, "Join and follow or run behind. It matters not to us."

Elie clacks her mandibles together, looking at Lim.

Zortania nods her head at Lim.

Clovis Spear says, "Three..."

Clovis Spear says, "Two..."

Clovis Spear says, "One..."

Within a ramshackle shelter.
Leaning on a heavy harpoon, a tattooed Kelki woman stands nearby. A shivering weave of fire and light hangs across the doorway to the hut, parting around those who walk through it.
You see exits leading west and down.

You peer about yourself suspiciously.

Zortania blinks.

Omei narrows Her eyes. "A place of great power... but... but not out of the ordinary."

Lim looks down at himself for a moment.

You follow Kerryn to the down.

A sizable corner store.
Sallow and tired, Dale, a shopkeeper stands here. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see a single exit leading west.

Omei, the Beast Queen says, "Where... are You? Where are You sleeping?"

Clovis Spear asks, "I wonder if there is a way.. perhaps ask the villagers who is suffering the most and where?"

"I... I feel you," comes a whisper within the back of your mind. "Help Me."

Seneschal Xavin Taziyah says, "Could the rifts be in the caverns below...what of the hermit?"

Mariena Tanarian says, "HE feels us!"

Clovis Spear says to Seneschal Xavin Taziyah, "Hermit?"

Jami's breath catches in a gasp of surprise.

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says, "I hear Him!"

Clovis Spear asks, "Perhaps even in the Vortex?"

Omei, the Beast Queen says, "I would... feel them below... they are here, certainly here, but -where-..."

With urgency, Elwyn Taziyah says, "We must help Him!"

You follow Kerryn to the west.
Past towering, dark-windowed houses. (road)
A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you.
You see exits leading north, east, and southwest.

Clearing his throat nervously, Lim gathers the courage to ask, "Ahm.. who is He?"

You say, "He needs us."

You follow Kerryn to the north.

Overlooking the Mournhold waterfront. (road)
A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. There are 2 surly town guards here. A sullen flare of light on the southeastern horizon betrays the presence of the elemental vortex.
You see exits leading north (open pine door), southeast, and west.

You say to Lim, "The Lord Maelstrom."

Zortania murmurs something softly to Lim.

Before the eye of an elemental vortex.
A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. A five-sided pillar of dark, smoky quartz clutches at the sky with lightning-wreathed claws of stone, surrounded by a veil of turbulent air. Colourful clothing fluttering and flapping, Avha waits here, eyes cast eastward. Frowning over his spectacles, a sharply dressed townsman pauses here. The elemental vortex dominates the sky, clawing at the leaden clouds with fingers of white fire.
You see exits leading east and west.

Eyedrunk Elie Nine clicks and chitters to speak a phrase outside of your comprehension.

Glancing over her shoulder into the vortex, Clovis Spear asks, "Is He louder here?"

Kerryn tilts her head and listens intently.

Elwyn tilts her head and listens intently.

"H-.." answers your attentive call.

Clutching Her stomach, Omei gulps a breath, and says, "In... in the water... due west, and west more, then southward off the pier."

Mariena lifts her face to the vortex, a songline song on her lips again, though it is hummed and not sung.

Elwyn Taziyah says, "I hear him still."

Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair says, "Yes."

Clovis has no makeup or facepaint left to be seen, it washed away to reveal her commonplace face.

The southern end of a surf break.
A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. A large, blood-splattered totem has been erected here, formed of obsidian, ivory and red-wood. Facing outwards and surrounding the totem are a large ivory bear, an obsidian raven and a red-wood serpent. Humming and flickering with leashed energy, a slender brass pylon stretches toward the sky here. Images flicker in and out of existence all around you here in such a way that leaves the air hanging with a forlorn sense of dread.
You see a single exit leading northwest.

Clovis steps down off of a long-legged ostrich.

"HELP ME," comes a thunderous roar from this particular location, the voice loud and reverberating as if directly before you.

Clovis sinks into the water, plugging her nose with her fingers before treading water.

You say, "Here, yes!"

Omei leaps forward at once, descending into the water, hurling Her arm forth. "Come back!"

"No!" Omei cries. "Another misdirection!"

Clovis holds her breath and seals her eyes shut.

Mariena Tanarian says, "He's SO CLOSE."

They are here. Waiting. As if expecting your arrival.

A towering clockwork machination goes after Rivas.
A towering clockwork machination goes after Daweson.
5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.55%/4211728xp SCS
Swinging his staff, Xavin wills up a blast of telekinetic force and flings aside a towering clockwork machination like a rag doll.
Xavin has scored a CRITICAL hit!
5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.55%/4211728xp SCSwince
You wince in pain.
5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.55%/4211728xp SCS
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Jami in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends her flying backwards.
Jami eases herself out of the Scorpion stance.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Xavin in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends him flying backwards.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Atticus in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends him flying backwards.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Elie in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends her flying backwards.
Elie eases herself out of the Scorpion stance.

Laying his bone dagger flat upon his palm, Lim flicks it sharply towards Xavin. The blade speeds through the air and shatters on impact, before suddenly reappearing in Lim's hand.

2727/5447h 4888/4888m 99e 99w 00C 28.57%/4211728xp SCS
A towering clockwork machination barrels towards you, arms lifted so that its cannon-like arms are aimed for your torso. A shrill whistle pushes forth from its body before it unleashes a gout of scalding steam to envelop your body.
Health Lost: 3006, fire.
You have been slain by a towering clockwork machination.
Experience Lost: 7500 [total: 1196197]
A grumpy baby gorgon falls out of your inventory.
The Hall of the Underking.
This room has not been mapped.
There are no obvious exits.
0/5447h 4888/4888m 99e 99w 00C 28.40%/4211728xp

Kerryn extends a palm in your direction and suddenly you are engulfed in a stream of radiant light. Your entire being tingles with a sense of joy and vitality as you are pulled back from the brink of the netherworld and restored to life.

The southern end of a surf break.
A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. A large, blood-splattered totem has been erected here, formed of obsidian, ivory and red-wood. Facing outwards and surrounding the totem are a large ivory bear, an obsidian raven and a red-wood serpent. Humming and flickering with leashed energy, a slender brass pylon stretches toward the sky here. The shining figure of a guardian angel floats in the air here. Cohort Lim is here. He wields a chipped bone dagger in his left hand and a jewel-encrusted buckler in his right. Tracker Zortania Cardinalis is here, concealed within the shadows. She wields a vicious yellow brown dhurive in her hands. Clovis Spear is here. She is riding on a long-legged ostrich. She wields a multi-purpose quarterstaff in her hands. Mariena Tanarian is here. She wields a carved quarterstaff of wood and bone in her hands. Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser is here. Wild white hair draping Her body, Omei, the Beast Queen stands here. Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair is here. Seneschal Xavin Taziyah is here. He wields an emblazoned kite shield in his left hand and a shimmering magewood aetherstaff in his right. Elwyn Taziyah is here. She wields a leather whip tipped with burnished iron in her right hand.
You see a single exit leading northwest.

Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser says to Clovis Spear, "He has no corpses, I can see."

Clovis Spear says, "Cold, wet, and foul."

You wince in pain.

Clovis Spear says to Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser, "He still struck US."

