Short COMBAT Questions

Comments

• Dex impacts snipe damage now, so far as I'm aware - though good luck doing much damage without either (stupidly) high dex and an arti bow.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Ishin said:
    So moving on, what stats modify archery damage? Is it dex or did they change it to str, or is archery dmg flat depending upon bow stats?
    Dex modifies archery as far as I am aware, yes.
    Toz said:
    My point is not that 'amg they nerfed syssin stupid hard with this D:' - it's that, c'mon. Stop selling artifacts that have impacts on combat balance. Unable to be proned in a team fight is a Teradrim-only skill...unless you had the cash lying around to win that arti auction. And I'm not mad at the people who buy them either - it's just getting too close to 'pay2win' for my liking.
    Regarding this, most of the artifact auction artifacts that negate some ability negate a single ability. It's not breaking combat to have an artifact that prevents abduction, just like it's not really breaking combat to have an artifact that negates the force skills or makes an area act like it is monolithed. If you want to complain about an artifact, set your sights on the thrim flute.

• I think the thrim flute is pretty silly as well - my point is more, the more of these in play, the less abilities that are out there that can be used besides just standard, uncreative hack'n'smash. Force, abduct, that sort of thing? They're at least more interesting ways of getting kills - even if people use them uncreatively, there's the potential for more. I don't like people being able to pay to turn class stuff off.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinMoirean
  • edited April 2014
    Dex

Strength used to affect crossbows, while dex was the normal bows (though I don't remember how long ago that changed - that is literally going back before Aetolia, and it is dexerity for sentinel crossbows now). I don't know if the shift of crossbows to dex may have been recent with sentinels, or it may have happened years ago (who'd know? It's not like anyone ever used a crossbow anyway).

Edit: geez, that sentence is barely english. Sorry! Can't be bothered rewriting.

Ishin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited April 2014
    Dex has influenced bow damage as least since when I stopped playing last year and has for longer, likely at least since I started playing. All bows effectively are of the same system, but just have varying to-hit and damage stats. (longbow weakest, crossbow superior damage but lower to-hit, darkbow super superior to-hit but slightly less damage than xbow) .

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Anyone know why phase was changed not to last through logout?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Griefing.
    Areka
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    My guess is that it's because people were forcing disconnects/qqing while phased to break into places and then be unable to be caught/removed.
    Areka
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    RiluoIshinXavinHavenAryanne
  • Haven said:
    Anyone know why phase was changed not to last through logout?

So When you phase in the city and QQ when you come back its like a "SURPRISE!!!!!" @Haven..

But to stop following people around then Qqin in that sport / shops city houses etc

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Oleis @Razmael -- Would it be very hard to get voyria being cured to show on discernment? It's really hard to track the way it is right now, because essentially what we have to do is have any kind of vial-sip cure voyria. Is this something one of you guys can do, or would that be more of a QoL report for the liaison process??
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Ah, gotcha. Thankfully guards are superslow...Got disconnected in an enemy city! WAS NEARLY PAINFUL EXPERIENCE.
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:
    Ah, gotcha. Thankfully guards are superslow...Got disconnected in an enemy city! WAS NEARLY PAINFUL EXPERIENCE.
    @Haven SURPRISE!!!!!!

Might be easier to have 'x takes a drink out of (forgotwhatcuresvoyria) vial.'   - then might be easier to track if people are curing health/mana/ and same for speed for aeon etc @Ishin
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    How does paranoia layer with peace?? Does one replace the other, or is it possible to have both? If you have both, does it consider YOURSELF as an enemy but nobody else?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Ishin said:
    How does paranoia layer with peace?? Does one replace the other, or is it possible to have both? If you have both, does it consider YOURSELF as an enemy but nobody else?

I did test this recently, and for the life of me I can't remember what the conclusion was. It's time to retest.

FOR SCIENCE

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    You believe everyone is out to get you, but that's okay, man.  All's chill.
    AryannePerilunaMoireanSetne
    Is evoke lightning being adjusted at all recently?

I keep finding that my balance times for it keeps fluctuating and I have no clue why... Am I bugged or something?
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Maybe afflictions like confusion? It's one time for hunting, another for PK, and  they're pretty well set. I haven't noticed anything.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Wat dis?

[4805(88%)|5273(92%)|0|99%|93%|57.8%] [HMcsp e-] STUNNED -a shrine of Slyphe-
    [Tripwire]: Info: Afflictions: stormtouched, hidden, prone, blindness, sensitivity, claustrophobia,
    Your mind is able to focus once again.
    [1884(34%)|5273(92%)|0|100%|93%|57.8%] [HMcsp e-] STUNNED (-2921h (unblockable), +48w, +20e) -a
    shrine of Slyphe-
    You may eat another plant.
    [1884(34%)|5273(92%)|0|100%|93%|57.8%] [HMcsp e-] STUNNED -a shrine of Slyphe-
    outc bayberry;eat bayberry
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Looks like Omen and incomplete aff tracking.
    Ashmer
  • Sheirosia uses Mentis Whisper on you.
    Sheirosia's eyes meet yours, suddenly locking your gaze to his. He utters a sharp, unintelligible
    whisper, and you break free of his piercing gaze.
    Sheirosia uses Mentis Whisper Impatience on you.
    You shuffle your feet noisily, suddenly bored.
    You are afflicted with impatience.
    Your mind feels somewhat slower and more plodding.
    You are afflicted with stupidity.
    [H 71.00%|M 73.00%] [csdb  -b] |S:97%|xp 44.93%|
    You are afflicted with blood_curse.
    Sheirosia whispers your name, and you find your concentration wavering for no apparent reason.

Is that a bug? Considering Dwhisper is EQ and bloood_curse is bal? I always thought you had to do Blood curse/dwhisper???

• Azton said:
    Sheirosia uses Mentis Whisper on you.
    Sheirosia's eyes meet yours, suddenly locking your gaze to his. He utters a sharp, unintelligible
    Sheirosia whispers your name, and you find your concentration wavering for no apparent reason.

Is that a bug? Considering Dwhisper is EQ and bloood_curse is bal? I always thought you had to do Blood curse/dwhisper???
    Fairly certain that's the case. Most abilities you're not able to use off eq, but you can mentis off bal.

• Xavin said:
    Azton said:
    Sheirosia uses Mentis Whisper on you.

Fairly certain that's the case. Most abilities you're not able to use off eq, but you can mentis off bal.
    YES But he's using BALANCE of EQ ... @Xavin ... you cant frenzy after dwhispers .. and you didnt used to be able to use curse/poison after dwhispering so have I missed a changelog/news about this?

Not a bug.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited May 2014
    Ishin said:

Not a bug.

Yeah, this. Blood curse/poison are designed to be able to be used post-whisper as well.

Edit: Sorry, to make that clearer, it's set up so that you can either blood curse/dwhisper OR dwhisper/blood curse. You will never see jab/dwhisper/blood curse ever, because blood curse and poison both require balance only. If that was a concern there at all.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• Azton said:

so have I missed a changelog/news about this?

So above.. Thanks

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Azton said:

Azton said:

so have I missed a changelog/news about this?

So above.. Thanks
    Not that I can tell, but it's not a recent change by any means. I can track down an exact date later today and let you know, if it matters to you.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    How did you do that?

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Setne said:

How did you do that?

?
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."