Ezalor's Logs: Bloodborn, Praenomen, Templar fights

EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baenCanada
There's been quite a dearth of combat logs lately so I figured I'd post some of the ones I have lying around along with my commentary of what's happening in them.

CMud's colour logging seems to be a bit buggy (big surprise) so some of the colouring is all funky.

http://www.logsty.net/logs/0C0DO

Bloodborn vs Conner in the Sect arena. I've been fighting with some self-imposed handicaps lately; this log is with no mindsurge ritual, no paralysis venom, and lowering my strength to a minimum. Basically seeing if I can truelock people for kills rather than the traditional Bloodborn annihilate. I slash with clumsiness in this log but it's not the best choice, especially against a Luminary since they straight up ignore clumsiness affliction.

Key points:

3:43:04 Conner gets disrupt locked and never really gets out of it. This is why it's important to prioritize the confusion affliction fairly high. Even setting aside its ridiculous hindering capabilities, if you continue to ignore confusion (as some balance-only classes do) you open yourself up for a disrupt lock that you won't get out of.

3:44:04 Conner eats goldenseal when he has asthma affliction. System error or lag, whatever caused it, this is what gets him killed. The lock is sealed on my next combo.

3:44:10 onwards, my offense "bugs" out. I actually run out of things to whisper so my aff list is empty, this screws up my dwhisper commands.

3:44:24 bug in offense, I forgot to set a limiter onto mesmerize, the result being that I spammed it like crazy.

3:44:39 onwards, same "bug" out, ran out of things to envenom.

Overall, for myself what I took away from this fight is that I need to fix my ritual script (you can see at the beginning my system craps out and fails the rituals a few times, I also slash with athame instead of rewielding scythe), touch up on my hidden detection (assumed recklessness way too often). Need to expand my offense post-lock so it's not slashing nothing and dwhispering nothing. Luminaries are very annoying with angel care as I had to constantly reapply the truelock after it was already sealed. Feed is odd in that some curing commands are blocked and some aren't. I've actually removed mesmerize from my offense since it isn't a requisite to feed, paralysis does just fine.
Drahkuna

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited March 2014
    Praenomen fight. I had to split this one into two parts since it was too long.

Key points:

10:35:32 ghast paralyzes while Valingar has asthma on him, this opens up an opportunity for a lock.

10:35:37 venomlock is sealed.

10:35:38 since the aforementioned lock was done with very few affs, his random curing catches slickness, breaking the lock. However, since I've put both anorexia and indifference on him, he only manages to cure indifference before I regain balance.

10:35:40 reapply the venomlock as anorexia was still stuck on him.

10:35:42 he manages to cure asthma (not sure if via mind push or purity necklace), allows him to break the lock completely. Fight resets for me, back to square one.

10:35:50 my aff tracker thinks he still has asthma so I try to lock again, however he's cured asthma out of room. Waste of a round for me. He shields and runs a few times but really didn't have to, I have no momentum at all, but the past few venomlocks likely spooked him.

10:37:10 manage to get asthma on him while he hasn't yet cured ghast paralysis. Opportunity for a lock.

10:37:14 go to seal the venomlock, however he manages to eat kelp literally in between my spew and my whispers. Bad luck.

10:37:40 ghast paralyzes the exact moment I regain bal/eq and slash asthma. Opportunity for a lock. He eats goldenseal while he has both paralysis and asthma on him (likely due to lag or unfortunate timing); this actually allows the lock to happen. If he had eaten bloodroot or kelp instead he would have had enough time to cure both before I regained balance.

10:37:43 seal the aforementioned venomlock.

10:37:44 his tree tattoo cures asthma, unravels the lock, fight resets, back to square one.

10:38:13 ghast paralyzes right as I regain bal/eq and slash asthma, opportunity for a lock. Unfortunately he manages to cure both before I regain bal.

10:38:14 funny illusion from Valingar, he forgot to change the name to himself instead of me. Does it a few more times.