Seneschal Xavin Taziyah says to Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser, "She means his dagger finding me instead of the machinations."

Jami nods her head emphatically.

Omei says nothing, too out of breath to form speech.

You begin to follow Kerryn.

Sheepishly, Cohort Lim says, "That was.. I'm sorry. That was an accident. I was aiming for one of them.."

Lim shuts up.

You say, "The Lord wasn't there?"

Elwyn shakes her head.

You give a pained sigh.

Clovis Spear says, "Tell me if you feel something. He is somewhere dark, damp, and foul."

You follow Kerryn to the up.
Atop a ruined shelter.
A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. Images flicker in and out of existence all around you here in such a way that leaves the air hanging with a forlorn sense of dread.
You see a single exit leading down.

Elwyn Taziyah says to Clovis Spear, "..nothing yet."

Clovis Spear frowns and says, "Or ruined."

Mariena steps up to Omei, one scarred hand outstretched and trembling, but strong with a Dendara magic that allows a vine to weave betwixt her fingers. "Take the Healing you need, Beast Queen," she offers, "Dendara is surging through."

Mariena Tanarian says, "Images! Images are here."

Seneschal Xavin Taziyah says, "Oi!"

Clovis gestures around her. "Nothing says rot like ruin."

Xavin nods his head emphatically.

Lim looks around, but not seeing what Mariena does.

"I... come to Me, My called," a voice echoes within the back of your mind. "You are so close. I -feel- you. I... I can escape. I.. soon."

Cohort Lim says, "Wha..?"

Excitedly, you say, "He says He can escape."

Omei practically drags Herself, trudging toward the disturbance in the air. Disinterest and pride in Her eyes - She feebly slaps Mariena's arm from Her, turning instead upon the nightmarish breach.

Elwyn Taziyah says, "I hear Him."

Lim squints at Omei, then at the thing she is focused on.

"Do not... fear... the demon..." Omei whispers, thrusting shaking hands at the air.

5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.24%/4211728xp SCS
A towering clockwork machination barrels towards Elwyn, arms lifted so that its cannon-like arms are aimed for her torso. A shrill whistle pushes forth from its body before it unleashes a gout of scalding steam to envelop her body.
A towering clockwork machination barrels towards Elwyn, arms lifted so that its cannon-like arms are aimed for her torso. A shrill whistle pushes forth from its body before it unleashes a gout of scalding steam to envelop her body.
Elwyn takes a drink from a vial of the hunt.
Elwyn eats some irid moss.
Zortania thrusts her dhurive at a towering clockwork machination viciously.
Zortania has scored a CRITICAL hit!
Using her dhurive's momentum to her advantage, Zortania thrusts her second blade deep into a towering clockwork machination's body.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Zortania in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends her flying backwards.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Jami in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends her flying backwards.
Jami eases herself out of the Scorpion stance.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Mariena in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends her flying backwards.
Mariena's bark fetish ceases its rattling.
A towering clockwork machination lifts once of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards you in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends you flying backwards.
You ease yourself out of the Scorpion stance.
Health Lost: 1942, blunt.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Zortania in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends her flying backwards.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Daweson in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends him flying backwards.
3505/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.24%/4211728xp
Zortania takes a drink from a starburst celebration vial.
3505/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.24%/4211728xp

A towering clockwork machination barrels towards Elie, arms lifted so that its cannon-like arms are aimed for her torso. A shrill whistle pushes forth from its body before it unleashes a gout of scalding steam to envelop her body.
Elie has been slain by a towering clockwork machination.
Elie drops a skullcap flower.
Elie drops a black cohosh root.
Elie drops an echinacea root.
3577/5447h 3861/4888m 99e 98w 00C 28.26%/4211728xp

Kerryn picks up the corpse of Elwyn.
3197/5447h 3861/4888m 99e 98w 00C 28.26%/4211728xp SCS
Kerryn picks up the corpse of Elie.

Laying his bone dagger flat upon his palm, Lim flicks it sharply towards a towering clockwork machination. The blade speeds through the air and shatters on impact, before suddenly reappearing in Lim's hand.
Lim has scored a CRITICAL hit!
The final blow proves too much for a towering clockwork machination, who expires, pitifully.
Lim has slain a towering clockwork machination.
4941/5447h 3559/4888m 99e 98w 00C 28.26%/4211728xp SCS

A towering machination releases one final hissing burst of steam from its core before exploding in a display of metallic viscera that ripples and distorts, then vanishes into nothingness.

Elwyn blinks.

Omei slumps to the-- water? She treads just barely, gasping for air. "The- the last location... catching up..."

"Goddess! Queen.. I beg of you! Please and please..." Clovis whispers out, her voice husky from the shouting during battle.

Omei, the Beast Queen says, "They... come..."

The shrill hiss of steam blowing through brass fills the air, heralding the arrival of another wave of machinations that march shoulder-to-shoulder onwards towards you.

A towering clockwork machination goes after Lim.

Firmly, Magister Daweson Dark, Ward Prefect says to Clovis Spear, in a feral tongue, "All we can do for Her is fight. It is Her brother...you know this..."
5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.28%/4211728xp <-b > SCS
Gathering his power, Rivas focuses his power through a spiritual mace and releases it in a controlled burst of white-hot fire, burning a towering clockwork machination.
Rivas has scored a CRITICAL hit!
Jami's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
Jami pumps out at a towering clockwork machination with a powerful side kick.
She connects to the torso!
Jami has scored a STAGGERING CRITICAL hit.
Jami jabs the air, a bolt of fire flying from her fist to strike a towering clockwork machination.
She connects to the head!
Jami jabs the air, a bolt of fire flying from her fist to strike a towering clockwork machination.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Elwyn in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends her flying backwards.
A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Lim in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends him flying backwards.
Jami takes a long drag off her pipe.
5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.28%/4211728xp <-b > SCScombo machination sdk ucp ucp\\

In a vicious slash of his claws, Daweson tears open a towering clockwork machination's flesh.
Daweson rakes a towering clockwork machination with his claws.
In a vicious slash of his claws, Daweson tears open a towering clockwork machination's flesh.
Daweson has scored a CRITICAL hit!

Clovis Spear says to Magister Daweson Dark, Ward Prefect, "It is not the fight that I am begging to stop, Brother."

Magister Daweson Dark, Ward Prefect says to Clovis Spear, in a feral tongue, "I know. And yet..."

Daweson shrugs helplessly.

Omei stumbles forward, nearly falling, catching Herself by planting a fist on the floorboards.

A low, bestial growl rumbles in the back of Omei's throat as Her muscles grow taut, causing Her to double over as they stretch and snap beneath Her skin. Her face elongates into a lupine muzzle, Her teeth sharpen, and a thick pelt springs from his flesh. She gives Her body a vigorous shake and lets out a bone-chilling howl as She assumes the form of a werewolf.

"I KNOW WHERE HE IS," Omei snarls.

Stathan enters from the down following Kaleigh.

You are not alone where you stand. A powerful force seems to make itself present, just beside Omei. Though no physical body makes itself present, the energy it holds can certainly be attributed for.

Lim looks miserable - clothes drenched and sticking to his frame. His scarf flops limply down his torso.

Kaleigh gracefully hops off of a gentle pony.

Kaleigh slaps a gentle pony on the rump and sends it cantering off.

You say, "Please, please Lord?"

"KEEP FIGHTING," a voice bellows forth that stirs the air around you.

Loudly, Elwyn Taziyah says, "You heard Him!"

Mariena Tanarian says, "Here! He IS HERE! ISH!"

Kaleigh glances among those gathered after sending her pony away. She spots Kerryn and Jami moves to stand near them, a worried expression crossing her features as she waits.

Clovis looks a bit less than thrilled, as she glances over at Omei, but the concept of a battle fills her with excitable energy enough that she all but bounces in place next to Daweson.

"I- I KNOW... find the... LAST one..." Omei growls, urging the lot of you on.

You say, "There must be another place that holds Him back?"

Clovis nods her head emphatically.

You follow Kerryn to the down.

Hoary hide bristling, Omei rushes in from the ether.

Clovis Spear says, "One more.. one, one and a final one."

Xavin arrives from the northeast.

Stathan enters from the northeast following Kaleigh.

You follow Kerryn to the south.

Within a shepherd's hut.
Images flicker in and out of existence all around you here in such a way that leaves the air hanging with a forlorn sense of dread.
You see a single exit leading northeast.

Clovis Spear says, "HERE."

Softly, Omei, the Beast Queen says to Eyedrunk Elie Nine, "Stay close this... time... let the soldiers fight."

Elie clicks her mandibles sharply in irritation and edges close behind Omei.

Lim tightens his grip on his weapon. Though there is still some uncertainty - of his purpose here, of what is going on - he looks around

Comments

• You have emoted: Ianea braces herself, glaring around the area.

Stathan adopts a strange position and a look of pure menace flashes in his eyes.

Zortania growls menacingly.

Omei does not waste this moment with words. Hulking and furred, now, She nonetheless repeats the procedure, grasping at thin air, trying to wrest control of it.

And like last time, Omei succeeds.

Clovis puts on a suit of ring mail.

Clovis shifts her eyes from side to side suspiciously.

Trembling, Omei sinks to the ground. "He's... here..."

Kaleigh sinks back into the menacing stance of the Scorpion.

Elwyn's grip is tight on her leather whip tipped with burnished iron, waiting for a sign and ready to strike.

At first, you are greeted by nothing in such a way that allows the nature of the twisted landscape to truly sink in.

The ground rumbles beneath your feet.

"Th- they... were waiting... such numbers..." Omei whispers.

Once. Twice. The staccato begins to gradually increase as it soon becomes alarmingly obvious that the machinations beyond are approaching quickly.

You have emoted: Ianea mumbles something quietly and places a tiny figurine of a Kelki woman down between her feet.

You drop a tiny figurine of a Kelki woman.

Within a shepherd's hut.
    A tiny, poignant figurine is displayed; her form sprawled in an inelegant seat. Cohort Lim is here. He wields a chipped bone dagger in his left hand and a jewel-encrusted buckler in his right. Tracker Zortania Cardinalis is here, concealed within the shadows. She wields a vicious yellow brown dhurive in her hands. Sensei Stathan Vitroth is here. Clovis Spear is here. She wields a multi-purpose quarterstaff in her hands. Mariena Tanarian is here. She wields a carved quarterstaff of wood and bone in her hands. Sir Atticus Sinclair is here, shrouded. He wields a dark flame-tongue whip in his left hand and a gray-emblazoned buckler in his right. Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser is here. Clad in black and white fur, Omei, the Beast Queen hulks over you, rage in Her eyes. Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair is here. Seneschal Xavin Taziyah is here. He wields an emblazoned kite shield in his left hand and a shimmering magewood aetherstaff in his right. Eyedrunk Elie Nine is here. Elwyn Taziyah is here, shrouded. She wields a leather whip tipped with burnished iron in her right hand. Prioress Kaleigh Deschaine is here. This area has been overgrown with a swathe of seething plantlife. The sky is a torrent of dark lightning and eldritch miasma, the sea the red-black hue of blood.
    There are no obvious exits.

pr figurine
    This tiny sculpture has been intricately carved from a dark piece of coral. The form of a Kelki woman is sprawled in an inelegant seat atop a circular base. A poignant smile turns her visage into a fractious reflection of happiness, tiny fissures within the coral giving the appearance of tear tracks marring the forced joy even further. Cerulean pools gaze from within the dark contours of her face, matching the graduated colour of her sharp fins. The indigo of her burnished skin is nearly ebony within the rich detail of the miniature sculpture and she appears clad in the modesty of a simple robe of the same hue. One slender arm is held forth in entreaty while the other in clutched in strained lines against the robe over her heart, pulling the fabric taunt against her shoulders.

Clovis's toes dig into the very ground beneath her. All breathing limited within the confinements of her mask as she glances from side to side. She takes a few steps back, her quarterstaff raised as she moves closer to Omei as if she could defend or, perhaps more honestly, fight with her.

Clovis whispers into your consciousness, "Your mother is with you. Good fight."

The noise resounds from all sides now, circling you ominously. They come from all sides, circling the assembled group as the whirring produced from their metallic bodies grows louder in volume.

A towering clockwork machination goes after Stathan.
    5447/5447h 4888/4888m 100e 100w 00C 28.31%/4211728xp SCS
    A massive, translucent hammer rises out of a towering clockwork machination's tattoo and smashes Elie's magical shield.
    A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Stathan in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends him flying backwards.
    Stathan eases himself out of the Dragon stance.

Summoning the last of Her strength, Omei staggers to Her feet, spittle flung from Her jaws. "Let... them... come."

With a loud screech, Stathan kips up into a strange posture, a look of pure menace flashes in his eyes.
    Stathan takes a drink from a iridescent Sentaari catfish vial.
    Stathan eats some irid moss.

A towering clockwork machination goes after Clovis.

Cohort Lim exclaims, "HROAGH!"

Zortania thrusts her dhurive at a towering clockwork machination viciously.
    Using her dhurive's momentum to her advantage, Zortania thrusts her second blade deep into a towering clockwork machination's body.
    Zortania has scored a CRITICAL hit!

In a dazzling exhibition of agility, Stathan shifts from the form of the Dragon, to the Cat, to the stalwart Scorpion, throwing out artful swings and leg sweeps, before letting a towering clockwork machination have it with an expertly-placed kick.
    He connects to the torso!
    Stathan has scored a CRITICAL hit!
    Slowly, gracefully, Stathan dances across the battlefield, changing up his stance in languid movements like a stretching tiger. Spinning on his heel, he throws his momentum into a masterful punch aimed at a towering clockwork machination.
    He connects to the head!
    Stathan has scored a STAGGERING CRITICAL hit.
    Slowly, gracefully, Stathan dances across the battlefield, changing up his stance in languid movements like a stretching tiger. Spinning on his heel, he throws his momentum into a masterful punch aimed at a towering clockwork machination.
    He connects to the head!
    Stathan has scored a CRITICAL hit!

Laying his bone dagger flat upon his palm, Lim flicks it sharply towards a towering clockwork machination. The blade speeds through the air and shatters on impact, before suddenly reappearing in Lim's hand.

