Short COMBAT Questions

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Spiritwrack to passive is really tempting in general. It's nice to have the option.

edit: but, yeah, in retardation, definitely. Maybe even use chasten without a balance attack from time to time, in order to get the hidden aff from chasten.
  • Macian said:
    Irruel said:
    I suspect I might have been able to hurt Xiuh more if I'd been smarter with my attacks though. I haven't done anything for retardation yet, aside from strategise a bit in my head. I really ought to make a few aliases and go find Xiuh somewhere to find out if they'll work.
    Drop an overgrowth in there, and move him around with switch, flow, and pull, or use the ranged attach in Naturalism where it does decent damage and hits with loki, maybe?
    I'd forgotten about the naturalism ranged loki; it'd be certainly worth trying to work it in somewhere. Almost 3 seconds of eq though so it'd be something to do early on or as a chaser.

Mostly though, my ideas for 'smarter' retardation attacks are to focus more on the bursts of affs shamans do and less on the buildup phase. That is, instead of saving the bursts for a time they'll have more impact, I think that in retardation I need to burn them as early as possible and rely on consumption to not leave me high and dry once it is all over.
  • Macian said:
    Spiritwrack to passive is really tempting in general. It's nice to have the option.

edit: but, yeah, in retardation, definitely. Maybe even use chasten without a balance attack from time to time, in order to get the hidden aff from chasten.
    If you passive Spiritwrack you can queue it to use an aff you want it to :P its pretty neat!!

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    How's the old doublestab these days??
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Does anyone remember the command to use a Master's Reliquary?

What's an Arm Reliquary for? (Seems to be a leftover from a Nazetu event)
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA

Macian said:
    It is. There's no decay time on them. I had two, but they disappeared on me.
  • Macian said:
    Does anyone remember the command to use a Master's Reliquary?

diffuse reliquary

• Is there a way to use it for health, or mana or whatever else separately? Or is it just a full-blown refill?

• pretty sure it's just a full-blown refill.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Is it a one time use thing? Iv'e got one too.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I've been told it has multiple charges, then it disappears. Not sure how many.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ishin said:
    Situational. Against a class that doesn't do heavy damage or who doesn't passively hinder, even neutral balance dstab is potent; I vlock people at neutral fairly easily if they don't have passive curing/resists (heya shamans)/hinders. Against one who does, good luck getting anywhere. Syssin are in a really weird spot - we're hella potent against certain classes, but others just take us apart, and weaving + hypnosis taking mana just makes us even worse against classes like vamps, since you can't get more than a single suggestion or two in before you're skirting around annhi range. It's incredibly frustrating.
    Jensen
  • Has anyone tested the damage boosts from the empowerment artifacts upon the dhurive? I'd like to see some numbers
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2013
    You might only get 50-60 damage from level 3. Which is about what I get on a scythe, although I did not buy for damage I bought for the speed increase.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

I tried to go full on damage and couldn't using all damage ents, level 3 rune, and a dhurive. Don't have numbers, but will say it's not possible.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    You will probably be able to straight up damage kill a person with little to no artifacts using all the bleeding attacks, but I wouldn't expect to make much progress (outside of teamfights) on someone with a similar defensive artifact investment.
    Riluo
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Do luminaries need strength for anything besides smite?

For example, does it effect smash damage? Overwhelm?
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    @Daingean - If overwhelm is affected by it, it's very minor. Strength will  give a small boost to all your attacks, but as I've always had STR I can't say how much. STR is probably the last stat modifier I'd buy these days since everything is moving away from damage and towards afflictions.

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I'm more looking at what negative effects from my starchart that I can ignore while trying to boost something. At the moment, I'm not caring if my str or dext take a hit, but I really wasn't sure if str did anything.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    I usually let endurance or willpower be the negative, and run -dex and just make sure to have something to get dex back above 11 if it's there.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Moirean said:
    Ishin said:
    Situational. Against a class that doesn't do heavy damage or who doesn't passively hinder, even neutral balance dstab is potent; I vlock people at neutral fairly easily if they don't have passive curing/resists (heya shamans)/hinders. Against one who does, good luck getting anywhere. Syssin are in a really weird spot - we're hella potent against certain classes, but others just take us apart, and weaving + hypnosis taking mana just makes us even worse against classes like vamps, since you can't get more than a single suggestion or two in before you're skirting around annhi range. It's incredibly frustrating.
    Always been that way though, hasn't it? I found it to be so, at least. Always had a hell of a time with Druids 'cause of passive entangle. I always found that I just had to hinder those people more. Paralysis, stupidity, stuff like that. Make them waste their resources away. I always worried about absolve more than annihilate, though. 50% is tuff stuff >.<
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Passive hindering and curing seems to be a lot more rampant these days, so it's more noticeable.
  • Passives should die.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Ishin
  • edited December 2013
    If you can't stand during a garrotelock, how do you escape it?
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I believe thats a writhe?  right?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Garrotelock? Not a writhe, no. Tumble gets you out of it. So does hindering the Syssin - which a lot of classes can do prone. That being said, it preventing you from standing DOES make it kind of OP for situations like that, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

@Oleis - Any chance we could get a GMCP flag for if a location is indoors or not, since some skills only work indoors and vice versa? Would make scripting a whole lot easier.

Macavity
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Daskalos said:
    @Oleis - Any chance we could get a GMCP flag for if a location is indoors or not, since some skills only work indoors and vice versa? Would make scripting a whole lot easier.

This.

Though, the whole thing is solved by having a manual action queue and just not trying to force Leap when you're indoors or Corpus Fling when you're outdoors.

Anyway! I digress.

Please, for the love of God don't quote me on this, since I've never actually been garottelocked in combat, but I believe tumble is pretty much your bet, though obviously with a Carnifex or a Monk standing there, you're 100% dead unless you have a way to hinder the Syssin while you're prone. Still, if you're alone in a room with a hostile Monk and Syssin, you're most likely 100% dead no matter what you do. That's been my experience, at least. <.<

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• Ashmer said:
    Daskalos said:

This.

Though, the whole thing is solved by having a manual action queue and just not trying to force Leap when you're indoors or Corpus Fling when you're outdoors.

Anyway! I digress.

Please, for the love of God don't quote me on this, since I've never actually been garottelocked in combat, but I believe tumble is pretty much your bet, though obviously with a Carnifex or a Monk standing there, you're 100% dead unless you have a way to hinder the Syssin while you're prone. Still, if you're alone in a room with a hostile Monk and Syssin, you're most likely 100% dead no matter what you do. That's been my experience, at least. <.<

Yes, it's tumble. That said, the interaction between garrotelock there and impale/bbt probably deserves a looking at.

Daskalos
    There's a report up on it (1634). Re: the indoors/outdoors - FORECAST shows this, although it's been buggy and unreliable lately and constructed buildings set to outside are still showing inside forecast message, so I have no idea if it's still something that is valid to use.