Commodities

So, not to be that person, but I guess now I will be.

We as players were told well over a year ago that there would soon be a solution to the commodities issue. Worried about city stockpiles and all that.

We're at the point now where I've had someone from each city ask me to speak to Enorian's leadership about trade. While that would be pretty cool to do, we're not in any place to offer any of the commodities needed by most cities at this point and the NPC cities don't release comms at a rate the puts a dent in the needs of the crafters of Aetolia. These aren't 'optional' comms either. (Not that there are many of those, each comm has practical uses)

Wood, cloth and steel are the ones I hear the most. Armor, vials and bandages require these. Even if you don't care about crafting as much as some, when the comms run dry, so do the means for cities to outfit their fighters.

So, basically, I'm hoping for an update. I play mainly to craft, and boy does it suck to feel guilty about doing something I enjoy or make something that may not be mandatory just because we don't have a solution to the comms issue yet. I can't claim to know what admin plans were or are. I don't know if it's a ploy to get people to invest money in permanent vials and pipes or whatever, but it's to the point where I don't dare to ask my minister to move wood over for purchase because I'm not usually making anything critical. I invested money into crafting and am now finding it to be more limited than it was when I spent the money because people are concerned about running out of things citywide.

Some communication would be great.

had no clue where to put this post, sorry
IazamatFezzixMoxieArbreSwara

Comments

• I suggested in another thread that we have a three person instanced dungeon where comms are the reward for finishing it.
    StineRasaniChurchOonaghSwara
  • I think that would be fine, maybe even a couple so people who are lower level can run through it to get comms. Even having npc cities sell more would be fine, most times they don't sell enough steel to even make one set of fullplate, and that's not taking into account reforging to get that perfect set. I'd take anything at this point!
    MoxieSwara
  • I made this complaint when I started as Enorian's trade minister in March and I did not get much of a response on what would be done to fix the issue with stone, steel, wood, etc being bled out of the cities. It's now almost July, I've had countless of messages asking for trade deals and I feel like a bad guy just being like 'sorry, I can't do anything for you.' 

It takes me almost 2 weeks to get 100 steel or stone from npc cities to support the city. I'm constantly searching, camping out, and spending gold. It can be difficult, but I do whatever I can to make certain Enorian's stock does not reach zero. It would be nice if I could offer our forgers more material to work with, but that would require change.

So for now:

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    ZailaXeniaSwara
  • Fezzix said:

I suggested in another thread that we have a three person instanced dungeon where comms are the reward for finishing it.

I wouldn't mind this as an additional means of securing personal commodities, but I'd much prefer a fully fleshed out and functioning replacement for the current comms generation system. Adding another band-aid at this point is only adding insult to injury and likely to end up as the fix-all rather than a temporary stopgap.
    RasaniStineKalinaarAloliXenia
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Just... A little... Longer.

Let me surprise you. Let me have that, please! You’ll see where I’ve been hiding!
    Kalinaar
  • I don't want to be pessimistic or ungrateful towards the response, because I do appreciate the coders' time, BUT this topic was raised from the dead in March and by now most cities have fallen into the low thousands for the "needed" commodities. Is there nothing temporary that can be done while we are going through this commodity recession? Because you know it's bad now when Spinesreach and Bloodloch is asking enorian for commodities.

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    Alright, I won’t get a FULL surprise because I’d rather address some unrest you all have!

I understand it was raised in March, and once I release what I have been working on, you will understand why it has taken me a few months (outside of me being a volunteer), as it addresses a lot of woes and it is an entirely new system.

Rest assured, I am not asking for months of patience. I want to have this to you before I go on holiday at the end of next week. But there is a release we should of had to you a long time ago that gets to go first!
    MoxieEmirRhineTekiasAloliXenia
  • Thank you so much, Kyna, I appreciate the explanation and look forward to it! :)

Aloli
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Moxie said:

I don't want to be pessimistic or ungrateful towards the response, because I do appreciate the coders' time, BUT this topic was raised from the dead in March and by now most cities have fallen into the low thousands for the "needed" commodities. Is there nothing temporary that can be done while we are going through this commodity recession? Because you know it's bad now when Spinesreach and Bloodloch is asking enorian for commodities.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! As Keeper of Bloodloch, I don't recall ever asking Enorian for commodities.

Moxie
  • Rhyot said:

Moxie said:

I don't want to be pessimistic or ungrateful towards the response, because I do appreciate the coders' time, BUT this topic was raised from the dead in March and by now most cities have fallen into the low thousands for the "needed" commodities. Is there nothing temporary that can be done while we are going through this commodity recession? Because you know it's bad now when Spinesreach and Bloodloch is asking enorian for commodities.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! As Keeper of Bloodloch, I don't recall ever asking Enorian for commodities.
    Some of your citizens have asked around my good man
    Moxie
  • Rhyot said:

Moxie said:

Don't worry! It wasn't you but when it is I'll have that reason engraved on my tombstone. :(

Swara
    edited June 2019

Hello friends!

Just giving you an update! We got a bit tied up in event code with Mages - but I am just letting you know it’s not anything crazy and we should have this new shiny to you within a week. I am excited!

I am also officially on my overseas holiday now, so I really appreciate the patience but I have left the finishing touches to @Razmael and @Keroc. They have babied this endeavour with me. It is in good hands.

I will definitely be around to announce it though!

KalinaarMoxieXeniaHavenSwaraAloli
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Just to keep you in the loop, this is almost finished and ready to ship - some things just took a bit longer to code than predicted. In particular our internal commodity tracking tools were incredibly rudimentary so I've been overhauling those before we release cause trust me we'll need them! Kyna should be back home in a couple of days so we'll likely wait on her so she can be here for the release of her own project.
    HavenAloliMoxieKalinaarXeniaRasaniNava