So, somewhat inspired by the thread on BB, I've started a project using my vast army of alts to collect the rough APS (afflictions per second) of classes. This is things that show up on hit on affliction_view - so epteth counts, but an arm broken by limb damage doesn't, for instance. So what I'm going to do is try to find a nice, pretty way to display my data, then place a spoiler beneath explaining how I calculated my answers. What I need from you guys is, there are a few classes I don't have access to/am not good enough at to tell, and I need numbers for them.
Some brief notes about my assumptions for collecting this data:
-I'm assuming no artifacts except an EQ crown (I was assured some classes cannot fight without it). No arti weapons, either. +bal or +eq where appropriate.
Calculating ACTIVE APS:
- Everything you can do actively, every round, that delivers an aff is counted. I count Syssin dissipate as 1 affliction per round, I count anything that gives an affliction even if it's a 'worthless' one. I am assuming BEST CASE for all classes. This means if you have an ability that makes you attack 10000 times a second, I'm going to assume that's always running. We are assuming best case only as well, for now - no rebounding, no shield, no stupidity, no clumsiness, nada. Just, if I sat there and let you smack me and you were going all out with every skill possible, how many times could you ACTIVELY afflict me a second? Simple calculation here - if you can only attack 2x a round, and it takes you 4s to get balance back, 2 affs a round / 4 seconds of balance = .5 Record .5 as your Active APS and then note your calculations in a spoiler.
Passive APS Calculation:
- Again we assume best case - for instance, with sentinel I assumed 'opportunity' was running, and resins were burning as well. That doubles ent attack rate and resins tick at a rate of something like 1 every 4 seconds, but you can only use 3 of them. Again, I'm after MAXIMUM BEST APS, and nothing more.
- IF it is an ent with a % chance to proc (ghast, loki hound), I let it hit me 30 times and used that for the percent. For loki hound, for instance, it hit me less than 50% of the time, but I'm lazy so I rounded up - so, 50% of the time hitting say every 4 seconds means I double 4 seconds to 8 (50 * 2 = 100), then divide 1/8.
- For attacks that hit every round on their own (angel battle, pestilence aura, etc.), I'm looking for 1 over the tick rate. That's how many afflictions per second that particular skill is worth.
- For most classes, or at least a good portion, there'll be more than one of these. Add all the APS calculated up, then that is your total for Passive APS.
Finally, add Active and Passive APS up to give the grand total APS of the class. PM/post your results, and I'll edit into the master list. Format should be, if possible, as follows:
Active APS: x
Passive APS: y
Total APS : x+y
I calculated Active APS by:
I calculated Passive APS by: