Dragon Age: Inquisition

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I have to say, I like the flexibility of harvesting in DA3, and that you can grow things in the garden, but I really liked the 'capture node' approach from DA2 so you weren't constantly having to pick things up.
    ValenaeIshin
  • I lol a little bit when mining materials just appear on the floor of the desert and other weird places, though.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Ishin
  • I've played like 20 hours and I can't decide if this is the best game in the series or the worse. I know all of you seem to like the combat but I cannot deal with the loss of tactics. I -really- enjoyed the character trees from DA:2 and that was one of the deciding factors in who I brought along in journeys and how I made team comps. I know that removing those free'd that up so you can take Sera over Verric and not miss out on neat skills or w/e but to me it made the characters all that more special -_-. But seriously the complete lack of tactical choices is driving me nuts. Also I know I'm only 20 hours in but I swear to god if Sandal is not in this game I will blow up EA.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

IshinHaven
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Draiman said:

I've played like 20 hours and I can't decide if this is the best game in the series or the worse. I know all of you seem to like the combat but I cannot deal with the loss of tactics. I -really- enjoyed the character trees from DA:2 and that was one of the deciding factors in who I brought along in journeys and how I made team comps. I know that removing those free'd that up so you can take Sera over Verric and not miss out on neat skills or w/e but to me it made the characters all that more special -_-. But seriously the complete lack of tactical choices is driving me nuts. Also I know I'm only 20 hours in but I swear to god if Sandal is not in this game I will blow up EA.

Sera's actually an alchemist or whatever they're called. So like...she uses melee-ish potions, but shoots a bow? Worst mixup ever :|
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Valenae
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Anyone beat this yet?

Also... is it just me or are mage ridiculously overpowered in this? I almost wanna start over and pick a tougher class...
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    The classes are more balanced than they have been in the past, but mage has always been p. OP in the DA games.

I've beaten it, working on character #3 now. >> ./may be a bit obsessive.
    Haven said:

Anyone beat this yet?

Also... is it just me or are mage ridiculously overpowered in this? I almost wanna start over and pick a tougher class...

I've found rogue to be mildly challenging to play as. I have a mage, but it's kinda like...eh. I'm probs gonna play warrior next.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Mages in every game ever:

HavenTrager
  • I just picked this up, kinda overwhelmed by how much there is to do.
    ArekaDraimanHavenIshinValenae
    Just breezing through everything. I really like how much more fun the warrior class is. 
    havenbanner2
    Valenae
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Game is a lot of fun. Really enjoying the vast cast and lamenting that Krem can't be in my party. Why u do this bioware

IshinAreka
  • And the Emerald Graves is beautiful.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Ishin
    So uhh... are new party members not a thing? I keep getting agents. Just recruited this huge barbarian guy and was disappointed he's only an agent. 
    havenbanner2
    Haven said:

So uhh... are new party members not a thing? I keep getting agents. Just recruited this huge barbarian guy and was disappointed he's only an agent. 

Party members come from quests. You should see some like, 'somethingsomething Warden', or you'll see this noisy-ass guy outside of the temple in Haven that if you talk to him, he tells you to meet his boys in Storm something and watch how they operate, see if you like it.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Krem <3

I miss Sandal though. :( wth.
    IshinValenae
  • Also, I don't know why I should save the people from Haven if they just get replaced anyway.

What do you mean? There's dialogue about 'poor so and so' and stuff. It's for your personal storytelling.
  • I'm at the point where I got to Skyhold and now I'm just...uncertain what to focus on. Should I be trying to spruce up the fortress? Focus on side quests/companion requests? How do you generate more points for inquisition perks?
    Completing quests, closing the fade portals in the explorable areas, doing the stupid quartermaster quests (5 ferelden locks, etc). While don't need to - I first started finishing off areas as I worked through to prolong the main quest. Finished hinterlands until 15 (except the damn dragon), then cycled off to the next where character quests are.
    Obyn said:

I'm at the point where I got to Skyhold and now I'm just...uncertain what to focus on.

Iron Bull's rippling physique.

ArekaValenae
  • Areka said:

What do you mean? There's dialogue about 'poor so and so' and stuff. It's for your personal storytelling.

I never got any dialogue from the people I saved. I went up to them and tried to speak and nothing happened - on any of my characters. I got a couple of side comments from two or so other people but that was it.

• Hadrak said:

Obyn said:

I'm at the point where I got to Skyhold and now I'm just...uncertain what to focus on.

Iron Bull's rippling physique.

Horns just aren't my thing. Plus my Inquisitor is an elf. Proportions, man.
    ArekaValenae
    That's quitter's talk.

ArekaObyn
    You shouldn't see my dwarf and Bull then. >>
  • Rogue + giant cow man is still the funniest thing in the whole game.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArekaIshin
    Lol warriors are so broken in this game. Guard + life steal = infinite life. Also wooo! Slain my first dragon. Going on a spree right now! XD 
    havenbanner2
    Valenae
  • Haven said:

Lol warriors are so broken in this game. Guard + life steal = infinite life. Also wooo! Slain my first dragon. Going on a spree right now! XD 

So is archer/tempest.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    And KE Mage. Sup solo Nightmare difficulty high dragons.

• So is this game pretty much a button masher like WoW and Elder Scrolls and all that? Thought about picking it up, but I really like a game with more skillful combat, like Dark Souls.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I guess WoW is a button smasher for casuals....>.>

You can button smash on the easier difficulties, probably, but on the harder ones to win fights it takes positioning and tactical use of skills. Just blowing all of your cool downs at once is a good way to die.

ArekaHavenValenae