How do you view Aetolia?

Something got my mind spinning this morning.

1) Are vnums considered OOC or IC?

2) How do you view the world of Aetolia? Do we live on a flat plane or do we live on a round planet?

I kinda see it as a planet and Sapience (Aetolia) is just a continent, and the other continents are the other IRE games.

Comments

• ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    vNums are considered in game as something similar to map coordinates (the Explorers define them and understanding their logic can be a little tricky, but it is handwaved as something along the lines of latitude and longitude).
    KalinaarFezzixMjoll
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Though, Are the other games within our solar system? For example when Niuri went and got herself stuck off the prime material and in the ether (this was in the way way back), could she have conceivably, accidentally discovered another planet-game? I ask this because of the break off from Achaea in our original lore.

• TiurTiur Producer
    Again, if they were in the solar system, we'd have given you spaceships to go shoot them! Or, Starmourn would have come here and bombed us.

There are actually hidden connections between ALL the IRE games, if you can find them... some are super hard, some not released, and some hidden in lore other games put out.
    MjollAlathesia
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    So what you're saying is its in the works to let us blow up other games???

• Oh god Rhyot got a new mission, watch out Lusternia.
    Rhyot
  • edited June 2019
    The ruins of Ashtan are actually a universal nexus point between Aetolia and Achaea. Enorian and Duiran are, too, but they plug their ears and scream to drown out the fact their cities were renamed from Shallam and Eleusis, respectively. Also, Hashan.

EDIT: And Azdun. And Fengard. And the Aerie. And the Ithmias. And Esterport (formerly Delos). And the Zaphar and Pachacacha. And Jaru. And the Bloodwood (formerly Aalen). And North of Thera -- uh.. Trees.

EDIT EDIT: And the entirety of the monk class.
    TeaniMjollMoxieOonaghRhine
  • edited June 2019
    My understanding of Aetolia came to me as an Achaea refugee. Where Varian was an intruder to the planet. Sarapis banished Varian to a mirror world created as Varian is an Usurper (Albedos spoilers maybe), who knows...but Varian wasn't a good dude in Achaea. He imprisoned Gods there, he did some shady stuff...and all we have in aetolia is "artifice" that covers up what really happened with Varian and creation here that is slowly bleeding out. (Not that I know any of this IC, but OOC wants to really find out if there is some weird crossover) That being said we have Gameverse evidence that Varian did NOT create aetolia....so I mean.

https://wiki.achaea.com/Aetolian_Saga

But I have never had any proof that this lore existed as part of our lore, but Varian definitely exists in THEIR lore.
    KalinaarMoxieEvalyne
  • Wow... you will now be known as the lore frog. That's very interesting info. 
  • @Oonagh I remember that. Achaean Varian was super bad.
    Oonagh
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Kinda funny, Varian messed with my Achaean and I was a part of the whole story. Now I can be Varian!
    OonaghBlanche
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Rhyot said:

Something got my mind spinning this morning.

1) Are vnums considered OOC or IC?

2) How do you view the world of Aetolia? Do we live on a flat plane or do we live on a round planet?

I kinda see it as a planet and Sapience (Aetolia) is just a continent, and the other continents are the other IRE games.

we should be able to INVADE the other Games (continent)!!!! LMAO
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Sklax
  • I mean, I don't know about y'all, but it's clear IC to me at least that Varian isn't getting any "Worlds Best Dad" mugs anytime soon.
    ArbreTeaniOonaghRhineFezzixSilenaBlanche
  • Tiur said:

There are actually hidden connections between ALL the IRE games, if you can find them...

I remember finding some Sehal stuff during the proxy war, I think it was a book dropped by one of the imps, but it mentioned Minia and Vellis. Made me go 👀
    Sklax
  • Tiur said:

Again, if they were in the solar system, we'd have given you spaceships to go shoot them! Or, Starmourn would have come here and bombed us.

There are actually hidden connections between ALL the IRE games, if you can find them... some are super hard, some not released, and some hidden in lore other games put out.

We're here...watching....waiting...
    *ominous music*
    RazmaelMoxieOonaghXenia
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Ilyos said:

Tiur said:

We're here...watching....waiting...
    *ominous music*
    is it called the retirement system?? LOL
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    KalinaarXenia
  • I love this entire thread, but never played any other IREs beyond Starmourn. The lore they have there surrounding Earth certainly has planted the seed that maybe Varian or the gods were a product of the mystery surrounding Earth's disappearance. Be they aliens or displaced from a shift that crossed parallel universes. I don't know!

• edited July 2019
    If I remember correctly, Yggdrasil exists in one or two other IRE games, right?

I like little easter eggs like this. Cross-game lore, e.t.c.
    Kalinaar
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Well, in the Achaea/Aetolia case, it's less easter-eggy than most since Aetolia is explicitly a deliberate copy of Achaea (by Achaea lore)
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Sklax
  • EvalyneEvalyne A Coffin
    Tiur said:

Kinda funny, Varian messed with my Achaean and I was a part of the whole story. Now I can be Varian!

Well you know what they say ... You either die a hero, or you live long enough to become the villain.
  • I've always seen the IRE games as more of a History of the same place. If at the beginning of Creation something different had happened each time.

Kind of thing.

And we, as the player base, are just thrown into random points in time during that sequences life span.

Achaea is the beginning. People finding out about mystical powers and monsters and the like.

Aetolia, the off shoot of Achaea. Where suddenly the day and night affect the people of the realm.

And so on, and so on.

Each one, the same thing. Just the butterfly effect at the beginning. Each tied together in someway, because in someway.... They are all the same.... In like the Multiverse kind of way. Not in like game play, or deep lore.... The games aren't the same.... You know what I mean.