Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• When I was in the Sect (I'm not now), he did it to me. Plus he's never said "and". Sooooo yeah, he's outing them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area

Moirean said:
    I don't think he's giving names out. He's saying "I wanna duel sect members AND these various other people."
    You weren't playing when it happened, but that's what he did. He would say, quote, "Seeking duels at North of Trees WITH THE FOLLOWING SECT MEMBERS: A, B, C, D, Q, R, S, T, U and V." 

Everybody already knows he's calling out sect members, and he's stupid for doing so. They should really just kickban him. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    DaskalosArbre
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ah, well his current market ad lists people with bounties and people he has personal grievances with, like Kog, so I didn't think he was listing Sect members.
    Xiuhcoatl
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    edited April 2013

My experience is 'If you want something done, do it yourself'.

Edit: That was directed at Ciarelle, yes- org woes, etc.

Ezalor
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Except, nobody in the Sect has powers to kick him (yet). At this point, it'd have to be an administrator possessed the Sect NPC and did it.

Unless you were referring to Ciarelle's post. In which case, carry on!
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Ciarelle: Teani hasn't been asked for help. <.<

• edited April 2013
    From my chat log: market seeking Ranked spars and duels with sect members, Tyrak, Illidan, Kiyotan, Borscin, Murad, Kedulv, Gepideth, and Kog.
    English 101. A comma when used with a list is used for a shorter version of and. Seeking duels with sect members and tyrak and Illidan and kiyotan and borscin and murad and kedulv and gepideth and kog. Would be the long form of that. I use commas in the hope that people can understand the difference. Do not fear Illidan, Rivas, Daskalos, Seir, Xavin, and Arbre, I will now shout that I am seeking duels with sect members, followed by one shout for each individual after that, so you are not offended or upset and I can do an additional shout after that if you would like me to clarify that I am not seeking them not for being a sect member but rather for bounties which the person could check with BOUNTIES. I have heard that this is upsetting you and will now try to accommodate you as best as possible. If a better solution can be had, I am all ears for it. However, that's the best way I can break it up so you don't misunderstand that message. And for your record, I've been doing that since BEFORE the sect came out with pretty much the exact same message. 
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Xiuhcoatl: Putting an 'and' after 'sect members' would make the distinction much clearer (wouldn't need one after each separate name). Just a suggestion!
  • When several of the people listed aren't in the sect of blades, why do people still insist it's outing a list of people in the sect of blades? I don't get it.
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
  • @Teani - this is all suffering a bit from me wanting to be a bit vague and simply unhappy about things. I didn't set out to criticise anyone specifically. Basically, though, the guild was asked generally to join in this project - there was a new post, announce, timeframe, reminders, etc. Some people volunteered but for various reasons, it's gone a lot more slowly than intended and it was already delayed at the outset anyhow while I waited for someone else to finish up another activity. Now someone who submitted something for it has withdrawn their part for reasons I'm not going to use the forums to get into, I'm still waiting on a couple of things, and I'm looking at having to postpone the conclusion of it yet again.

Hence the feeling of it being lose-lose: if I'd just done it myself, it would be over with now, but that really doesn't seem fair on the other people who want to participate in these things and I think that part of having a character as GM is facilitating other people's engagement with activities in the guild. The various downsides associated with making it a joint task, however, are really frustrating -me- currently.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    From my chat log: market seeking Ranked spars and duels with sect members, Tyrak, Illidan, Kiyotan, Borscin, Murad, Kedulv, Gepideth, and Kog.
    English 101. A comma when used with a list is used for a shorter version of and. Seeking duels with sect members and tyrak and Illidan and kiyotan and borscin and murad and kedulv and gepideth and kog. Would be the long form of that. I use commas in the hope that people can understand the difference. Do not fear Illidan, Rivas, Daskalos, Seir, Xavin, and Arbre, I will now shout that I am seeking duels with sect members, followed by one shout for each individual after that, so you are not offended or upset and I can do an additional shout after that if you would like me to clarify that I am not seeking them not for being a sect member but rather for bounties which the person could check with BOUNTIES. I have heard that this is upsetting you and will now try to accommodate you as best as possible. If a better solution can be had, I am all ears for it. However, that's the best way I can break it up so you don't misunderstand that message. And for your record, I've been doing that since BEFORE the sect came out with pretty much the exact same message. 

Hey, it doesn't bother me, considering at least one of those people you keep marketing wanting a bout with hasn't logged into Aetolia in almost a RL year. :) I just laugh everytime I see it, and shake my head at the silly, silly Xiuhcoatl. Illidan\Rivas just brought up a good point, that if you're advertising sect members (and some of them are) then it kind of goes against the secretive nature of the whole thing.

Not to mention, HELP MARKET explicitly states that you should use the SPAR WHO command system for spars, not market. (Yes, @Calipso, there is a help file on what can and cannot be used on market. Read it sometime.)

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

AryanneAlexina
  • Xiuhcoatl said:
    A comma when used with a list is used for a shorter version of and. 
    I got your back on the whole market thing--keeping membership in the Sect secret is, to a large extent, a personal burden of the person in it, as there's nothing in HELP SECT that says you shouldn't reveal other members.  But the grammar issue you raise is called a comma splice, because a comma does not a conjunction replace..

