Misguided Anger

Roza's first one on one convo with the Divine. I thought it was really cool and I thank Damariel for tolerating Roza and my 1am half asleep RPing.

Passing through the gatehouse.Passing through the gatehouse.
The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. Great, double-barred iron gates stand set into the wall. There are 3 cube sigils here. There are 3 monolith sigils here. Dark burnoose toying on the sea breeze, a shrouded Kingbound soldier patrols here. Damariel, the Unbound is here, His form encased in dark fullplate.
You see exits leading north, south, and out.

You blink.

You incline your head politely to those around you.

Damariel nods His head at you.

You ask, "Enjoy the dance?"

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to you, "I prefer a tad more dignified for My dancing, child, in Truth. Although reconciling with My Sister was delightful."

Arozaria opens her mouth to say something, but appears to think better of it. Instead, she shakes her head and offers a small smile. "It's never fun to quarrel with your siblings."

"You were going to say something," Damariel observes, His eyes sweeping toward you.

Jaw clenching slightly, Arozaria lets the smile fall from her lips, shoulders tightening somewhat. "I am glad that You and Omei patched things up... I know what its like to fight with siblings, but... I can't help but be angry with You. You attacked my mother and- I'm angry." She inhales quickly, clearing thinking she's said too much.

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound asks you, "You are the third person this month to express that toward Me, child, and in reply - I thought My Sister was a mass murderer, I wished to stop Her while She was vulnerable, and the people that stood between Me and My goal were dealt with efficiently and non-lethally. Who is your mother?"

Arozaria nods stiffly. "Vulnerable, but at the expense of innocent people who were gathered to celebrate the the honor of their fallen brethren against Valakris..." She pauses, taking another deep breath. "Mariena is my mum."

"I've already spoken with Rashar about it," Damariel comments. "Who is she, to inspire such devotion? Has she no mending? Did she achieve her hollowed, post-mortal state without hunting? Did she never learn to fight, to recover from a strike? I am honestly quite perplexed."

Arozaria shakes her head. "My mother is strong, but that's not the point." She gestures to herself, touching her chest lightly to indicate her heart. "She is my MOTHER, and means more to me than anything in this world. Would You not do anything for Your family? I know I'm a child, but I was ready to fight You to protect her."

"She chose to stand between Me and My goal. I have explained this to Rashar, and tire of explaining it again." Damariel's gauntlets slam together, His fingers lacing. "I struck her, and a dozen others, in pursuit of My Sister, who I thought to be a mass murderer. It was a calculated blow, meant to incapacitate without inflicting serious harm, and it accomplished this goal admirably. It is much like the blow I administered to a few others who seized upon Me."

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says, "We do not live in a kind world, child. We live in a world where violence is commonplace, even expected. Your mother knew this when she chose to stand in My way and defend My Sister, and she should learn to accept the consequences of her decision. By comparison to some of My other Siblings, she got off quite lightly. I would, if faced with the same situation, do exactly what I did again."

Arozaria flinches slightly at the clap of the gauntlets, wings ruffling behind her. "I didn't say I didn't understand what You were attempting to do. I said I was angry." Again, she hesitated, as though debating on whether to speak or not. "My mother merely touched You. In acelebration where Omei danced with us, she touched Your wrist and You struck her down. Unconscious, maybe, but the sight of my mother laying still on the ground elicited a rage I've never known from me. Can You not see why? Violent world or no, could You not say You would feel the same in my place?"

"I would, in her place, not presume to touch a God without that God's consent," Damariel answers, simply.

Continuing, Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says, "As for your place, I would understand that doing so is an act that demonstrates presumption and entitlement."

You ask, "Entitlement?"

"Entitlement," Damariel answers, simply. "Touching anyone without their consent is evil. In the case of a God, it is also a show of hubris."

Arozaria shakes her head, a short laugh escaping her lips before she raises her eyes to His. "And barging into a celebration to rage at Your Sister is like acting like a small child throwing a tantrum!" Another quick intake of breath, but she doesn't take back her words, eyes steely and angry. "You asked what I was going to say. I said that I was angry. I don't really care why You did what You did. I said my peace." Shoulders pulled back as she stood stiffly before Him, fully expecting to be struck down.

( SERIOUSLY thought I was about to die right here )

Calm in the face of your anger, Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to you, "I thought Her to be a murderer and I intended to stop Her by any means necessary while She was outside of Her Cradle. Forest celebrations did not concern Me. Ending Her threat did."

"Your anger is completely unjustified. Understandable, yes, but you are attempting to argue it
rationally." Damariel shrugs. "It makes you seem foolish."

"Then I am a fool," Arozaria retorts, "because if I am angry I would rather try to be reasonable than barge headlong into a fight."

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to you, "It was not, as I have repeatedly explained to you, a matter of anger. It was a matter of stopping a murderer."

"Your anger now, furthermore, contradicts your statement that you would attempt to be reasonable," Damariel continues, "By dint of the fact that you are making no sense whatsoever. Your love for your mother is commendable. Your attempts at arguing are not."

Arozaria raises a hand to grip the bridge of her nose before she sighs. " I wasn't TRYING to argue. I didn't come here to argue... All I said was that I was angry. I didn't mean to...
yell."

Damariel exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from His lungs.

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to you, "I recognize, of course, that mortals are prone to losing their heads. I should have demonstrated more restraint and tolerance in your case, child, for I understand that you do not have the frame of reference that I and My Siblings do."

The heavy gates yawn open with an ominous creak as Illianna slips in, closing the gates behind her.

Damariel nods His head at Illianna.

Illianna gives the world a smart salute.

You incline your head politely to those around you.

Page Illianna says to Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound, "It is an amazing honour to be in your presence."

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to Page Illianna, "Not everyone agrees with your
assessment, but I am charmed by your compliment, girl."

Damariel bows respectfully to Illianna.

Illianna performs a graceful curtsey towards Damariel.

Running a hand through her curls, you say to Damariel, "At least everything is smoothed between You and Omei..."

Page Illianna says, "It was a pleasure. I shall leave you both to your discussion. Fare the well."

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound smiles and says to you, "And now, if you don't mind, I am going to talk to your mother. Two complaining family members suggest to Me that I should attack this problem at its root, rather than at its flowers."

Illianna leaves to the north.

You ask Damariel, "JUST talk...?"

"I have no reason to strike her unless she gives Me one," Damariel responds, calm as ever. "If she does give Me a reason, she will survive, as she did before."

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to you, "That is My vow to you."

Arozaria bows her head in a slow nod.

You say, "That is all I can ask..."

"One thing to understand about Me, child, is this." Damariel's gauntleted hand falls upon your
shoulder. "I do not harm without cause. I do not kill lightly. I am not like My Siblings in this
respect."

With a slight nod, you demonstrate your understanding.

You say, "I am sorry I yelled..."

Damariel smiles at you.

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to you, "Forgiven."

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound has bestowed a divine blessing upon you. It will last for 7 days.

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to you, "Your love and bravery are commendable, child. Even if misguided, they still speak highly of your character."

Arozaria lets a smile curve her lips. "My mother taught me well."

Damariel mot Lanosaryon, the Unbound says to you, "Indeed, so. Take care. Maybe we will cross paths again soon."

Damariel pats you in a friendly manner.

Damariel leaves to the south.

MoireanArekaIshinJaslineCannanMarienaAshmer