Which shapeshifter are you currently or going to become if any at all?

RiluoRiluo The Doctor
edited April 2014 in Town Crier
I am trying to build a better picture of what shapeshifter is being used in general. Due to several people I have spoke with who wish to join packs in the future with like minded people, yet are concerned that they will be limited by the volume of people in said type.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Comments

• I dont see why so many are loving wolves. I'd have thought the old concept of "ooo new lycan types!" would have been a big draw towards crocs and boars >> . Also wolves dont have tusks, just saying >>
  • I think it's because lots of wolves/Atabahi have that strong pack mentality RP going already. Especially since there is going to be a pack system, the inertia to change is natural and hard move away from when that pack role has become integral to your character.

I picked bears because I think bears are the most badass IRL. Crocs can get screwed with a rubberband if their jaws are already shut, boars are only scary if they are giant, and wolves are kind of common in fantasy (e.g. GoT). The Bahkatu's anti-undead slant has kept me away for a long time, but since the guild and dogma has been abolished, it's my chance to become the dangerous version of baloo the bear (to my mind at least).

On a sadder, self-deprecative note, it doesn't bug me too much that bears don't seem that common (I'm predicting the order of popularity is: wolf, croc, boar, bear). Since I/Raeche are kinda bit of loners in game, being left out of the pack system won't be too much of a bummer.
    RiluoAarbrok
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I really like the concept of being a sun bear, because they are adorable and awesome and troublemakers and have kitty paws and it seems very Moi-ish....but a lot of the Carnifex want to go wolf, and we had all talked about making a pack together. :/
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited April 2014
    Bears kind of fit carni if you think about it, as bears are generally large, savage and strong. Furthermore, I  like to envision the carni shifting into huge bears mid battle and rushing out of the mountains, fur covered in snow B-)

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

RaecheSetne
    Yeah, I dunno how I feel about Carnis as wolves, given that we train hounds and dominate wild wolves. It's a weird step up to embody a canine, after we hammer home us being the houndmasters and the recruits akin to the hounds.
    RiluoRaeche
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Actually, in Spinesreach, boars are looked upon as 'bacon'...@Vimi, the poor thing, has been being drooled over ever since the new changes came out. What can I say, we Northerners like our bacon.

We do, however, have quite a few were-crocs up here, though. I really like the entry/exit messages for them, too. Very very neat :)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Boars do seem the most Duiran to me. Though Bears were totally already here.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    BECAUSE BELLY RUBS.

BraeAryanneIshinTragerPeriluna
  • Bear because, damnit, I was the first bear in Aet, Barrkesh aside. I don't want to scrap that part of Irru's history.

Otherwise I'd go wolf.

Boars? Seriously? Who wants to be a pig? Flashbacks of WoW. Hate them pig-men.

Crocs... well, sure. Pretty cool. Not particularly into the reptilian thing though.
    BenedictoIshin
  • Well.

IshinSlypheSetneErzsebet
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Clearly @Ferrik should turn into a giant muscular MAN when he shapeshifts.
    Riluo
  • This changes everything!

(As a joke. The thought had occurred to me, but. I mean, being a crocodile, I'm sexy and I know it.)

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    edited April 2014
    I just can't wait for the next time the admins decide to throw a ylem thing and everyone gets flipped over because oh goodness everyone's a were-thingy.

I mean, if I were in charge of plot and had that on everyone, you'd have to pay me to resist screwing with the playerbase.

• April Fools was 14 days ago, admins!
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Undecided, I was a bear for the longest time, I just never used the class. Waiting to see I there's an RP reason to join a pack. Not sure if it fits my play style or not
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Gonna headbutt stuff to death and drink and tusk things up and generally be smelly and fierce in mutated form, not just normal Trollness. 
  • Were I a player? Definitely a wereboar. Not that I'm biased or anything! I really wanted to make an underdog race that goes against the "such predator wow" that you get with the werewolves and bears that is pretty prolific across numerous games. Ultimately, I settled on wild boars as they are an extremely dangerous creature and prolific creature in the wild without being at the top of the food chain in their regions. (unless it's like, modern times in which case--there's nothing left to prey on them in many regions of the US!)

Besides: dem tusks.
    ArekaIshin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @haern I like your selfie
    HavenCalipsoAarbrok
  • Tbh that wereboar looks like it's drunk and finding its way home.
    Haven
    Raeche said:
    Tbh that wereboar looks like it's drunk and finding its way home.
    It has pickled their insides and made them more durable, it's all part of the technique. 
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Areka said:
    Raeche said:
    Tbh that wereboar looks like it's drunk and finding its way home.
    It has pickled their insides and made them more durable, it's all part of the technique. 
    Meaning to say my pork medallions come ready marinated in a red wine jus?
    ValingarIshin
    Yes, they're just considerate like that. 
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    edited April 2014
    How Ishin sees Vimi/wereboars now:

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    JensenRiluo
  • Give em massages to get that nice Kobe marbling. Mmm.
  • There are no wereboars/werecrocs. Just bacon and shoes.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

BenedictoIshinFaerahIosyne
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I want there to be a were-bird of sorts. Death from above!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2

JensenHaern
    I *really* want to be a were kitty. Panther or leopard or something. I'm really surprised something feline wasn't picked. When I think shapeshifter, big cats spring (hehe) to mind a lot sooner than boars.
    ArbreIshinLinAreka

• A wereboar on a horse? It's more likely than you think! 
    Ishin