Kaleigh pumps out at a towering clockwork machination with a powerful side kick.
    Kaleigh has scored a CRITICAL hit!
    Kaleigh launches a powerful uppercut at a towering clockwork machination.
    Kaleigh launches a powerful uppercut at a towering clockwork machination.

Atticus dodges through time and space, reappearing behind a towering clockwork machination to choke it with a dark flame-tongue whip.

Kerryn pumps out at a towering clockwork machination with a powerful side kick.
    Kerryn has scored an ANNIHILATING CRITICAL hit!!!
    The final blow proves too much for a towering clockwork machination, who expires, pitifully.
    Kerryn has slain a towering clockwork machination.
    Kerryn sways unpredictably, lashing out at a towering clockwork machination with a bare-fisted blow.
    Kerryn has scored a CRITICAL hit!
    Kerryn has slain a towering clockwork machination.

Clovis Spear asks, "Why, why, why... why such dreams?"

They march onwards still, the droning sound of the steam that escapes their confines growing closer in proximity again.

A towering clockwork machination goes after Stathan.

Driving your leg into the ground for stability, you project a wall of psychic force toward a towering clockwork machination and batter it powerfully to the ground.
    You connect to the torso!
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    Damage done: 4791, blunt.
    Balance Used: 2.32 seconds
    You connect to the head!
    You have scored a STAGGERING CRITICAL hit!
    Damage done: 915, blunt.
    Left Hand Balance Used: 2.51 seconds
    You connect to the head!
    Damage done: 228, blunt.
    Right Hand Balance Used: 2.51 seconds

Momentarily transforming into a bolt of lightning, Clovis crashes down near a towering clockwork machination and drives an explosive blast of electricity into its frame through a multi-purpose quarterstaff.
    Clovis has scored a CRITICAL hit!

Daweson has scored a MUTILATING CRITICAL hit!
    Daweson has slain a towering clockwork machination.

A towering clockwork machination lifts once of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards you in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends you flying backwards.
    Health Lost: 1925, blunt.
    A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Lim in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends him flying backwards.
    A towering clockwork machination lifts one of its enormous legs to launch it powerfully towards Kerryn in a bone-crunching kick to the torso that sends her flying backwards.
    Kerryn eases herself out of the Scorpion stance.
    3522/5447h 4780/4888m 98e 99w 00C 28.43%/4211728xp

Stathan's eyes fill with battle rage as he screams out, "Praise Death!"

Jami's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Jami pumps out at a towering clockwork machination with a powerful side kick.
    Jami has scored a CRITICAL hit!
    Jami has scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!

Elwyn slips behind a towering clockwork machination and garrotes it with her whip.

Health Lost: 1620, blunt.
    2681/5447h 4627/4888m 98e 99w 00C 28.43%/4211728xp queue eqbal

Calling out to the Gods for justice, Rivas charges a spiritual mace with radiant spiritual energy, striking a pose in defiance of mortalkind's evil. Bellowing a fierce battlecry, he brings his weapon down on a towering clockwork machination's head, the powerful blow detonating in a shower of fire and light.

Charging forward, Clovis chants "Ka-la-kai," in a call to the spirits for strength. Striking with a multi-purpose quarterstaff, she unleashes a pure, blinding blast of energy - sending torrents of lightning searing through a towering clockwork machination.
    Clovis has scored a CRITICAL hit!
    Clovis has slain a towering clockwork machination.

A towering clockwork machination goes after Xavin.

Gathering his power, Rivas focuses his power through a spiritual mace and releases it in a controlled burst of white-hot fire, burning a towering clockwork machination.

Panting lightly, Rivas Silverain exclaims, "It reminds Him of Kelsys!"

Rivas exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from his lungs.

"Wh- what... is... is it over?" Omei asks.

The ceiling shatters as Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound kicks His way in, landing amidst the crowd.

Sucking in a few breaths, Seneschal Xavin Taziyah says, "His favored children were the kelki. You know of their clockwork creations, yes?"

Maraxis, the Godhammer shoots off sharp, snapping bolts of bluish-silver lightning as Damariel raises it upward.
    Damariel starts to wield Maraxis, the Godhammer in His hands.

Clovis Spear says, "Kelsys? Why is that His nightmare?"

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound exclaims, "Prepare to perish, mechanical menaces!"

Xavin purses his lips pensively, gazing thoughtfully at some distant point.

Sensei Stathan Vitroth says, "Hail, Lord Damariel!"

Clovis raises her staff before her in wordless greeting with the soft clatter of bone.

Seneschal Xavin Taziyah says, "I would venture it is because of that city's destruction."

Omei reaches out with a trembling hand. "They're... g- gone, Brother."

Kerryn presses the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right and bows respectfully to Damariel.

Zortania turns to face Damariel clenching her right fist and pounding her chest thrice in rapid succession, symbolizing the vibrant heart that beats within.

Xavin nods his head at Damariel.

Damariel's dark eyes sweep in one direction - then the other.

Sir Atticus Sinclair says to Clovis Spear, "Because He is the one who created the Kelki who in turn made Kelsys."

Elwyn nods her head at Damariel.

In a small voice, Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to Omei, the Beast Queen, "...oh."

You say to Clovis, "The Kelki were His. All our mechanical inclinations are because of the way He created us."

Damariel ceases to wield Maraxis, the Godhammer.

Damariel puts on Maraxis, the Godhammer.

Elie sinks back onto her heels at Omei's feet.

Adjusting his glasses, Rivas Silverain says to Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound, "Excellent timing as always, m'Lord."

Within a shepherd's hut.
    A long-legged ostrich is here, peering quizzically about. The shining figure of a guardian angel floats in the air here. Cohort Lim is here. He wields a chipped bone dagger in his left hand and a jewel-encrusted buckler in his right. Tracker Zortania Cardinalis is here, concealed within the shadows. She wields a vicious yellow brown dhurive in her hands. Sensei Stathan Vitroth is here. Clovis Spear is here. She wields a multi-purpose quarterstaff in her hands. Mariena Tanarian is here. She wields a carved quarterstaff of wood and bone in her hands. Sir Atticus Sinclair is here, shrouded. He wields a dark flame-tongue whip in his left hand and a gray-emblazoned buckler in his right. Damariel, the Unbound is here, His form encased in dark fullplate. Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser is here. Clad in black and white fur, Omei, the Beast Queen hulks over you, rage in Her eyes. Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair is here. Seneschal Xavin Taziyah is here. He wields an emblazoned kite shield in his left hand and a shimmering magewood aetherstaff in his right. Eyedrunk Elie Nine is here. Elwyn Taziyah is here, shrouded. She wields a leather whip tipped with burnished iron in her right hand. Prioress Kaleigh Deschaine is here. This area has been overgrown with a swathe of seething plantlife.
    You see a single exit leading northeast.

Kaleigh presses the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right and bows respectfully to Damariel.

You say, "Lord Slyphe? LORD!"

Shaking her head, Clovis Spear says, "I understand that. Yes, and I know of Kelsys. Just WHY would it tear so heavily."

You can see the following 2 objects:
    "ostrich292752" a long-legged ostrich.
    "guardian angel87320" a guardian angel.

