Angwe

AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cakeBedford, VA
So, the kid has grown up. The sweet little amnesiac is gone and a creepy, dogmatic xealot has taken his place. How does that make you feel?

Comments

• I've liked interacting with Angwe since the beginning. He has depth, is a bit crazy and excentric, but I love it. I hope to have more time for rp soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what's happened to him of late. 

<3
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Angwe is an interesting character for Arbre to deal with.  She hasn't decided if he's stupid or simply sometimes inarticulate, though she's beginning to have faith in him as a leader.  I've been trying to go around Duiran and get to know people better, now that I've managed to get out of my BASHING ALL OF THE TIME phase and qq'd politics, and he's one that's going to be attacked.

Also, your voice is a lot deeper than I expected.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    There's a reason he talks like that, though necessity forces him to abandon his brevity and use the vocabulary he picked up from SOMEONE.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Behind Angwe's stoic features, an energy something akin to a puppy trying to continue running while it's owner holds it off the ground can be felt. Stopped in his tracks, he just looks at you.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    KonnornJensen
  • Angwe is one of those characters that I really want to tackle for some roleplay. Now, I know they've run into each other BUT you have this AWESOME ability to find me only when I seriously have to QQ because I'm braindead or AFKing because I'm at work Ie. Not able to actually pay attention and missing details because of it.

That being said, I like him. I'm looking forward to tackling you for some serious roleplay soon rather than the little stupid incidents we've had before.

• Initially, Angwe was intimidating to Dasha. Now he's a little less intimidating and a lot more downright creepy.  That said, when the two of them sit down to have a full conversation, he can be very articulate in his beliefs, even if they don't quite click with her mindset of the world. He's observant, expressive, and I very much enjoy the focus you put on drawing from the cues in environment when emoting.

I will be honest, though, and add that I think Angwe's shouts and interactions (some) people on the Shadow side serve to undermine the character's gravity, rather than strengthen it. That's a tough line to walk though.
    Angwe
  • Ladrana loves Angwe as her son, but sometimes he really pisses her off with the way he treats her. She understands that it's because she went all 'undead' on him, but he really doesn't encourage her to come back with the negativity.

She was upset about that fight the other day, And despite her emotions over it, she still loves him as his mother and no matter what he does to her or how he treats her, she's going to keep loving him, because that's just how she is.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I love how he just randomly revived Teani and then started roleplaying right away. It wasn't much, but it gave me a chance to define my own character and you showing him off in a very good way made me focus more on what I wanted to show you.

I hope you enjoyed it as well, even though it was a brief thing! I'm looking forward to more of that in the future.

• Shaeille appreciates Angwe, but she's guarded with him. Then again, that's true of her and everyone. She's enjoying learning from him and appreciates his good faith, but is cautious on what he might be underneath it all.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Speaking of what's underneath it all, I'm looking forward to learning more about Angwe's backstory through Emelle.  I know we're only scratching the surface so far, but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing you/he can or would share with many people, so thanks for choosing me to be a part of that.
    Angwe
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Beautiful emotes, I enjoy the brief interactions we have. But oh so cruel. I'll have to get you back for that.  *shakefist*

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Yeah, he's kind of a jerk. Serrice responds by being a jerk back.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I always laugh because he gets really excited about things and cranks the energy up to 11
    Angwe
  • From our brief interactions, Mesk wants to learn more. 
    I've actually missed RPing with you the past few days!

Enjoying getting to know Angwe's character better, and our characters' collective awkwardness. I really love how flexible you are with your emoting style -- paragraphs when it's appropriate, brief emotes/premotes and says when it's appropriate. It makes for fluid, enjoyable interactions.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Had some fun teasing him about not being able to do what any Whelp can figure out, when he started mutating and getting stuck. He always finds these small oddities to play with.

Most of the time it's fun to be part of it all. Sometimes it's just frustrating, especially if I'm in a helpful mood and want to move forward, having lots of nice rp ideas on what can be done and you're kind of stuck with your idea of how things should play out. Worked out rather well last time though!

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I still owe him a poem. :(
    I'm so happy with where Angwe and Emelle's relationship has ended up and the way their interactions are going lately. The whole rejection awkwardness was absurdly fun, but I worried that it was going to estrange them and I'm so glad it hasn't.

I really enjoy emoting with you. Your style is very fluid as far as emote length is concerned, which I like, although sometimes it makes it difficult for me to get an emote in because I'm a slow kid -- I often end up revising something two or three times before I actually hit enter! You play Angwe enjoyably and consistently; it's always fun and easy to get involved in scenes with him. If I had one criticism, it's that you run off for ylem too much! However, I understand the need, and that's part of his character as well, so it's mostly just selfishness on my part. >>

You write pretty well, with good vocabulary and effective imagery. One consistent grammar issue I've noticed is the incorrect use of "it's" ("its" is possessive, "it's" is the contraction of "it is"), but by and large your style is fine.

Thanks for all the fun! Plz2b fixing your system. I would be sad if you left.
    TeaniAryanne
  • I like all of Angwe's small interactions with Ciarelle to date and how your e-motes, no matter how brief the scene is, really serve to express the character. Would love to RP more with you when one or both of our characters are not rushing off to do something else.
  • Angwe's a jerk mcjerkface youngster with jerk pudding, but interesting to interact with, as of all of one times Sarkis has actually had a conversation with him.
  • Angwe has been very fun to interact with! I like, as several people have mentioned, your varying emote lengths depending on the scenario. I like the more prose-y emotes you've seemed to be playing with lately, a couple of them have seemed to skirt the line of "things I shouldn't know", but so far you haven't stepped over that line yet, so it's great! I appreciate your patience in my less-than-fast and less-than-brief emotes.

I typically kinda cringe at adding emote-type phrasing in tells  but yours have been fine, sticking to things that would be heard in tonality anyway.

So yeah, I'm enjoying his personality and I continue to enjoy the RP and conversation they get into! More please!

Angwe
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Bumping this.
  • Nice to have big brother Angwe around to shove a hoof up the fox's ass if I get out of line. Was fun to see you with the aquilas yesterday, nice to have backup at that table! Always got Meyvitch's back.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    AngweAarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Mister @Angwe is bringing out the soft side of Aarbrok.  Its interesting, deeply passionate and alot of fun so far.  Between if we are just venting together at the awkwardness of children.  To having a veritable unicorn-storm of people bombard us with impromptu RP sessions.  The many facets of Angwe are fun to interact with.

Angwe and Aarbrok walking through Duiran, feeding each other strange fruit and talking to the fey-folk all we were missing was a musical backdrop and we had some kind of movie going on, even if I was playing from my cellphone..damn you AT&T.

Thanks for the pointers with parts of my RP, and having alot of fun with me in game, you make an interesting character with a rich story.
  • It has been interesting, to Angwe first selling moving to Duiran to Mesk, to making sure she felt welcome, to helping out with all of her recent trouble. 

I always look forward to interactions with him, simply because I never know what to expect.
  • TsvanniTsvanni The Inner Gate
    Mmmm... Angwe is a very interesting, unprecedented thing in Tsvanni's life. Since she isn't exactly sweet, isn't much of a girl for talk with most people, and is mercurial in her emotions, Angwe presents interactions I never expected from anyone, and makes her look at her life in a new and occasionally garish light. Though I suppose I can't really give up that interaction, as he is one of the most adaptive RP'ers I have ever known. He also kicks my ass far too often in arena and I swear to god one day angwe, without praenomen class, I'm gonna deliver my fist to your face and WIN. Bwahahahaha.