ANNOUNCE NEWS #2220
Date: 1/31/2014 at 18:04
From: Razmael, the Synthesist
To : Everyone
Subj: Newbie orientation tasks
We are happy to announce the implementation of a brand new tasks system for Aetolia!
These tasks, while more oriented towards our newbies, can be done by any of our players; so make sure you guys test your knowledge of how to sip vials and use the SAY command!
TASKS will display the current index of tasks there are to complete.
TASK # will show you more information about that particular task, as well as the reward associated with it upon completion.
If you run into any problems, please make sure to BUG them with as much information as you can, in this case particularly the task number that seems to have been the cause of the problem.
Penned by my hand on the 14th of Lanosian, in the year 411 MA.
This is pretty neat, though I can't gauge how much XP is granted in scale with lower levels (I worry about it rushing people through lower levels and losing the chance to really learn and explore in newbie areas, like Imperian's did for me).
I've found a few bugs with it so far, or nitpicky things.
- Task 3: Finding a mentor (I don't know if this is updating for people with mentors - I don't have one, but my finding a mentor at this point would just game the system and not really mean much)
- Task 4: Level 21 isn't retroactively updating, and alas, I cannot go back and re-earn it.
- Task 8: This is tough since I am omnitrans and I have no way to learn this without spending way too much money for the task.
- Task 25: Firstaid isn't updating for me.
- Task 28: Emlist/emote isn't updating.
- Task 45: Utilizing newbie portals cannot be done post-novicehood.