Care for a drink?

SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
Okay, okay. I'm posting some backlogs of logs. This one is from about two weeks ago with @Kelliara, @Pearle, and @Kog.

You tell Kelliara, "Hello, Doyen."

Kelliara tells you, "Greetings."

You tell Kelliara, "Are you fairing well?"

Kelliara tells you, "Not particularly."

You tell Kelliara, "What is wrong?"

Kelliara tells you, "Restless."

You tell Kelliara, "Ah..aye. I know how that goes."

-Kelliara dies a few times-

You tell Kelliara, "Hunting looks like it is going a bit rough."

Kelliara tells you, "It was, yes."

Kelliara tells you, "Less so now, however."

You tell Kelliara, "Ah, good."

Kelliara tells you, "What trouble are you getting yourself into."

You tell Kelliara, "Not a single bit at all, my dear. Just sitting in my chilly garden."

Kelliara tells you, "Sounds...exciting."

You tell Kelliara, "It's not, but it's nice right now."

Kelliara tells you, "Why not set yourself a task of some sort?"

You tell Kelliara, "I will soon. For now, I feel like just enjoying the snow."

Kelliara tells you, "Would you care for a drink in a short while?"

You tell Kelliara, "Mm..aye, why not?"

Kelliara tells you, "Very well. I will need to nap a short time, then I will come find you."

You tell Kelliara, "Alright."

-head up to Spinesreach to wait-

Kelliara arrives from the south.

Kelliara inclines her head politely to you.

Kelliara begins to follow you.

You purse your lips, deep in thought.

You say, "Let's see.."

Kelliara follows you to the south.

-head to the bar-

--- Brass Monkey Imports -------- -3:-4:0 ---
There are 5 tall, padded bar stools here. A long hardwood bar is here, a brass monkey statuette, a few paper Brass Monkey coasters, and a long-necked glass bottle atop it. A round wooden table is here, a few paper Brass Monkey coasters atop it. 3 wooden spindle-back chairs have been placed at it. A circular bar table is here, 3 wooden spindle-back chairs have been placed at it. A high shelf packed with bottles stretches along the wall. A large mat decorated with brass-hued monkeys has been spread out here. A basket for collection of used cups has been placed here. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Hands folded in the sleeves of his dark, voluminous robes, a cabalist stands ready to guard his city. A large, crimson-felted table stands here. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see exits leading east (open pine door) and down (closed pine door).

You have emoted: Solaria walks over to the bar, leaning against it, "What would you like, Kelliara?"

Doyen Kelliara looks thoughtful and says, "Red Ale."

You have emoted: Solaria nods her head, handing over some gold and retrieving two drinks from the barkeep.

Kelliara with a nod to you. "My thanks."

You have emoted: Solaria nods her head, bringing the bottle to her nose and taking a sniff, "I've never had this before."

You sip from a long-necked glass bottle full of New Republic red ale, the drink going down smooth and leaving an invigorating aftertaste in your mouth.

You lick your lips.

You say, "Eh, not bad."

You shrug helplessly.

Doyen Kelliara says, "Not blood, however."

You grin mischievously at Kelliara.

You say, "I don't have to drink blood alone. Just don't have much reason to drink anything else these days."

You have emoted: Solaria leans her back in against the bar, giving a shrug of her shoulders, "I don't even drink blood much lately."

Raising an eyebrow, Doyen Kelliara says, "No?"

Nodding her head, you say, "Prefer it fresh if I can, so mostly just settle in to daydreaming in my home and ignoring the desire to feed."

You sip from a long-necked glass bottle of New Republic red ale, the drink going down smooth and leaving an invigorating aftertaste in your mouth.

You say, "Last time was with one of the men I had been bedding briefly."

Doyen Kelliara says, "Surely Bahir'an has a surplus of men willing to be fed upon. All of the other houses seem to."

You say, "Not really. We only have a handful of people in the house, mostly already blooded."

You have emoted: Solaria rolls her shoulders in another shrug, "I mostly keep to myself. Perhaps I'll feed on whatever childe I take on."

Doyen Kelliara says to you, "I cannot say I am displeased to hear that. I have not held much regard for those willing to allow themselves to be fed upon so casually."

You say to Kelliara, "It's quite a pleasurable experience, cannot blame anyone for doing as much."

You tap your nose knowingly.

"As you say," Kelliara says slowly, looking and sounding entirely unconvinced.

You have emoted: "I'd show you, but eh..likely not best." Solaria says, waving her hand dismissively towards the end of her words.

Kelliara raises an eyebrow questioningly.

You shrug helplessly.

Kelliara's hand slips into her pocket to withdraw her cigar. "Should I take that to mean you wish to feed on me?" she asks, looking mildly amused.

