Chaos Lord and Transparency

Comments

• edited June 2019
    @Oonagh I was expecting "Unicorns on feel the noize"

Also: One of my favorite poets is E. E. Unicornsmings.
    OonaghTeani
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    So is the majority conscientious that Chaos skill secrecy has had its moment, and it's time to move forward?

Feel free to put your definitive answer below.
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Yes
  • Yes. 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yes.
  • Yes.
  • Yes.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Yes
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited June 2019
    Yes.

Sorry Rhyot, I know you wrote you don't want to share your skill set, I'm definitely curious.
    I also want to know if these skills will be given to others getting level 200 (for shadow folks).
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Aloli said:

I also want to know if these skills will be given to others getting level 200 (for shadow folks).

Yes, the original idea was anybody who reaches level 200 would get an appropriate reskin of the Chaos mechanics.
    AloliSarita
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited June 2019
    no

If you wanna see the reskin, get to level 200. Put in the work.

Illikaal
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Double post (FULL REASON WHY I SAY NO):

2.5 years ago when I got Chaos Lord, it was viable in PVP because why shouldn't it? If I can't have access to normal classes, I should at least be able to defend myself and kill someone if they decided to jump me, yes? Well, cool. HOWEVER, it was so absurdly overpowered I was able to 1v5 a lesser and win because my Havoc hits were doing about 2800 damage per hit. That's gonna kill almost anyone in 4-5 hits even with good curing.

I was always working with Oleis, Razmael, and Keroc to make sure it all got balanced accordingly. Because let's be real, 2800 damage on a single hit is stupid OP. While fun, still OP.

A very large (small now) group of individuals got upset and pissy about it in Discord and issued themselves about it. Only reason why I know they did, is because they TOLD ME that they issued themselves about it. They told me "There's no reason why you should have such a powerful class. If you were a spirit tether, this wouldn't even be an issue." After that, Chaos Lord was nerfed into a child who can't even defend himself from lego blocks because the randomization is too much and the damage is too little.

Since then, I have tried to rebalance Chaos Lord. Multiple times. Each time, I get told the same thing.

Decision:
    2017/07/18 11:35:28
    Chaoslord is just a flavour skillset, we're not really aiming to make it competitive.

Decision:
    2018/04/18 01:13:56
    Our thoughts haven't changed from last time. Chaoslord is just a flavour skillset, we're
    not really aiming to make it competitive.

So essentially, I lost an original combat viable class (It's really a race, but for the sake of this argument we'll call it a class) because a bunch of people didn't like that I was a shadow tether individual that could fight them off 1v5. I put in unknown amounts of hours and hard work into getting level 200 and it got nerfed because what... people were jealous and upset about something being stupidly OP on release?

Should AB CHAOS be released, I have absolutely no faith that there won't be the same kneejerk reactions to Chaos that would inevitably make it pointless for me to even BASH in because people won't like that they can't use it.

OonaghZailaAloli
  • I’d point out that they made the right call there. Considering the time required to balance classes, it’s insane to expect the time be taken to balance 1 person for pvp. 

I’d also want to know what the racial skills were if they could be used in pvp, whether it is viable or not. 

IazamatXavin
  • I’m of the mind of not to take away or damage anything you’ve earned @Rhyot . I think reaching 200 was and is an accomplishment that you achieved that absolutely deserves something special because I saw how much dedication you put into achieving not only it but beyond.

Something I do not have the time or drive to do in all honesty. Alongside likely many other players. Which for all intents and purposes protects you and the class you have earned because a single persons use in a niche pool of abilities is not something I feel needs the impending nerf hammer.

However on that vein of thought we do so a very “chaotic” as likely intended, damage output and things like “unblockable” damage which definitely raises the curiosity flags. I know there are some curiosities to the race/skills you possess and I think just understanding of them would be nice. I would be keen to even toss in the caveat that we can’t report on your skills or groan to Keroc about things after seeing what they do and why they do it to protect you and allow you and the administration to have the hands on to any of that. But also in the same scope of things.... MAYBE we can also help improve your class and provide you advice.

Trying to be more constructive and see this as a positive opportunity than a negative because I definitely don’t want to damage your gameplay in any way. You’re a pretty good dude and honestly I think we should be good dudes back
    ChurchZailaAloliKalinaar
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Is anyone ever going to get level 200 again?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    If everyone knows what the skills are, you can feel free to use them to their full extent without worrying about it at least. No need to keep your chaos lantern under a bushel. If anything is SO crazy that it needed immediate nerfing you probably were trying to keep it secret anyways and not using it.
    EmirOonaghKyna
  • Aishia said:
    Is anyone ever going to get level 200 again?
    For most others: maybe by accident?

Zynti is working on it and trucking along like a monster.
    Church
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited June 2019
    Aishia said:

If everyone knows what the skills are, you can feel free to use them to their full extent without worrying about it at least. No need to keep your chaos lantern under a bushel. If anything is SO crazy that it needed immediate nerfing you probably were trying to keep it secret anyways and not using it.

looks at current Chaos Lord and the fact that I just spent 15 LITERAL minutes beating on Robyn in BP and got nowhere near killing her

Uh... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

• You would do the same thing with Prae if not for me. Do not use your combat expertise as a reason to keep it secret unless you're prepared to have it used against you. 
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    IazamatRhyotStineFezzix
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I'm prepared to have anything used against me. Its why we still talk. :P

That said, at this point.... the admins are going to do what they're gonna do. Which in this case since there's 10 people saying yes to release it... it's probably gonna get released anyway. And I'll just have to deal with the deletion of the race later (i don't trust people).

So anything after the 10 yes' was merely pointless waste of breath that the admins are going to look at, throw away and go "Time to move on."

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    I know at this point it's more or less a drop in the wrong bucket, but, no, please don't release the info.

Am I curious what Chaos Lord truly is from an AB/HELP RACIAL SKILL perspective? Absolutely. But if it's just what Rhyot's already explained the first time around (before the call to vote) and no admin contradicted him? Curiosity sated, let it retain the mystery, let Rhyot have his unbalanced (seemingly against his favor) class/race, and let anyone else who hits 200 have their reskinned mystery as well. Give players something known yet unknown to strive for.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Kalinaar
  • edited June 2019
    Fact of the matter is that if it were abilities that could only be used in PvE then I'd be all for letting it keep the mystery. But it's not PvE exclusive.

That said, I don't think it's fair to him to make it PvE-only just to preserve mystique. And I don't think it's fair to anyone else for there to be exclusive abilities that, unlike every other ability usable by players against other players, have no accessible information. I'd feel the same way if he was Spirit or if another player reached 200 and got their own reskinned abilities.

So yes, release the AB files.
    IazamatAloli
  • Thanks for following through, @Keroc.
    IesidJhin
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited June 2019
    Well... At least it was nice having Chaos Lord while I could. I dont imagine itll be much use for much longer. 

Oh well. 

• Just like I told you in tells when you decided to tell me you hate me this morning, nobody I know has said a word or even a joke about putting in a classlead for Chaos skills. 
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    So generally... I hate everyone. Some days i might hate people more than others, but generally... I dislike everyone.

That said, I apologize for my anger this morning. 

But just because you havent heard it, doesnt mean it wont happen. There are many other people in this game (about 90 of them) and I think history has a tendency to repeat itself. I do actually see people putting in reports for CL and I absolutely see them getting approved, if only to quell the masses and their opinions.

This discussion has been closed.