Editor Woes

DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
edited December 2012 in Tech Talk
Hey - I'm having some issues with the editors lately. I'm trying to fix up some ghelp and chelp files, and I've had the following problems:

Using the cmud editor seems to crash mudbot whenever I send anything through it to the mud.

Mudbot seems to add \ before " but remove any \ that might be in lua script.

Edit - fixed one problem. It was my fault.
Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Hrm. I don't have that problem typically. :\

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• If you found a trick for the spacing issue, please share. When I try to make snazzy CHELP/GHELP/CLHELP files and -one- damn line isn't spaced over to the right, it makes me want to field goal kick puppies.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    My spacing issue was that one of my lines was too long - though, it didn't look it. I'm betting it was off by a character or two - and instead of forcing a linebreak, it was simply deleting my spaces.

I just changed the name of the help file to something shorter, and all was well again.
  • I highly suggest you use the built in editor that mudbot has, rather then cmud editor. I have had troubles with cmud's editor as well.

Simply type: `edit
    to get the editor window up for mudbot.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Xon said:
    I highly suggest you use the built in editor that mudbot has, rather then cmud editor. I have had troubles with cmud's editor as well.

Simply type: `edit
    to get the editor window up for mudbot.
    Normally, I do. I was having a couple issues with the mudbot editor, though, which is why I tried the cmud one at all.
  • if you run those problems by me I'm sure we can solve them
  • My mudbot editor, load from the composer is greyed out and I can't figure out why it happened, as it was working before.
  • Honestly, if I am going to be doing heavy file editing - I just log onto the html client on the website and do it from there. The Mudlet editor is fine, but it does add slashes before quotes and you need to double up on slashes if you want them to appear. I don't know anything about CMUD... But the html editor has never given me any problems.