open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Comments

• FerrikFerrik Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    (Somewhere): You say, "Ooo, by Hakhim's missing limbs!"
    This sums it up pretty nicely

• LinLin Blackbird The MoongladeMember Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At last, all you horrible senseless no-good PK whores can finally GET ON OUR LEVEL.

PiperEmelleNia
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the EarthMember Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By Haern's booze, they can!
  • TozToz Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should consider changing stupidity to instead use a custom emote system similar to this AI - perhaps one that, instead of me hitting you with a halberd, would instead have me emote the attack. This way, all fights can be made to contain as much RP as each party desires - want more RP in your fights? Afflict with stupidity!
    Trager
    combo toz snk right hfp right hfp right [lets loose a blood-curdling battle-cry, unleashing $attack on $target with all her might.]

• DamarielDamariel Member Posts: 184 Immortal
    Toz said:
    You should consider changing stupidity to instead use a custom emote system similar to this AI - perhaps one that, instead of me hitting you with a halberd, would instead have me emote the attack. This way, all fights can be made to contain as much RP as each party desires - want more RP in your fights? Afflict with stupidity!
    In keeping with Aetolia's recent commitment to social justice, we do not want to implement a change that would correlate roleplaying with mental deficiency. We feel that this is dismissive and erasing of a major portion of our playerbase...

...even though we tentatively acknowledge that it would, in fact, be an accurate portrayal.

To summarize, we may implement this as a feature, but we would first have to change the affliction name to 'temporary mental impairment' so that no offense could be construed from doing so. We are very conscientious about such things in Aetolia.
    LinHadoryuSampNia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee Member Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really calling it an affliction is offensive. Maybe it should be made a defense instead!
    Nia
  • FerrikFerrik Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭
    You are granted a new experience with temporary mental impairment.

AishiaTeaniIshinLin
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker VirginiaMember Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This unicorns so heinous. Its lol in its ironic play on words sometimes, though, depending on the topic at hand and which one is generated.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • IngramIngram AlaskaMember Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    I literally did a.. sexy say, something like "We should kiss with tongue" right? Then bam, "We should kiss with tongue, By Haern's hairy back!" 

unicorns's a mood-killer.

Nah, I like it though. I've laughed a lot today because of it. 
    IshinEmelleLinNia
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 1,392 admin
    So far this thread is the only thing funnier than the system itself. I love you.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    LinArekaAarbrokEmelle

• TaelinTaelin Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    Any chance we can turn if off when talking in Webs? Since they are mostly ment as an OOC medium anyways, it's kinda annoying when every second or third WT is getting highjacked by the new system.

Otherwise, I like it. Seems well thought out and something that can be tweaked and expanded in the future. Nice job.
  • TozToz Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this system could be expanded upon to handle situations where characters are 'daydreaming' - little is more jarring than going to speak with someone, only to have them not respond at all! Maybe players could politely inquire about your day when GREETed, for instance.
    DamarielArbreEmelle
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher Member Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any thoughts of poetic death shouts either by the victor or defeated?
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher Member Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's definately what Xiuh would say
    LinIshin
    Classic Xiuhcoatl