Kelliara brings a smooth, ice-blue cigar to her lips and takes a long drag.

You have emoted: Solaria runs a tongue against one of her fangs as her lips creep into a wry grin, "I wouldn't exactly turn down the notion.."

Kelliara exhales a cloud of shifting white smoke that expands hugely, coiling and eddying hungrily in the air. The mass of smoke almost seems to rage, boiling and disturbed, before finally dispersing.

Doyen Kelliara wryly says to you, "The last vampire to try was somewhat aggrieved when the tables turned and he became my meal."

You stick out your tongue rudely at Kelliara.

You say to Kelliara, "Perhaps I like that, unlike the other."

Kelliara chuckles dryly. "At any rate, you say you have not been occupying yourself with over much? Why not?"

You have emoted: Solaria settles her back in against the bar once again, staring up at the ceiling blankly, "Eh, just haven't felt much motivation. I do what is needed and nothing more."

Doyen Kelliara says, "And what is needed?"

You say, "Aye, house or city affairs."

You wave a hand dismissively at the world, which neither impresses nor amuses you.

You say, "That nonsense."

Doyen Kelliara wryly says to you, "Oh? Tired of undead politics and the like?"

You smile and say, "Tired of politics in general. Had my fill for a while."

You say, "I mean, leading in Enorian and Duiran takes a hit on your mental desire to do any of it."

Doyen Kelliara says to you, "Sounds as if you could use some work that is more interesting, then."

You say to Kelliara, "There is no more interesting work, unless I take up writing..and I am pitting tired of writing."

Doyen Kelliara says to you, "Oh? Why not make some for yourself."

You raise an eyebrow questioningly.

You say, "What in the world would you suggest?"

Doyen Kelliara looks thoughtful and says, "Forge your own Consanquine House, perhaps."

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

You say, "Oh bloody pit, no. I've lead Nebre'seir and Lunare, and attempted to forge my own house...I'm never doing that business again."

Doyen Kelliara says, "Why not?"

You say, "I lead two of the most drama-filled and annoying houses to date, though I did it successfully."

You shrug helplessly.

You say, "I am tired of the political drama that happens."

Kelliara waves her hand dismissively. "Fine then. Something else, perhaps."

Kelliara exhales a cloud of shifting white smoke that expands hugely, coiling and eddying hungrily in the air. The mass of smoke almost seems to rage, boiling and disturbed, before finally dispersing.

You drink from a long-necked glass bottle of New Republic red ale, the drink going down smooth and leaving an invigorating aftertaste in your mouth.

You say, "I have nothing else, Kelliara, unless I go out hunting like a mad woman."

(Web): Ezalor says, "Target: Jami."

Doyen Kelliara says, "Involve yourself in someone elses life, and attempt to improve it. Or worsen it."

You say, "I have very few I wish to bother doing any of that with."

Doyen Kelliara says, "Throw yourself into the service of one of the Gods."

You say, "I am trying, but it's not something that happens quickly."

Kelliara snorts softly. "You are making excuses."

You have emoted: Solaria narrows her glance towards Kelliara as she pushes away from the bar, "I am being honest and realistic."

Doyen Kelliara says to you, "It is fairly simple. If you wish to do something aside from laze about, and hunt like a mad woman, you will."

You say to Kelliara, "Then clearly, I don't truly want anything. Perhaps a companion, but that is all. I'm old and tired."

You shrug helplessly.

You say, "I like having a break, even if it gets old."

Kelliara tilts her head back. "Mmm. A break is one thing, but allowing yourself to grow completely still is how the snow and dust settles on you."

You have emoted: Solaria crosses her arms against her chest, "Maybe that's what needs to be done."

Doyen Kelliara says to you, "Oh?"

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "I just need to be something in the shadows for a while."

You sip from a long-necked glass bottle of New Republic red ale, the drink going down smooth and leaving an invigorating aftertaste in your mouth.

Kelliara blinks at you, and abruptly bursts into laughter. "Oh, is that all? Mm, yes. Understandable. Can still lurk in background and do things."

Doyen Kelliara frowns and says to you, "Was concerned you intended to give up on everything."

You have emoted: Solaria lets out a snort, "Maybe I do just want to give up nearly everything. Nothing is wrong with that."

Doyen Kelliara says to you, "Disagree."

Doyen Kelliara says, "Does not do to become complacent."

You say to Kelliara, "You are of His, so of course you'd think that."

Doyen Kelliara says to you, "And I do not believe complacency will suit you. Not really."

You say, "Mm, why do you say that?"

Kelliara take a long swig of her drink, nearly emptying the bottle in one go. "Because," she replies, wiping her lips on the back of her hand, "You have a tendency towards restlessness. Complacency at length will not do you well."

