MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• I hate writing essays. I can do them just fine, its not that they're hard. Its that its time consuming and at this point, I'd rather use my time on something that isn't school-related. I allotted all day to work on the last essay I have. I'm finally down to two paragraphs left (they're not long essays, either, they just have to be 5 paragraphs with a min word limit, reasonably). Its like 8pm. I started at 12. 8 hours to find 6 quotes, knowing what I wanted and just having to look them up and then sit down and piece it together.

I'm mostly frustrated at myself. But procrastination. 
    Haven
  • edited April 2013

Lanira said:
    Trying to get back into finishing my schooling. But, I have ADD to the point where it makes it very hard to sit down and study, and I am the poster child of disorganized. I have medical records of my 8+ years of treatment from a psychiatrist, and have been reevaluated since then; But it's so hard to find a doctor who's even willing to consider stimulants as an option, despite that they've been one of the few things that have worked to get my symptoms under control. I'd go back to the psychiatrist, but I'd rather not pay that kind of money.
    I'm in the same spot in terms of the school, ADD/ADHD wtfness, (They did away with ADD as a singular, official diagnosis a few years ago), and  I dropped out of huge lecture classes because they're not stimulating enough. When I'm fresh out of Adderall XR I chew gum to get myself through papers and tests. If I don't have any gum, I tap a beat on my desk or hum while I work. Either way, I try to concentrate on something to focus my energy into. The only thing that really gets me in the zone, though, is my Adderall. Btw, when you get your meds, I would consider going to a community health center fill them. I get a substantial discount. My insurance doesn't cover my ADD/ADHD medication so I need a cheaper way to get it. Instead of the $150 I would normally pay, I only pay like $12. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Apartment hunting.
    RivasLinHavenSeir
  • I was on ritalin for a few years... I hated it :(
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Woke up before 5 am due to loud noises outside (despite earplugs) after 2 hours of sleep and couldn't fall asleep again. Bastards rolling down the street, speakers at max volume and teens hanging out the windows screaming to some god-awful music (could it have been Barbie girl? Yeah, and, for some unfathomable reason, Macarena) from the top of their lungs. Not the best way to start a day. I just want it to go away now.

And I was in one of those 'Ooh, I wonder what will happen next'-kind of dreams. Now I'll never know. :(

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Clearly, the Macarena happens next.
    EmelleAlastair
    Ugh. :(

Two days of being able to stay up late and sleep late have thrown my schedule so off whack.  It's now past 4am and I have to work at 10.30.  Thank god I don't have to actually -do- anything at my job, or I'd be screwed.
    TeaniLinAryanne
  • edited April 2013
    In half an hour, I get to go have blood drawn because the windowlickers over at Occupational Health lost the results to my mandatory TB test (small injection of fluid under the skin, come back three days later and have someone look at it) that I took when I started working here at the hospital SEVEN MONTHS AGO (according to them, they simply "have no record that it was ever done").

The most disorganized, least-efficient department in my ENTIRE medically-oriented workplace...is Occupational Freakin' Health. C'mon now. I got blood drawn Friday for something unrelated, now I gotta get blood drawn -again- cause some fools can't do their damn jobs.

/raaage

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• Arbre said:
    Two days of being able to stay up late and sleep late have thrown my schedule so off whack.  It's now past 4am and I have to work at 10.30.  Thank god I don't have to actually -do- anything at my job, or I'd be screwed.
    For the past month, I've consistently spent 2 days a week without sleep (various reasons: work, NaPoWriMo, people calling at stupid hours, barking dogs, etc). Then, making up for the sleep deficit by sleeping more than 18 hours on weekends.  Thankfully, work's been slow so I can get away with gazing blearily (hauntingly, in a Lovecraftian sense, maybe. My co-workers would know. But they haven't said anything. Huh.) at whatever stray object my eyes can fixate at. It's close to 5 AM, have to be at work by 11. No way I can get any sleep now. Tea, it is. 
    For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,
    and we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    Every angel is terrifying.
  • The last two weeks of any semester ever. Between finals quickly approaching and professors being under the assumption that we MUST have at least one more exam worth of material crammed in before the actual final itself, I'm ready for summer.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    ArbreAryanne
  • Last minute changes to the largest program presentation in my college life. After tomorrow at 3:00, my brain will officially check out of college. Regardless of the fact that I still have 3 finals next week. I DON'T GIVE A UNICORN!
    imageimage
  • Work, school, sleep. Work, school, sleep. Work, school, sleep. Work, school sleep.

It wouldn't be as bad if I didn't hate my job with a passion.
    Aryanne
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited May 2013
    Completely failing at converting real life dates into in-game dates and having to redo the entire Eireachdus schedule as a result. Sorry to those it's inconvenienced. 

Just in case I still got it wrong in game, the potlatch is supposed to be Tuesday, May 7th at 8pm EDT.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Aryanne
  • did you do date 05/07/2013? Not sure how to do the time thing but I know that works.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    Angwe
  • TzaTza
    edited May 2013
    Work. Work. Work. Unicorning Work.

