Announce post #3246: Classleads October 2021 - part 3

10/26/2021 at 9:46
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
Classleads October 2021 - part 3

Hey folks,

Per report 2947, I've gone through and removed all sanction benefits that cannot be tied to roleplay associated with the guild. Going forward, we want to make sure all sanction benefits are related to guild accomplishments or themes, without affecting PvP or PvE in a major way.

Some benefits we have chosen to remove, while others have been added to the base class. The list is below:

---------------------------------------
Archivist: Both have been removed.
Ascendril: Both have been removed.
Carnifex / Warden: Both have been removed.
Earthcaller / Luminary: Fervour / Devotion regeneration has been removed.
Monk: Extra mindprints have been removed, half stance balance has been added to the class.
Praenomen: Blood loss reduction has been removed.
Revenant / Templar: Symbiosis / Redemption bonus has been removed, faster blade charge has been added to the class.
Sentinel: Extra woodlore companion health has been removed, campsites now last a full RL day.
Shaman: Extra Songling has been removed, one free overgrowth with no drain has been added to the class.
Syssin: Phaseveil has been added to the class.
Teradrim: Extra golem damage migitation has been removed, one free sand with no drain has been added to the class.
Zealot: The Caeveir kata has been added to the base class.
---------------------------------------

We realise that this now leaves some guilds/classes without sanction benefits, and this is something we'll address over time as we come up with ideas to full them in.

Thanks and enjoy!

Penned by my hand on Closday, the 25th of Midsummer, in the year 498 MA.
TetchtaLegynEaku

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    I know this isn't a "Sanction Idea" thread, but I've spent a lot of time trying to think of sanction bonuses that are RP-related ('cause I know it's actually a pretty tricky thing to come up with), and these are basically the best thing I've come up with:

Sanction Mobs: There are a lot of classes where their magic justifies having a mechanically-useless mobile companion. Some examples:
    • Carnifex have a couple skills they never use where they can summon soul cleavers and soul warhounds, so having some sort of Soul Companion would totally be justifiable.
    • Sciomancers can summon shadelings and do a bunch of other shadow stuff. Having some sort of shadow creature would be pretty darn neat.
    • Prae can use blood magic to raise undead. There's all sorts of weird stuff they could do with that. They could either raise an undead companion or, like, slit their wristand their blood magic calls some sort of, like, magic flock of blood ravens or some other beast.
    Obvs all my class experience is mostly-shadow, which is why those dominate my examples. But I think you get the idea.

Sanction Marks: People get pretty darn hyped for special marks/tattoos and stuff, especially if they're colored items that stand out. Sanction brands would be sexy as hell.

Sanction Toys: This is similar to above, might require too much work and be outside the scope of what sanctions are for, but having class/guild specific items that maybe do a neat thing would be pretty hot. Maybe weapon transformation runes that give you a locked, guild-themed weapon of some kind?

Really, really, REALLY hyped about this change, it's so good for the game, and overall am really ecstatic at the overall feeling I get that feedback is listened to and taken seriously these days.