You have emoted: "You haven't known me long enough to know, for certain, that I can deal with being complacent." Solaria states plainly, giving Kelliara a glance before staring down at her feet, "Frankly, I was a hermit at one point for nearly thirty some odd years and did just fine."

Kelliara casts you a wry glance, complete with a widening smile that creeps across her features. "And yet you appear to have left your hermacy at some point, no?"

You have emoted: "Aye, and I likely will eventually." Solaria states, ending her words with a snort as her features shift into a scowl, "Just in my own time and with good reason."

"As you say," Kelliara repeats, still smiling and looking rather smug. "What shall we discuss instead, then?"

You have emoted: "Tell me what you've been up to." Solaria says, visibly relaxing as she shifts to clasp both hands together behind her lower back.

Kog tells you, "All is well, I trust?"

You tell Kog, "Mostly."

Kog tells you, "Mostly good to hear, then."

You tell Kog, "Hah."

Kelliara blinks, scowls, and then sighs heavily. "Making plans, mostly. Plotting and scheming. Hunting. Drinking."

Pearle arrives from the east.

Kog tells you, "Thought I would say hello. Checking on Periluna's shop for her while she is away."

Pearle hurls himself into the shop, pulling a bone helm from his head as he enters. This he slams down on the bar, calling, with a rough voice, for a drink.

Pearle removes a ridged bone helm.

You tell Kog, "Oh? Well, it's very good to hear your voice in my head, dear. I had missed you."

Pearle buys a heavy glass bottle full of pear-infused brandy.

Kog tells you, "It has been awhile, aye. Take care?"

You have emoted: Solaria blinks a few times, her gaze shifting to Pearle before it rolls back over to Kelliara. She says nothing but simply blinks her eyes.

You tell Kelliara, "What..in the world.."

You tell Kog, "You as well."

You tell Kog, "Miss you."

Doyen Kelliara wryly says, in Tekal, "In dire need of a drink, obviously."

You shall now speak in Tekal.

You say, in Tekal, "Clearly, but..so very weird."

Kog tells you, "Hmph, look at you making me feel guilty. You're visiting Kelliara right now anyway."

In Tekal, you tell Kog, "Aye, she's tired of me being complacent."

Kelliara tilts her head curiously at you.

You say to Kelliara, in Tekal, "You'e found no other lady?"

You tilt your head curiously.

Doyen Kelliara says to you, in Tekal, "I- Mmph..."

You smile wryly.

Pearle grasps for the bottle offered him, pulling the cork free with his teeth. He spits it aside, and drinks, heavily, the bottle tipped almost vertical above his mouth. Brandy dribbles down his chin.

Kelliara scowls, and mumbles to herself in idrethi.

You say, in Tekal, "Did I hit a soft spot?"

Drawing herself up straight, Doyen Kelliara speaks with hollow, echoing inflection, "I have no soft spots."

Pearle drinks from a heavy glass bottle full of pear-infused brandy.

Kog tells you, "She usually is."

You have emoted: Solaria glances towards Pearle once again, a single brow arching as she tries her best to stifle back a chuckle.

You roll your eyes at Kelliara.

Kelliara's gaze shifts to Pearle, who receives a look halfway between being amused and irritated.

You have emoted: Solaria steps in closer to Kelliara and pokes the Idrethi firmly in the stomach.

You say, in Tekal, "Soft."

In Tekal, you tell Kog, "Mhm.."

Kelliara scowls, and exhales a short puff of cigar smoke at you.

In Tekal, you tell Kog, "I'm calling her soft. It's hilarious."

Doyen Kelliara says to Dehaka Pearle, "Desperate for a drink?"

You smile wryly.

You shall now speak in Aetolian.

Pearle staggers in his eagerness, his free hand groping for his helm. With both objects secured, he turns on a booted heel and nearly exits the shop - but not before Kelliara speaks to him.

Kog tells you, "She won't like that, even if she is a little soft."

With a slight smile, Dehaka Pearle says, "Mm. Uh. Yes. I am."

You say, "I've never been -that- desperate, save for when I truly needed some blood."

You purse your lips, deep in thought.

Doyen Kelliara looks thoughtful and says, "Have never seen an atavian practically trip over themselves for alcohol."

Kog arrives from the east.

Glancing down at the bottle in his hand, Pearle shyly wipes the sticky brandy from his chin with his forearm. "Well, I was..." he mumbles.

You say to Kelliara, "The softies often do enjoy their alcohol.."

You have emoted: Solaria winks towards Kelliara and quickly takes several steps away from her.

Agreeing as he steps in, Kog Longshanks says, "The Doyen does look particularly squishy this month."

You have emoted: Solaria smiles and strides towards Kog, wrapping her arms about him in a quick embrace before taking a step back, "Good to see you, Kog."

