Announce post #3240: The Earthcaller Class!

10/23/2021 at 0:13
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
The Earthcaller Class!

After passing the trials of the Earthen and helping to restore the imbalance of Earth on the Prime Material, the Earthcaller class is now available within the Teradrim Guild!

With the skills of Apocalyptia, Subjugation, and Tectonics, this class expertly combines priestly invocations with raw, ruthless strength.

The solemn duty of the Earthcaller makes it a perfect fit for the Teradrim, as both classes are charged with maintaining the Pillars of the Earth.

Earthcaller is a mirror of the Luminary class, and the skills translate as follows:

Apocalyptia - Devotion
Subjugation - Spirituality
Tectonics - Illumination

HELP EARTHCALLER RP awaits those with an interest in learning about the background, and help files for each of the three skills exist for your perusal. The skills also have learning messages which may be of interest!

While some abilities are directly shared, most should be unrecognisable. We've made a concerted effort to steep this class in its own lore, theme, and flavour in order to make it a compelling and distinct experience from its native profession.

Any guilded Teradrim is able to CLASS SELECT EARTHCALLER if they meet the requirements for multiclass, and Earthcaller will soon be available in new character creation. For the next two weeks, guilded Teradrim will have no limit on total apprentices per season.

Artifacts for Earthcaller will be available in the next few minutes for your enjoyment:

- a cracked amphora (hunt_earthcaller1-3); for hunting
- a tablet of the Earthen (fervour_boon); mirror of devotion_boon
- an Amulet of Khuzrol (fervour_regen); mirror of devotion_regen
- a fragmented hunk of ink-spattered rock (anointrunes); mirror of shieldstamp
- an anchor of the dunes (impurity_banish); mirror of spark_meditate
- earthen_purity (no item); mirror of spark_boon

While we have done a significant amount of testing on every ability, if there are bugs or typos, or if anything appears to be behaving strangely, please report it right away through BUG or TYPO respectively.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Razmael and Keroc, as well as our amazing volunteers for their incredible help in getting this class out. The last few weeks have been utterly insane, and I hope you all enjoy!

The release event for mirror Indorani is already underway and will be finishing up tomorrow or Sunday. Look out for the post!

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 5th of Midsummer, in the year 498 MA.
ReaveEscelikaHolbrookIesidMacavityChurchNipsyValorieTeaniSaidennTetchta

Comments

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    thank you thank you THANK YOU to an enjoyable event, and the surprise mirror class! To those of you in the Pools that worked on this so much thank you! I cant speak for anyone else, but as far as events go, that was amazing! It felt REALLY different than past events!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Nipsy
  • This class looks so goddamn metal, holy shit.
    NipsyMacavityChurchTozValorieBraxRhine
  • I absolutely love the lead-up to Earthcaller. The Trial of the Sorcerer-King, and the Harrowing of the Earthen, all these little touches to infuse what would be a class release (even if we did not know it yet) are great.

This all being said, I did hope that the mirror classes would drop for Halloween and I am pleasantly surprised that it did!

Thanks to the whole admin team for the low-key class drop. I did not realise it was the release of Earthcaller class until someone pointed out CLASS GUIDE, and then the announce post dropped.

AlmolMacavityTeani
  • Can I have my name changed to Marrowgar because of bonestorm please.

MacavityNipsy
  • I loved this event.

Being able to witness history, meet a Sorcerer-King, get to know some real Earthen, were all great experiences that I connected with deeply as a player and resonated with Almol in the way he approaches being an Ivolnite and the Aggressor of the Earth. 

There’s a lot of stuff I just didn’t know, as someone who’s never played a guilded Teradrim, about Azvosh Rakar, the Pillars, the Sorcerer-Kings. This event was illuminating and reaffirming and awesome. Thank you!

MacavitySaidennTetchtaIesid
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited October 2021
    My favorite part was killing myself 33 times to throw Tet's husks in the amphorae, followed closely by me forgetting how channels work on Aetolian and borderline breaking my part of the subjugation section.

Edit: Actually no my favorite part was all of us ripping each other to shreds so we'd bleed enough to activate the monoliths. The mental picture of vampires clawing each other to pieces while Carnifex whirlwinded and people were slicing their own palms was just absolutely amazing.

NipsyReaveIctinusIesid