Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Areka - most of us would do it purely for the conflict, I think. Lessers get boring, man :/
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • game is so slow lately because nothing has been happening so everyone needs to pick fights with everyone else, that's all it is really. 

Ashmer
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Except it isn't meaningful or really useful conflict outside of griefing, with the state of the opposing guild and volume of people able to make any impact other than getting curbstomped. The last handful of times Ascendril's been raided like that it was just griefy and overdone and made people want to stop playing rather than engage. 
    AshmerJaslinePerilunaCiarelle
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I dig what you're saying, @Areka. I don't disagree with you at all. My comment was made mostly in jest, but the second answer was just me trying to make a small point is all.

My main point was just that lessers get boring. I mean...outside of that, why would I ever go fight @Daskalos? I mean, he shouts some shit now and again, but there's...nothing he can really do to harm me OR my organization outside of like uh..either griefing us, which would get him pwnt by admin, or talking smack and trying to make me mad by infringing on my pride or some such. But neither of these things really harm us. I guess he could try to scalp members now and again too, but...
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited April 2014
    The source problem is the overall lack of engaging methods/routes of conflict in the game at present between opposing factions, that have meaning or impact on either, long-term or short-term. So. Its kind of like standing in place for too long, people get restless, they have to move.
    IshinHavenXenia
  • edited April 2014
    I hear Iron Hill is looking for a mad muffin girl.

So now my actual rage: My playtime has drastically reduced to practically nothing. RL has just gotten to the point where I have no time to really enjoy Aetolia as I could. I think, I am going to finally just have to bite the bullet and resign from things that I do not want to. Like everything.

• I don't really like contributing to the forums anymore. I'm just putting that out there - this is pretty much it except for anything I absolutely have to do here. For all the thought-provoking material that gets posted, there is a lot of passive-aggressiveness, pointless hostility, attempts to yield an IG result through OOC peer pressure and, to top it all of, a lot of this is based on one-sided, biased accounts that get posted here. 

I think this rage thread is toxic, and should be reviewed. I've raged in it myself and never really gotten much out of it that I couldn't have gotten from a rant to an OOC friend. I've retorted when other people have raged, but we've now got this thing where we're supposed to let the ragers rage. I'm not sure how the policy goes here. Is mentioning my name repeatedly completely fine and not hurtful or problematic at all as long as you don't ping me?

Anyhow. Like I said, this is kind of it in terms of the forums for me. If you have an OOC problem, with me, the player, and want me to do something about it, you can contact me directly. There's a private message function on the forums. An OOC tell with a double parentheses asking if we can talk about this thing that's upsetting you and try to resolve it also works!

Otherwise, I'm sorry if this is hard to understand, but I will respond in an IC manner in Aetolia to an IC provocation. Maybe it doesn't look like a provocation to you but my character takes it that way! Maybe that tantrum you're throwing is supposed to yield some major result but doesn't faze her at all! Either way, it's IC - please, please take it that way.
    HavenEmelleErzsebetDaskalosArekaNolaAmberleaPerilunaVimi
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.

Rage at getting to see an engaging, intriguing, productive member of lifer-side get badgered enough over -muffins- that she may very well end up leaving for the shadow-side. Cheers to those that made that one happen.

Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

TeaniPhoeneciaRiluoAarbrok
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    That sucks if you ask me.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I wonder what would happen if everyone went darkie and there was no light side.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Arbre
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Well when everyone's a darkie...

HavenIshinTrigru
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Eleanor said:
    Well when everyone's a darkie...

I... can probably quote that movie from beginning to end all day. >_> I'm a dork. I suppose that's my rage.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    RiluoAarbrok
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited April 2014
    The situation between Sessizlik and the Ascendril guild could have been followed by some interesting RP where the guild engages in some way of trying to find a compromise, perhaps see if they can compensate Sessi for a lost business opportunity should she follow the guild's terms, or see if there's a way to get something out of it for the guild itself. It could have even been an interesting string of RP sessions with meetings, negotiations, mediations and law structuring. It could have opened up for a lot of things.

Edited as it was not very constructive. Anyway, rage at what seems like plenty of missed opportunities at interesting RP.

• Disappointing all around.

There are lots and lots and lots of people who trade and buy/sell with darkies. I am one of them. Call it bad RP, call it conveniently ignoring RP for the sake of business, whatever.
    I always play it as Rashar sort of assuming that what 'he' plans on doing with his end of the trade will be more beneficial than what he is giving to the bad guys. Either way, arguably
    more game changing than some cup cakes.

But if everyone who did that got bitched at, ostracized, and punished..eh.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited April 2014

You may apply another salve to yourself.
    A colossal swarm of ravenous eld expands outward, the air around the mass shuddering with power as rents in reality yawn wide around it. Jagged chunks of ice roar outwards from the tears, directed by the swarm, and lancing you to the ground as if your flesh were little more than paper.
    Health Lost: 1877, cold.
    You have been slain by a colossal swarm of ravenous eld.
    A stack of 31 echinacea roots falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 24 cohosh roots falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 14 slippery elms falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 2 hawthorn berries falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 2 pieces of bayberry bark falls out of your inventory.
    A goldenseal root falls out of your inventory.
    A bloodroot leaf falls out of your inventory.
    A goldenseal root falls out of your inventory.
    Some irid moss falls out of your inventory.
    A bloodroot leaf falls out of your inventory.
    A piece of kelp falls out of your inventory.
    Some irid moss falls out of your inventory.
    A piece of kelp falls out of your inventory.
    Shade, robe of the hunt falls out of your inventory and disappears in a flash of light.
    The Ivory Bough falls out of your inventory and disappears in a flash of light.
    Your rebirth defence has been stripped.