Pearle lifts his head to watch the two women, blinking a number of times. "Are you making fun...," he begins to say, but soon shuts his mouth as the conversation moves away.

Kelliara throws Kog a withering glare. "Do watch yourself, Kog Longshanks. I still have a garment in my possession, and you still have a debt to me," she snaps irritably.

You have emoted: Solaria glances towards Pearle as she hears the words, "Eh, of course I'm making fun of you. But, also of my dearest friend here."

You point accusingly at Kelliara.

You smile and say, "I like to see her frustrated."

Pearle's mouth flicks with an uncertain smile.

You sip from a long-necked glass bottle with traces of New Republic red ale, the drink going down smooth and leaving an invigorating aftertaste in your mouth.

Kog gives you a hug back before stepping away, his arms folding over his chest. "I'll outlast that," he tells Kelliara. "Especially since you dragged your feet in using it when you had the chance." With a dismissive lift of his hand, he continues, "Besides, you've said yourself you wouldn't spend that favor so cheaply."

Pearle's smile seems to draw Kelliara's attention, because in an instant her eyes have snapped to ensure that he spends some time on the receiving end of her glaring. "Do not push me, or you may find out how wrong you are," she growls.

You have emoted: Solaria walks over to Pearle, wrapping an arm around his shoulder as she watches Kog and Kelliara. Speaking towards Kelliara, "Hey, Doyen, leave the poor kid alone. It was mostly me doing the picking, so my fault."

Pearle nods vigorously at your comment, taking another sip from his bottle.

Pearle sips from a heavy glass bottle of pear-infused brandy.

You murmur to Pearle, "Normally, I'd let her rip the young to shreds. But, I'm feeling nice. Make sure to remember that."

You wink knowingly at Pearle.

Kelliara narrows her eyes at you.

You narrow your eyes at Kelliara.

Kog Longshanks says to Doyen Kelliara, "They're conspiring, it seems."

Doyen Kelliara says to Kog Longshanks, "So it would seem."

You smile and say, "Perhaps I'm just trying to seduce the young thing into my bed. You two know nothing."

With a dismissive wave of one hand, Doyen Kelliara says to you, "No need to whisper if that is all you are doing."

"Odd way of going about it," Pearle mumbles into the neck of his bottle, though rather he's talking about the conspiring or the seducing is unclear.

Sarita tells you, "You still have the time to spare?"

You have emoted: Solaria rolls her shoulders in a shrug as she pulls her arm away from Pearle, "Eh, you know me. Secretive and whatnot." Glancing towards the door, she lets out a long and breathless sigh, "Well, it appears it is time for my Sire to meet with me. So, I must take my leave of you lovely folk."

You tell Sarita, "Aye, I'll be with you in a moment. Where are we meeting?"

Sarita tells you, "The Estate common room."

Kog shrugs his shoulders, "Maybe," he agrees, going to settle down at the bar near Kelliara. "You've got a lovely outfit, Doyen. Very bright and colorful. You can borrow my dress, if you find you need to tone down the explosion of light somewhat." His head rolling towards you then, he continues, "And, take care. It was nice to see you again."

You have emoted: Solaria grabs Kog by an arm, dragging him in close for a prolonged embrace and a kiss on the cheek before she stalks out the door.

--- And then I leave and head to do stuff with Sarita. Srs bsns.

JayceAarbrokMoirean

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Solaria said:

Doyen Kelliara wryly says to you, "The last vampire to try was somewhat aggrieved when the tables turned and he became my meal."

You stick out your tongue rudely at Kelliara.

You say to Kelliara, "Perhaps I like that, unlike the other."

TIL Solaria's into vore.

Fun log. Pearle is so great, I have to meet him! The rest are you have this really nice, easy relationship to each other, a comfortable sort of friendship that's fun to read. Thanks for sharing!
    Ashmer
  • I love @Kelliara. She is one of the most consistently RP'd character I have come across. She's also great for her tough-love and brutal - though well-intentioned - honesty.
    EmelleXeniaPiper
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    This is a new one, since Solaria always seems to be owing @Kelliara a drink. Start: Solaria and Leau are just lurking about in Bloodloch.

You say, "Ever been to Spinesreach?"

Leau says, "I have been for books and looking for items."

You say, "I was going to go shopping."

You say, "Wanting to come with?"

Leau says, "Certainly."

You beckon Leau to you.

Leau begins to follow you.

-move to the Spinesreach directory, lots of shopping spam from looking over it for dresses-

Seemingly emerging from the shadows, Kelliara's ebon-furred frame stalks in from the south.

Kelliara inclines her head politely to those around her.

You incline your head politely to Kelliara.

Leau inclines his head politely to those around him.

Kelliara says to you, "How are you faring?"

You say to Kelliara, "Well enough, just seeing if I could find a new dress. How about you?"

Kelliara wryly says to you, "No. But then, I dislike wearing dresses."

You have emoted: Solaria waves a hand towards Leau with a faint grin, "This is Leau."

You say, "Leau, Kelliara."

Kelliara dips her head towards Leau in a polite, though somewhat curt, nod of greeting.

Leau smiles in and bows his head respectfully, "A pleasure." he directs to Kelliara.

Kelliara says to you, "Friend of yours, I take it?"

You have emoted: Solaria nods her head slowly to Kelliara, reaching out to take Leau by the hand, "My betrothed, actually. I seem to find them younger and younger, don't I?"

Kelliara says to you, "So it would seem. This one is barely a whelp, by the look of him."

Leau grins impishly and rolls his shoulders, "Some are wise beyond their years, and don't act as whelps do."

You have emoted: "He's proven himself to me, which is enough." Solaria says, shrugging her shoulders towards Kelliara, "He's also quite the smartass and keeps my on my toes.."

You narrow your eyes at Leau.

Leau looks to you and raises a brow in question. "What?" he blinks obviously confounded by the look cast in his direction.

Kelliara eyes Leau critically. "I suppose that may be true. I will be sure to take note if I happen to meet one."

You have emoted: Solaria rolls her eyes, tugging at Leau's hand to drag him closer before leaning against him and speaking to Kelliara, "Don't be so cruel, Doyen."

Kelliara says to you, "It is a dress you are looking for?"

Leau morphs before your eyes, taking on the form of Aldera.

You have emoted: Solaria purses her lips in thought, pulling her eyes back to the directory, "Eh..I had been..but some things seem a bit too trashy for me."

Kelliara blinks.

Kelliara says to Leau, in a feral tongue, "You. Same thing. Someone else."

You say to Kelliara, "He copies whom I usually chameleon the form of."

Kelliara says to you, "As for your dress, if you are not in a particular hurry for it, I can have something commissioned for you."

You blink.

You say to Kelliara, "You? Commission a dress..for me?"

You smile and say, "What do you even think I'd wear?"

Kelliara tilts her head as she ponders this for a long moment. Finally, she responds with "Dresses," and what might be a shrug.

Leau snickers softly to himself.

You have emoted: Solaria laughs, pushing away from Leau as she approaches Kelliara. She gives her firm pat on the shoulder before stating, "That's not very descriptive at all."

Kelliara says to you, "You did not ask for descriptive."

You wave a hand dismissively at the world, which neither impresses nor amuses you.

You say, "I'll be fine."

Kelliara says to you, "Though, I would not be the one designing it. I know of several skilled tailors who would no doubt be pleased for the work, and be able to produce something fitting for you."

You say to Kelliara, "You can feel free to find me something, then."

You smile and say, "I can always use a variety of things to wear."

Kelliara wryly says to you, "I seem to recall a particularly revealing leather dress you had at one stage."

You smile wryly.

You say to Kelliara, "That was when I was in Duiran, dear. I do not think that'd be as appropriate now."

You frown and say, "Wouldn't look right on the scales, either."

Kelliara says to you, "What is wrong with your current one?"

You have emoted: Solaria looks down at it then back up at Kelliara, "Just a bit stuffy. It was made for the Dominion ball."

Leau raises a brow and looks at you with a grin, when he hears about what she used to sport in Duiran.

Kelliara sweeps her gaze over you and the dress, frowning. "What is it that makes a dress stuffy?"

You have emoted: Solaria rubs her hands down the corset, tugging at it this way and that, "THIS. This part."

You say, "I may not need to breath, but I get tired of the tightness of the bone digging in. Just sometimes."

Grimly, Kelliara says, in a feral tongue, "Oh. I am sure the same problem exists with most dresses. Tight in some places. Tripping hazard in others."

With a snort, you say, "Well, what do you wish me to wear? I don't do well in trousers or skirts."

Kelliara grunts noncommittally.

Kelliara says to you, "Tch. Fine. Wear a wretched dress, but do not complain to me if you trip on the bottom of it, or some such."

You smile wryly.

Kelliara smirks.

You have emoted: Solaria waves a hand at herself, "I am the epitome of grace. That's not something that'll happen."

Kelliara's head tilts back as she considers this. "Do I recall a time you have fallen flat...?" she muses to herself.

Kelliara lets out a peculiar growl and shakes her limbs casually.

You snort arrogantly.

You say, "I was likely drunk."

Kelliara wryly says to you, "Hardly an excuse."

You say to Kelliara, "And was likely living still, yes?"

Kelliara wryly says to you, "Tch. I have seen living children hold their drink better than you."

Leau snickers under his breath.

You snort arrogantly at Kelliara.

You say to Kelliara, "That was a LONG time ago. I can hold my liquor now."