Sadly, Clovis Spear says, "It is just.. awful."

Daweson settles down near Omei panting heavily, finally letting the strain show as the Nightmare seems to fade. "Th...they weren't...that....tough."

With much curiosity, Lim spies the awesome God from his place in the crowd.

Zortania pads over to Clovis' side, dragging her dhurive loosely against the ground from weariness.

"The... last of... it. Nnno morrrre night..." Omei slurs heavily, shaking the ground as She collapses into a tired, sweaty heap. Her tongue lolls from Her lupine jaws.

Xavin's tail flicks behind himself and he murmurs, "I would imagine that He might feel a sort of guilt or remorse....."

Elwyn wipes the back of her hand across her sweaty forehead, letting out a harsh break and sucking one back in.

The air around you begins to ripple and contort as dream and reality seem to overlap before your very eyes. Dreams of endless fields, subterranean depths, island nations - there is no precise way to place a limit upon that which can be gazed upon through the tear that begins to rip itself into existence here. Steam begins to hiss through the opening, slow at first, and then alarmingly fast.

You have emoted: Ianea glances around herself then down, noting the absence of her figurine with a small cry.

Clovis moves a few steps back until she is just by Omei, drawing Zortania by her side until the group is entirely clustered by her.

...And yet despite this, it does not burn you.

An enormous torrent of steam bursts forth from Mournhold and into the skies, clouding overhead in such a way that nearly blocks out the sun's rays for but a passing moment before it gradually diffuses.

Recoiling, a gauntlet raised to His face, Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says, "Zounds!"

Zortania follows Clovis carefully, huddling in close to Omei to join the group.

Stathan throws up a hand in reaction to the steam, bracing himself, eyes closed and head tilted down.

Kerryn takes a half-step forward, her gaze lifting skyward as she watches the torrent of steam.

Lim perks up, suddenly - as if drawn by an unseen voice.

Lim takes a tarot card inscribed with the Hermit from a military-grade black leather pack.
    Lim rubs his fingers briskly on a Tarot card.
    Lim flings a tarot to the ground. Upon contact, it explodes in a great flash of technicolor light and Lim is gone.

Elwyn begins to intensify slowly until she appears flesh and blood once more.

Kaleigh's eyes open wide as she watches the steam raise into the skies.

Jami takes a step next to Kerryn, her gaze flicking up, down, and all around the steam.

Elwyn's hand cups around her forehead as she glances upwards as the steam rises.

Crawling toward the hut's entrance, Omei, the Beast Queen says, "Can see nothing in... this... hovel..."

Stathan opens his eyes slowly and looks to Kerryn before following her gaze upwards.

Omei claws Her way northeast.

A windswept cobblestone lane between fields. (road)
    A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. Clad in black and white fur, Omei, the Beast Queen hulks over you, rage in Her eyes.
    You see exits leading east, southwest, and northwest.

Elie arrives from the southwest.

Mariena begins almost frantically humming once more, though the song is a fractured and twisting songline.

Damariel and Rivas leave to the southwest following Mariena.

Damariel and Rivas enter from the southwest following Mariena.

The shadows stir as a concealed figure slips in from the northwest.

Daweson paces anxiously around Omei circling her and watching the area warily.

A low, bestial growl rumbles in the back of Clovis's throat as her muscles grow taut, causing her to double over as they stretch and snap beneath her skin. Her face elongates into a lupine muzzle, her teeth sharpen, and a thick pelt springs from his flesh. She gives her body a vigorous shake and lets out a bone-chilling howl as she assumes the form of a werewolf.

A shadowy figure slips out of sight to the northwest.

Stathan casts a worried glance to Omei, but remains silent.

You say, "Perhaps he."

You clear your throat.

Kheoss arrives from the northwest.

Zortania ceases to wield a vicious yellow brown dhurive.

A low, bestial growl rumbles in the back of Zortania's throat as her muscles grow taut, causing her to double over as they stretch and snap beneath her skin. Her face elongates into a lupine muzzle, her teeth sharpen, and a thick pelt springs from his flesh. She gives her body a vigorous shake and lets out a bone-chilling howl as she assumes the form of a werewolf.

You say, "Perhaps He is where we felt the presence of Him?"

You bite down on your bottom lip, obviously troubled.

Kheoss raises his staff before him in wordless greeting with the soft clatter of bone.

Damariel squints skyward, setting His hand above His eyes to aid in sighting any strangeness.

Zortania falls down onto all pads, pacing back and forth nearby Omei - watching Her with a wary glance.

Omei, the Beast Queen says, "Damariel... what do your eyes see?"

A powerful black bear bounds suddenly into view, carrying Raka upon its back.

The shadows stir as a concealed figure slips in from the east.

Zortania's eyes glow a faint red as she briefly closes them.

Clovis, with nearly joyful abandon, continues the vigilant watch over Omei while a few moments are spared on everything else. "Find your God! Her Brother is near! If you need US, we will be here." She encourages while all four limbs remain firmly in place near Daweson and Zortania.

The glow of a pair of eyes a piercing cerulean in hue is made all the brighter by the steam that pours forth from the doorway of the small hut. A humanoid figure can be discerned standing within its confines. A powerful ripple of energy bursts forth from this figure that extinguishes the steam from existence in one dramatic burst to quite clearly reveal Slyphe.

Damariel's eyes wheel downward abruptly.

A dour Kelki villager steps in hurriedly from the northwest.

Idly, Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to Omei, the Beast Queen, "I see Our Brother."

Rivas regards Slyphe with a slight bow.

Rivas Silverain says, "M'Lord."

Snapping her eyes on Slyphe, Elwyn Taziyah says, "Lord!"

A font of flaring green flames blossoms in the air before you, molding together to create the hulking form of the Hunter.

Stathan presses the open palm of his left hand against the clenched fist of his right and bows respectfully to Slyphe.

Calihye inclines her head politely to those around her.

Angwe gracefully hops off of a powerful black bear.

Arching his back and lifting his head to the sky, Daweson cries a bloody howl to the heavens.

"Oh... it worked," Omei wheezes, spending a fleeting moment gazing at Slyphe before collapsing on the ground.

A windswept cobblestone lane between fields. (road)
    A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. A long-legged ostrich is here, peering quizzically about. The shining figure of a guardian angel floats in the air here. Surrounded by a whirling vortex of water, Slyphe, the Maelstrom is here. Tracker Zortania Cardinalis is here, covered in brown fur. Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost is here. He wields a Yggdrasian quarterstaff of the Rhythm in his hands. Sensei Stathan Vitroth is here. Clovis Spear is here, covered in golden fur. She wields a multi-purpose quarterstaff in her hands. Raka Amaratha is here. She is riding on a powerful black bear. She wields a vicious black dhurive in her hands. Mariena Tanarian is here. She wields a carved quarterstaff of wood and bone in her hands. Sir Atticus Sinclair is here, shrouded. He wields a dark flame-tongue whip in his left hand and a gray-emblazoned buckler in his right. Damariel, the Unbound is here, His form encased in dark fullplate. Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser is here. Clad in black and white fur, Omei, the Beast Queen hulks over you, rage in Her eyes. Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair is here. Seneschal Xavin Taziyah is here. He wields an emblazoned kite shield in his left hand and a shimmering magewood aetherstaff in his right. Haern looms here, his hulking form dominating the area. Eyedrunk Elie Nine is here. Elwyn Taziyah is here, shrouded. She wields a leather whip tipped with burnished iron in her right hand. Prioress Kaleigh Deschaine is here. This area has been overgrown with a swathe of seething plantlife.
    You see exits leading east, southwest, and northwest.