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Sorry, @Ciarelle. I completely understand your rage. I probably just missed a lot, so don't worry about it. I'll help out with what I can! :)

• Why is it that every single piece of clothing in Aetolia always has to have some sort of "flair" or dramatic effect to it? Seriously, anything that ever looks remotely utilitarian always has to have some sort of decoration to it, normally in a way that ruins it. Why in the hell do black monk trousers need embroidery of a fucking golden-ass dragon? Why does a short-sleeved shirt of brown leather need golden embroidery and "metallic vines offering a touch of feminity to the otherwise practical garment."

Quit that shit.
    LunaAryanne
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I quoted because I couldn't figure out what a golden-unicorn dragon was.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    You're a golden-unicorn dragon.
    Swastan said:
    Why is it that every single piece of clothing in Aetolia always has to have some sort of "flair" or dramatic effect to it? Seriously, anything that ever looks remotely utilitarian always has to have some sort of decoration to it, normally in a way that ruins it. Why in the hell do black monk trousers need embroidery of a fucking golden-ass dragon? 

Quit that shit.
    Hey, that's what the Sentaari wanted!
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited April 2013
    Hey hey hey, I have some simple utilitarian stuff in my shop, and am happy to add more!

Edit: Rather than adding another post - it's why I took up tailoring too, to have just some useful, durable sh* that wasn't all bedazzled or velvet. pppft velvet. 
    [spoiler]image[/spoiler]
    AlexinaLinPerilunaEmelle
    Swastan said:
    Why is it that every single piece of clothing in Aetolia always has to have some sort of "flair" or dramatic effect to it? Seriously, anything that ever looks remotely utilitarian always has to have some sort of decoration to it, normally in a way that ruins it. Why in the hell do black monk trousers need embroidery of a fucking golden-ass dragon? Why does a short-sleeved shirt of brown leather need golden embroidery and "metallic vines offering a touch of feminity to the otherwise practical garment."

Quit that shit.
    Another practical crafter reporting for duty.

That malarkey was half the reason I got tailoring.

Areka
  • The unicorn in that statement is referring to something that rap artists are often so fond of.

And I'd like to thank Areka for her signature. For some reason, it spurred my wife to spontaneously whip hers out and have me rub lotion on her.
    Haven
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    YOU'RE WELCOME. 

Now shop at my shops. /meta
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Areka, Eleanor, Phoenecia (half of her stuff is fruity-tooty, but she has some nice mundane tailorings), and Rho, if Rho is still tailoring. If you're into the forestal look at all, Sibatti's old crafts are still being sold by the bushel at places in Duiran, and they don't have "the finest quality silks" or golden unicorn-dragons.
  • I have some variety selections myself, including plain and simple stuff. (It sells really well >>)

The referenced trousers aside (they were commissioned by the Sentaari to display their insignias for the different paths) most of my stuff is pretty utilitarian (some of Sibatti's things were mine that I left to the crafters when I left). Though, being a darkie now, I am also adding in fancypants dresses because vampires like that jazz.
  • ^

This is true, I often seen Acino in his ball gown hanging out with Severn.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    MoireanPiper
  • With the skillset, I would expect a wee bit more ferality and predator RP to vamps. But every single shop in 'loch seems to cater more to "OMGPRETTYBLACKDRESSESANDBUTTONUPSHIRTSLETSBELIKE...GENTLEMENANDWOMENOMGKAWAIINOMAMNOBLE".

I mean, I can dig the noble vamp rp to some extent, but for fuck's sake, show some balls-deep kill maim destroy feral-ass vampires who are here only to satiate their needs and to elevate themselves and their fellow vamps as the supreme race.

If you are expecting vampires to not be snooty, pretty anne rice themed sexbombs, you might be playing the wrong MUD. And if you ever find the right MUD, tell us.

ArekaYusriLin
    edited April 2013
    I don't know. It feels like Aetolia plays into the whole Vampire: The Masquerade vibe where vampires generally speaking are dark, powerful, and attractive. I guess you could try Achaea if you're not into that sort of thing, but on the other hand there were lots of boobilicious sirens there the last time I checked.

EDIT:
    I kind of feel similarly but about many endgame descriptions: so many azudims/tekals/yeleni/idreth have these weird combinations of scales, fur, tails, horns, scales, wings, and strange heights (either three or eight feet tall), hooves, antlers, and tentacles. This is a bit of an exaggeration, but sometimes reading a person's description makes me uncertain what they really look like, which makes it harder to roleplay with them (do I have to stand up on my toes in order to pat his shoulder or not?). Some people have truly wonderful descriptions (with @Aarbrok and @Serrice being my personal favourites by far).
    Aryanne
    I dressed my Siren in a nun's habit and made puppets of anyone who hit on her.
    Moirean said:
    I dressed my Siren in a nun's habit and made puppets of anyone who hit on her.
    That must have been -a lot- of puppets. Once, a siren told me she wanted to sleep with me because she thought I had a pretty name.

/facepalm
This discussion has been closed.