Kelliara raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Haven has been bludgeoned to death by Conner.

"Speaking of which," Kelliara adds. "You owe me a drink."

You have emoted: Solaria crosses her arms against her chest, "Not going to happen now!"

Kelliara wryly says, in a feral tongue, "No? You will pass up a chance to prove me wrong?"

You nod your head at Kelliara.

You say, "Indeed I will."

Leau nudges Solaria, "What's wrong with a drink?" he inquires with a tilt of his head.

You have emoted: "I just don't feel like a drink right now." Solaria says, staring back at Leau, "But if you want one, we can go sit around with the Doyen."

Kelliara gives her body a vigorous shake and begins to shed her werewolf form, the fur receding rapidly, and her body shrinking back to normal size, not a single trace of the wolf remaining.

Kelliara tucks first one arm into a sleeve, then swings the coat over her shoulders before adding the other. After this, she tugs at the collar to make the garment sit right over the back and at the neck.

Kelliara puts on loose-fitting, durable, black pants.

Kelliara puts on snow wight boots.

Kelliara:

She is an athletic Idreth. Standing at roughly the average height of a human, she has pale skin marred with healing cuts and bruises. A short tangle of ebon hair falls about her face in an untidy mess. Her face and neck are marked with a number of scars of varying sizes, some beginning to fade with age, while others, a long slash across the bridge of her nose and a burn on the back of her neck, appear to be more recent. Honey coloured eyes peer out at the world almost sleepily from above a button nose and a pair of full pink lips. She possesses an athletic frame, with lean muscle and slender well-toned limbs. Her face is torn, as if slashed by numerous thin blades, her cheeks stained with flecks of dried blood. She walks in the favor of Maghak. She walks with the boon of Omei.

(dangling around her neck) : a torc of wolf teeth
    (hanging from around her neck) : a darkly flaming heart necklace
    (laced tightly) : snow wight boots
    (worn on the legs) : loose-fitting, durable, black pants
    (buttoned up along her torso) : a striking, dark blue long coat
    (burned into her right wrist) : a glowing brand
    (worn on a finger) : a venantium ring

Leau chuckles softly and rolls his shoulders, "You owe her a drink, not I. I'd happily join you but if you are deciding on not offering her that drink I have no reason to go." he looks right back at you.

You have emoted: "I can go chat, Kelliara, but no drinking for me." Solaria says as she steps in closer to Kelliara, looping her arm with her, "How's that?"

Kelliara tugs the corners of her coat sleeves into place and nods once. "Either way," she states firmly to Leau, "You and I are going to have a...chat." Seemingly satisfied, she nods to you. "That will be fine."

Kelliara begins to follow you.

You have emoted: Solaria nods her head at Kelliara, beckoning at Leau to follow as she walks towards the bar.

-and we walk to..-

--- Brass Monkey Imports -------- -3:-4:0 ---
    A high shelf packed with bottles stretches along the wall. A long hardwood bar is here, a few paper Brass Monkey coasters and a brass monkey statuette atop it. There are 2 cube sigils here. A large, crimson-felted table stands here. A short rajamalan statuette sits here, fur spotting her body. A circular bar table is here, 3 wooden spindle-back chairs have been placed at it. A round wooden table is here, a few paper Brass Monkey coasters atop it. 3 wooden spindle-back chairs have been placed at it. A large mat decorated with brass-hued monkeys has been spread out here. A basket for collection of used cups has been placed here. There are 5 tall, padded bar stools here. There are 2 stout glasses here. A tall glass has been left here. A tall glass with a paper straw has been set down. A cocktail glass has been set down here. A battered iron cup has been left here. There are 2 elegant glasses here. A wave-painted wooden cup lies here, forgotten. Hands folded in the sleeves of his dark, voluminous robes, a cabalist stands ready to guard his city. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
    You see exits leading east (open pine door) and down (closed pine door).

You have emoted: Solaria walks over to the bar, letting Kelliara's arm loose as she takes some gold out, "What do you want, either of you?"

Turns his blue eyed gaze towards Kelliara and Leau inquires, "Why would that be?" he rumbles curiously.

Leau says, "Burning airship sounds interesting."

You smile and say to Kelliara, "It's my treat, yes?"

Kelliara says, "Gin, will be fine."

You pay 200 gold sovereign and receive a stout glass full of a Burning Airship cocktail.

You pay 200 gold sovereign and receive a heavy glass bottle full of dry lemon gin.

You have emoted: Solaria hands over a cocktail to Leau and a bottle to Kelliara before offering a satisfied nod of her head, "Enjoy, you two."

Leau puts a wine glass of faceted emerald crystal into an elegant smoke satin drawstring bag.

Kelliara blinks and turns towards Leau, settling in at one of the empty tables, and pushing a chair out with her foot. "Because," she replies to Leau finally. "I have yet to decide whether or not your are fitting for Solaria."

You have emoted: Solaria grins wryly, hopping up onto a bar stool nearby the bar and simply watching over Kelliara and Leau.

Kelliara very very pointedly produces an oversized meat cleaver tucked inside her coat and sets it on the table in front of her, before pulling the cork from her bottle and taking a swig, her half-lidded gaze fixed on Leau.

You have emoted: Solaria crosses one leg atop the other, leaning her elbows in back against the bar behind her.

That brow still raised, Leau "And Why would that matter? Aye you seem to be her friend but her happiness should be the only thing you care for." he rumbles raising his glass, "Cheers." he offers that cleaver largely ignored as he pulls out a chair and sits on it sideways so his back presses to the wall rather then the chair.

Leau drinks from a stout glass full of a Burning Airship cocktail.

"Yes," Kelliara she replies, a growl slipping into her voice. "You are correct. Her happiness is intended. Hence the discussion we are about to have." Her left hand disappears into her pocket, and returns with a smooth, ice-blue cigar, which she lifts to her lips and inhales from deeply. "So," she begins, sending smoke curling from her lips and nostrils. "Tell me about yourself."

You have emoted: Solaria purses her lips in thought a moment before murmuring, "This might have been a bad idea.."

Leau looks to you with a raise brow briefly before his gaze returns to Kelliara, "Well I don't remember much before waking up on that bloody island. Hoping to find something that may jog my memory about my past." he rolls his shoulders. "Though what I would say about myself?" he looks back to you with a grin. "What was it I said when I met Her Imperial Grace Aynat?" he ponders, "Driven, a strong sense of self and ..." he rolls his shoulders "Forgot the last part probably not all that important.

"Go on," Kelliara instructs.

You have emoted: "And an arrogant little shit." Solaria replies with a broad smile and brief sticking out of her tongue. She does not move her arms, but waves a hand dismissively, "Truly, I don't remember at this point."

A palpitating tremor resonates from the leylines as a lesser focal point is tapped for its energy.

(Web): Ison says, "A LESSER FOCI HAS BEEN TAPPED, FIND IT. A LESSER FOCI HAS BEEN TAPPED, FIND IT."

You have emoted: Solaria glances over at Leau, "Going to go fight?"

Leau stands and sighs. "Oh yea it was something like that." he sighs and bows. "I'll return shortly. Apologies ladies."

You nod your head at Leau.

You say, "Hunt well."

You frown and say, "And go get you a corpse."

Leau's movements seem to become more rapid, his limbs almost a blur as he moves.

You say, "Actually.."

You cast a hard gaze at Leau and will your blood bond to strengthen and fortify.

You say, "Do that instead. I shouldn't die."

Leau smiles wryly.

Leau leaves to the east.

You have emoted: Solaria shifts in her seat, "Hopefully..won't be misted, at least.."

Kelliara pushes out of her chair, and moves into the barstool next to you. "Tch. I am not much impressed with him thus far," she notes, wrinkling her nose some. "Glib."

You have emoted: "Glib?" Solaria says with a bit of a laugh, canting her head as she glances towards Kelliara, "What does that even mean, love?"

Kelliara says, "Talks too much."

You chuckle long and heartily.

You say, "He does a bit, yes. But, I like it."

You say, "I've been around silence for too long."

Kelliara says to you, "Oh?"

You shrug helplessly.

Kelliara creases her brow in a frown.

Kelliara frowns and says to you, "Shall I speak more often, then?"

You smile at Kelliara.

You say to Kelliara, "If you like, dear. I'm not much for constant in-person meetings, but a little remote chatter is nice."

Kelliara says to you, "What do you see in him? Truly."

You have emoted: Solaria stares up above her blankly, thinking for a long while before she says, "He knows what I need when I need it and knows how to handle me. He infuriates me, but entertains me at the same time. Brings back a passion in me that I haven't felt in a while."

Kelliara half turns her head to look at you with the corner of her gaze. "Handle you?"

You have emoted: Solaria nods her head simply, letting the corner of her eye slip to find the bit of gaze Kelliara has provided, "Doesn't put up with my shit. Calms me down, or lifts me up. Acts like what I need when I need it, I guess." She shrugs, growing silent after.

"Oh," is Kelliara's only reply.

You have emoted: "He gets me." Solaria says, turning her head to flash Kelliara a genuine smile, "I really mean it."

"That is good, then" Kelliara replies, sounding a little sullen. "I am pleased to hear that."

You have emoted: "You don't sound as much." Solaria murmurs as she leans herself forward, slowly turning on the bar stool to face Kelliara, "What's wrong?"

Kelliara blinks and shakes her slowly. "It is of no concern," she replies. "I am pleased that you have found that."

