- This washrag can be used to SCRUB away bad smells quicker than
        normal.
  • You are holding:
    BLAH BLAH
    Categories:
    You have 1 items in the RP category.
    You are wearing:
    BLAH BLAH
    You have 29 types of items in the cache.

What is this?

Tyrai
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    HELP INVCAT
    Aarde
  • Minarael said:
    Why does stink exist as a mechanic? :|
    To serve as a grim reminder to humanity that undead smell like the south end of a northbound horse.
    LinHadoryu
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    What determines the upkeep cost of a library? How much is it if it's a static cost? If I have a library in my haven, will it take the money out of my inventory, bank, or do I have to pay it manually? If I ended up leaving for another 4 years and come back will I have 4 years of back pay to get reopened? >.>
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• I believe it's whether they are org/house libraries, whether or not they are set public/private, and I don't know a way to autopay them. The upkeep isn't massive, though. And it isn't hard to reopen.
    imageimage
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Haven and house libraries need to be paid manually (unfortunately, grumpgrumpgrump). Org-owned ones will withdraw from the bankaccount associated. If you are late, yes, you will have to pay up the stacked fees, to re-open the library. 
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    It takes a few IC years for it to actually close though. I want to say around four. If you go a year or two before that, the upkeep will just add up by 1000 each year.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I think I somehow got my house library switched to be owned by my family clan. I can't remember what I did to get that set up, but I know that my IC family can add books to it and I've not manually paid dues in like 4 RL years.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Is there an IC reason why plants no longer die around necromancers?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Angwe said:
    Is there an IC reason why plants no longer die around necromancers?

Don't believe there was ever an IC reason the change was made. Just one of those things where the lore/mechanic was retconned/removed.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    edited July 2013
    I don't think there was anything massively RPd out about it, though I was lifer at the time and might have just missed an event if there was one. The plant decay was just really ANNOYING from what I recall of people whining because it also drained essence from the necro's reserves. For reference, here are the posts - it should be noted that the plantlife withering was a curse (apparently temporary) from Belaki in punishment for a silly little back-and-forth extermination scuffle and not some innate evil being oozed, so anyone trying to claim that as proof that necros are innately anti-forestal/evil, is kinda heading the wrong way. Another reason would be better.

PUBLIC NEWS #3940
    Date: 2/4/2006 at 2:29
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: The violation of My garden

My decision is made.

Xarian and Jarick thought it would be wise to choose how they would alter My garden without My permission.

They felt that an expression of the death of plantlife within My garden would be most appropriate.

Brunneng and Tilanna thought quite the opposite. Without My permission, they sought to alter My garden to what they thought was 'best'.

In response, I offer a curse that will affect both groups. No longer will the necromancers feel welcome within the natural world. No longer will the naturalists be able to avoid the connection of the necromancers to death.

The necromancers shall wither the plantlife around them, and they shall no longer have a choice about it.

Belakai, the Shaper

Penned by my hand on the 23rd of Ios, in the year 179 MA.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #503
    Date: 2/4/2006 at 17:19
    Subj: Divine foolery

Wondering what all this means?

- All necromancers above a certain level in necromancy will sap plant
    life around them passively. It will drain essence from them when this
    occurs.

- Exterminate and Inferno now require 10 ash

- Undead necromancers will lose half the essence that a living
    necromancer will from withering plantlife. (Not in general)

Plants will now spread naturally.

Belakai

Penned by my hand on the 13th of Arios, in the year 179 MA.

And then....

ANNOUNCE NEWS #1347
    Date: 9/19/2009 at 8:20
    Subj: Bug fixes

Necromancy

- Necromancers will no longer randomly kill off plant life at the cost of essence while in the room with them.
  • @angwe Shoddy RP from an old coder Admin was the only reason necros killed plants in the first place, as you can see from the posts Moi found.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Belakai wasn't just a coder Admin, he was Associate Producer and the first person to breathe life in this game when original Varian was still in charge. Don't discredit what he did for the game.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

TeaniEsperLuthien
  • Whoa there, buddy. Calm your tits. I wasn't discrediting anything, I simply stated that someone did something they likely shouldn't have. I.E. Coder Admin doling out RP "punishments".
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Pretty baddonkey punishment, though.
  • ChelseaChelsea Australia

What systems are people using right now. I need to update to a new one but I am very poor :(

I heard of a few like tripwire and others, which would people recommend as I can not build a toptier system or pay much.

• @haven has a free MUSH system on the forums called Lillith
    Piper
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    What is the Teradrim bashing attack? And their raze skill if they have one?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    'earth skullwhack' is their bashing attack.

'touch hammer' is their raze skill.
    Atrapoema
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Chelsea said:

What systems are people using right now. I need to update to a new one but I am very poor :(

I heard of a few like tripwire and others, which would people recommend as I can not build a toptier system or pay much.

Tripwire is really good and updated on a regular basis. Speak to Kaeus about it.

Raze skill is sand shred, can combo with a normal attack if sandstorm is at full. (desiccation) You can also use earth stoneblast, don't need sand present for that. (terramancy)

Teradrim are written so every skill works against NPCs, but your best bet for bashing is going to be batter. (terramancy) You can also order your golem to help, but make sure you heal him!
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Earth skullbash:
    In a wide, powerful arc, you send your flail smashing into the side of a Nazetu cook's skull.
    Damage done: 1686, blunt.
    Balance Used: 3.01 seconds 
    560 DPS

Earth batter:
    You quickly lash out with your whirling flail, sending the triad of spiked balls to batter a bound shade in quick succession.
    Damage done: 1032, blunt.
    Balance Used: 2.15 seconds
    480 DPS

Batter is faster so more crits, but the DPS increase is pretty big on skullbash.
  • I've actually found that, as a dexterous Teradrim, hammer is just ahead of skullbash in terms of DPS, but it has a huge endurance drain. I use hammer until I hit ~25% endurance, then switch to skullbash, because I can regenerate endurance as I continue to bash with skullbash. Batter's increased crit rate may make it better than both, but I just couldn't justify it, as it's much, much slower than both.
    Ezalor
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    You use Terramancy Hammer on a Nazetu corrupter.
    The earth cracks and buckles as you bend it to your will, drawing forth a tremendous spiked hammer of stone and bringing it crashing down upon a Nazetu corrupter.
    Damage done: 2284, blunt.
    Balance Used: 3.44 seconds
    663 DPS

Yeah hammer is pretty boss, the 300 endurance cost per attack is indeed pretty crazy though. Comparatively skullbash takes about 20 endurance.

Atrapoema
    Ah, I didn't test on NPCs. I just hit myself, and the other skills are apparently reduced a ton by audits, which I didn't consider. I assumed it would have been the same across the board.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    The immense damamge on hammer makes it exceptionally useful when bashing the Volcano (those higher crits -will- kill a daemon, unlike a annihilating crit from earth batter).
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    What happened to the newsletter? Is that still a thing?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.