10:38:28 ghast paralyzes right as I regain bal/eq and slash asthma, opportunity for a lock.

10:38:30 clutch shielding by Valingar prevents me from getting slickness on him for the venomlock. I still dwhisper indifference anorexia because my system expects slickness to precede it, however due to the shield I was only able to frenzy. Waste of a dwhisper for me.

10:38:49 I notice both confusion and dementia stuck on him so I go for the disrupt lock to stop all his shielding. It works because he does not prioritize confusion, so he never really escapes the eq loss. Echoing what I said in my BB log, you really need to have confusion up there.

10:39:01 this is the sequence that wins me the fight. The ghast paralyzes him three times in a row, which messes up his curing enough for me to get a big lock on him.

10:39:06 venomlock sealed. Unlike the other times, he has a huge number of affs on him, so his random curing is very unlikely to be able to get a key lock aff and help him escape again. I also have him disrupt locked so he can't use mind push or reconstitute. Escalates quickly into a truelock.

10:39:13 same "bug" as my Bloodborn, ran out of things to dwhisper. From here I turn off my offense and start manualing a bit (hence the random unnecessary disrupt) before feeding on him to finish the kill.

What I took away from this fight was that I need to account for mind blank on Tekura attacks. My arms got broken quite a few times because my system did not recognize damage being taken due to mind blank. I also need to not whisper anorexia indifference if I cannot get the slickness on (ie when they are shielded) since they are salve cures rather than herb ones, so essentially wasted if they are not accompanied by slickness. You may notice me using throwing daggers when he has rebounding up, this is because Praenomen have no other way to continue their offense against rebounding. Since returning has an eq cost attached to it, I simply fill my weaponbelt with daggers and throw them whenever I need to. My script does appear a little buggy with repeating the wield command with the daggers, also I got lazy and unnecessarily secure dagger even when I am not wielding one, this could screw me up against stupidity. Overall though this log is a very accurate example of Praenomen combat in which everything relies on what your ghast wants to do.

http://www.logsty.net/logs/AKl3c

Couple of fights in Templar vs Akimoto. In the first one neither of us were using rebounding; my pipe had decayed, I dunno why he wasn't using it though. In the second fight he was using rebounding and I wasn't, hence the fight took much longer.

Not that much to dissect since Templar is rather straightforward. My offense is pretty lazy/rough in this as I don't track nor differentiate wipes/cleanses, which would screw me up in stupidity. Luckily Templar vs Templar doesn't entail a whole lot of stupidity. Reviewing it I have a few ideas about how to deal with Fitness better, but those are my secrets for now :P. And yes I spam warcry whenever I can. I envenom curare twice after my combos to set up engage/main gauche.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited March 2014
    Ezalor said:

Couple of fights in Templar vs Akimoto. In the first one neither of us were using rebounding; my pipe had decayed, I dunno why he wasn't using it though. In the second fight he was using rebounding and I wasn't, hence the fight took much longer.

Not that much to dissect since Templar is rather straightforward. My offense is pretty lazy/rough in this as I don't track nor differentiate wipes/cleanses, which would screw me up in stupidity. Luckily Templar vs Templar doesn't entail a whole lot of stupidity. Reviewing it I have a few ideas about how to deal with Fitness better, but those are my secrets for now :P. And yes I spam warcry whenever I can. I envenom curare twice after my combos to set up engage/main gauche.
    Main gauche op!

Edit: I think you're the only "active" Templar to take advantage of that extra slash and envenom off balance in prep of the main gauche proc.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Nah, I do that too. (though I did get the idea from him!)

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

edited March 2014
    And I got the idea from Belgarion! Really makes me wish I had a venom rag though. I can burn through like 500 curare in one duel...
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Haven said:
    Ezalor said:

Main gauche op!

Edit: I think you're the only "active" Templar to take advantage of that extra slash and envenom off balance in prep of the main gauche proc.
    I thought all Templar were supposed to do this as a matter of course >_>

• I've not run into any Templars who don't at least occasionally do it?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz