Subj: New artifacts + changes

More artifacts to come at a later date!

CREDIT ARTIFACTS
================

a huntsman's pouch
------------------
Power: animal_treats
Cost: 300cr

This already exists, but has been changed to accomodate the changes in the Sentinel class. It will now cause your woodlore animals to have no delay in being summoned outside of a forest. It also causes your animals to be summoned with double their normal health.

a dominion crystal
------------------
Power: mini_crystal
Cost: 400cr

This already exists, but has been improved. The number of possible facets it can hold has been increased from 100 to 10000.

a mark of growth
----------------
Power: enhanced_greenfoot

Causes the Greenfoot in Naturalism to have no delay when generating overgrowth on entry, and removes the willpower drain. In addition, allows up to 4 rooms of overgrowth to be maintained without generating a willpower drain.

a carven skull
--------------
Artifact Property: songline_expand
Cost: 150cr

This already exists, but has been improved. Previously its effect was to allow a Shaman to have up to six songline totems, instead of the usual three. It still does that, but now in addition, Travel and Voyage will become much quicker for yourself and mutual allies.

a carven bangle
---------------
Power: enhanced_familiars

While worn, all familiars summoned will have double the normal health pool. In addition, this will increase familiar damage output by 15%.

a sandwalker's mark
-------------------
Power: enhanced_sand

While worn, you will be able to form a sand pillar without using equilibrium, allowing you to utilize sand abilities instantaneously. In addition, allows up to 4 rooms of sand to be maintained without generating a willpower drain.

a bronze torc
-------------
Power: enhanced_sandstorm

While worn, your sandstorm will increase its strength one second quicker. In addition, the effect of Harshen will be amplified.

a shard of the Pillars
----------------------
Power: enhanced_golem

When placed on your golem's head, it will instantly bring it to level 100, and prevent it from dropping below that level. In addition, your golem will do 15% more damage. Simply GIVE it to your golem to make it work.

a set of fang caps
------------------
Power: fast_milk

This artifact will halve the balance loss from milking venoms.

an impassable gorget
--------------------
Power: durable_walls
Cost: 75cr

This artifact will triple the length that icewalls, firewalls, thornwalls and lightwalls will stay in existence for before naturally expiring.

a target dummy
--------------
Power: substitution
Cost: 200/400/800cr

This already exists! But you can now upgrade it to level 2 and 3, increasing the dodge chance on mob_impale. Dodge chances are 33%/50%/66% for levels 1, 2 and 3 respectively.

a Do-It-Yourself carpentry kit
------------------------------
Power: extra_shelves

Doubles the amount of shop shelves you can have in your shop from 10 to 20. Drop it in your stockroom for it to work.

a suit of reflexive webbing
---------------------------
Power: avoidance_recovery
Cost: 500cr

This artifact will reduce the cooldown of Avoidance's nimbleness and fortify skills to two minutes.

a shopping guidebook
--------------------
Power: directory

Allows you to use the shop DIRECTORY command from anywhere, for any city. Usage: DIRECTORY

a scroll rack
-------------
Power: enchant_store
Cost: 40cr

This artifact is capable of storing enchantment charges that you can then sell in a shop, similar to casks. Each rack can only store a single variation of enchantment, and hold up to 65000 charges for them.

After performing ENCHANT FOR , instead of doing the regular enchantment commands, you can do ENCHANT STORE to store an enchantment charge in the rack.

To remove the enchantment from the rack and all its charges, to ENCHANT DISCHARGE

To buy the enchantment when in a shop, you can do ENCHANT FROM , if it's an applied enchantment like resistances or icewall, or ENCHANT FROM if it's a created item, like a worrystone.
e.g. ENCHANT RING FROM FIRE RESISTANCE
ENCHANT FROM WORRYSTONE
ENCHANT FROM RACK1234

a sheaf of falsified documents
------------------------------
Power: age_disguise

This item allows you to disguise your age/birthday upon your honors - score will still show your real birthday. It cannot make you younger than 18, or born earlier than 12th of Arios, year 35. Usage: SETAGE , e.g. SETAGE 12 VARIACH 100.

IRON COIN ARTIFACTS
===================

a wrought golden hand
---------------------
Power: goldtouch
Cost: 150ic

Allows you to instantly kill most NPCs (exclusions including crit-immune, and loyal mobs) by turning it to gold. You'll receive 15 goldbars (the commodity), and receive an extra 250% experience from killing that mob. Can only be used once per howling.

a jewel-encrusted sacrificial dagger
------------------------------------
Power: sacrifice
Cost: 50ic

Already exists, but improved a little bit. It will now work with the linked shrine power to generate ylem for your city.

Penned by my hand on the 25th of Ios, in the year 422 MA.

- These are banging and I'm going to spend my things.

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    YAY ENCHANT RACKS.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited June 2014
    I hate to start this conversation, but I actually worry about the ramifications of allowing Teradrim to sand slice at a distance faster since sandstorm recovers at a faster rate with that artifact and acts as Mind Strip save that it is susceptible to shield (it will strip it). It's already a very effective counter to sit in a leylined room with interference to block out spirit long-distance summon effects while the Teradrim sand slices at a distance, thus leaving spirit with no option but to charge in and usually die since, if we generally hold the leyline, we've got effects down and thus hold the advantage.
    Demarcus
    *flail* I bought a bunch of racks and the shelf kit but I still have 4 hours left on 4 chocolates so I can't play with them yet *flop*

For the changes to the dagger, do we need to set it at a linked shrine or will it just automatically count as a linked offering?

The age thing...that's gonna be interesting to see play out. How's that gonna work with bloodlining restrictions?
  • Just a quick update since we just had this discussion with the liaisons - the sandstorm artifact was a bit of an oversight (it was conceptualized before some adjustments to the class in the last few months), so we will be changing the effect. We've removed it from the shop for now, and you can expect a changelog with the new function sometime in the next day or so.
    SeirAreka
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Moirean said:

For the changes to the dagger, do we need to set it at a linked shrine or will it just automatically count as a linked offering?

If you already own a dagger, you'll need to reattune it to a linked shrine for it to work - even if it's already attuned to a linked shrine.
  • Does the mark of growth of growth paired with nature consumption means insta-costless-5 energy for any Shaman who can pop in and out a room over and over? Is that an oversight?
    Seir
    What does the output for the shop directory thing look like? Does it compare all the cities? Can you do individual cities?
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Lim said:

Does the mark of growth of growth paired with nature consumption means insta-costless-5 energy for any Shaman who can pop in and out a room over and over? Is that an oversight?

Looks that way on paper. That would also be pretty bad.
  • edited June 2014
    Lim said:

Does the mark of growth of growth paired with nature consumption means insta-costless-5 energy for any Shaman who can pop in and out a room over and over? Is that an oversight?

Good catch! We neglected to mention that consumption will now have a short internal cooldown to prevent that situation. It won't affect the current functionality of greenfoot/consumption in any way, since the cooldown will match the delay on entry.

Seir
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    edited June 2014
    Moirean said:

What does the output for the shop directory thing look like? Does it compare all the cities? Can you do individual cities?

You can search by city, or by all.

Example: http://hastebin.com/raw/eyaravocav
    Moirean
    Ooer now I want that one too.
    Iosyne
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Animal treats! (so cute)

Iosyne
  • Valdus said:

Lim said:

Good catch! We neglected to mention that consumption will now have a short internal cooldown to prevent that situation. It won't affect the current functionality of greenfoot/consumption in any way, since the cooldown will match the delay on entry.

I deserve a prize so I can afford some of these new goodies :3
    Haven
  • Do you have to own the enchant racks to enchant them?
  • I'm excited about this. It've been waiting a long time for Teradrim class artifacts.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Rashar said:

Do you have to own the enchant racks to enchant them?

No.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • You raise a shard of the Pillars high before your golem, striking it downward
    into the soulless creature's skull with devastating force. Crackling arcs of
    umber light erupt from the shard as the golem stands, its eyes alight with
    untold power.

That's what happens when you give the shard to your golem. Pretty neat. I am disappointed that they removed the bronze torc that had enhanced_sandstorm on it however. Hopefully they'll re-release that soon.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Is there a way to have the guidebook/directory also work for the refugee camp?
    Faerah
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Already planning on buying the carpentry kit artifact, but it'll have to wait until I get home. I always love crafting/shopkeeping artis. >_> The venom milking one is kiind of iffy for the price. Don't get me wrong, milking is a pain in the but, but 300cr still seems a bit much for a non-combat convenience thing.
    Riluo
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Man, directory - ya'll forgers be selling at a loss, man.

Does goldtouch work on Krisiina and such?
  • They said it doesn't work on critical immune or loyal mobs, and since Krisiina is neither loyal nor immune to crits I'd assume it would work on her, but not on say, the Creature in Tiyen.
    Areka said:

I'll probably be changing prices quite a bit once I pick that arti up. I kinda just do guesswork, atm, since when I ask Toz when it costs him, he always just grunts. Probably out of fear that I'll ask for more stuff made. :(

• SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Helllllllllllloooooooooooo credit card. Have you met Aetolia today... I think you will.

IshinSheirosia
  • Areka said:

Giving everyone selling enchantments the stinkeye about now for about the same thing. Some of those enchantments -have- to be at a loss, or just barely scraping a profit.

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    We've created a monster, haven't we?
    JensenArekaIshinErzsebet
    edited June 2014
    Xavin said:

Areka said:

Giving everyone selling enchantments the stinkeye about now for about the same thing. Some of those enchantments -have- to be at a loss, or just barely scraping a profit.
    It's a tiny profit, if you're looking at my shop. I used to sell stuff for more, but the prices tanked a lot lately (ie when it became easier to do so everyone started doing it), so I lowered mine to match. :( We should all make an evil magician's pact to raise prices...
  • I hate the age disguise one.

Please delete it?
    StrungTeani
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Irruel said:

I hate the age disguise one.

Please delete it?

You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • StrungStrung Halls of Hades
    As an old person, I don't like the age artifact. Someone's age tells you which period of Aetolia they started in and which ones they have played through. It'll distort that kind of thing badly to conclude that someone's age is irrelevant.
    I am such an aaaalllphaaaaaarrrgh.
    Erzsebet
  • @Oleis and @Razmael you should release an 'albedos disguise gem' with your next round of artifact updates. It'll sell well.