Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Macavity said:
    @sessizlik I am sure the Admins also are probably putting the events around certain times where its most populated based on stats from the past so to get more people involved with them.  However I would agree that there should be at least one person who would run an event or two for those outside the US
    This isn't just Admin who do this, Also cities/guilds based stuff around USA time also.. We had a recent 'arguement' within Spinesreach because of the same thing, Why is everything after midnight for us UK people.. But seems if you speak to them nicely, Things can be arranged but turns out not many people show up when its early usa time. So I guess thats a big reason why its based around USA time to get more people involved since its only a few hand fulls who does not full this time.

So thing is, Would you rather ignore 2 to 4 people or 20+ people?

• The timing of events was decided based on peak population times - the vast majority of events are only really functional if there are enough participants around to support them. As much as we'd love to be able to schedule some events to be more accessible to to the varied schedules and timezones of players, there's simply no feasible way to run them - not only because we'd be short on admin to run the event, but also because we'd be short on players to participate.

That being said, that issue is near entirely why we added the caveat of minor events being run throughout the entirety of the celebration. Since we don't have to include the results as part of the calculations to determine the winner of the 'big prize' (the Delve embassy), there's far more flexibility in hosting the events. If there are active players around, chances are someone will be cooking up something to reel people into the celebration!
    Ezalor
  • edited September 2013
    There are also going to be daily events (run at various hours throughout the day and night) wherein people can participate in a puppet show or listen to some music for prizes, amongst some other events (races, fighting). Think of it like mini-Ironbeard, but you need to be there and can't have won before!
    EzalorAarbrok
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    My rage is that I have a wedding this weekend and will be out of town for almost an entire days events and working for the next batch!

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I just love it when one guy manages to make an org look griefy as hell, especially when other members of that org have issues with their conduct.

Aarbrok
  • The removal of the little circle a bit west of West Gate in Bloodloch. Everything is ruined.

Forever.

Who ever thought you would see me again?

"If we have willed it, we will be second to them in nothing." - Giovanni Pico della Mirandola
    TrigruXarian
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Xavin said:
    I just love it when one guy manages to make an org look griefy as hell, especially when other members of that org have issues with their conduct.
    The irony...

Seriously though, let's not even start down that path.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• You guys need a less traumatizing mod color for those of us on the phone. Yellow on white ughhhh.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Haven
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Hot pink for modcolour 2013

DraimanTrigruPerilunaAarbrokJasline
  • Moirean said:
    Xavin said:
    I just love it when one guy manages to make an org look griefy as hell, especially when other members of that org have issues with their conduct.
    The irony...
    We're not the ones declaring holy wars over monuments instead of dealing with the root cause - an enemy status. Hell, you guys can at least deal with those.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited September 2013
    If you're raising monuments and destroying shrines for the sole purpose of annoying an organization much stronger than you (or "just because I want to") then you really shouldn't complain about retaliation. Talking and threats didn't work, hunting down the person constantly defiling shrines didn't work, so the only thing that seems to have an effect is to hit that person's organizations as well.

Aside from the monument (which was raised for the sole purpose to hinder people) the constant defiling of Iosyne shrines would have brought a Holy War in any case.

Might I remind you that everything your Order has been involved in recently you guys have been the aggressor and initiator. It's stupid to call it griefing when you're basically asking for it. The potshot defiling has been going on for months now without retaliation, clearly without actually taking action it won't stop.

Don't forget it wasn't darkie Orders that decided to go and war every single Order on the enemy side for no reason other than they were stronger at the time. Don't be a hypocrite just because you're on the other side now.
  • edited September 2013
    Edit: Didn't see the mod post, sorry.

• Guys, please don't get this thread closed again. I'm not nearly as artied IRL, but my reaction is still to throw hammers when upset, and I don't need to have to buy ANOTHER computer screen.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Teani
  • edited September 2013
    Edit: Didn't see the mod post, sorry.

• STOP IT!!!

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited September 2013
    I tried to talk to you Ezalor in game and ask you why you were defiling, I had to find out from Angwe that he had defiled a shrine, because you did not respond when I asked you in tells, I then told you in tells that Angwe had defiled and I was unaware to which you did not respond.  So if you are not going to respond to IC means and just defile, how are we supposed to deal with you.

Right now it just seems like, I DO WHAT I WANT WHATEVA.....

and the only reason it seems that way is because the only person in Iosynes order who does any sort of roleplay is Moirean (By Moirean I mean Carnifex or Spinesreach)
    The Bloodlochian constituent just wants to kill and not do any sort of Roleplay, its not the other half of that order which is rather cool.

The problem really is communication, you and other can be really cool, so I am not trying to sound like a bad person, but if you do not communicate with people when they ask questions there is not much we can do about it.
    Xavin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Ohey, look, I'm using mod yellow to tell you to DROP IT.
    Like its hot....
  • Can we get a brighter, more noticeable mod color/font combination plz?

Yeah, not everyone uses a black background where yellow is really effective, like on the phone.
    Pink is acceptable.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Rainbow

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Faaaaaabulous. Call it unicorn font.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aarbrok

My name is Hecarim, I am now your moderator!
  • Going that extra step to really try to help a novice. Even going ooc to explain things on a mechanical level, figuring they are a true novice and just getting screwed over in the end of it.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Damonicus said:
    Going that extra step to really try to help a novice. Even going ooc to explain things on a mechanical level, figuring they are a true novice and just getting screwed over in the end of it.
    I fell for it as well, do not feel bad
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Damonicus said:
    Going that extra step to really try to help a novice. Even going ooc to explain things on a mechanical level, figuring they are a true novice and just getting screwed over in the end of it.
    I feel ya, man. I've got two not-really-noobs that are pretty exhausting and trying to help them goes in one ear and out the other. 
    Minarael
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Ours dug up every coffin in the Bloodloch graves and then suicided. Hooray \o/.
    EWWW, see thats just crappy

Sorry about that, thats a pain.
  • lol, someone got MAD!
    MastemaAarbrok
This discussion has been closed.