Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• I'm irritated that from my testing the spike/quill relic seems to have a fire rate of 15% and does 24 unblockable damage. So, the average damage returned per hit is 3.6

@Oleis, can we either up the damage on this relic or just raise the fire rate? At 24 damage it's not even really going to matter if it fires every single time you get hit.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I don't think it's meant to be a combat perk so much as an RP bauble.
    MephistolesXavinMoireanIshin
  • It's not really a combat perk (although some of the relics are), but it would be nice if it fired a little more often. 15% is extremely low, as is an average of 3.6 damage returned per hit.
  • I feel like it's an rp thing. This is a situation similar to artifact pets where they follow a 'kill player' order and deal something like 5 damage per second. Not meant to be a real combat perk.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    hey I've been 24 hp from dying before! YOU NEVER KNOW.
    Ishin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    Xavin said:

I feel like it's an rp thing. This is a situation similar to artifact pets where they follow a 'kill player' order and deal something like 5 damage per second. Not meant to be a real combat perk.

My pet does not even deliver damage?

You order the elder dragon, Re'augar to kill Riluo.
    The elder dragon, Re'augar obeys your command.
    Then nothing ever happens, is it bugged?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I think it's a special pet thing isn't it? like a more expensive thing you buy.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    Nah, I got the full top shelf pet with all the trimming's. I am annoyed that others can order theirs and I can not.

@Oleis please to fixing my expensive dragon!! Because you care about my sanity right ... right :)

• Sorry.. they tried to teach it to attack, but apparently all it's good for is running.

Hmmmmm!
    StathanOmeiIshin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    -gasp-

:)

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I'm so sick of the constant paranoia and exclusivity with events. I explicitly class switch to Syssin, so I can phase and watch the show - because it often is a show, our admin put in great efforts to create awesome emotes and scenes - and lifers have this absurd paranoia where they repeatedly have to unphase me and get upset that I'm there phased. Usually it turns to random PK attacks or hostile messages.

I am there phased because I want to watch the show, without interfering or intruding on your stuff. Do you guys seriously think that only you should be allowed to enjoy watching an event? I know you don't, because lots of you are happily carrying honors lines from things like Iosyne's shadowplague cure. So why are we forbidden from watching?
    Sheirosia
  • It's because when you phase, and it is a sensitive-type event people think you're up to something. We think the same of anyone who shows up phased.

This particular event, Moi's history with Slyphe may have something to do with it as well.

StathanJamiKerrynIshinRivasSheirosia
    If I were up to something, I'd be walking in and emoting. I phase so I can be mildly afk and read the story and not interfere.
  • I'd imagine if we started murdering/attacking/yelling at anyone who showed up to darkie events, we'd get yelled at for picking on non-comms. Maybe put that to the test some time.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinVolka
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Damn you auto correct! You know what I mean.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Mephistoles
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Island's Order: Where All the Dairies Lay.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    IshinStathanMoireanAryanneSheirosia
    If we were being all super RP-mode about it, Moi would be trying to sabotage things - and that kind of stuff is griefy and uncool so I'm not going in and doing stuff like pitting your group. RP is mildly suspended on my side. Expecting secrecy at events is silly - the results get posted on events news, so it's clearly open information.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    There's a difference between a public posting after the fact and in-moment reaction-prompting information. I do not think that is a fair comparison, neither do I think it is a fair comparison to contrast picking on noob accusations and sigil'ing Moirean out of phase. Darkies have chased lifers away from events and while a bummer because we want to watch, doesn't mean it's not valid or unreasonable of them. If you want to spectate OOCly see if someone there will c/p you a log, because even if your intentions are OOC, you being there is IC and can further change events if you decide to stop being there for the OOC. Folk never know.
    KerrynEmelleStathanRivasVolka
    Uhh I try to find reasons to get both sides involved in events. Like with the Shadowplague, I had Bene and Aren bring it to Eno, and just last week with Ati back, I asked Damariel's order to help. I don't see us chasing people out.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Toz said:
    I'd imagine if we started murdering/attacking/yelling at anyone who showed up to darkie events, we'd get yelled at for picking on non-comms. Maybe put that to the test some time.
    To be honest, noncom or not, I'd expect some form of aggression from the dark side. Maybe not outright pk 100% of the time but hardly would expect friendliness on an ICE level. If this is -really- a problem for the community, and I don't think it is but, maybe we could idea a spectator lounge where everything within it is considered OOC and violence is prohibited. You'd get a special command where you get to ask permission to view the contents of the room to which the "actors" can agree too. Again, this sort of thing would require a lot of trust between parties since the potential for marshaling is huge. Just a thought I know a few kids that have something like this.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    LimStathanEmelle
    Or people could just chill and let others watch.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    A little annoyed with watching novices exit Bloodloch only to have this:

There are 13 Teshen raiders here.
    Two rooms outside city Novice dead.

I feel a bit bad for them that being a citizen equates to anytime they leave they get killed in mass.

Alexina
  • I don't think it should lead to PK necessarily during an event, but I -do- typically associate phase with sneaking around and being up to something. The way you're using it seems like you want it to be considered an almost administrative separation, and that's kind of meh. Just read a log, if you want to do that.

I don't have any problem with darkies coming to events I'm at. I think @ingram was the one who showed up when Slyphe's Grotto got ate, and we did some grumpy RP and everything was cool.

Just show up. Someone might RP some things at you, and you can either ignore them, RP back, or idle and read the event later. If they PK you, they're kind of being a d-bag, and I prefer not to make my plans around d-baggery.
    IshinAryanneRivasEmelleAreka
  • It's a little OOC and unrealistic to expect them to ignore spies when they clearly aren't that incompetent. I thought Omei was pretty cool trying to rope me back in (after ICly chasing Lim away) since I was just there to watch. If they know you mean no harm and aren't there to ruin the event, I think they'd be more than willing to come up with some believable reason to let you hang around?
    SlypheArekaRivas
  • When I'm phased at an event that has to do with lighters I almost expect when I'm pulled out that something bad may happen. Especially if I'm spying on Gods.
    KerrynArekaMephistoles
  • I was gonna say...Lim was the perfect example of what y'all are talking about, yeah. After awhile we just kinda got used to Lim being there and pseudo-helping (and randomly bonedaggering Xavin, which I think we can all get behind), it was all good.

Plus, to be fair...it's not like we know WHO is phasing. I certainly didn't think "Moirean is phased here, and due to her history with Slyphe it's probably a bad idea to let her stay blah blah blah". I saw "You are being spied on" and "A presence out of touch with reality" or whatever the Bell and Illuminate messages were, and thought "Whoa phased person snooping. Probably not good."

Especially since past events with other people have shown us the "phased people unphase and steal stuff/kill people/take over the event" trick that kinda soured it for folks.

I echo Rashar and Lim. Phasing during an event (where gods are present and people are gonna be checking for that stuff for their own safety and cause of RP) is just asking to be unphased. Just walk in and grab a seat with the rest of us. We won't bite.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

StathanElieArekaAngweEmelleErzsebetMephistoles
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited July 2014
    Dairies, Island, and ICE, few more words and I think I can construct a proper sentence from Haven's autocorrects.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Stathan
    Lifers try to PK me if I come in unphased, or shout at me to leave, and then I get bitched at for disrupting stuff by showing up. So I come phased. Nobody posts logs to read, really.
  • Rivas said:

After awhile we just kinda got used to Lim being there and pseudo-helping (and randomly bonedaggering Xavin, which I think we can all get behind), it was all good.

IC reason: subconscious assassination attempt.
    OOC reason: forgot to switch targets after prism'ing.

>.>
    RivasStathan
This discussion has been closed.