Zortania catches the scent of Slyphe, turning only a moment to incline her wolven head respectfully towards Him.

You see Clovis shout, "Arooooooooooo arooooo!!!"

Raka inclines her head politely to those around her.

"Lord Slyphe!" Kerryn exclaims, delight evident upon her features as she spots Slyphe in the doorway.

A clockwork messenger bat flits in from above and begins flapping around.

You see Mariena shout, "ArooooOoooo!"

A clockwork messenger bat chirps happily at Clovis.

A clockwork messenger bat says to Clovis, "Ooooooora!"

A clockwork messenger bat flies suddenly out of the room.

Elie scampers to Omei's side, laying warm red hands on her skin.

Kheoss inclines his head politely to Haern.

"Beast One!" Angwe exclaims, taking a step from behind Haern towards the fallen Goddess.

Haern gives a shake of His great head with a rumbling grumble of a growl.

Jami squeezes at her sister's hand instinctively, her mouth hanging up but silent as she looks upon her Lord.

Despite the dramatic appearance, Slyphe too stumbles forward to nearly sprawl upon the ground, catching Himself with an outstretched hand. His eyes flutter shut momentarily, but open again just after.

Clovis steps between Angwe and Omei, a brief snort given as she attempts to recognize him as he advances.

Through gritted teeth, Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "Ngh. You lot made it. You did it."

You have emoted: Ianea runs up to Slyphe and stops abruptly right before Him, dropping to her knees with her hands hovering over Him.

The air around you warms considerably, heat beginning to pour through the area. Bare feet carry Auresae in quietly, steam rising from them. "Evening, Brother. Good to see You. I was beginning to get worried."

Angwe pauses, glancing abashedly back towards Haern. His gaze, however, is held by a long-legged ostrich for a time.

Elwyn steps forward, coming near to Slyphe's side.

Clovis Spear says to Ranger Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh, in a feral tongue, "DON'T even THINK about eating him!"

A cloaked figure slips in quietly and glances around, noting a few of you with faint nods before settling his attention on Slyphe. Large hands come up and grasp at the edges of his hood, tugging it out of the way as he separates from the shadows and makes his identity known. "Father," rumbles the Yeleni, just in time to note Slyphe's fumble and take two rapid steps forward, dropping down as if to help the fallen Divinity.

Rashar deftly lowers the hood of a cloak of obscurity, revealing his identity.

Xavin offers a brief bow to Haern before shifting to stand near to him. His gaze slips towards Slyphe and a brief smile tugs at his lips.

Daweson drops low to the ground, not quite growling at any who approach Omei but clearly restraining himself from doing so. He tips his head at Haern and then Auresae in turn, then gives a great wolfish grin to Slyphe.

Zortania gives her body a vigorous shake and begins to shed her werewolf form, the fur receding rapidly, and her body shrinking back to normal size, not a single trace of the wolf remaining.

Kaleigh blinks a few times as she focuses on Slyphe's appearance. "Lord," she murmurs, taking a single step forward and one back again.

"As if anything would stop us." Kerryn comments matter-of-factly. "You've taught us well, Lord Slyphe. We don't give up easily." she slowly advances, concern evident upon her features.

You have emoted: Ianea presses a cup into Slyphe's outstretched hand.

The pack upon Slyphe's back releases a shrill whistle as it expels a gout of soot-colored steam. This noise seems to shake the Deity momentarily, and His head snaps up to gaze upon those gathered. A grunt pushes forth from His chest as He weakly quips, "Pit of a welcoming committee."

You blink.

Zortania settles down on her haunches next to Omei, feline lips curled into a feral snarl. She simply watches the crowd, though glances back at her from time to time.

Pursing his lips, Ranger Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says to Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "Long, strange journey YOU'VE had, I bet."

Tilting His head, Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "Brother, You've turned Yourself into a clockwork toy."

Auresae pays little attention to Her Brothers after Her initial greeting, moving straight over to Omei. "You are going to kill Yourself one day, My Love," She murmurs to Her, "You need to be more careful."

Mariena slips around Slyphe and stares up at the pack. "How in the WOORLD. Do You.. WHY would you.." Each grumble is cut off as she watches the soot and steam stain the pack upon her Lord.

Her attention on Omei, Elie seems entirely uninterested in anything else. She brushes water from the goddess's hair, her shoulders tensing at the approach of others.

Clovis Spear says to Auresae, Goddess of Fire, in a feral tongue, "I warned Her. I told Her."

Melantha arrives from the east.

Pointing out the clockwork backpack, Ranger Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says, "'Tis a mek-a-nik thing."

Daweson settles down immediately to lie on the ground with a snuffle, making way for Auresae.

It is now the 4th of Chakros, year 424 of the Midnight Age.

Rivas exhales softly through his nose as he watches in silence, his veins glowing just a bit brighter in the presence of his Goddess.

Zortania smiles at Daweson.

Enmeshed in the protective aegis of Her Order, shaded by Her Sister Auresae, Omei stirs, sucking in a much-needed pull of air. "Had to b-be... done. And what worth..."

Angwe furrows his brow in consternation.

Omei nods slowly to Elie.

Offering a wave of a hand to Slyphe, Haern, the Hunter says, "What mockery is this, Brother?"

Elwyn's grip lessens just a tad on her whip as she stands at Slyphe's side now.

Dark clouds gather above the Green Lake, blue lightning flickering among them.

Slyphe pushes Himself up with an exhalation of breath to leave Him flat upon His rear, feet stretched out before Him in a display far less formal than likely intended. "You learn to blend in," is all He comments to Damariel, lips twitching upwards into some hint of a grin. The grin vanishes quickly as His attention swivels to land upon Omei. "Sister... I.. I am sorry," He admits, barely. The loss of words He faces is seemingly rare for the God.

Angwe glances over his shoulder, scanning the west-northwestern skies for trouble.

With a wag of her tail, Clovis pedals back into a standing position and prances about Omei, glancing eagerly at Auresae. "We will protect Her. She will be cared for. Many offerings. Much dreaming." Her nails clatter against the cobblestones as she whirls in place, a wolfish grin pulling at her maw. "We are a Pack. She may draw from us."

With great effort, Omei is able to wrench Herself up, and by yanking on Auresae's arm She can manage to take a knee. "No... apology is Mine. Was I... who lost You."

Under Her breath, Omei, the Beast Queen says, "You look so strange."

Swinging a hand forward, Damariel swats Slyphe across the back of His head. "You'd best be sorry," He grunts, staring archly at His Brother. "You had us all worried. There's Teshen, Shadows, and sundry trouble and You're off gallivanting every which way. Irresponsible. Selfish."

Pausing, Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "Glad You're alive."

Damariel gives Slyphe a tight hug.

Haern grunts at Damariel noncommittally.

Elie pushes a luscious lemon into Omei's hands, as if it will cure any ill.