You have emoted: Solaria reaches out for Kelliara's hand, tugging at it, "Don't you go hiding things from me, not after this many years."

Leau arrives from the east.

Kelliara goes to reply, but her mouth snaps shut suddenly, casting a wary glance at Leau.

You have emoted: Solaria rolls her eyes at Kelliara and goes to turn back frontwards. Speaking towards Leau, "Fighting go well, hm?"

Leau readjusts his coat as he enters seeing them at the bar. "Have I returned at an in opportune time? I suppose I can find myself something to do?" he says moving over to the stout glass of a Burning Airship cocktail he left behind and raising it half way to his lips. "Aye well enough though could have went better." he rolls his shoulders and raises the glass the rest of the way taking a sip from its contents. He rolls it around his tongue before swallowing looking to Kelliara, "Don't hold back on my account speak freely." he rolls his shoulders and grins impishly.

Leau sips from a stout glass of a Burning Airship cocktail.

You have emoted: Solaria shrugs her shoulders a bit, settling her arms back in against the bar behind her and settling into her leaned position once again.

Kelliara waves a dismisive hand. "It is fine," she states. slowly. With a small sigh, she leans forward on the bar with her elbows, looking ponderous.

You have emoted: Solaria glances over at Leau, to Kelliara, and back to Leau. Furrowing her brow, she settles her gaze on Leau solely.

You plant the image into the mind of Leau:
    You sense a voice in your head, "Give us a bit, mm? I'll catch up with you in Bloodloch."

Leau raises a brow at Solaria and rolls his shoulders. "I feel Like I'm intruding." he murmurs, "I'll find something to hunt."

You nod your head at Leau.

Leau leaves to the east.

You tell Leau, "Thank you."

You have emoted: Solaria turns back towards Kelliara, a tilt to her head, "What were you going to say?"

You tell Leau, "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"That you are fortunate," Kelliara finishes, huffing out a puff of smoke into the air. "And that I would be pleased if things turn out better for you that they have in the past."

You have emoted: "You are sure that is it, dear?" Solaria murmurs softly, a hint of concern in her voice that is not usual for her. She reaches out, patting Kelliara on the shoulder, "I won't pry, though. Suppose you don't wish me to."

Kelliara shakes herself gently, and straightens up while blinking slowly. "How did the two of you meet?" she asks, changing the subject as swiftly as she can manage.

You have emoted: Solaria rolls her eyes again, though relents, letting her hand fall back down away from Kelliara. With a fond smile, she stares down towards her lap, "He's my childe, actually. I met him by taking him on for the blood."

Kelliara blinks.

Kelliara looks thoughtful and says to you, "I had thought that marrying your blood progeny was not allowed."

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

You say, "No, not allowed to treat them as your children or anything, but you can marry them."

Kelliara says, "Oh."

You tell Leau, "She won't come out with it anyways..I'll probably retreat here soon and go rest. I think she's a bit more open to accepting you, though."

You tell Leau, "Don't..judge her too much. She's seen me through many men. We even were in love at one point, but my dedication to Duiran took that away from being able to happen."

Defensively, Kelliara says to you, "What?"

Leau tells you, "Perhaps that is yet to be seen, she may just dislike me cause she could have possibly had an other shot with you and I'm merely in the way."

With a cant to her head, you say, "What? I was just grinning. I can't do that?"

Suspiciously, Kelliara says to you, "You had a look."

You tell Leau, "She's living. Besides a bedmate, she well knows that there could be nothing again."

Arching a scaled brow, you say, "A look? What look was that?"

Leau tells you, "Doesn't change that fact, bedmate is better then nothing if you have feelings for one and it would give her hope."

You tell Leau, "Oh, well, she knows I have you. I made that quite clear with how I responded to her."

You tell Leau, "Likely why she got a bit..downtrodden before you came in."

You tell Leau, "That's what you were walking into."

Kelliara grunts, and waves a dismissive hand. "You know exactly what sort of look it was," she replies in a bit of a huff, focusing on her drink.

Kelliara drinks from a heavy glass bottle full of dry lemon gin.

You have emoted: Solaria pushes up from the barstool very slowly and settles on her feet, casting a glance towards Kelliara, "Well, my dear, I should be resting in not too long. Would you mind excusing me?"

Kelliara says to you, "My thanks for drink, Solaria. Rest well, yes?"

You nod your head at Kelliara.

You smile and say, "And you as well, dear. I'm glad to have had some time with you."

Matter-of-factly, Kelliara says to you, "And if that vampire of yours does not continue to treat you properly, I will devour him."

You have emoted: Solaria smiles wryly, stepping in close to Kelliara and kissing her on the forehead, "I'm sure you will." With that, she steps out.

-fin-

Aryanne