Announce post #3242: Oneiromancers!

2»

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Eaku said:

so while yes mechanically you go pick up the class from beau in the seer's wood,

Beau still resides within Seer's Wood, which is Omeian territory. Enemies of Omei, or people who upset Her people, might not have access to that area without getting into trouble.

• The manies that kicked people out was an oversight. Ictinus fixed it, so if you're down to explore, there's no mechanical restrictions to doing so any longer.
    NipsyTetchtaEscelikaBulrokIllikaalTeani
  • Elene said:

The manies that kicked people out was an oversight. Ictinus fixed it, so if you're down to explore, there's no mechanical restrictions to doing so any longer.

I'm glad this was fixed and pointed out as an oversight, then. It's very difficult not to assume the worst sometimes, and this being dealt with quickly definitely helps me get over any bad feelings that might have been stirring.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    NipsyTetchta
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited October 2021
    If it makes you guys feel better my character was in the Order, even had a close personal relationship with one of the NPCs involved, and I still had to beg people to fill the rest of us in on the lore
    NipsyIazamatTetchta
  • I mean I kind of see the problem. I am in Omei's congregation and didn't know it was happening, though to be fair, I was also at work when it started. 
  • Ictinus said:
    OK let's unpack some of this. Firstly, let's get this out of the way: feedback is appreciated, attacking each other for voicing complaints is not. Let's keep it constructive. My one request on that subject is to ask that you please avail yourselves of the BUG system in game alongside any posts you might make if something is behaving strangely. If you want to ask whether something is intended, this is the quickest way to get a response. To touch on some of the questions specifically: - Access to Beau is not gated behind good standing with Omei and we have no intentions for it to be. - The ejection from the Astral by the 'many' mobs was a pre-release safeguard left active as an oversight. This has now been fixed. - Anyone is free to explore the Astral provided they're able to figure out their way around it. - I've updated HELP CHAOS with a hint on how to access the Astral. - We've added an additional entrance to the Astral in the Morgun Forest for undead who cannot travel through the Dreamworld. - I'll consider the explorer rankings discrepancy. The points about event exclusivity and communication that there was something happening at all have been well taken. I agree that this could have been handled better from our side with more fanfare and exposition, as well as actual involvement in the proceedings. We're already talking about ways to streamline these releases for the next rollout and will do better next time. Oneiromancer, while grounded in Omeiian themes and lore explicitly does not require adherence to Omeiian religion or maintaining good standing with Omeiian organisations. The HELP ONEIROMANCER RP file elaborates on that somewhat. Any class comes with its own distinct theme, lore, and flavour, and while I appreciate that some of the Astral chaos themes may lean further towards a polarising extreme than others, I am not convinced that the Omei (or more broadly, the God/Divine) tie-in is any more stifling or restrictive than the ties which already exist in many other classes. By that I mean, I understand that Oneiromancer is not for everyone, but I am not sold on the difference between that and say, vampire or zealot (or even native indorani) not being for everyone. With that said, direct divine tie-ins are something we'll consider very carefully in the future regardless.
    First, I really appreciate the fact that you always respond to our feedback, emails and such. That alone, to me, is incredibly refreshing instead of having our discussions just be ghosted forever.

I didn't mean to come off as ungrateful, because the content releases in the last few months have been nothing short of fantastic. For me personally, all of it felt gatekept and exclusive largely due to the fact I asked several people of they had any idea the event was going. All of them said no. It wasn't until after some discord chatter that I, and others realized it had been going on for some time and were like what gives? We also didn't want to metagame, because as has reasonably been established now, it seems nobody knew except those that were already there. I definitely agree everything isn't for everyone, but it felt like it was being decided FOR us who it was for and who it was not. I think it's like that weird thing where someone might assume you don't want something and so they never offer it to you. It should be offered to everyone and allow them to decide if they want it or not.

All that being said, thanks for the transparency, thank you for taking a firm stance on allowing people to voice their opinions and complaints, and please continue the great work you've been doing. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    IazamatTetchtaSryaen
  • Not much needs to be said after this point, but I'll voice my thoughts anyways.

I have zero issues with exclusive events, in fact smaller numbers enable a more comfortable rp environment in my opinion. (f.e I personally don't enjoy world events, I was never there for any of the releases, I don't care about missing this one either.)

That being said, I'm not everyone and class releases are things some people are extremely hyped about, and that makes them not the right kind of event to handle quietly. I think people are absolutely right with their desire to participate in an event that's basically the birth of the class they're going to be playing for a good while. Because how cool is that. He had a chance to be in the front rows of that concert but now all he's got is a cheap remix on spotify. And sadly they missed their chance to brag about it IC.
    Sryaen
  • edited October 2021
    Truth be told, I didn't put in a bug report about the manies and the mechanical restriction because I, along with 4 other people, were told through actual RP when we tried to get in and explore the Astral Realm properly that access to the whole area was intended to be specifically restrictive. Even a many was explicitly shifted to ensure that this was the case, which was why I was initially disgruntled in the first place and reached out.

Nonetheless, I thought the response to the enquiry came pretty swift and I am grateful that it was just a simple oversight and things were added to make some distinction clearer. Everything else on the RP end was also smoothed out with Iesid.

Thank you, @Ictinus for the explanation and clarifications needed.

XeniaTeaniMati
  • Stay classy, Omeiromancers
    ObaXavin