Rashar rises up even as Slyphe does, taking a step back and out of the way. As if satisfied that the Maelstrom isn't at risk of falling - and as if the Yeleni could prevent it if it were so - he turns his head, finds Rivas and Melantha with quick nods, and then moves a few paces over towards Auresae.

"You do not think before You act," Auresae chastises, though Her words are hardly angry as She squats down beside Omei. "Come here, My Love," She leans slightly forward, scooping the worn Goddess up into Her ebon arms and holding Her closely to Her chest.

Angwe allows himself a brief, hidden smile at the scene.

Clovis wheels around Auresae and Omei, her domain of protection having been expanded to include her.

Zortania blinks a few times, watching Clovis carefully before stumbling right in line next to her.

Elie spins on her heel and expels a stream of agitated clicks at Calihye.

Angwe ceases to wield a claw-bladed blackwood dhurive, securing it to his weaponbelt.

Mariena juts out two fingers and tentatively pokes at the pack on Slyphe very, very gently. She does not wish to move from the Maelstrom, but she is EVER so curious.

Though Her hand dwarfs Elie's in size, Omei takes the lemon with surprising delicacy, stuffing it into Her mouth whole, humming favorably at its juices. "Thank you, girl. Thank you, My children. You were of vital importance to My Brother's people." Though Her weight is great, She lifts to Her feet, borne by Auresae, barely able to stand.

Slyphe takes the swat to the head with a grunt, His head shaking. "I was ready to stay there," He finally, resolutely states with a grim nod. "I didn't think escape was possible." He allows silence to reign for a moment before commenting, "But... dare I say it was worth it?"

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "Time will tell. You let Me know if You're going to be a damn fool again in the future."

Damariel narrows His eyes at Slyphe.

Befuddled, stumbling over His words, Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "They... they looked at things so differently. They dreamed of things far beyond that which is even possible - or maybe it is."

Melantha smiles as she enters, relief showing as her eyes pick out Slyphe among the many Divine. She meets Auresae's eyes briefly, but stays silent, watching the scene unfold.

Daweson nods slowly at Omei's words, looking almost sleepy now that the battle is done and the Queen is safe. "I'll want a long nap, I think." he growls in the general direction of Clovis and Zortania.

Elie just as quickly returns her attention to her goddess, hovering nearby, shoulder-to-shoulder with her companions.

Zortania lets out a purring chuckle, nodding her head in agreement as Daweson speaks. Leaning in, she murmurs something quietly to him.

Zortania murmurs something softly to Daweson.

Damariel grunts noncommittally.

Daweson bares his teeth at Zortania in a feral grin.

Damariel raises His hand in farewell.

Damariel, the Unbound turns and strides away, His aura of light and calm fading as He goes.

Prompting, Mariena Tanarian says to Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "WHAT would be worth it?"

"You there..." Omei says to the open air, "Pay your respects-- do not gawk."

Catty ripples into existence before you.

Ishin ripples into existence before you.

More quietly, Eyedrunk Elie Nine clicks and chitters to speak a phrase outside of your comprehension.

Clovis moves her head towards Daweson, her expression more a friendly baring of teeth then actual words.

Ishin lifts a hand, scratching at his belly. "That's not nice," he says urbanely.

Eying the unphased Syssin, Ranger Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh mutters, "Right on time."

An aura of light and calm descends upon your surroundings as Damariel, the Unbound strides into view.

Clovis murmurs something softly to Daweson.

Daweson nods his head at Clovis, showing his acceptance.

"Aha. There these two are," Damariel comments, trading glances between Ishin and Aren.

Rashar lifts an eyebrow at Angwe. "Surprised you didn't notice them earlier."

Kaleigh tilts her head to the side as she listens to Slyphe's words. She remains quiet, taking a few steps towards the God but pauses once the newcomers appear.

Auresae continues to hold Omei until She's confident She can stand on Her own. Slowly releasing Her, She continues to stand beside Her in silence.

"I'm soooooo glad you're back and safe, Lord Slyphe." Aren says rather sarcastically.

Ranger Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says to Rashar, "Guard's down. Deadly mistake."

Slyphe pays no mind to the unveiling of the Syssin present, His attention shifting to address those of His Order where they stand. "I... I've learned a lot," He summarizes.

Ishin's lips turn up into a grin, not huge, but enough to reveal both sets of long, sharp canines. "'lo, Unbound."

Clovis Spear says to Omei, the Beast Queen, in a feral tongue, "Would Dreamland be best?"

Slyphe pushes Himself to His feet with a wobble before distractedly asking, "Did any of you feed Hungry while I was away?"

Haern, the Hunter says to Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "A surprising change already for You, Brother."

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to Ishin Cardinalis, "Khenarkha sends her regards."

"In Lanos' name!" Damariel sharply interjects, stepping forward to deliver an aggressive uppercut to Ishin's chin, who falls to the ground out cold.

Being unconscious, Ishin Cardinalis falls over.

Damariel narrows His eyes at Ishin.

Aren stares implacably at Damariel.

Damariel stares implacably at Aren.

Rashar purses his lip. 'That's one way to do it," he says conversationally.

"Ha!" Damariel sharply interjects, stepping forward to deliver a quick rabbit punch to Aren's head, who falls to the ground out cold.

Being unconscious, Aren Ratek Yaslana falls over.

"Tea," Omei proclaims, with sudden decisiveness. This is issued with the authority of a command to any of Her congregation would hear. "We have done our deed for the day. Tea and rest..."

Rashar purses his lip. "That's one way to do it," he says conversationally.

Ishin regains consciousness with a start.

Ishin stands up and stretches his arms out wide.

"Hungry's fine, Lord Slyphe. He'll be happy to see you are safe, I imagine." Kerryn answers Slyphe.

Mariena offers a huff of breath. "He might have been fed a few mutinous sorts."

Angwe whistles appreciatively.

Zortania nods her head at Omei.

Aren regains consciousness with a start.

Aren stands up and stretches his arms out wide.

Rivas Silverain says to Aren Ratek Yaslana, "It's not polite to stare, old man."

Slyphe, the Maelstrom says to Auspicious Legacy, Abbess Kerryn Cardinalis-Sinclair, "I believe he's likely ready for a meal."

Daweson nods his head at Omei.

A sudden torrent of water falls upon Aren like a weight, concealing him entirely in a shifting grey-blue curtain. As the last of the water drops to the ground, Aren is gone from sight.

Elwyn gives Slyphe a solemn nod.

Kerryn nods to Slyphe, "I bet he's still hungry."

Though, a moment later, Elwyn's lips curl upwards in a grin.

Softly, Arch Duchess Catty D'baen, Dark Priestess says, "Lord.."

Ishin's blue eyes gleam brightly. "Goodness," he murmurs. "I'll make sure to put some flowers on her grave later, for that."

Tracker Zortania Cardinalis says to Clovis Spear, "I should rest, sister. Talk another time."

Grand Mistress Jami Siarani, The Bruiser says, "Poor Hungry hasn't had a meal in a while.."

Ishin lifts a hand, rubbing at his chin gingerly before peering over at Damariel.

Angwe smiles wryly at Catty.

Clovis nods her head at Zortania.

Zortania pushes herself back onto her feet.