Idiotic american parent companies who think that letting go of people straight through all departments just because profit for last year wasn't ~90-100 million but a few million less is smart. It's not like the company is in financial trouble. We've been growing all these past few years (last year included!). This move certainly shot morale though. Waaay to go.

It also means that instead of filling the TWO open positions in my team, likely neither one will get filled. We certainly have work enough for +3 people here. My digital pile of work that is at the bottom of the list and not getting done is ever growing. It'll reach Mount Everest height by the end of the year if this keeps up. And I'm by far not the only one. (And I'm not the only one either who is simply angry about it and thus won't stress anymore. If there's no time and no people then it WON'T GET DONE and releases will have to be pushed back as a result. Yeah that's a period there.)

I don't get why companies never seem to learn. When [a certain big international company] massively let go of people a couple years ago, it was the -capable- ones that took the money offered and left first. They certainly had no trouble finding a new job. [The company] lost knowledge. The same is happening here now. It's already inconveniencing me at my job because certain knowledge (especially market knowledge!) is no longer available which means I have to search around and spend quite some time bugging other people (or making guesses. Yay guesses.). Ridiculous. I don't get it. Maybe someone can enlighten me or something in how this is in any way a 'smart' move.
  • I work for a fast food company as a manager. It isn't as big as McDonald's or others, but still fairly prevalent. If there's one thing that I've learned in my time in the fry mines, it's that corporate is filled with complete and utter jack-asses who are nothing more than a bunch of worthless fucking pencil pushers.

They know nothing of working in a restaurant because they never have, or if they have, they've completely fucking forgotten how terrible it can be, and how much of a pain in the ass it is. On top of this, all training materials talk to you like you're a child without a grasp of common sense. At the end of the day, all of these worthless pain in the asses see is numbers, and that explains a lot of the problems we peons experience.
  • Kiyotan said:
    Completely failing at converting real life dates into in-game dates and having to redo the entire Eireachdus schedule as a result. Sorry to those it's inconvenienced. 

Just in case I still got it wrong in game, the potlatch is supposed to be Tuesday, May 7th at 8pm EDT.

Oh thank god. I took a look at Project 3321 and panicked because I thought it was Wednesday, when I don't get out until 8pm on a long day. Luckily Tuesdays are my days off.

I have been yawning so much at work I got fed up and went to bed the minute I finished dinner. At 8:30pm. Slept 4 hours and stayed awake the rest of the night. ARHHH

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    LinAryanne
  • edited May 2013

Waking up to Mickey Mouse stuck in a pile of plastic bags on my desk. I think I scared the shit out of him as much as he did me. Then I found mouse turds in my bathroom. I think he came through the radiator in there and then just came in my bedroom from the bathroom. But still freaked out.

To be more specific, because it was a -little- funny.

RUSTLE RUSTLE.

Me: Just the wind.

RUSTLE RUSTLE.

(takes out earplugs. Half asleep.) Okay, not the wind. But there's a draft in here.

SQUEAK!!

Me: NOT THE WIND! GET A SHOE!

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    OrisaePerilunaAlexinaHaydynKerryn
    You're/your

Their/They're/There

Could of (could have)

But mostly, payed/paid

Unless you're in the Navy, you'll likely never use the word payed in your life.  PAID.
    EmelleTeaniAryannePerilunaLiancaAlastair
    To add to previous post...

it's - short for it is or it has
    its - possessive pronoun

AryannePerilunaLiancaEmelle
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Alternately: could've
    AryannePeriluna
  • y'all

not

ya'll

Seriously. "Y'all" is short for "you all". Put that apostrophe where it belongs.

AryannePerilunaErzsebetAngwe
    You were thinking of me when you wrote that.
  • I don't know what you're talking aboutbre.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm grumpy about this thread being forgotten while things that belong here keep making their way to the game rage thread.
    Lin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I rage at an ear infection and PMS making me pretty irritable these past few days. :(
  • Packet loss.

Packet loss that only seems to happen with Aetolia -.-

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited May 2013
    I read up on all the helpfiles, the laws, and the book listed for my requirements, then I specifically ask my guild mentor if there is any other tasks I need to do. I get told no, there is nothing else, so I ask for an interview, and the first question I get is to explain something that has not been mentioned in any of these texts -whatsoever-.

I tell him that and this is what happens:
    Menelaus gives 14 books to you.

Apparently, "You may wish to also read other books found under the Required and Suggested categories in the guild library" means "You will read an additional fourteen books in the library under the required and suggested categories in the guild library."

No, screw this.

This almost made me quit the guild right there. Instead, I just decided to log off and go to bed. My excitement for the Indorani guild is quickly waning.

EDIT:
    I have to emphasise how much this really sucks. Argh. Blergh. No. Don't want. This is Achaea's stupid house requirements all over again. I'll drudge through this when I wake up, but after my interview there will be some serious book burning going on.

Maybe I'm overreacting because I've worked all night, but this is like... the opposite of a fun, engaging, and immersive roleplaying game.
    HadoryuAmaraValenaeEmellePerilunaTzaErzsebet
  • I hear the Carnifex are really sweet this time of year.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MastemaMoireanLinTozEmelle