You feel your Inner Spark flare up, quickly moving from your inner core until your skin begins to tingle and burn. As your broken body falls to the ground, flames erupt from your body, burning the area around you at the same time as they heal your wounds.

Why do these repop on second life skills?!@!$# ARGH. I just had to kill Xiuhcoatl AND Dourif to even get them!

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Moirean
  • Falling asleep at the wheel. Stayed up way too late and fell asleep while RPing.

Sorry, @Serrice no recollection of writing that and no idea what I was even talking about lol. Sleep writing.
    Rawr
  • Ugh. Re. The Ascendril/Sessizlik thing, someone was at least trying to find a compromise. But I guess that doesn't matter at this point.

Not sure why I even bother.

Teani
  • While I get that this is the rage thread, I don't think you get to be disappointed in RP not going your way. Toz straight-up kills guild members who aren't acting in a way Toz approves of, because that's IC. I'm not going to argue against the rage, just wish the rage was directed more at characters instead of feeling so OOC-aimed.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

NolaArekaHavenCiarelle
  • Toz said:
    While I get that this is the rage thread, I don't think you get to be disappointed in RP not going your way. Toz straight-up kills guild members who aren't acting in a way Toz approves of, because that's IC. I'm not going to argue against the rage, just wish the rage was directed more at characters instead of feeling so OOC-aimed.
    No, I -do- get to be disappointed because I actually care about the state of my guild. I get to be disappointed because me making an effort to fix a situation that was, frankly, blown out of proportion was promptly undone because a god stepped in. I get to be disappointed because, surprise surprise, the guild is being blamed for its members not liking something that was, frankly, a bit shady to begin with.

• Xavin said:
    Toz said:
    While I get that this is the rage thread, I don't think you get to be disappointed in RP not going your way. Toz straight-up kills guild members who aren't acting in a way Toz approves of, because that's IC. I'm not going to argue against the rage, just wish the rage was directed more at characters instead of feeling so OOC-aimed.
    No, I -do- get to be disappointed because I actually care about the state of my guild. I get to be disappointed because me making an effort to fix a situation that was, frankly, blown out of proportion was promptly undone because a god stepped in. I get to be disappointed because, surprise surprise, the guild is being blamed for its members not liking something that was, frankly, a bit shady to begin with.
    That was actually more aimed at everyone going 'am disappoint Ascendril players', but sure.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:
    Xavin said:
    Toz said:
    That was actually more aimed at everyone going 'am disappoint Ascendril players', but sure.
    Thought it was directed at me. Sorry.

• I rage that we (as players) have to wait until the 1st of every month before we find out what the next promos are. Every other game I play posts a forum thread detailing what the next set of promos is being released. :( Makes me sad I can't prepare for good promos.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

DourifVimi
  • Haven said:
    I... can probably quote that movie from beginning to end all day. >_> I'm a dork. I suppose that's my rage.
    Brad Bird is a genius and it's one of my all-time favorite movies. No shame, sir. No shame.
    Haven
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    It never hurts to ask nicely.

Trigru
  • Zsadist said:
    I rage that we (as players) have to wait until the 1st of every month before we find out what the next promos are. Every other game I play posts a forum thread detailing what the next set of promos is being released. :( Makes me sad I can't prepare for good promos.

Iosyne said:

@iosyne: was this in response to @zsadist? If so, I, too, am pretty keen to know what next month's promotion is :D Would you guys mind sharing?
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

LimIshinRiluoDhraenVimi
  • Iosyne said:

@Iosyne, If this was in response to me, perhaps making another subtopic in Announcements called "Upcoming Promotions" could be added. And just make new threads for new promotions. Aetolia LLC could possibly make more money that way, cause then people could look at it and go, "Yes. I want that! MUST WORK MOAR!!" Also, see @Ashmer's cute dog post above. :D
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    @Zsadist @Lim: It was a general suggestion to anyone who would like to see something done differently. The other IRE games do not post about their upcoming monthly promotions, as far as I am aware, and it actually isn't a decision that can be made on our level. 

Sorry if my statement was misleading. I was being a little tongue-in-cheek about the effectiveness of asking versus complaining, not setting up an "ask and ye shall receive" promise.
    LimAshmerIshinPerilunaSlyphe

• Iosyne said:
    The other IRE games do not post about their upcoming monthly promotions, as far as I am aware, and it actually isn't a decision that can be made on our level.
    @Iosyne: Perhaps you can bring it up to the higher ups in your next meeting of sorts? Surely, releasing planned promotions wouldn't be a bad thing for the games.

• Zsadist said:

Iosyne said:
    The other IRE games do not post about their upcoming monthly promotions, as far as I am aware, and it actually isn't a decision that can be made on our level.
    @Iosyne: Perhaps you can bring it up to the higher ups in your next meeting of sorts? Surely, releasing planned promotions wouldn't be a bad thing for the games.
    Zsadist
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
This discussion has been closed.