Zortania clenches her right fist and pounds her chest thrice in rapid succession, symbolizing the vibrant heart that beats within.

Shooting a glance over His retreating shoulder, Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to Ishin Cardinalis, "You better make it every month."

You have emoted: Ianea stands up and grins at the turn in conversation.

Damariel, the Unbound turns and strides away, His aura of light and calm fading as He goes.

Zortania places her fingers to her mouth, pausing for a moment before blowing hard, creating a sharp, carrying whistle.
    A gentle pony trots in, beckoned by its master's call.

Zortania swiftly swings up onto a gentle pony.

Zortania blurs with speed as her mount gallops her away to the northwest.

Kindly, Auresae, Goddess of Fire says to Omei, the Beast Queen, "Can You walk, My Sister?"

Angwe puts his fingers to his lips and whistles sharply.

Nodding once affirmatively, Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "Things... will be different. We will create. Slyphians will amass wondrous creations that inspire. Yes."

Helpfully, Clovis Spear says, in a feral tongue, "I can sing us near Dream, Queen."

As Ishin touches a simple pendant, a steady blast of air fans out from beneath his feet, lightening his steps.

You beam broadly at Slyphe.

Rashar inclines his head to Auresae and Slyphe before waving shortly at the gathered congregation. Up comes the hood, even as he turns and disappears into the distance.

You say, "Like those that my people dreamed?"

Kerryn lifts a delicate eyebrow at Slyphe, "Creations, Lord Slyphe?" she questions.

"What kind of creations are you talking about Lord?" Kaleigh asks quietly.

Ishin tucks his hands into the pockets of his coat, his expression curious as he listens quietly.

"Just barely," Omei says, keeping an arm furled tightly around Auresae. "As touching as this is... I have earned a long, long nap."

Securing his mace, Rivas reaches up to adjust his glasses with his index finger. He leans in to Mariena to murmur a few quiet words before turning to leave.

Omei, the Beast Queen says to Clovis Spear, "That would be good. But before I go..."

Rivas murmurs something softly to Mariena.

Clovis gives her body a vigorous shake and begins to shed her werewolf form, the fur receding rapidly, and her body shrinking back to normal size, not a single trace of the wolf remaining.

"Precisely," Slyphe says before offering you a nod. Another gout of steam pushes forth from the pack He wears. "Were it not for the hope I glanced upon within that forsaken place through their creations, I would have succumbed," the God explains with an exhalation of breath. "We will mirror it. Rival it, even," He affirms.

You see Jami shout, "So was your mouth, keep it shut next time."

Catty's skin begins to slowly char, exposed to the sunlight.

Mariena nods her head emphatically.

Omei glances across the lane, practically pinning Slyphe in Her eyes. "You look good, Brother. It warms Me to see You returned."

Shifting His focus to Omei, Slyphe, the Maelstrom says to Omei, the Beast Queen, "I thank You, Sister. Despite the trouble it's caused, there is good to be revealed, of this I assure You."

Auresae nods slowly to Omei, turning Her focus off of Her Sister for the first time to look Slyphe up and down closely. "Things are changing, to say the least."

A beautiful melody wafts across the heavens, lifting each of the faithful Congregation of Slyphe, the Maelstrom with the divine blessing of Slyphe, the Maelstrom.

A beautiful melody wafts across the heavens, lifting each of the faithful Congregation of Omei, the Beast Queen with the divine blessing of Slyphe, the Maelstrom.

Ishin's head shakes slowly from side to side. "Unbelievable," he says aloud, though it seems to himself.

Mariena leaves to the northwest.

Omei leans into Auresae and mashes Her lupine face clumsily at Auresae's cheek in a sort of sloppy kiss. "Thank You, Sister. Thank You."

You take a white ceramic jug from a compact black leather pack.

Omei, the Beast Queen says to Clovis Spear, "Take us home, girl."

You sip from a white ceramic jug full of chilled, vodka thyme lemonade and you immediately can taste the subtle flavor of the thyme before the slight burn of the vodka hits you.

"I will always be here," Auresae whispers, reaching up to stroke the back of Omei's head once before releasing Her to Clovis's care.

Clovis begins to sing a song of journey to Omei and Her form begins to flicker uncertainly.

Compact muscles rippling beneath Her hoary hide, Omei barrels out to the ether.

Once more addressing His, Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "We will Change, Mine, as we are ever so adept at doing. I assure you that there is promise in this image which I see fit to pursue. We will all learn. We will all grow."

Clovis leaves to the northwest.

Elie leaves to the east.

Calihye gives the world a smart salute.

A shadowy figure slips out of sight to the northwest.

Shaking his head again, his expression one of faint disbelief, Ishin turns and departs, right hand lifting and waving in the air as he moves away.

Angwe follows Ishin with his sockets, his expression one of cool hunger for a moment.

Under her breath, you say, "Change or be broken."

"I have escaped from that nightmare anew, and so too shall Mine," Slyphe declares, vibrato entering His tone as He speaks. "I will henceforth be known as the Fabricator, as there is far more potential to be tapped through the power of water than a storm alone."

And finally Ianea's summary of the event, in item form.

Appearance:
    a multi-tiered totem cumulating in cerulean eyes
    Dropped:
    A multi-tiered totem is displayed here, cumulating in piercing cerulean eyes.
    Examined:
    This totem is approximately a foot in height and crafted from a mix of carved wood and burnished steel. The silver surface of the metal forms the base of the totem, small hidden mechanisms causing it to emit a measured, staccato thumping. The next piece is carved from ebony wood in the form of a sullen and fearful Kelki. Dark and velvety, the wood holds the forlorn look of true despair on the features of the woman, her eyes the only part of her visage that is polished, giving her a fever-bright appearance. Looming above the Kelki is the powerful form of Omei, Her werewolf fur carved from birch and lacquered with darkness in textured waves. Brushed steel has been inlaid with various coloured woods in the next tier of the totem. The myriad colours ranging from redwood to pale alabaster through to blue-black, creating a sickening swirl of wood from which the image of a nightmarish, clockwork machination emerges in bright, polished metal. Cumulating at the very top of the totem is an oval of etched metal beholden to billowing clouds of steam. Two piercing cerulean eyes are the only clearly visible thing in the steam, surrounded in the vague outline of the face of Slyphe.

KerrynAarbrokOmei
  • Woohoo! I just did ctrl-f "lim" to find all my parts. CAMEO baby
    AngwePiperOmei
  • Best part: @Damariel crashing the party late, ready to clobber some robots.

i am rapture coder
    KerrynSolariaAuresaeSlyphePiper
  • I swear, now I can't help but picture Him as batman from the old TV show.

Recoiling, a gauntlet raised to His face, Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says, "Zounds!"

Ka-pow! Bam!
    KerrynOmei
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I keep reading his title as: Damariel NOT Lanos Arion, the Unbound. >_>;
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ashmer
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    His name is Vlad- nul vampyr.

Aarbrok
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Omei said:

Best part: @Damariel crashing the party late, ready to clobber some robots.

And some Spireans! Me and @Aren got it good. The whole time I was uncon, I was like, omg omg omg, I hope none of these clowns attack me T_T T_T T_T. lol.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    ArenPiperAshmer